Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,112 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:12 AM

Why Do Some Women Find Difficulty In Taking Care Of Other Kids As Theirs? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Some Women Find Difficulty In Taking Care Of Other Kids As Theirs? (755 Views)

It Is Not Your Responsibility To Take Care Of Your Parents -Bisi Alimi / Reasons Why Some Women Never Want To Marry / Annoying Attitudes Some Women Display (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Some Women Find Difficulty In Taking Care Of Other Kids As Theirs? by NaijaOptimist: 9:37am On Mar 08, 2015
The case of househelp maltreating children is a known issue, but one may argue that most of these house help are not matured enough or have not gone through the pain of pregnancy or childbirth.

Such is not the story of some mothers, who maltreat other women children kept in their custody.
Some of these mothers are even blood relation of these children, while some are either friends or neighbours.

One can easily diffrentiate her children from others kept in her custody through preferential treatment.

Women, why is it difficult to treat kids in our custody just as we treat our own kids?
Re: Why Do Some Women Find Difficulty In Taking Care Of Other Kids As Theirs? by CHM11: 9:47am On Mar 08, 2015
Every woman is an evil witch until proven otherwise. Even after proven, she should still do refresher training periodically otherwise the witchcraft will resurface and take over.
Re: Why Do Some Women Find Difficulty In Taking Care Of Other Kids As Theirs? by kay29000(m): 9:52am On Mar 08, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Women Find Difficulty In Taking Care Of Other Kids As Theirs? by Tallesty1(m): 9:56am On Mar 08, 2015
This is harsh
CHM11:
Every woman is an evil witch until proven otherwise. Even after proven, she should still do refresher training periodically otherwise the witchcraft will resurface and take over.
Re: Why Do Some Women Find Difficulty In Taking Care Of Other Kids As Theirs? by Nobody: 10:10am On Mar 08, 2015
It boils down to the mind set

Women ar always in competition with every thin in their environment
And they let this get the best part of them
Re: Why Do Some Women Find Difficulty In Taking Care Of Other Kids As Theirs? by Nobody: 10:23am On Mar 08, 2015
CHM11:
listen old man! just because u were a victim of a woman(step mom or any woman) maltreatment doesn't give u the right to label every woman as a witch! my God, what are u thinking?! undecided
do u have a mother or a sister? jeez.
Re: Why Do Some Women Find Difficulty In Taking Care Of Other Kids As Theirs? by crackhaus: 10:57am On Mar 08, 2015
A friend once told me that she couldn't bear handling all the kids that were being put in her care by her relatives. . .in her defense however, they were a little too much in number but there was this one comment she made one time that really carried a lot of weight - she said she couldn't imagine cleaning up and changing the dirty diapers of a child/children she didn't birth, that these things disgust her.

Maybe there are a lot of women around who share her sentiments if they're not emotionally invested in a child that isn't theirs. . .just maybe

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Women Find Difficulty In Taking Care Of Other Kids As Theirs? by Nobody: 11:14am On Mar 08, 2015
kay29000:
Well, depending on their age, kids can be a handful. And some people just generally don't like kids. But if it is a woman that likes kids, even if they are for the other wife, she would still take care of the kid like it was hers'. I remember going to stay with a distant relative while I was in my teens. I had lived in that house for about a month before I knew two out of the kids were not the children of my uncle's wife; one was the kid of the second wife (who didn't live in the same house with us), and the other was the kid of my uncle's friend. I lived there for four weeks, and I never noticed any difference in the way the woman (my uncle's wife) treated any of the children.

+1

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some Women Find Difficulty In Taking Care Of Other Kids As Theirs? by Nobody: 12:16pm On Mar 08, 2015
Because taking care other kids is harder than raising your biological kids. There are so many factors involved!
Re: Why Do Some Women Find Difficulty In Taking Care Of Other Kids As Theirs? by slimyem: 12:48pm On Mar 08, 2015
Differential treatment....unavoidable and it's similar that applies to how everyone both male and female treat anything that's not theirs especially when no one's watching.

It's simple.Emotions are usually not as invested as it'd be with your own child.
Re: Why Do Some Women Find Difficulty In Taking Care Of Other Kids As Theirs? by tobechi20(m): 1:00pm On Mar 08, 2015
Ladies are selfcentered

(1) (Reply)

6 Year Old Nigerian Child Writes A Ouching Letter To Mum. / Hot Names In Town Now! Its Funny / Thread For Those Who Are Generally Disliked And Unpopular

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.