Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:52 AM

When Stealing At Home Goes Wrong(pic) - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Stealing At Home Goes Wrong(pic) (51046 Views)

"Paralysed Stay-At-Home Husband Impregnates A Disabled Girl On His Street" / Is This Right? Nigerian Mum Locks Her Kids At Home & Goes 2 Work Daily(pics / Photos Of The Girl With Half-body At Home With Her Family In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Stealing At Home Goes Wrong(pic) by ThisBoyGay: 8:08pm On Mar 08, 2015
It's funny how most parent think. You think if you beat a child it will harm the child? Or by not beating the child he will love you more? No. Probably the next day the child would have even gotten over the beating. But when you just pick the child up and assume he had learnt his lessons, then u are doing real damage to him. Because the only thing he will learn is to get smart and not fall the next time when stealing.
Edited: Some will be saying it's only ice cream naw. But that's where it starts from. Later on it will graduate to other things. And when u start beating him then, he will think u are mal treating him. And that's where rebellion start from. And you will be wondering what went wrong. "But I've always shown him love and attention. Why is he acting like this?"

3 Likes

Re: When Stealing At Home Goes Wrong(pic) by Nobody: 8:09pm On Mar 08, 2015
Preternatura1:
Some weird comments on here.

Why would anyone beat a kid for wanting some ice cream? That's just crazy.
was thinking the same thing. Kids are generally mischievous. I was once young too and I can remember doing something similar. At most you can warn him and perhaps don't buy ice cream for a while if you really want to punish him. Some peeps beat their kids for every Lil thing
Re: When Stealing At Home Goes Wrong(pic) by goodmorning40: 8:18pm On Mar 08, 2015
Na laugh go hold me firstoo.
Until I finish laughing then I think of what to do with him

1 Like

Re: When Stealing At Home Goes Wrong(pic) by UnimkeAk(m): 8:20pm On Mar 08, 2015
Symphony007:
What will you do if you hear a loud noise in your kitchen, you run in to find your son like this?

Nothing !
If my son can't have free access to my fridge anytime he feels like, what's the essence of having one.
Re: When Stealing At Home Goes Wrong(pic) by MymothersKeeper(f): 8:21pm On Mar 08, 2015
realdee44:
I feel for the child abeg. If he is my child I will pick him up & clean him then I will tell him not to repeat it again he should always ask when he needs anything.

Your son will end up like my ex , spoilt pompous & always right in his mind ! Everybody hates him & knows he wasn't taught well from home

2 Likes

Re: When Stealing At Home Goes Wrong(pic) by Beamborla(f): 8:22pm On Mar 08, 2015
I can still remember my dad giving me one week to choose my punishment... if he should cut my hand or my leg and if it's right or left.

Chai! One miserable week of my life angry sad cry

3 Likes

Re: When Stealing At Home Goes Wrong(pic) by ThisBoyGay: 8:39pm On Mar 08, 2015
Beamborla:
I can still remember my dad giving me one week to choose my punishment... if he should cut my hand or my leg and if it's right or left.

Lol... I no fit laugh o.
Re: When Stealing At Home Goes Wrong(pic) by Lawalmd(m): 8:40pm On Mar 08, 2015
Beamborla:

lol now that's a real punishment
Re: When Stealing At Home Goes Wrong(pic) by TopWinner(m): 8:41pm On Mar 08, 2015
Imagine all the ice cream in the refrigerator, and you can't give him some. WHY WON'T HE STEAL?

Ermmm, this is funny tho. Forget my seriousness up there ;DImagine all the ice cream in the refrigerator, and you can't give him some. WHY WON'T HE STEAL?

Ermmm, this is funny tho. Forget my seriousness up there
Re: When Stealing At Home Goes Wrong(pic) by shindarayo(f): 8:43pm On Mar 08, 2015
Clean him up, tk him to d nearest supermart, get him dlargest bowl of ice cream, bring him bk home, sit him down wt d bowl of ice cream amd mk sure he finishes it....justjoking *
Re: When Stealing At Home Goes Wrong(pic) by Nobody: 8:44pm On Mar 08, 2015
Most of you that commented earlier are just pretending to be cool about this topic. Between una and me eh, most of you will first shout at the kid by scolding him, then if his parents are Nigerians, they will TOP it with a SLAP! After which, they will DRAG him to the bathroom and clean him up! Then lectures about what happened will start!

1 Like

Re: When Stealing At Home Goes Wrong(pic) by Nobody: 8:45pm On Mar 08, 2015
Preternatura1:
Oh! I didn't think about that, the word "steal" caught me off guard.

I just think using the word "steal" is too much, why not just use "take" instead?

I'd like to think that for someone to steal something, they would have to hide to do that and I can't put ice cream on the list of things a child would steal.

Ohkk ma
He "took"ice cream without asking
Re: When Stealing At Home Goes Wrong(pic) by Nobody: 8:48pm On Mar 08, 2015
Lizabeth25:
Most of you that commented earlier are just pretending to be cool about this topic. Between una and me eh, most of you will first shout at the kid by scolding him, then if his parents are Nigerians, they will TOP it with a SLAP! After which, they will DRAG him to the bathroom and clean him up! Then lectures about what happened will start!

Thank you!
Don't mind nairalanders,they're never sincere with any issue.
Even in a mild matter like this people still dey lie...when will they ever be sincere.
Re: When Stealing At Home Goes Wrong(pic) by Beamborla(f): 8:50pm On Mar 08, 2015
Lawalmd:

lol now that's a real punishment
Hmmmm... I used to go to his room every night with my elder sister to beg him for that one week and he would just lock up and say I should not worry it won't pain me. How I cried!

On the last day he said he has forgiven me but if I repeat it again, he would cut one hand, one leg and would also remove one eye.
Re: When Stealing At Home Goes Wrong(pic) by Beamborla(f): 8:54pm On Mar 08, 2015
ThisBoyGay:

Lol... I no fit laugh o.
It was not funny then angry
Re: When Stealing At Home Goes Wrong(pic) by Coldfeet(f): 8:59pm On Mar 08, 2015
Kreamie:
Loooool....Beat his behind..Clean him up later grin grin grin grin
That's exactly what I'd do too! Thou shall not steal is one of the commandment! It will be a good time to not withhold the rod. Na that age all the aninis of this world perfected their skills.

No child of mine dares touch whatever I've stamped dont touch!!!!

1 Like

Re: When Stealing At Home Goes Wrong(pic) by FOREXMARTS: 9:03pm On Mar 08, 2015
Lock him inside the fridge lol he he he he he.
Re: When Stealing At Home Goes Wrong(pic) by cococandy(f): 9:07pm On Mar 08, 2015
Of course he will be vey embarrassed. That's one punishment.
The second one will be for him to go clean himself and the mess he made (depending on his age)

1 Like

Re: When Stealing At Home Goes Wrong(pic) by simdam500(m): 9:09pm On Mar 08, 2015
Kids ehn... undecided

I love their heart grin
Re: When Stealing At Home Goes Wrong(pic) by starlingbawa(m): 9:09pm On Mar 08, 2015
This is funny no doubt, but the single most important thing to do is to pick the child up, ensure he isn't hurt, clean him up and when he's calm you explain to him and 'MAKE HIM UNDERSTAND' that what he's done is wrong.
Re: When Stealing At Home Goes Wrong(pic) by ayusco85(m): 9:26pm On Mar 08, 2015
suruwilliams:
grin after you have put all your hope

Ur head. Dey thr. U must ve been guilty of this a lot of times
Re: When Stealing At Home Goes Wrong(pic) by redsun(m): 9:39pm On Mar 08, 2015
nzeaji:
If its my kid, he could be hurt.

I would clean him the f***-up first and confirm he's not hurt.
Later I'll negotiate a time with him to discuss punishment option. undecided undecided angry grin

You talk like a child abuser. Your children may neef to be protected from you,in a normal world of course.
Re: When Stealing At Home Goes Wrong(pic) by Alexisu: 9:43pm On Mar 08, 2015
Beamborla:

The funny thing is dat u will believe him
Re: When Stealing At Home Goes Wrong(pic) by lastpage: 9:46pm On Mar 08, 2015
I will bath him and clean up.
Then l will run to the Shop and buy him TWO "same size" BUCKETS of ice cream.

I will call his attention to it and tell him since you so much like taking this stuff... to the point of not taking permission, these two buckets are for your enjoyment and satisfaction.

I will not even scold you but ONLY on the condition that not a single spoon must remain. YOU MUST FINISH EVERYTHING!
wink

I bet you, in my own similar experience, when the lad finished first round, he was already dozing and had to be woken up and reminded that he still has more to go.

Next, bobo started crying that he has had enough! shocked shocked
Then bobo threw up at a stage!

Till today, bobo treats food like "nothing"..... he has developed a phobia for stealing or eating in excess.

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: When Stealing At Home Goes Wrong(pic) by JoeCutie(m): 10:19pm On Mar 08, 2015
He's a learner. I'd teach him well. cheesy

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: When Stealing At Home Goes Wrong(pic) by frank043(m): 11:11pm On Mar 08, 2015
THis kid is smarter jare! LOLZ...

Re: When Stealing At Home Goes Wrong(pic) by lordlek: 11:30pm On Mar 08, 2015
Amefrica:
Haha this was me. It happened to me like 5 times before, the last one was a pot of chicken soup grin I received the beating of my life that day - I was like 9 years old then. cheesy
nawa o so na ever body don thief for here ,and una dey curse jonny wea say ;"corruption is not steal "..
Re: When Stealing At Home Goes Wrong(pic) by Nobody: 11:46pm On Mar 08, 2015
lordlek:

nawa o so na ever body don thief for here ,and una dey curse jonny wea say ;"corruption is not steal "..

Lol who never do that one before?
Re: When Stealing At Home Goes Wrong(pic) by inikamoze(m): 12:12am On Mar 09, 2015
Bbdealer:
just look at his eyes dt kid looks like a wild card. if u don't spank him he'll just get smarter next time

remember anini and sina Rambo started by stealing kulikuli and groundnut dey later grew up 2 become rootless bank robbers

You must be a psycho to give an illustration of armed robbers to liken it to this kid. Real demented.
Re: When Stealing At Home Goes Wrong(pic) by soulglo: 12:17am On Mar 09, 2015
MymothersKeeper:

Your son will end up like my ex , spoilt pompous & always right in his mind ! Everybody hates him & knows he wasn't taught well from home

This is true. As adults you can still spot those ones who were not given rules and boundaries at home. It's almost embarrassing to be out with them in public. The sad thing is they usually are not aware that their behavior is atrocious.

1 Like

Re: When Stealing At Home Goes Wrong(pic) by OKNkanu(m): 12:38am On Mar 09, 2015
..... u get luck say no be my Mama catch u
Re: When Stealing At Home Goes Wrong(pic) by Nobody: 1:27am On Mar 09, 2015
realdee44:
I feel for the child abeg. If he is my child I will pick him up & clean him then I will tell him not to repeat it again he should always ask when he needs anything.
please can we get married soon?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Do I Apologize To My Wife? / Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) / 'My Husband Does Not Last A Minute On Bed' - Woman Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.