Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,702 members, 7,809,667 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:48 PM

American Idol (2009) Tonight - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / American Idol (2009) Tonight (29338 Views)

American Idol 2008 / Millions Of Sparks Of Jubilation As Jordin Sparks Wins 2007 American Idol / American Idol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by mohawkchic(f): 2:08am On May 23, 2009
~You Got a Point there Beeswax . .There's Always room for The other idols!!

~Am looking forward to see what Genre Matt will eventually release an album on. .i hope its Jazz ~Soul

~I just hope Kris doesnt become another "Taylor Hicks" . . . grin Much as i loved Taylor's Twitches cheesy
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by Tatase(f): 4:41am On May 28, 2009
I like Kris but I felt that Adam should have won. The song was soooo stupid though. Poor Adam looked like he was dying a little inside as he sang that song. Frankly neither of them sang it well.

It was good to see everyone post-Idol on Larry King Friday and Monday. I sincerely think the everyone-getting-along thing is as fake as can be but it was still nice to get to know everyone a little better. Danny Gokey came off as much of an ass as ever. He's soooooooooooooo annoying, I know his type.
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by mohawkchic(f): 8:27pm On May 28, 2009
~They have to put up w/ each other,they still got the tour dates No? After that,they can all battle on their own . .It will be interesting to see who will have a No1 hit First!
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by KikiDixy(f): 12:21pm On May 31, 2009
Kris Allen = Taylor Hicks #2,LOL grin

I think Adam is fantatastic and I wish him the best in his career, he made season 8 a little exciting.So did Allison

That LKL interview was so one kind!!! Danny is seriously an ass, and I dont think the group really like each other much except Kris and Adam of course.That their friendhip is a bit too intense oh, all that hugging, serious bromance going on,LOL! tongue

Tour will be painful for some of them, as the headliners will be obviously Adam, Kris,Allison and Danny, while the rest will just be filler, I mean seriously, who can sit through an hour of Megan,Michael Sarver and Lil rounds cheesy, Torture!

Once tour is over, I wonder what sort of albums they'll put out.Looking forward to seeing what crazeman Adam and crazewoman Allison will do, they're the only ones that are even remotely interesting.Kris is good, but very boring
and nondescript IMO
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by KikiDixy(f): 12:27pm On May 31, 2009
The finale show was great though! Apart from the usual nonsese of awarding the bad singers etc, I loved most of the performances. Santana with the Top13, Adam with Kiss and Queen with the top 2.

I didnt know comedian Steve Martin was a singer too shocked, and plays the banjo.That was rubbish, but comical to watch grin
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by selencious(f): 4:50pm On Jan 16, 2010
I really miss Paula; her presence was felt, American Idol is going down the drain soon. As soon as Simeon leaves next year to start his own show-X Factor;better than American Idol, American Idol would go down the drain. Besides, I wanna see how Ellen Degeneres,the new judge would judge the singers;she know nothing about music. She is better off on her talk show. sad sad Im talking about 2010; I ain know if you guys are still on 2009.
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by KennyG6(m): 2:33pm On Jan 17, 2010
selencious:

I really miss Paula; her presence was felt, American Idol is going down the drain soon. As soon as Simeon leaves next year to start his own show-X Factor;better than American Idol, American Idol would go down the drain. Besides, I wanna see how Ellen Degeneres,the new judge would judge the singers;she know nothing about music. She is better off on her talk show. sad sad Im talking about 2010; I ain know if you guys are still on 2009.
paula was getting too big for her shoes jare, i wont miss her, but i have to say the 1st 2 "guest" judges Posh spice and Mary J blige have been nothing but dour, plain boring! Still my fav Kara diGuardi is still there,
I watched the auditions in Boston and Atlanta and the naija guy was so so dull
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by thameamead(f): 12:49pm On Jan 30, 2010
did u guys c the nigerian guy with his family, wow, it was funny, as for posh, she was a disaster, she can't even sing so how can she judge a singing competition, i prefer american idol to x-factoe, cos we they have better singers and weird singers,
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by thameamead(f): 12:49pm On Jan 30, 2010
did u guys c the nigerian guy with his family, wow, it was funny, as for posh, she was a disaster, she can't even sing so how can she judge a singing competition, i prefer american idol to x-factoe, cos we they have  better singers and weird singers,
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by ScreenDiva: 12:45pm On Feb 02, 2010
Please where are you guys watching this show because i cannot seem to watch on my DSTV even after subscribing for PREMIUM channels or is it on Hitv because if it is, i give up.
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by KennyG6(m): 2:24pm On Feb 02, 2010
ScreenDiva:

Please where are you guys watching this show because i cannot seem to watch on my DSTV even after subscribing for PREMIUM channels or is it on Hitv because if it is, i give up.
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by KennyG6(m): 3:32pm On Feb 25, 2010
So far its been crap,
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by peachie(f): 12:40pm On Apr 04, 2010
angry I'm disliking Ryan Seacrest more and more! Whats wrong with the guy? angry

And yh this yr's been just ok, No Brilliant performance so far.
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by peachie(f): 12:42pm On Apr 04, 2010
Did anyone catch ushers performance?
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by KennyG6(m): 3:05pm On Apr 04, 2010
peachie:

angry I'm disliking Ryan Seacrest more and more! Whats wrong with the guy? angry
i like ryan grin embarassed embarassed but ya he's taking his pranks a bit too far this season, maybe he's trying to wind up mr cowell
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by iice(f): 3:21pm On Apr 04, 2010
peachie:

Never liked him. Only person i've always liked is Simon grin Despised Paula with a passion. Was ecstatic when they bounced her wobbly nonsensical speech-ass away cheesy
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by peachie(f): 7:39pm On Apr 04, 2010
^^^^^^ shocked steady on! but sha I enjoyed her incoherent ramblings lol.
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by iice(f): 4:53am On Apr 05, 2010
lol! That's what i hated most. Like she had a hard time stringing two words together. Yeesh
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by naijagal(f): 3:11pm On Apr 05, 2010
dis yrs AI is just rubbish compared to last year   tonguetongue
I luv ellen but wat is she doing as a judge on a singing competition? Wat I also couldn't believe was dat they made miley a mentor
they need to get to d drawing board to see how they can get dis show to season 10 cos at dis rate dis could b d final season
Only crystal, siobahn, aaron & big mike keep me watching
d hopefuls like todrick & lacey and wierd guy jermain left early leaving tim urban and casey in d top ten!
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by iice(f): 3:12pm On Apr 05, 2010
Only person i like is Lee cool May the rocker win cheesy
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by KennyG6(m): 3:13pm On Apr 05, 2010
elen is boring jare, she needs to be ruthless and stop patronising, I agree this year's has been dire, only crystal and maybe mike stand out and how that Tim keeps getting through i would never know
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by KennyG6(m): 3:15pm On Apr 05, 2010
i missed out lee DeWyze he is cool
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by naijagal(f): 3:44pm On Apr 05, 2010
lee is good but my problem is he always looks like he cant wait for d song to end and he still doesnt look comfortable on stage even now! Hope he gets it together cos he has a cool rock voice but hardly any stage presence

one contestant i always feel sorry for is andrew, d guy has a great voice but d judges have given him so much negative feedback dat it looks like he is just doing anything he likes and hoping for d best. Wat a shame though cos d guy has talent
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by iice(f): 3:46pm On Apr 05, 2010
Lee's performance for the RnB night was off the chain.
I'd definitely download buy that single cheesy
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by KennyG6(m): 3:47pm On Apr 05, 2010
naijagal:

lee is good but my problem is he always looks like he cant wait for d song to end and he still doesnt look comfortable on stage even now! Hope he gets it together cos he has a cool rock voice but hardly any stage presence

one contestant i always feel sorry for is andrew, d guy has a great voice but d judges have given him so much negative feedback dat it looks like he is just doing anything he likes and hoping for d best. Wat a shame though cos d guy has talent
i liked andy when he did the paula song, but since then he's been poor and deserves all the criticism in my opinion
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by KennyG6(m): 3:48pm On Apr 05, 2010
and when is that screamer siobhan going to get booted off the show her screaming is very annoyingangry angry
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by thameamead(f): 12:09pm On Apr 08, 2010
naijagal:

dis yrs AI is just rubbish compared to last year tonguetongue
I luv ellen but wat is she doing as a judge on a singing competition? Wat I also couldn't believe was dat they made miley a mentor
they need to get to d drawing board to see how they can get dis show to season 10 cos at dis rate dis could b d final season
Only crystal, siobahn, aaron & big mike keep me watching
d hopefuls like todrick & lacey and wierd guy jermain left early leaving tim urban and casey in d top ten!

miley is a joke, she can't sing, she's just like britney spears, jessica simpson and her sister - whatever happened to the simpson's sisters. They need to get singers as mentors not wannabe and fame obessessed dummies that mime their way thr.
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by thameamead(f): 12:16pm On Apr 08, 2010
Kenny_G:

i like ryan grin embarassed embarassed but ya he's taking his pranks a bit too far this season, maybe he's trying to wind up mr cowell

am no fan of ryan either, neither do i like simon, its all about linning the pockets of the judges and presenters while exploiting the contestants, am waiting impatiently for the day the contestants will be paid at least 10% of the wages of the judges, presenters and of course simon fuller, there is too much greed and exploitation in this world.
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by peachie(f): 12:27pm On Apr 08, 2010
Thats showbiz baby. cry

This wd be simon's last series, hopefully he'd dissappear and never be seen or heard again.

But we know that wont happen. He'd probably show up as a judge on some other money making circus show! Kerching!!!!$$$$$ £££££££££ angry angry
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by KennyG6(m): 4:34pm On Apr 08, 2010
thameamead:

am no fan of ryan either, neither do i like simon, its all about linning the pockets of the judges and presenters while exploiting the contestants, am waiting impatiently for the day the contestants will be paid at least 10% of the wages of the judges, presenters and of course simon fuller, there is too much greed and exploitation in this world.
peachie:

Thats showbiz baby. cry
This wd be simon's last series, hopefully he'd dissappear and never be seen or heard again.
But we know that wont happen. He'd probably show up as a judge on some other money making circus show! Kerching!!!!$$$$$ £££££££££ angry angry
That's capitalism for you jare, and I dont see anything wrong in what cowell is doing afterall he is giving these contestants the platform to showcase their talent to the wider audience. Before the show how many people knew about them?
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by Gamine(f): 7:41pm On Apr 17, 2010
The only people i'm rooting for are Crystal and Casey.
I like Siobhan, but she needs to take it easy.

Im hoping this would be the last season, cause this show don run its course.
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by tubabie(f): 7:47pm On Apr 17, 2010
I'm rooting for Casey sexy, Crystal and Big Mike.
Can someone tell me what Tim is still doing on the show? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Roots (Kunta Kinte) On DVD? / Profile Of Amaka, BBNaija Season 7 Housemate / Photos From Big Brother Naija Saturday Night Party (Week 9)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.