Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,377 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting - Jobs/Vacancies (109) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting (444753 Views)

Stanbic IBTC Bank Graduate Private Bankers Recruitment 2017 (Nationwide) / Stanbic Ibtc is Recruiting Graduate Trainees / New Opening: Stanbic IBTC Is Now Also Recruiting Entry Level Enquiry Officers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) ... (130) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting by OversightTM(m): 1:19am On Mar 19, 2016
Can someone please clarify this for me:

I applied for a graduate trainee position with Stanbic but the interview invite shows 'Client Service Officer'. Is it Stanbic's norm to choose job roles for candidates?
Re: Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting by hardeyswaggz: 1:26pm On Mar 19, 2016
better grab it so ur recruitment can be fast, i wish i had your opportunity. you are a graduate trainee, they choose where you fit in plus now thats where they need people
OversightTM:

I applied for a graduate trainee position with Stanbic but the interview invite shows 'Client Service Officer'. Is it Stanbic's norm to choose job roles for candidates?
Re: Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting by OversightTM(m): 8:22pm On Mar 19, 2016
hardeyswaggz:
better grab it so ur recruitment can be fast, i wish i had your opportunity. you are a graduate trainee, they choose where you fit in plus now thats where they need people
Of course I'm grabbing the opportunity. I just needed some form of clarity, that's all.
Thanks a lot.
Re: Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting by Mannylex(m): 10:01pm On Mar 19, 2016
OversightTM:

From what an HR person said, if you apply for Graduate Trainee and your role is streamlined to one of the Personal and Business Banking(PBB) role. Below could be one of the reason
You attended a private school not listed among those for the Graduate trainee path (only 3 private schools in Nigeria qualify for this.... From what he said)

You attended a state school

You are above 26 years.
Re: Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting by OversightTM(m): 10:20pm On Mar 19, 2016
Mannylex:

From what an HR person said, if you apply for Graduate Trainee and your role is streamlined to one of the Personal and Business Banking(PBB) role. Below could be one of the reason
You attended a private school not listed among those for the Graduate trainee path (only 3 private schools in Nigeria qualify for this.... From what he said)

You attended a state school

You are above 26 years.
All you've said do not apply to me in anyway.
I'm below 26 and I attended a Federal school.
And is the client officer role related to PPB?
Re: Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting by Mannylex(m): 10:38pm On Mar 19, 2016
OversightTM:

All you've said do not apply to me in anyway.
I'm below 26 and I attended a Federal school.
And is the client officer role related to PPB?

Yes, PBB handles the client service officer role. There could have been a mix up though. There were several cases like that too.
Re: Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting by TplenT(m): 9:50am On Mar 20, 2016
[quote author=Mannylex post=43928369]

Yes, PBB handles the client service officer role. There could have been a mix up though. There were several cases like that too.

Boss,I applied for the Asset custodian role.passed the SHL since mid December but up till now not invited for d chat/interview.

What d'you think could be d cause ? or is there an age limit for the role ?
Re: Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting by Mannylex(m): 11:43am On Mar 20, 2016
[quote author=TplenT post=43936395][/quote]

Bro, if you haven't gotten any form of regret mail, you will still be considered. Stanbic recruitment takes a while...

You can do a mail to them via the mail you got the test invite then copy your HRBP in the mail. You'll get a response from them, though might not be immediate.
Re: Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting by SSpeter(m): 1:21pm On Mar 20, 2016
Mannylex:

I have done medicals for the Client service officer. Please how much is the pay for this position? Or just give me a range. How is the allowances for this position and job condition...pls I will appreciate any info. thanks
Re: Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting by OversightTM(m): 2:16pm On Mar 20, 2016
Mannylex:

Do you know if the client service officer role is an 'experienced hire' position?
I'm beginning to also sense a mix up kind of...
Re: Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting by OversightTM(m): 2:31pm On Mar 20, 2016
SSpeter:
I have done medicals for the Client service officer. Please how much is the pay for this position? Or just give me a range. How is the allowances for this position and job condition...pls I will appreciate any info. thanks
Bro, is the client service officer role an entry level one?
Did the interviewers bother you about experience in the job role when you went for your interview?
And please, how long has it been since you began the recruitment process with Stanbic?
Re: Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting by Mannylex(m): 3:17pm On Mar 20, 2016
OversightTM:

Do you know if the client service officer role is an 'experienced hire' position?
I'm beginning to also sense a mix up kind of...

It's a 0-2 years experience role... So you are still fine.

The downside to not going through the Graduate Trainee path is that as a fresh graduate you will be put on a BTA1 or BTA2 grade (infact most likely BTA1 since you have no experience) instead of ABO grade.... So it's a case of working extra before attaining the ABO grade.

Also via the graduate trainee path you can end up in either of the sister firms like Stanbic IBTC pensions, but in this case you are strictly employed for the bank.

1 Like

Re: Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting by Mannylex(m): 3:19pm On Mar 20, 2016
SSpeter:

Bro I can't possibly divulge such info.

By the way any Nairalander having induction with me tomorrow? Or am I the only one
Re: Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting by SSpeter(m): 3:35pm On Mar 20, 2016
OversightTM:

Bro, is the client service officer role an entry level one?
Did the interviewers bother you about experience in the job role when you went for your interview?
And please, how long has it been since you began the recruitment process with Stanbic?
It was just a simple interview. Tell about yourself and few questions from ur cv. The interview is short. After interview, I got medicals and documentation invite next day. It all happened this month
Re: Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting by SSpeter(m): 3:37pm On Mar 20, 2016
Mannylex:

By the way any Nairalander having induction with me tomorrow? Or am I the only one
What is the difference between the BTA and ABO grade? Can one start and cross over to a more better grade?...
Re: Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting by OversightTM(m): 3:49pm On Mar 20, 2016
SSpeter:
It was just a simple interview. Tell about yourself and few questions from ur cv. The interview is short. After interview, I got medicals and documentation invite next day. It all happened this month
Whoa, you did the shl assessment this month too? Thanks anyway.

1 Like

Re: Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting by OversightTM(m): 3:54pm On Mar 20, 2016
Mannylex:

Are you to be inducted as a graduate trainee?
Re: Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting by Mannylex(m): 4:21pm On Mar 20, 2016
SSpeter:
What is the difference between the BTA and ABO grade? Can one start and cross over to a more better grade?...

Of course , when you are promoted .

Here it is:
BTA1
BTA2
ABO1
ABO2
BO
SBO
DM
AM
Manager
SM ... And so on.
Re: Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting by lantessy(m): 4:51pm On Mar 20, 2016
Bankers smiley. Please Mannylex, from what grade would graduate trainee start? If it's from BTA1, any reason why the renumeration is different from those that didn't do graduate trainee ? How many years will it take someone in BTA1 position to get promoted?
Thanks in advance for your response
Re: Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting by lizzyt92: 7:56pm On Mar 20, 2016
Mannylex:

No, u are not the only one.
Am also having induction tomorrow.
Re: Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting by Nobody: 12:30pm On Mar 21, 2016
Mannylex:

Of course , when you are promoted .

Here it is:
BTA1
BTA2
ABO1
ABO2
BO
SBO
DM
AM
Manager
SM ... And so on.

What does BTA and ABO mean and how long does it take for one can be promoted to d next level? I was invited to interview for the role of Client service officer, my friend also but she didnt go for hers cos she feels d role is too small and there wont be any chance for career advancement. Is it really that bad or is she jst being proud?
Re: Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting by SSpeter(m): 12:44pm On Mar 21, 2016
kyrieEleisom:

What does BTA and ABO mean and how long does it take for one can be promoted to d next level? I was invited to interview for the role of Client service officer, my friend also but she didnt go for hers cos she feels d role is too small and there wont be any chance for career advancement. Is it really that bad or is she jst being proud?
Re: Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting by SSpeter(m): 12:44pm On Mar 21, 2016
kyrieEleisom:

...Well you can ask the interviewer. I did ask, and there is chance for career development. If your friend earns above 100k monthly she might not be proud...else lipsrsealed
Re: Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting by Mannylex(m): 1:47pm On Mar 21, 2016
kyrieEleisom:

BTA is Banking Transaction Assistant
ABO- assistant Banking Officer.

It depends on if your Friend is currently a Banker. If you have experience, you can negotiate your grade.

1 Like

Re: Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting by Kookny(m): 2:02pm On Mar 21, 2016
OversightTM:

Are you to be inducted as a graduate trainee?

Please, can you drop the HR email you used to apply here?

Or is chat via mail better? You may drop your mail, I'll contact you. Or better still, this's my mail: kookny86@gmail.com

cc: mannylex
Re: Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting by Egohunter: 4:14pm On Mar 21, 2016
Kookny:

Or is chat via mail better? You may drop your mail, I'll contact you. Or better still, this's my mail: kookny86@gmail.com

Re: Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting by megola: 6:58pm On Mar 21, 2016
Mannylex:

BTA is Banking Transaction Assistant
ABO- assistant Banking Officer.

It depends on if your Friend is currently a Banker with someone else. If you have experience, you can negotiate your grade.
hi...pls if you don't mind can't u specify wat their Job role is? I mean the BTA...and the ABO.
thanks
Re: Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting by OversightTM(m): 8:55pm On Mar 21, 2016
Kookny:

I didn't apply with any hr's mail. I applied directly to their career page when they advertised their graduate trainee recruitment exercise late last year.

1 Like

Re: Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting by Kookny(m): 12:21am On Mar 22, 2016
OversightTM:

I didn't apply with any hr's mail. I applied directly to their career page when they advertised their graduate trainee recruitment exercise late last year.

Okay thanks.

Maybe, I gotta wait till late this year too
Re: Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting by hardeyswaggz: 10:00am On Mar 22, 2016
OversightTM:

Of course I'm grabbing the opportunity. I just needed some form of clarity, that's all.
Thanks a lot.
well a CSO is an operations staff, they just got restructured this year, they were formerly called enquiry officers. they are very important to the bank at the moment cuz a restructuring is going on about them. they are mostly BTO 2. Dont really know much about new entries tho... more CSO's are needed at the moment throughout the bank just like the management has mandated, might probably have two each in a branch soon.
Re: Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting by Rhewtah21(f): 12:01pm On Mar 22, 2016
Hi peeps. For dose having induction on march 21 is dat da resumption date u guys picked cos i picked april 4th for resumption and a frnd said my induction wld most preferably be my resumption date. I juz want to knw

(1) (2) (3) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) ... (130) (Reply)

Kpmg Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 / Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! / Fidelity Bank Recruitment For Graduate Trainee 2017 (Bsc And HND Only)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.