Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,592 members, 7,827,223 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

States In Nigeria And The Predominant Car Brand They Use - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / States In Nigeria And The Predominant Car Brand They Use (33041 Views)

Mercedes Benz Is Most Googled Car Brand In Nigeria. See That Of Other Countries / Mercedes Overtakes BMW As Biggest Luxury Car Brand. / What Is The Most Predominant Car Brand/model In Your State/city? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: States In Nigeria And The Predominant Car Brand They Use by 400billionman: 9:37am On Mar 10, 2015
Blanc8:
You so correct about Abia state and Mercedes benz...

Where and where in Abia ?

1 Like

Re: States In Nigeria And The Predominant Car Brand They Use by Philadelphia: 10:17am On Mar 10, 2015
400billionman:

I do not agree with you.

The commonest private car on Nigerian roads is Camry and Corolla belonging to the Toyota family. So i expect to see Toyota sweeping at least 10 states if you take 15 states into consideration..
Toyota I s common I know, but I didn't list up to 10 states na cry and I said "from my own observations wink"
Re: States In Nigeria And The Predominant Car Brand They Use by Skoopy(m): 11:43am On Mar 10, 2015
mooregan:

I disagree boss. Cross River is Ford. Akwa Ibom is Toyota

I disagree, CRS is Toyota (camry and sienna) .

Govt cars are Ford but there are not as much as the former.
Re: States In Nigeria And The Predominant Car Brand They Use by Nobody: 12:04pm On Mar 10, 2015
Anambra uses all. Gwagon na pure water not to talk of range.

Philadelphia:
From my own observations, I have noticed that the predominance of cars in Nigeria varies from one state to another. These are some of my observations as regards to cars predominance by states in Nigeria:
Abia - Mercedes-Benz
Anambra - Peugeot
Bayelsa - Mazda
Delta - Toyota (especially camry, corolla and Venza) and Honda (Accord and crosstour)
Edo - Mercedes-Benz (especially C-class trim : w202 C180)
Kaduna -Mercedes-Benz and Peugeot
Lagos - Toyota and Honda
Ogun - Nissan (especially the old primera)
Ondo - Nissan (especially the old primera)

These are my observations. Please add yours cool
Re: States In Nigeria And The Predominant Car Brand They Use by olipee(m): 1:04pm On Mar 10, 2015
In kwara where i hail from, we rep Bugatti and Ferarri dou some poor dude ride Ducatti.....
Re: States In Nigeria And The Predominant Car Brand They Use by Terenceike(m): 1:27pm On Mar 10, 2015
Philadelphia:

Yes it is Infact, they use some parts in common and they have almost the same engineering. Lexus is the luxury version of toyota. Compare a camry with an es300, a highlander with an rx300 / 350 and a corolla with a gs 300. Just like Acura is the luxury model of Honda Accord (Crosstour and ZDX), While Infinity is the luxury model of Nissan. Compare murano and fx, qx and pathfinder. The latest qx seems to be a modified nissan pathfinder. It was recently that the nissan qashqai was introduced and it seems to be a combination of both the nissan murano and infinity fx.
These are my observations. More expert reviews are welcomed.

Thanks for the info. Didn't know
Re: States In Nigeria And The Predominant Car Brand They Use by Michdear(f): 2:10pm On Mar 10, 2015
Philadelphia:
From my own observations, I have noticed that the predominance of cars in Nigeria varies from one state to another. These are some of my observations as regards to cars predominance by states in Nigeria:
Abia - Mercedes-Benz
Anambra - Peugeot
Bayelsa - Mazda
Delta - Toyota (especially camry, corolla and Venza) and Honda (Accord and crosstour)
Edo - Mercedes-Benz (especially C-class trim : w202 C180)
Kaduna -Mercedes-Benz and Peugeot
Lagos - Toyota and Honda
Ogun - Nissan (especially the old primera)
Ondo - Nissan (especially the old primera)

These are my observations. Please add yours cool
now u are so wrong @ philadephia ,most civil servants and middle class man in ondo use toyota even most taxis in ondo are golf 1234 then nissan primera,ondo deals with toyota.
Re: States In Nigeria And The Predominant Car Brand They Use by ruggedtimi(m): 2:44pm On Mar 10, 2015
bayelsa false.....bayelsa is toyota camry and corolla. rivers toyota and honda
Re: States In Nigeria And The Predominant Car Brand They Use by Raymie(m): 7:28pm On Mar 10, 2015
The use of vehicles in Nigeria was a geo political thingy with each zone having its prefered vehicles circa 2000 (West-Datsun Nissan/Toyota, East- Volvo/Mecerdes, North- Peugeot/Honda, South-South-Volkswagen/Audi). From 2000 onwards, vehicle delineations have narrowed out with most brands being used everywhere irrespective of location. The North has largely remained to Honda and some parts of the west still cling to the remnants of the Datsun dynasty (Micra, primera, bluebird). The South East/ South South has become more open to choice of vehicles.
Re: States In Nigeria And The Predominant Car Brand They Use by Nobody: 12:16am On Mar 11, 2015
Bangladesh

Re: States In Nigeria And The Predominant Car Brand They Use by Philadelphia: 11:59am On Mar 11, 2015
osmosis2015:
Bangladesh
This equals a toyota Sienna in Nigeria. 8 seats? shocked
I wonder how many passengers the toyota Sienna of Bangladesh would be carrying at a time. embarassed
Re: States In Nigeria And The Predominant Car Brand They Use by austin4real(m): 1:51pm On Mar 12, 2015
Here in Abeokuta Ogun state, the predominant vehicle brand is Nissan. Out of every 10 cars there would be 5 nissan vehicle... Models include Almera, Micra, Sunny, Primera..... in that order...... Crazy..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Guy Knocked Out By Lamborghini Owner After Jumping On His £320k Supercar For Fun / Container Falls On Bus On Badagry Expressway In Lagos (photos) / Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.