Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,231 members, 7,853,196 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 12:23 PM

Goodluck Jonathan Steering Nigeria With A Steady Hand - Washington Times - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Jonathan Steering Nigeria With A Steady Hand - Washington Times (33345 Views)

Buhari Killed Awolowo -washington Times / Nigerians Disenchanted As New President ‘too Slow’ - THE WASHINGTON TIMES / Steering A Dangerous Course In Nigeria With A Steady Hand - (washington Times) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Steering Nigeria With A Steady Hand - Washington Times by Eluwilussit(m): 2:59pm On Mar 09, 2015
pekeyim:
I personally think this report is a bit biased, tilting more to GEJs side,

Nonetheless some valid points were raised.

Like for instance Lagos state Governor Babatunde Fashola blaming GEJ for nt supporting the Lagos Rail project.

Forgetting it was Buhari that cancelled the initial one to the detriment of Lagosians.

Or same Fashola saying Jimi Agbaje is too old to rule, @ 57 years just for Lagos alone, 1 state but Buhari is not too old @ 73 years to rule 36 states + FCT.

The same Fashola that claimed he could count the number of white hairs when assumed office in 07, now is counting the number of black ones left.

Now wants us to hand over to someone that's counting the number of tooth left to handle 36 times what Fashola faced.

But some youths won't see this, because they've refused to think.

God bless Nigeria.

First, God needs to bless you. Everything you said is true. Those are some of the reasons I support GEJ. Buhari is not an option at all. APC is too hypocritical.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Steering Nigeria With A Steady Hand - Washington Times by PassingShot(m): 2:59pm On Mar 09, 2015
Coldfeet:
The ones you said he avoided is another issue all together you may mention them if you care, but based on this article was there any fallacy there?

So if a supposed neutral writer is writing an international article of this nature at this time, shouldn't he/she take into cognizance the myriads of issues (especially the economic issues) bedeviling the nation?

The writer is a good joker.

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Steering Nigeria With A Steady Hand - Washington Times by ExInferis(m): 2:59pm On Mar 09, 2015
Revolution:

Thank you. William Reed, who is a black American, writes like someone with business interests in Nigeria or connections to Jonathan, rather than a professional journalist. But the opinion of those feeling the pinch, Nigerians, is what matters most. I do sometimes like to refer to respected foreign media to show Jonathan is "incompetent" or "clumsy" because Jonathan himself, when it suits him, acts as if the foreign media know best.

There's no william reed here, nor does any black press foundation exists. This article is an opinion piece submitted by Reuben Abati with the nom de guerre william reed. It is not an endorsement of gej by the Washington times as the op wants us to believe.

One has to be blind to accept this as an editorial piece or unbiased. It reads like everything everyone in PDP has written about GEJ'S paper achievements while casting aspersions on the opposition.

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Steering Nigeria With A Steady Hand - Washington Times by Phonon: 3:02pm On Mar 09, 2015
Washington Times and not Washington Post. Only the Lord knows who paid for that article to be written.

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Steering Nigeria With A Steady Hand - Washington Times by Akpan107(m): 3:02pm On Mar 09, 2015
seunfly:
Hope this one is not sponsored by the opposition as usual?
what do you think is the meaning of 'opposition'?

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Steering Nigeria With A Steady Hand - Washington Times by hansad: 3:03pm On Mar 09, 2015
olas24u:
The people choice should matter !

Which people? Buhari's voters are made up of too many almajiris of the north. Almajiri cannot be allowed to determine the fate of Nigeria in this 21st century.

Goodluck Jonathan has been building hundreds of schools for the almajiris, but Buhari has been profiting every four years from almajiri votes; in fact, Tinubu begged Buhari to run this time because of Buhari's almajiri votes.

This time Buhari voters got swollen because insurgents intimidated Nigeria's voters to falsely believe that they are not secure under the Jonathan administration. But Buhari had on too many occasions expressed sympathy with Boko haram.

In other words, rigging of forthcoming election started long ago for Buhari to now profit from.

The other camp must not fall mugu and allow Buhari to get away with this fraud.

4 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Steering Nigeria With A Steady Hand - Washington Times by PassingShot(m): 3:05pm On Mar 09, 2015
Kola4uniadgog:

List obj's achievements after 8 years in power?

The discussion is not OBJ Vs GEJ. It is PDP/GEJ versus APC/GMB. GEJ/OBJ are two sides of a coin (PDP) and have all failed the nation as far as sincere Nigerians are concerned.

GEJ/PDP will have to RUN on their achievements and those are what we need to scrutinize; not anyone's else.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Steering Nigeria With A Steady Hand - Washington Times by Orikinla(m): 3:08pm On Mar 09, 2015
anwo247:
GEJ till 2019

[size=18pt]
GEJ is the laughing stock of U.S and UK.[/size] grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Steering Nigeria With A Steady Hand - Washington Times by olas24u(f): 3:09pm On Mar 09, 2015
hansad:

Which people? Buhari's voters are made up of too many almajiris of the north. Almajiri cannot be allowed to determine the fate of Nigeria in this 21st century.

Goodluck Jonathan has been building hundreds of schools for the almajiris, but Buhari has been profiting every four years from almajiri votes; in fact, Tinubu begged Buhari to run this time because of Buhari's almajiri votes.

This time Buhari voters got swollen because insurgents intimidated Nigeria's voters to falsely believe that they are not secure under the Jonathan administration. But Buhari had on too many occasions expressed sympathy with Boko haram.

In other words, rigging of forthcoming election started long ago for Buhari to now profit from.

The other camp must not fall mugu and allow Buhari to get away with this fraud.

performance of GEj would have been better than falsehood
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Steering Nigeria With A Steady Hand - Washington Times by shigoslim(m): 3:11pm On Mar 09, 2015
Even though if APC latter win the election GOD forbid, i don't see any magic happen.

I still stand on my believe that most supporting APC were doing mainly because of religion and ethnicity. And it's clearly shown in their party tactic............ Only those who can think and thick we know that APC is on mission which is clearly not clear to either me or you.

APC is a regional party not a unity party. The party is on regional mission to avenge on others regions.

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Steering Nigeria With A Steady Hand - Washington Times by firetrap(m): 3:11pm On Mar 09, 2015
PassingShot:

The discussion is not OBJ Vs GEJ. It is PDP/GEJ versus APC/GMB. GEJ/OBJ are two sides of a coin (PDP) and have all failed the nation as far as sincere Nigerians are concerned.

GEJ/PDP will have to RUN on their achievements and those are what we need to scrutinize; not anyone's else.

that means 90% of APC loyalist are also failures cos up until last year Amechi, Atiku and co were all members of the PDP

4 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Steering Nigeria With A Steady Hand - Washington Times by firetrap(m): 3:13pm On Mar 09, 2015
Orikinla:

[size=18pt]

If they laugh at him because he refused to bow to their every whim and Caprice then they should continue laughing cos the jokes on them (pun intended)

4 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Steering Nigeria With A Steady Hand - Washington Times by Whynotthetruth(m): 3:15pm On Mar 09, 2015
PassingShot:

It is clear you're bereft of ideas. I said "maybe" to a statement you made concerning "effort made" and you're already sweating. Mind you it was not "result achieved". Please learn to understand your own post before submitting same.

I went ahead to give you stats from National Bureau of Statistics and you want another set of data. From where please?

Well, the best of you, AyeDee was equally taken to the cleaners yesterday. So, no surprises with you.

My statement also vilified the 20months of buhari. Or you didn't see that? Which one isn't result achieved there? Kindly copy and paste the complete data from NBS then we can take it from there...

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Steering Nigeria With A Steady Hand - Washington Times by Kingspin(m): 3:17pm On Mar 09, 2015
mekaboy:

Sometimes in a football match, people outside the pitch see better than the players in the field. That is why the referee most times gets instructions from the one outside the pitch with a clearer view.

Most times our understanding of things in Nigeria are not clear and influenced by people who might be pro or anti govt..

Someone who is a ghost worker and has been fished out by the biometric excercise will say the govt is bad.

Those who have been benefiting from fuel subsidy scam, would make the masses believe the govt hates them when they tried to remove it.

Like the issue of bokoharam, when it started elders in the north including buhari made the northerners believe the govt was against them while bokoharam was their friend. This led to northerners accommodating the sect members and withholding information.

In the case of unemployment , there has always been a shortage of employment and the govt will never have enough employment opportunities for all the unemployed youths. But the policies of govt encourages investors which in turn creates more jobs.

The rails are back but we dont see it as employment, neither do we see you win etc as employment.

As dangote, innoson motors aand other firms increase in their capacity due to govt support and patronage this also creates employment.

What about the single digit sme loans made available . When u wear red glasses, everything will be red to u. The enemies of this administration have succeeded in puting on red glasses in the eyes of most Nigerian youths.

Some are even inside the trains traveling from one location to the other and causing goodluck online.

Some are even buying food at the same price despite the fall in oil price but still insullt the president online.

You comment is encouraging, i always say people's emotion for their religion and tribe is our greatest challenge as a nation that some people have left reality and be pursuing politics in the name of he is my brother or sister, good or bad i will vote for him/her. If any party has a clear message of a new Nigeria let them spread it. A message to restructure Nigeria is what i support not power struggle or resource control.. Some persons want to maintain the statuo quo of governance in Nigeria because they intend to benefit direct and has been benefiting from our resource. They want to simply be in control. In control of restructuring nigeria and not that of taken over power. If we cannot change our direction of over 40years then we are not ready to change Nigeria. And without restructing the country now people will continue to fight for their right, fight for unjustice and we will still remain where we set off.

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Steering Nigeria With A Steady Hand - Washington Times by Whynotthetruth(m): 3:24pm On Mar 09, 2015
Orikinla:

[size=18pt]

See inferiority complex...so opinion of someone else matters more to you than your opinion of yourself?...pele

4 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Steering Nigeria With A Steady Hand - Washington Times by OLADD: 3:28pm On Mar 09, 2015
mekaboy:

Sometimes in a football match, people outside the pitch see better than the players in the field. That is why the referee most times gets instructions from the one outside the pitch with a clearer view.

Most times our understanding of things in Nigeria are not clear and influenced by people who might be pro or anti govt..

Someone who is a ghost worker and has been fished out by the biometric excercise will say the govt is bad.

Those who have been benefiting from fuel subsidy scam, would make the masses believe the govt hates them when they tried to remove it.

Like the issue of bokoharam, when it started elders in the north including buhari made the northerners believe the govt was against them while bokoharam was their friend. This led to northerners accommodating the sect members and withholding information.

In the case of unemployment , there has always been a shortage of employment and the govt will never have enough employment opportunities for all the unemployed youths. But the policies of govt encourages investors which in turn creates more jobs.

The rails are back but we dont see it as employment, neither do we see you win etc as employment.

As dangote, innoson motors aand other firms increase in their capacity due to govt support and patronage this also creates employment.

What about the single digit sme loans made available . When u wear red glasses, everything will be red to u. The enemies of this administration have succeeded in puting on red glasses in the eyes of most Nigerian youths.

Some are even inside the trains traveling from one location to the other and causing goodluck online.

Some are even buying food at the same price despite the fall in oil price but still insullt the president online.

God bless you. I salute your deep reasoning.

3 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Steering Nigeria With A Steady Hand - Washington Times by trendymart(m): 3:29pm On Mar 09, 2015
its too late ....this damage control piece is rather too late to safe GEJ....too many cracks in his inner cabinet,PDP etc....
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Steering Nigeria With A Steady Hand - Washington Times by 400billionman: 3:31pm On Mar 09, 2015
Excellent write up by a foreigner capturing the true state of the nation and politics in Nigeria...

Unlike many others who write from their feellings, their head or from what others said.

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Steering Nigeria With A Steady Hand - Washington Times by olas24u(f): 3:31pm On Mar 09, 2015
Redoil:
you this boy and ur oloriburuku lifestyle

You are not a principled Nigerian if not you have been debased to this level of celebrating mediocrity
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Steering Nigeria With A Steady Hand - Washington Times by Kingspin(m): 3:35pm On Mar 09, 2015
PassingShot:

Listen my friend, the time value of money is not only obtainable in Nigeria. It is everywhere and affects everything.

The main problem with Nigeria is our inability to manage our earnings and put our resources to judicious use.

To understand me better, check by what percentages price of commodities in well managed economies have changed in the last 5 to 10 years and you will realize that not by much. I can do a bit of research on this for you but I don't think it's worth my time now.

For instance, in the country where I reside now, a can of Coke has been selling for about 70 NGN for the past 5 years and it's the same with 80 to 90% of all other commodities.

PDP's failure is GEJ's failure and GEJ's failure cannot be separated from PDP's.
Fashola, this is 8years now as Lagos state governor has he transformed Lagost to New York. Why cant he do just that with 8years in office and i belt u give him another 4year he will not do it. How much more a country? We need to be realistic to ourselves...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Steering Nigeria With A Steady Hand - Washington Times by DoktourSoccer(m): 3:35pm On Mar 09, 2015
Try them today

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Steering Nigeria With A Steady Hand - Washington Times by discusant: 3:37pm On Mar 09, 2015
Orikinla:

[size=18pt]

Jonathan is enemy of non-progressives in Nigeria.

Jonathan is enemy of cheats any where in the world.

Jonathan is enemy of those who want to colonize Nigeria without firing a shot.

3 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Steering Nigeria With A Steady Hand - Washington Times by Nobody: 3:44pm On Mar 09, 2015
Let Nigerians vote their conscience,that's all.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Steering Nigeria With A Steady Hand - Washington Times by tonquendo4u(m): 3:49pm On Mar 09, 2015
God bless Washington times. U said it all. D only problem Nigerians hv is ignorance. I hope we learn soon

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Steering Nigeria With A Steady Hand - Washington Times by finest0007(m): 3:56pm On Mar 09, 2015
I bet if GEJ was their president,we would have a different headline

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Steering Nigeria With A Steady Hand - Washington Times by Nobody: 3:57pm On Mar 09, 2015
PassingShot:

But u compared obj's achievements with that of gej...

It is just hard for apc and its supporters to see anything good in this government. What they do is oppose everything the government does, even the good ones. Opposition party in its literal sense

4 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Steering Nigeria With A Steady Hand - Washington Times by Bitterleafsoup: 4:02pm On Mar 09, 2015
Most people that say GEJ is not working live abroad checkem

3 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Steering Nigeria With A Steady Hand - Washington Times by Bitterleafsoup: 4:16pm On Mar 09, 2015
holatin:
do you know ow old Mandela was when he saved south Africa has, keep living in the delusion world.
only in Nigeria will people look at age instead of capability.

sai buhari
Capability? Show us what has he done to develope Nigeria, since 1999? He can't even develope his cow business. He is borrowing money up and down just to run for office, that means he can not even capable of managing personal finances talk of a whole nation. The corruption in the oil industry, he started it since he was the first minister ever. He was not capable of managing a staff that breed corruption, but wants us to vote because he did not partake? Ignorance is not an excuse! He was a terrible manager 20 years ago, and he is still the same.

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Steering Nigeria With A Steady Hand - Washington Times by PhockPhockMan: 4:24pm On Mar 09, 2015
APC has failed already.

4 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Steering Nigeria With A Steady Hand - Washington Times by femialiu(m): 4:31pm On Mar 09, 2015
Who is William Reed? The so called press they claim he presides over doesn't have a website. (Do a search on google). The website that posted the news looks crappy and far from what a Washington Times will use. The popular William Reed Jr died in 1991....this one does not have records of article written before this one....well, i am not saying it is fake but the story of wendell simlin has thought me never to take things at surface level.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Steering Nigeria With A Steady Hand - Washington Times by Nobody: 4:46pm On Mar 09, 2015
I even thought it was an editorial. Na person opinion.....mtcheww
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Steering Nigeria With A Steady Hand - Washington Times by Nobody: 4:47pm On Mar 09, 2015
femialiu:
Who is William Reed? The so called press they claim he presides over doesn't have a website. (Do a search on google). The website that posted the news looks crappy and far from what a Washington Times will use. The popular William Reed Jr died in 1991....this one does not have records of article written before this one....well, i am not saying it is fake but the story of wendell simlin has thought me never to take things at surface level.

Mr investigative journalist, pls extend your research to buhari's missing certificate, his health status, 3 billion dollars missing under him as petroleum minister, his inciting statements that led to the death of 14 corps members, his contribution to the spread of sharia and the spread of radicial islam that served as a nursery for modern day boko haram. The list is endless.
This article was published by the renowned washington times not punch, the nation or sharia reporters. So don't be quick to discredit the publication

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bola Kuforiji Olubi Is Dead / Dr Bukola Saraki Sparks PVC registration conversation on Social Media / Fayose To Spend Weekend In Prison As He Struggled To Meet Bail Conditions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.