Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,957 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:46 AM

Why Do Most Nigerian Pastors "Talk Aloud (shout) " While Preaching? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Most Nigerian Pastors "Talk Aloud (shout) " While Preaching? (1152 Views)

Adeboye Visits The Family Eunice Olawale Who Was Murdered While Preaching / Dead Body Of Eunice Mojisola Olawale Killed In Abuja While Preaching. / But Why Would God Allow Someone To Be Killed While Preaching His Words ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Most Nigerian Pastors "Talk Aloud (shout) " While Preaching? by HrtBrkSteve(m): 10:22am On Mar 08, 2015
I've attended numerous churches in Nigeria, and what I observed in most churches is that whenever the pastors are preaching or trying to emphasise a point, they usually shout, even sometimes the way they shout into the micrphone can make your heartheat go a second faster, and I keep wondering why because I've been priviledged to attend some churches outside Nigeria and the pastors in those churches rarely do that. Though some Nigerian pastors don't do that.
Can someone give a rationale behind this?
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Pastors "Talk Aloud (shout) " While Preaching? by daimsy(f): 10:24am On Mar 08, 2015
lemme think.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Pastors "Talk Aloud (shout) " While Preaching? by Nobody: 10:26am On Mar 08, 2015
lol I use to wonder the same thing too o.
maybe they believe that if they shout, it will enter our ears very well or maybe they think it shows they are good pastors! lol
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Pastors "Talk Aloud (shout) " While Preaching? by Nobody: 10:27am On Mar 08, 2015
Thank GOD today is sunday just walk into any church and ask they wld be glad to help
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Pastors "Talk Aloud (shout) " While Preaching? by profstar(m): 10:32am On Mar 08, 2015
When nigerians will refuse to sleep from monday to saturday because of hustle, then on sunday you will now take pillow to church.

I guess a pastor nearly gave you a heart attack today when he shouted FIRE!! Get it bro! It was because you were dozing!
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Pastors "Talk Aloud (shout) " While Preaching? by HrtBrkSteve(m): 10:36am On Mar 08, 2015
daimsy:
lemme think.
Ok madame, waiting for ya
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Pastors "Talk Aloud (shout) " While Preaching? by HrtBrkSteve(m): 10:39am On Mar 08, 2015
EroticAngelina:
lol I use to wonder the same thing too o.
maybe they believe that if they shout, it will enter our ears very well or maybe they think it shows they are good pastors! lol
Hahaha, very funny. I was in a church earlier this morning, and a lady beside just asked me, "bro, but why is the pastor shouting this way now"
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Pastors "Talk Aloud (shout) " While Preaching? by izuch(m): 10:39am On Mar 08, 2015
Even me I ponder. I guess its the same reason why they use horn speakers and very loud box speakers, to drive thier message "home".
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Pastors "Talk Aloud (shout) " While Preaching? by HrtBrkSteve(m): 10:41am On Mar 08, 2015
profstar:
When nigerians will refuse to sleep from monday to saturday because of hustle, then on sunday you will now take pillow to church.

I guess a pastor nearly gave you a heart attack today when he shouted FIRE!! Get it bro! It was because you were dozing!
Bro, you're damn so funny. What a rationale you just gave. Though I wasn't sleeping.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Pastors "Talk Aloud (shout) " While Preaching? by Nobody: 10:57am On Mar 08, 2015
HrtBrkSteve:

Hahaha, very funny. I was in a church earlier this morning, and a lady beside just asked me, "bro, but why is the pastor shouting this way now"
lol she is probably a learner. pastors shout like that all the time. people are used to it
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Pastors "Talk Aloud (shout) " While Preaching? by profstar(m): 11:01am On Mar 08, 2015
HrtBrkSteve:

Bro, you're damn so funny. What a rationale you just gave. Though I wasn't sleeping.
are you still in church, check that guy beside you he is a JONAH, believe me the pastor will not leave your area nor stop the shouting. But no wake the guy o!, because all jonahs are BOXERS, i learnt my lesson the hard way.

Now, when you sleep beside me in church, i will give you my shoulder for a pillow straight
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Pastors "Talk Aloud (shout) " While Preaching? by HrtBrkSteve(m): 11:14am On Mar 08, 2015
EroticAngelina:
lol she is probably a learner. pastors shout like that all the time. people are used to it
Actually she was a first timer, she stood up during the first timers call.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Pastors "Talk Aloud (shout) " While Preaching? by Nobody: 11:20am On Mar 08, 2015
HrtBrkSteve:

Actually she was a first timer, she stood up during the first timers call.
ohh.. but STILL!!! is this her first time of going to a Nigerian church?
I've never seen a Nigerian church where the pastor don't shout! embarassed lailai
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Pastors "Talk Aloud (shout) " While Preaching? by hahn(m): 11:24am On Mar 08, 2015
Its all about the drama. All the lights, heavenly music, pastor's suit and ipad etc are all to embed the fantasy that they are trying portay into your mind.

And right after he has given a well thought out lecture how God can bless you so that you can receive healing, get that promotion, become richer, he'll go on to demand for "tithes". All the theatrics are based around what you can give the church. Nothing else

(1) (Reply)

The Tale About Life / A Prayer Warrior Droped Dead As She Tried To Heal A Sick Member / Photo: Virgin Mary Shadow Appears On Wall In Kaduna Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.