Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,224 members, 7,815,279 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

Fani-kayode Urges Ndigbo To Vote President Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fani-kayode Urges Ndigbo To Vote President Jonathan (1143 Views)

I Will Rather Die In Jail Than For Ohaneze Ndigbo To Claim Credit... Nnamdi Kanu / Vote For Gbajabiamila, Fani-kayode Urges PDP Lawmakers / Collect Tinubu’s N10,000 But Vote Out APC– Fani-Kayode Urges Lagosians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fani-kayode Urges Ndigbo To Vote President Jonathan by ikaboy: 9:02pm On Mar 08, 2015
UMUAHIA- THE Director, Media and Publicity of PDP Campaign Organisation, Chief Femi Fani-Kayode has called on Ndigbo to vote President Goodluck Jonathan for the March 28 election, saying he has the Ndigbo at heart.
Fani-Kayode spoke in Umuahia Sunday when he and his team cisted the state as part of their tour of the states in the zones of the country.
According to him, no other leader in Nigeria has done to Ndigbo what President has so far done to them.
“His unflagging love for the South-East zone has crystallized in a high number of Igbo sons and daughters serving in the present Federal Cabinet. President Jonathan’s government, as you know, was the first to appoint an Igbo military officer as the Chief of Army staff. Records have shown that it is only the government of President Jonathan that re-constructed the Enugu International Airport while also remodeling the Imo Airport.
“Indeed, the conversion of the Enugu Airport to an International Airport is considered critical to the economic survival of the people of the Southeast. We are happy to list the ability of people from south-east to tap from the You-Win initiative of the Jonathan’s government for economic benefits.
“The government holds the credit for constructing the Enugu-Port Harcourt dual carriage way as well as the rehabilitation of the Enugu-Port Harcourt rail-line. We will not forget to mention the construction of the second Niger Bridge which was started by President Jonathan.
The south-east states have also benefited from the progress recorded by the education sector under the government of President Jonathan with federal universities built in Ebonyi, Abia, Imo and Enugu states”, Fani-Kayode said.
He also attacked the Imo State Governor over his claim that Buhari would win the presidential election, hence the need for Ndigbo to vote for him.
“Let me seize this opportunity to dispel the shameful deceit and propaganda of the Governor of Imo State, Owelle Rochas Okorocha. He has said that the Igbo people should not waste their votes by investing them in our Presidential candidate on the basis that the rest of Nigeria will vote for Buhari. This is a lie from the pit of hell.
“Okorocha knows very well that all parts of Nigeria are rooting for President Jonathan, including the north where General Buhari hails from. We trust that you will never be cowed by the APC’s cheap propaganda and false claims”he said.

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/fani-kayode-urges-ndigbo-to-vote-president-jonathan/#sthash.EEFWbQl3.dpuf
Re: Fani-kayode Urges Ndigbo To Vote President Jonathan by redcliff: 9:04pm On Mar 08, 2015
ikaboy:
UMUAHIA- THE Director, Media and Publicity of PDP Campaign Organisation, Chief Femi Fani-Kayode has called on Ndigbo to vote President Goodluck Jonathan for the March 28 election, saying he has the Ndigbo at heart.
Fani-Kayode spoke in Umuahia Sunday when he and his team cisted the state as part of their tour of the states in the zones of the country.
According to him, no other leader in Nigeria has done to Ndigbo what President has so far done to them.
“His unflagging love for the South-East zone has crystallized in a high number of Igbo sons and daughters serving in the present Federal Cabinet. President Jonathan’s government, as you know, was the first to appoint an Igbo military officer as the Chief of Army staff. Records have shown that it is only the government of President Jonathan that re-constructed the Enugu International Airport while also remodeling the Imo Airport.
“Indeed, the conversion of the Enugu Airport to an International Airport is considered critical to the economic survival of the people of the Southeast. We are happy to list the ability of people from south-east to tap from the You-Win initiative of the Jonathan’s government for economic benefits.
“The government holds the credit for constructing the Enugu-Port Harcourt dual carriage way as well as the rehabilitation of the Enugu-Port Harcourt rail-line. We will not forget to mention the construction of the second Niger Bridge which was started by President Jonathan.
The south-east states have also benefited from the progress recorded by the education sector under the government of President Jonathan with federal universities built in Ebonyi, Abia, Imo and Enugu states”, Fani-Kayode said.
He also attacked the Imo State Governor over his claim that Buhari would win the presidential election, hence the need for Ndigbo to vote for him.
“Let me seize this opportunity to dispel the shameful deceit and propaganda of the Governor of Imo State, Owelle Rochas Okorocha. He has said that the Igbo people should not waste their votes by investing them in our Presidential candidate on the basis that the rest of Nigeria will vote for Buhari. This is a lie from the pit of hell.
“Okorocha knows very well that all parts of Nigeria are rooting for President Jonathan, including the north where General Buhari hails from. We trust that you will never be cowed by the APC’s cheap propaganda and false claims”he said.

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/fani-kayode-urges-ndigbo-to-vote-president-jonathan/#sthash.EEFWbQl3.dpuf

what has he done for the ibo people?

2 Likes

Re: Fani-kayode Urges Ndigbo To Vote President Jonathan by LordMecuzy(m): 9:06pm On Mar 08, 2015
What has he done for our Igbo nation.. Dredging Of River Niger and 2nd Niger Bridge always using it to deceive us..

Well 2015 I'm Voting for GMB I can't allow tribalism to keep me in the dark.

God Bless Imo State

Owerri My Home

10 Likes

Re: Fani-kayode Urges Ndigbo To Vote President Jonathan by ikaboy: 9:09pm On Mar 08, 2015
The same man that mocked the Igbos-"Fani-Kayode had in his article, entitled: “Neither a tribalist nor a hater,” published in the social media and some segments of the national dailies (not The Sun), claimed to have met with Bianca when she was Miss Bianca Onoh at the Cambridge College and had “intimate” relationship with her together with two other Igbo ladies".

Well, on behalf of the people of IKA CLAN (Ibo speaking part of Delta State); i hereby reiterate our unalloyed support and allegiance to BUHARI/OSIBANJO

SAI BABA! SAI OKOWA!!

9 Likes

Re: Fani-kayode Urges Ndigbo To Vote President Jonathan by saintikechi(m): 9:13pm On Mar 08, 2015
Vote wisely

Re: Fani-kayode Urges Ndigbo To Vote President Jonathan by SkyBlue1: 9:16pm On Mar 08, 2015
LordMecuzy:
What has he done for our Igbo nation.. Dredging Of River Niger and 2nd Niger Bridge always using it to deceive us..
Well 2015 I'm Voting for GMB I can't allow tribalism to keep me in the dark.
God Bless Imo State
Owerri My Home

@ Bolded. That is what I hope most Nigerians decide to do. Voting to continue this rubbish even when you can see it is bad for you is tantamount to cutting your nose to spite your face.

1 Like

Re: Fani-kayode Urges Ndigbo To Vote President Jonathan by theV0ice: 9:22pm On Mar 08, 2015
Actually the Yoruba are the new bride he's trying to woo

Almost relocating the seat of governance to SW in the past few weeks, spending dollars everywhere he goes, promising heaven and earth etc.

He's done with the Igbo so he no longer gives a damn.

GEJ the player grin

2 Likes

Re: Fani-kayode Urges Ndigbo To Vote President Jonathan by kestolove95(m): 9:22pm On Mar 08, 2015
Igbo's hmmmmmmn
Re: Fani-kayode Urges Ndigbo To Vote President Jonathan by egift(m): 9:25pm On Mar 08, 2015
NeverAgain will Ndigbo fall for that cheap propaganda of men under influence. What did we get from Jonathan after 5yrs in power?

- A non-existent 2nd Niger Bridge (all we have is an uncompleted road and a paper design).
- 25yrs toll gate on a Bridge that is a Federal Project (just because Jonathan wants to open an "office" on the head of Ndigbo).
- Appointments anyone can offer. In fact by Federal Character Ndigbo will get appoint in to the Federal Executive Council.
- The man who embarrassed Bianca Ojukwu is the same man Jonathan appoint to be his spokesman.
- Cosmetics on Enugu Airport and very few renovation.
- 5yrs of lips service.

Ndigbo are better off voting Buhari. Ndigbo do not play opposition politics, once Buhari is President he will get 100% support from Aligbo. FFK and Jonathan go home their time is up.

Things Must Change.

3 Likes

Re: Fani-kayode Urges Ndigbo To Vote President Jonathan by servantleader: 9:25pm On Mar 08, 2015
Fani kayode asking Igbos to vote for Jonathan?
lol

1 Like

Re: Fani-kayode Urges Ndigbo To Vote President Jonathan by doctokwus: 9:29pm On Mar 08, 2015
D Ibos have wizened up and now know that the GEJ's presidency is a scam against the Igbo nation.
FFK has buttressed this scam by lying that d GEJ govt has built federal universities in Abia and Imo states and has constructed the 2nd bridge. I wonder why they always go to IMO state to lie because its d same place patience went and lied that GEJ has built several general hospitals.

4 Likes

Re: Fani-kayode Urges Ndigbo To Vote President Jonathan by reborn1: 9:32pm On Mar 08, 2015
Neither a tribalist nor a hater

AUGUST 16, 2013 BY FEMI FANI-KAYODE
print

Since I wrote a series of essays about the relocation of a handful of Igbo beggars to Anambra State by the Lagos State Government and the reaction of my friend and brother Chief Orji Kalu to that relocation, there have been many reactions. Many have commended me and supported my position but some have not been so charitable. I have been called a ”tribalist”, a ”scallywag’, a person that ”ought to be in jail or a mental institution”, a ”hater of the Igbo”, ”an emerging Hitler”, an ”inciter of violence and hate” who ought to be ”called in by the authorities” and ”stopped from expressing his toxic and hateful submissions” and so on and so forth. All this simply because I wrote a series of essays about the history of those that hate to hear the bitter truth about their past.

I have even been accused by one particularly excitable and emotional commentator who really should know better of preparing the ground for the ”mass genocide of the Igbo” in a similar fashion to ”what happened in the north in the early ’60’s” and in a similar way ”to the events that led to the genocide that took place in Rwanda in the ’90’s”. Needless to say 99 per cent of these outrageous assertions have come from Igbo writers and commentators who are clearly in denial about their own past and who have lost all sense of restraint, reason and objectivity. I wholeheartedly reject these very serious yet unsubstantiated allegations and baseless claims and I challenge my accusers to quote one line from any of my articles where I have advocated for the slaughter or mass murder of the Igbo or anyone else. This is a clear case of trying to give a dog a bad name in order to hang it and I leave those that are indulging in this pernicious and deplorable exercise and attempt to smear my name to the Living God. Let Him judge between us.

What my detractors fail to appreciate is that we must know our history and learn to live with it. If we do so we can avoid making the same mistakes that we once made in the past but if we don’t and we pretend that certain events never happened, we run the terrible risk of history repeating itself. We fought a terrible civil war in this country for three years in which Nigerians killed Nigerians and we lost two million lives. This happened partly because some were of the view that it was not important to appreciate and understand our differences and to accept the realities of our past — that Nigeria is a country that is made up of numerous nationalities each with its own culture, history, faith, worldview and heritage and that we must manage those differences very carefully.

It is because some of us love Nigeria and want her to remain together that we keep emphasising this profound and incontrovertible truism. You cannot force people to remain together and compel them to shed their primary constituency on the altar of a fully integrated Nigeria. I am a Yoruba man before being a Nigerian though both are important to me. Those that call me a tribalist are simply misguided. Perhaps, they do not know the meaning of the word or its true import. Those that know me well can confirm the fact that I am not a tribalist, a racist or a bigot and that I consider such sentiments as being unworthy of a man of class, good breeding and culture. I abhor hate and violence and I would be the last to incite others to hate their fellow Nigerians. I am however a firm believer in the propagation of truth and I appreciate the value and importance of history. Sadly many of our Igbo compatriots do not believe in that. For them, history consists of only one thing — how other Nigerians have always marginalised them and treated them badly.

If only they know their own history, where they are coming from, what they used to be, where they were 100 years ago and what their forefathers did to the rest of Nigeria over the last 80 years, they would know why they have always had such a hard time in this country. Sadly, because they don’t know any of these things, they cannot learn from them. And if they cannot learn from them, they will continue to make the same mistakes. That is why they can come to another man’s land and territory and call it their own and when we say ”no”, they tell us to shut up, call us tribalists and ask for our arrest.

I was not a tribalist when I wrote a tribute to Chief Emeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu after he died or when I condemned the ’60’s pogroms that took place in the north in which their people were slaughtered. I was not a tribalist when I wrote against my good friend, Senator Ahmed Sani Yerima, and child marriage in the north. I was not a tribalist when I wrote essays defending the rights of the Igbo and every other Nigerian nationality to exercise their right of self-determination and leave Nigeria if that is what they wanted to do. I was not a tribalist when I consistently wrote that Nigeria must have a Sovereign National Conference where the rights and obligations of all its various nationalities would be clearly defined and agreed upon. I was not a tribalist when I fought and spoke up for the establishment of true federalism in Nigeria. I was not a tribalist when I employed more Igbo people as a Presidential spokesman and a Minister of the Federal Republic than even my own Yoruba. I was not a tribalist when I wrote an essay extolling the virtues of Igbo women and telling the world about their sudden and meteoric rise and how far they had gone in the power circles of this country in the last 10 years. I was not a tribalist when I condemned the bombing of predominantly Igbo and Catholic churches and the killing of the Igbo and others by Boko Haram in the north over the last three years.

I was not a tribalist when I risked my life by consistently writing against Boko Haram and urging our President to do a better job at protecting the lives of all Nigerians even though I live in the north. I was not a tribalist when I wrote against political Sharia in 2001 and I participated in protracted and sometimes acrimonious debates with Islamic fundamentalists and Islamists. I was not a tribalist when I was in NADECO and when we fought against military rule in Nigeria. I was not a tribalist when I fought for a President from the South-South or the South-East. I was not a tribalist when I wrote in defence of the igbo when it came to the abandoned property issue. I was not a tribalist when I wrote about the excesses of the Federal troops during the civil war. I was not a tribalist when I commended Chief Nnamdi Azikiwe and the virtues of the NCNC in Nigerian history. I was not a tribalist when I wrote that it was unfair and wrong for the Federal Government to leave the Igbo with only 20 pounds each after the civil war. I was not a tribalist when many years ago, I attended and gave my life to Christ in a church called TREM which was established by a great Nigerian of Igbo extraction by the name of Bishop Mike Okonkwo. I could go on and on.

Yet, now I am a tribalist because I spoke the truth about our history and who the Yoruba are.

These people have very short memories and anyone that does not agree with them all the time or that says one word against them at any point in time is labelled a tribalist for life. They called Chief Obafemi Awolowo a tribalist, an Igbo-hater, a genocidal maniac and a child-killer, simply because the man refused to join sides with them in the civil war; yet, they forgot that on one of the occasions that Awolowo ran for the Presidency, his running mate was from the East and not from the North. They called Chief Festus Okotie-Eboh, Chief S.L. Akintola and Sir Ahmadu Bello Igbo-haters and tribalists simply because they saw through the Igbo agenda at a very early stage in our history and sadly they marked and killed them all for it. They called Gen. Yakubu Gowon a genocidal maniac, a child-killer, an Igbo-hater and a tribalist simply because he opposed Biafra, stood up to Ojukwu and insisted on keeping Nigeria together and even though he declared that there was ”no victor and no vanquished” at the end of the war.

[b]They have labelled the Yoruba as tribalists and Igbo-haters simply because we have refused to accept their claims to our land and territory and even though we were more charitable, hospitable, accommodating and generous to them than any other nationality in Nigeria after the civil war. The Yoruba, particularly, have been very kind and gentle with them. That is the problem. They see our liberal and accommodating nature as stupidity and weakness. That is why they always call the Yoruba cowards forgetting that the history of the Yoruba proves otherwise. It is now time to tell the truth. If speaking these bitter home truths and yearning and fighting for a better Nigeria where life would be better for all makes me a tribalist, then it is a toga that I will be happy to wear. I will not sit by quietly and allow my people, the Yoruba people of South-Western Nigeria, to be rubbished, insulted and cheated by anyone no matter how aggressive and given to extremities that anyone may be. I make and offer no apology for any of my views. My numerous assertions stand and they will stand till the end of time.[/b]

-Fani-Kayode is a former Minister of Aviation.

Hhehehehehe. This same man is now Chairman of GEJ campaign, while Peter Obi (former chairman of APGA) is now a regional campaign man for GEJ. I love GEJ cheesy cheesy cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Fani-kayode Urges Ndigbo To Vote President Jonathan by Nobody: 9:40pm On Mar 08, 2015
Very wrong salesman.

2 Likes

Re: Fani-kayode Urges Ndigbo To Vote President Jonathan by Deltagiant: 9:53pm On Mar 08, 2015
Femi, even the Igbo in the most remotest part of Igboland is more informed about GEJ than you.
Re: Fani-kayode Urges Ndigbo To Vote President Jonathan by Adegbodolu1: 10:02pm On Mar 08, 2015
Fani-Kayode giving Igbo voting lessons?

See wetin bitterness dey do person and a whole community?

Fani_Kayode tell dem make dem vote that Ijaw man sharp sharp
Re: Fani-kayode Urges Ndigbo To Vote President Jonathan by bokohalal(m): 10:05pm On Mar 08, 2015
After GMB the next president of Nigeria will be Rochas Okorocha. No contest. The earlier GEJ gets out of the way ,the easier for the Southeast to realize their aspiration of the country's presidency for the Igbos. Goodluck Jonathan's ambitious ruination of Nigeria is pushing them further back.

1 Like

Re: Fani-kayode Urges Ndigbo To Vote President Jonathan by gen2briz(m): 10:06pm On Mar 08, 2015
Why urging Sebi he talk say nay GEJ go win.
Re: Fani-kayode Urges Ndigbo To Vote President Jonathan by Zonacom(m): 10:10pm On Mar 08, 2015
Please apart from the new federal university in Ebonyi state, which othet federal university was built in the south east of recent?. Please i need to know cos PEJ made same assertion while at owerri.
Re: Fani-kayode Urges Ndigbo To Vote President Jonathan by alaoeri: 10:16pm On Mar 08, 2015
I thought FFK once boost that the election is done & dusted for GEJ then why begging the electorates? Time is running out for PDP 3more weeks to go, CHANGE is what we want.
Re: Fani-kayode Urges Ndigbo To Vote President Jonathan by Ojiofor: 10:19pm On Mar 08, 2015
Somebody should tell that junkie to take his gej campaign to yoruba land where it's highly needed not in igbo land.
Re: Fani-kayode Urges Ndigbo To Vote President Jonathan by danot1030: 10:22pm On Mar 08, 2015
So he can have free ticket to screw more igbo women and tell the world how they scream on bed and also to add to his record of Bianca.
Re: Fani-kayode Urges Ndigbo To Vote President Jonathan by Ojiofor: 10:28pm On Mar 08, 2015
danot1030:
So he can have free ticket to screw more igbo women and tell the world how they scream on bed and also to add to his record of Bianca.
Let him take his campaign to yoruba land so he can tell the world how badly thie.fnubu's mouth stinks and how often lai mohammed changes pampers.
Re: Fani-kayode Urges Ndigbo To Vote President Jonathan by Nobody: 11:12pm On Mar 08, 2015
This man is wicked o after banging bianca like tomorrow no dey, you still wan bang igbo girls. Chai diaris Goduoo
Re: Fani-kayode Urges Ndigbo To Vote President Jonathan by gwales: 11:18pm On Mar 08, 2015
ffk is the biological father of two of bianca children

(1) (Reply)

Who Do You Think Will Easily Accept Defeat GOODLUCK OR BUHARI? / Where Is Oluwaseun Osewa / APC Members Shot Dead In Rivers State, Many Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.