Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,285 members, 7,853,351 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 03:05 PM

Goodluck Jonathan Steering Nigeria With A Steady Hand - Washington Times - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Jonathan Steering Nigeria With A Steady Hand - Washington Times (33348 Views)

Buhari Killed Awolowo -washington Times / Nigerians Disenchanted As New President ‘too Slow’ - THE WASHINGTON TIMES / Steering A Dangerous Course In Nigeria With A Steady Hand - (washington Times) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Steering Nigeria With A Steady Hand - Washington Times by hermesprogidy(m): 2:30pm On Mar 09, 2015
This person should stop insulting the Washington Times, it's clearly a dud write-up. Please go and do real research before defacing nairaland with this poo of a write up. Rubbish!!!! angry angry
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Steering Nigeria With A Steady Hand - Washington Times by Nobody: 2:31pm On Mar 09, 2015
The truth is that GEJ has done very well since assumption of office. Anybody that fails to see that fact is either totally ignorant or being mischievously biased.

How I wish we have more proactive leaders at states and local government levels to further drive home the various developmental strides of the Jonathan's administration. But what we have in some states are a bunch of incompetent people who can't think out of the box to create meaningful programs that can have direct impacts on the lives of the people they lead.

GEJ has done well and so deserves a second term. Let's reward those that perform well with our votes and reject those that fail. That way, our politicians will sit up.

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Steering Nigeria With A Steady Hand - Washington Times by hansad: 2:33pm On Mar 09, 2015
Kola4uniadgog:
always seem as they look in Nigeria.

What
would be correct is that the
president has actually done little to
publicize the many things he has
been doing.

Source:http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/mar/5/william-reed-goodluck-jonathan-steering-nigeria-wi/#ixzz3TkQJUpRm

That PDP has been doing nothing to publicize the many things the president has been doing - this is truth undiluted.

Reason for it is that many members of the ruling party from core north are working together to have power returned to born to rule.

Some people in the SW that controls much of the press are working for Buhari to become president with the hope that Buhari shall die soon for Osinbajo to take over Aso Rock,

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Steering Nigeria With A Steady Hand - Washington Times by wonlasewonimi: 2:33pm On Mar 09, 2015
Nctrice:
this is a true master piece, one that paints a picture of the president, his inherent intent, and the God factor that has always been there for Nigeria! That God factor that took him to Aso rock without any strong political backing is the same God factor that gave us our independent on a Plata of Gold in 1960!

So good it's coming from someone off the shores of Nigeria!

It's not God factor that took him to Aso rock, it's the stupidity of the voters.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Steering Nigeria With A Steady Hand - Washington Times by Ilekeh(f): 2:34pm On Mar 09, 2015
Now this is what I call journalism, unlike the crap grade school articles from kulikuli Nigerian journalists.

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Steering Nigeria With A Steady Hand - Washington Times by Kingspin(m): 2:35pm On Mar 09, 2015
It will be hot for Nigeria as we face anothe religion and tribal voting process.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Steering Nigeria With A Steady Hand - Washington Times by sniperr007(m): 2:36pm On Mar 09, 2015
Funny a US article says something nice abt gej. Well der opinions dont matter. Dey shud talk about der own weak president dat Israel PM bypass in his country. Ie dey shud clean der shit
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Steering Nigeria With A Steady Hand - Washington Times by ahaika23: 2:37pm On Mar 09, 2015
Misogynist2014:
The fertilizer stuff is due to the efforts of Akinwumi Adesina, not the clueless 'president'.
mumu.

3 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Steering Nigeria With A Steady Hand - Washington Times by wonlasewonimi: 2:37pm On Mar 09, 2015
IsaAbubakar:

buhari will die amin

Everybody is destined to die at some point...gbenu oshi e soun
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Steering Nigeria With A Steady Hand - Washington Times by Ilekeh(f): 2:39pm On Mar 09, 2015
Nicely written paper. Altouch I disagree with many of his points.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Steering Nigeria With A Steady Hand - Washington Times by Kingspin(m): 2:39pm On Mar 09, 2015
Ashleyma77:
nice writeup.wonder what u will wrire come may29th when the new president is sworn in.

#march4buhari
#marchdownbuhari, let APC tell us their direction of change.

3 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Steering Nigeria With A Steady Hand - Washington Times by Whynotthetruth(m): 2:40pm On Mar 09, 2015
PassingShot:

@ the bold, may be, may be not.

What is however certain is that GEJ's administration has had the privilege of being the regime with highest earnings from crude oil sale. Unfortunately, his still remains the most corrupt and the most wasteful regime.

Let's compare:

Average oil price per barrel under OBJ was $38, GEJ's was $100

GDP grew under OBJ to 7% from 2%, under GEJ it has slid to 5.3%

Exchange rate was 115 NGN to 1$ under GEJ, it is now over 220 NGN to 1 dollar

External reserve was $43 billion as at 2007 under OBJ who paid over $12 billion in debt. Under GEJ it has dropped to about $30 billion with
debts increased to $40 billion.

So, who is fooling who?

GMB is the right man at this point in time.

Since you aren't sure; there's no need to argue with you...I don't speculate...when you are sure about facts on Jonathan (not telling me maybe or maybe not) then we can talk...For now; you are arguing blindly because you aren't sure...
Also remember to come back with the correct data from reputable organizations not APC oluwole data centre...thanks...

3 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Steering Nigeria With A Steady Hand - Washington Times by otemanuduno: 2:40pm On Mar 09, 2015
bondingman:

You're obviously ignorant of the e-wallet fertilizer distribution n IPPS

How much did they cost altogether? U can't spend 500 million naira of Nigerian money on development and pocket 150 billion, expecting wise Nigerian to re-elect you. undecided
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Steering Nigeria With A Steady Hand - Washington Times by Coldfeet(f): 2:41pm On Mar 09, 2015
bjdon:
This is neither a pro GEJ or pro GMB post, just a call for some reflection:

Our inferiority complex sometimes knows no bounds. I find it quite insulting when Nigerians seems to think that the opinions of foreigners somehow carries more weight than anything else. Why is this so? Who is this writer for the Washington Times? How do we know he's not been approached and 'settled'.

Please my people if you must vote for either GEJ or GMB, do it based on your OWN opinion based on YOUR judgement of what's going on in the country and which man YOU think is better placed to move the country forward. NEVER let your opinion be swayed by the foriegn media, for the one thing you can be sure of is that, deep down they only have their own nations and paymasters interest at heart, never YOUR own.
Whether he was approached and settled or not! Was anything the writer wrote a lie? If you found any please highlight. Leave the messenger and address the message.

meanwhile....

I stand with Gej
i invite you to join me cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Steering Nigeria With A Steady Hand - Washington Times by PassingShot(m): 2:42pm On Mar 09, 2015
Kola4uniadgog:

there is sth called the time value of money. 100 naira in 2004 is not the same as 100 naira now. So 38 dollars might be as valuable as 100-140 dollars in 2015.
When I was in primary school. I was given 5 naira to school everyday. And out of it, I buy 3 naira rice and 2 naira meat. That same meal would cost about 100 naira now or more.

So if at some point, crude oil was 38 dollars and later 140 dollars. It might equate to more money in the real sense of it. How much was tha average salary paid by goverment in 2004 when oil was 38 dollars and how much is the average salary now. How much did it cost to do a road then and how much does it cost now. We have to take all this into cognizance.

And what were the achievements of obj after six year in power?

Listen my friend, the time value of money is not only obtainable in Nigeria. It is everywhere and affects everything.

The main problem with Nigeria is our inability to manage our earnings and put our resources to judicious use.

To understand me better, check by what percentages price of commodities in well managed economies have changed in the last 5 to 10 years and you will realize that not by much. I can do a bit of research on this for you but I don't think it's worth my time now.

For instance, in the country where I reside now, a can of Coke has been selling for about 70 NGN for the past 5 years and it's the same with 80 to 90% of all other commodities.

PDP's failure is GEJ's failure and GEJ's failure cannot be separated from PDP's.

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Steering Nigeria With A Steady Hand - Washington Times by PassingShot(m): 2:44pm On Mar 09, 2015
Coldfeet:
Whether he was approached and settled or not! Was anything the writer wrote a lie? If you found any please highlight. Leave the messenger and address the message.

meanwhile....

I stand with Gej
i invite you to join me cool

A lot is wrong with the article. The writer conveniently avoided so many vital aspects of the economy.

You may check my earlier posts on this topic.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Steering Nigeria With A Steady Hand - Washington Times by otemanuduno: 2:44pm On Mar 09, 2015
hansad:

That PDP has been doing nothing to publicize the many things the president has been doing - this is truth undiluted.

Reason for it is that core north is working together to have power returned to born to rule.

Some people in the SW that controls much of the press is working for Buhari to become president with the hope that Buhari shall die soon for Osinbajo to take over Aso Rock,

Shallow thinking

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Steering Nigeria With A Steady Hand - Washington Times by kday(m): 2:45pm On Mar 09, 2015
This is definitely an hatchet job by PDP. The wordings could have easily originated from Asov. Rock. No foreign journalist would use such languages to vilify the opposition and at the same time exonerate GEJ even when it comes to the Chibok saga. Its sad how desperate this people are getting. Its either the writer has been well compensated or the article was submitted by the presidency under a pseudo. Foreign papers do not write as such, believe me. This too shall be exposed.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Steering Nigeria With A Steady Hand - Washington Times by Whynotthetruth(m): 2:45pm On Mar 09, 2015
Misogynist2014:
The fertilizer stuff is due to the efforts of Akinwumi Adesina, not the clueless 'president'.

And the insurgency is because of Jonathan You don't want him not because he's not doing well but because of hatred for reasons best known to you...pele

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Steering Nigeria With A Steady Hand - Washington Times by anwo247: 2:45pm On Mar 09, 2015
GEJ till 2019

3 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Steering Nigeria With A Steady Hand - Washington Times by Redoil: 2:47pm On Mar 09, 2015
olas24u:

PDP ruled for 16 years and they are not evil?oloshi
you this boy and ur oloriburuku lifestyle

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Steering Nigeria With A Steady Hand - Washington Times by PassingShot(m): 2:49pm On Mar 09, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Since you aren't sure; there's no need to argue with you...I don't speculate...when you are sure about facts on Jonathan (not telling me maybe or maybe not) then we can talk...For now; you are arguing blindly because you aren't sure...
Also remember to come back with the correct data from reputable organizations not APC oluwole data centre...thanks...

It is clear you're bereft of ideas. I said "maybe" to a statement you made concerning "effort made" and you're already sweating. Mind you it was not "result achieved". Please learn to understand your own post before submitting same.

I went ahead to give you stats from National Bureau of Statistics and you want another set of data. From where please?

Well, the best of you, AyeDee was equally taken to the cleaners yesterday. So, no surprises with you.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Steering Nigeria With A Steady Hand - Washington Times by hansad: 2:49pm On Mar 09, 2015
Kola4uniadgog:

Mr. Jonathan’s civilized approach to
tackling issues is built around the
need to ensure social justice, equity
and the rule of law. This should,
ordinarily, be worthy of global
acknowledgment and
commendation. But the concerted
noise from the opposition camp
and the penchant of some
international observers to rush to
judgment without taking full
account of peculiarities of an
environment are a bit deafening
and blinding to the reality on
ground.

• William Reed is president of the
Black Press Foundation.

Source:http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/mar/5/william-reed-goodluck-jonathan-steering-nigeria-wi/#ixzz3TkQJUpRm

This author is a black - no wonder.

[b]Only a black Westerner can understand that Oyibo is struggling to have a puppet president in Nigeria for Oyibo's economic interest - a president Oyibo shall ask to sign, and he signs without looking at the heading. And semi-literate Buhari fits that type of person Oyibo is looking for in Nigeria to become next president, to put Nigerians into more poverty.

A black Westerner may easily understand that Oyibo may also be looking for a quasi dictator that shall haul any Nigerian to prison without trial, execute Nigerians with retroactive laws, provoke inter religious wars among the different religious faiths and sects in Nigeria, and in the process set the stage for internal strife in Nigeria, so that Nigerians shall be buying Oyibo guns to fight ourselves -Buhari fits the type of dictator they are looking for in Nigeria.

What Oyibo spent millions of Dollars and its soldiers fighting to get in other mineral-rich countries in the world, it may want to get it in Nigeria without spending money and soldiers through a Buhari as president of Nigeria [/b]

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Steering Nigeria With A Steady Hand - Washington Times by Truckpusher(m): 2:50pm On Mar 09, 2015
Redoil:
Never again should we fall into the hands of evil cabals been controlle by tinubu and his evil minions from the sea/hell
Nigerians shine ur eyes ur destiny is in ur hand APC and their evil minions are the biggest problem we are having and facing if we make any mistake with these people then and then you are on ur own.
Last warning
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Steering Nigeria With A Steady Hand - Washington Times by firetrap(m): 2:50pm On Mar 09, 2015
This article maybe a paid or sponsored one but it's just outlined everything that I believe in about the Jonathan administration. I'd rather corruption is fought from its grassroots than we hear sensational cases that never amount to nothing, I'd rather the loopholes in government are plugged than see the police or efcc parade a "suspect"

Nigerians are in too much of a hurry to have change that they do not see that the change has already started. Gej has laid the groundwork for progress in this country and he has my vote cos of that.

I want APC loyalist to answer me just one question.

1. why is it that 90% of the big wigs in your party were once member of the pdp who were staunch supporter of the president until they had a falling out?

4 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Steering Nigeria With A Steady Hand - Washington Times by olas24u(f): 2:51pm On Mar 09, 2015
[quote author=Redoil post=31454807]you this boy and ur oloriburuku lifestyle[/q

The people choice should matter !
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Steering Nigeria With A Steady Hand - Washington Times by Eluwilussit(m): 2:53pm On Mar 09, 2015
mekaboy:

Sometimes in a football match, people outside the pitch see better than the players in the field. That is why the referee most times gets instructions from the one outside the pitch with a clearer view.

Most times our understanding of things in Nigeria are not clear and influenced by people who might be pro or anti govt..

Someone who is a ghost worker and has been fished out by the biometric excercise will say the govt is bad.

Those who have been benefiting from fuel subsidy scam, would make the masses believe the govt hates them when they tried to remove it.

Like the issue of bokoharam, when it started elders in the north including buhari made the northerners believe the govt was against them while bokoharam was their friend. This led to northerners accommodating the sect members and withholding information.

In the case of unemployment , there has always been a shortage of employment and the govt will never have enough employment opportunities for all the unemployed youths. But the policies of govt encourages investors which in turn creates more jobs.

The rails are back but we dont see it as employment, neither do we see you win etc as employment.

As dangote, innoson motors aand other firms increase in their capacity due to govt support and patronage this also creates employment.

What about the single digit sme loans made available . When u wear red glasses, everything will be red to u. The enemies of this administration have succeeded in puting on red glasses in the eyes of most Nigerian youths.

Some are even inside the trains traveling from one location to the other and causing goodluck online.

Some are even buying food at the same price despite the fall in oil price but still insullt the president online.

God bless you real good!

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Steering Nigeria With A Steady Hand - Washington Times by Coldfeet(f): 2:55pm On Mar 09, 2015
PassingShot:

A lot is wrong with the article. The writer conveniently avoided so many vital aspects of the economy.

You may check my earlier posts on this topic.
The ones you said he avoided is another issue all together you may mention them if you care, but based on this article was there any fallacy there?

3 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Steering Nigeria With A Steady Hand - Washington Times by Nobody: 2:57pm On Mar 09, 2015
PassingShot:

Listen my friend, the time value of money is not only obtainable in Nigeria. It is everywhere and affects everything.

The main problem with Nigeria is our inability to manage our earnings and put our resources to judicious use.

To understand me better, check by what percentages price of commodities in well managed economies have changed in the last 5 to 10 years and you will realize that not by much. I can do a bit of research on this for you but I don't think it's worth my time now.

For instance, in the country where I reside now, a can of Coke has been selling for about 70 NGN for the past 5 years and it's the same with 80 to 90% of all other commodities.

PDP's failure is GEJ's failure and GEJ's failure cannot be separated from PDP's.

List obj's achievements after 8 years in power?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tribunal Orders Service Of Atiku’s Petition On Buhari / Atiku Shocked By Nigeria’s Debt Profile, Says Nation In Financial Crisis / Many Injured As Police Clash With Shiites In Abuja (photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.