Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

5 Governors Who Can Perform Presidential Functions If Given Opportunity - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Governors Who Can Perform Presidential Functions If Given Opportunity (54616 Views)

5 Governors That Deserve A Second Term In 2019 / 5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office / 8 Governors Who Have No Business Building Airports (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Governors Who Can Perform Presidential Functions If Given Opportunity by arresa: 9:34pm On Mar 09, 2015
nationwide1:
From their maturity, tolerance, performances, utterances and actions, I think these governors can adequately perform the responsibilities of the president if opportunity presents itself:

1. Godswill Akpabio

2. Owelle Rochas Okorocha

3. Sule Lamido

4. Babatunde Raji Fashola

5. Mohammed Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso

Any contrary opinion?

Akpabio posts the largest budget in Nigeria, but apart from a few roads and fly over bridge, all he completed after 8 years in office = 1 cinema, 1 library and 1 football field.

No completed hospital

No completed schools

No skills centers

No clinics or health centers

No waterworks

No housing developments

Nothing, no vision or any vicionary projects.

The football field he wasted taxpayers money is sitting like lazy white elephant unused and non productive. It's call tying money down. That was reckless and irresponsible..

Amaechi on the other hand built roads, bridges, fly overs, sports complex, tens of hospitals and health centers, hundreds of schools, water works, monoral, agric plantations..

In fact, he delivered more than all the other governors in SS and SE combined X 2,,

So, why is akpabio on your list and not Amaechi....?

Must incompetent and non productive people be your heroes and preferd leaders...

1 Like

Re: 5 Governors Who Can Perform Presidential Functions If Given Opportunity by shellworker: 9:35pm On Mar 09, 2015
U seem to forget that Kwankwaso was a PDP product. Think before u write.

Olaolufred:

THIS IS A GOOD WIN.

APC 3; PDP 2.

LAMIDO IS APC INSIDE PDP.

HE IS STILL OBJ'S POLITICAL SON.

LAMIDO WANTS TO WIN ALL POSSIBLE AT STATE LEVEL.

BUT NOT WORKING AT ALL FOR GEJ.

HE IS ONE OF THE GOVENORS COURTING APC AT THE BACKYARD.

PERMIT ME TO SAY, APC 4; PDP 1
Re: 5 Governors Who Can Perform Presidential Functions If Given Opportunity by coolscott(m): 9:37pm On Mar 09, 2015
[size=14pt]Take Kwankwaso out of the list. Any democrat that throws abuses around like a market woman does not treat his office with enough respect for him to be be honoured with more.

Take Rochas out of the list (for the simple reason that for all his good heart, he is a clown)[/size]

1 Like

Re: 5 Governors Who Can Perform Presidential Functions If Given Opportunity by nationwide1(m): 9:44pm On Mar 09, 2015
arresa:

Akpabio posts the largest budget in Nigeria, but apart from a few roads and fly over bridge, all he completed after 8 years in office = 1 cinema, 1 library and 1 football field.

No completed hospital

No completed schools

No skills centers

No clinics or health centers

No waterworks

No housing developments

Nothing, no vision or any vicionary projects.

The football field he wasted taxpayers money is sitting like lazy white elephant unused and non productive. It's call tying money down. That was reckless and irresponsible..

Amaechi on the other hand built roads, bridges, fly overs, sports complex, tens of hospitals and health centers, hundreds of schools, water works, monoral, agric plantations..

In fact, he delivered more than all the other governors in SS and SE combined X 2,,

So, why is akpabio on your list and not Amaechi....?

Must incompetent and non productive people be your heroes and preferd leaders...

You're not objective and sound like one whose sense of reasoning has been obliterated by political party lines. It also seems you've never been to either of the two states as depicted by your exaggeration and pulling down tendencies.

I advise that you travel to the 2 states first then come back to post your comments other than that, you're not qualified for this argument.

1 Like

Re: 5 Governors Who Can Perform Presidential Functions If Given Opportunity by smartleo(m): 9:53pm On Mar 09, 2015
mmsen:
Liyel Imoke is better than everyone other than the obvious (Akpabio) on that list.
guy na cross river I served ooooo,no show for that guy joor
Re: 5 Governors Who Can Perform Presidential Functions If Given Opportunity by babestella: 10:14pm On Mar 09, 2015
joker5180:
I understand where you are coming from, PDP.

You are wrong bro. It never even crossed my mind. I don't need a rebellious leader or a leader who is being used by one demi god and who will not hesitate to abandon his party when his party needs him the most. While you might seem to disagree with me, I see it as a sign of weakness and not being able to effectively communicate transformative ideas to infuse progress, Unity and equity into the party. Decamping to join opposition party just to prove a point means a minus for me. That is my candid opinion.
Re: 5 Governors Who Can Perform Presidential Functions If Given Opportunity by arresa: 10:38pm On Mar 09, 2015
nationwide1:
You're not objective and sound like one whose sense of reasoning has been obliterated by political party lines. It also seems you've never been to either of the two states as depicted by your exaggeration and pulling down tendencies.

I advise that you travel to the 2 states first then come back to post your comments other than that, you're not qualified for this argument.

Why must we travel anywhere just to know what our leaders are doing? If you have different facts to counter what I said, post it or keep quiet.

Objectivity is stating what each governor did in terms of education, health, security, transportation, , agriculture, sports and general infrastructure. Not some silly list based on nothing but personal sentiments...
Re: 5 Governors Who Can Perform Presidential Functions If Given Opportunity by nationwide1(m): 10:48pm On Mar 09, 2015
arresa:

Why must we travel anywhere just to know what our leaders are doing? If you have different facts to counter what I said, post it or keep quiet.

Objectivity is stating what each governor did in terms of education, health, security, transportation, , agriculture, sports and general infrastructure. Not some silly list based on nothing but personal sentiments...

It's rather your sentiment that is silly and baseless because you'll always find a fault unless it's APC. it's reasonings like yours that still make Nigerian youths fake leaders of tomorrow.
Re: 5 Governors Who Can Perform Presidential Functions If Given Opportunity by UnimkeAk(m): 11:30pm On Mar 09, 2015
Olaolufred:

THIS IS A GOOD WIN.

APC 3; PDP 2.

LAMIDO IS APC INSIDE PDP.

HE IS STILL OBJ'S POLITICAL SON.

LAMIDO WANTS TO WIN ALL POSSIBLE AT STATE LEVEL.

BUT NOT WORKING AT ALL FOR GEJ.

HE IS ONE OF THE GOVENORS COURTING APC AT THE BACKYARD.

PERMIT ME TO SAY, APC 4; PDP 1

Una too they form ITK.

Are u Lamidos aide?
Re: 5 Governors Who Can Perform Presidential Functions If Given Opportunity by udeh3(m): 11:44pm On Mar 09, 2015
nonjebose:
My friend what infrastructure are you talking about? I doubt whether you live in Delta. He has spent 8 yrs in power,yet the major cities in delta can hardly boast of any COMPLETED projects done in his tenure. What has the Delta beyond Oil translated to? He cannot,should not and must not be on that list

Please, name the governor on that list that in his time Built one of the best Teaching Hospital in Africa. I'm from Owhelogbo, Isoko North of Delta state, hardly, there's No road in my community that's not well constructed, infact even those place that there are No houses, roads have been constructed to those areas just to open those new site.

Talk about the delta transit (Both on land and Water), Can you beat it with any of those governors mentioned there. Have you heard of the new constructed stadium in Sapele? What about the health sector, please visit any of our health centres for enlightenment.

What about the developement of grass root sport. He was even named the sport governor of the year
Delta State tertiary institution school fees is one of the cheapest in Nigeria: In Delsu they pay between 30-35K/section. The govt also award scholarship to student even to P.HD level (I've been a beneficiary of that). What about the infrastructural development of our primary and secondary school? Our state teachers are one of the well-paid teachers in Nigeria, ask!

Check the developement of some towns in delta state (Don't forget that delta state has more developed towns than most of the governor's state on that list) and compare with those governors listed above.

If you want me to be specific in the naming of this project, then you should tell me the criterias for listing those governors out!

As much as I agree that there is No perfect government, I also acknowledge real developement!

Proudly Deltan!

http://deltastateweb.com
Re: 5 Governors Who Can Perform Presidential Functions If Given Opportunity by iyimide(m): 3:41am On Mar 10, 2015
drtwist:
I think your rating was not base on performance, lamido and rochas doe not deserve to be there. I think. 1. Fashola. 2.akpabio. 3kwankwaso. 4.amechi 5. Sullivan. Finally 2 sub like oshomale and mimiko
Do you live in nigeria at all? Go to jigawa

1 Like

Re: 5 Governors Who Can Perform Presidential Functions If Given Opportunity by frankyychiji(f): 3:50am On Mar 10, 2015
nationwide1:
From their maturity, tolerance, performances, utterances and actions, I think these governors can adequately perform the responsibilities of the president if opportunity presents itself:

1. Godswill Akpabio

2. Owelle Rochas Okorocha

3. Sule Lamido

4. Babatunde Raji Fashola

5. Mohammed Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso

Any contrary opinion?
Yes! Remove rochas from that list. He is just an overweight talkative.
Re: 5 Governors Who Can Perform Presidential Functions If Given Opportunity by arresa: 4:53am On Mar 10, 2015
nationwide1:
It's rather your sentiment that is silly and baseless because you'll always find a fault unless it's APC. it's reasonings like yours that still make Nigerian youths fake leaders of tomorrow.

Silliness and sentiments is you thoughtlessly thinking this is about political parties instead of facts on the ground and you producing your own facts to counter what I said. Obviously, you are shallow and and mentally empty to come up with anything to dispute what I said.

Akpabio listed what he did on his own website and every project is captured in their budgets so it's not rocket science to find out what they did or didn't do. There's a reason why you can not come up with any counter argument, it's because you can not manufacture what doesn't exist.

People like you need to shut your ignorant mouth sometimes..
Re: 5 Governors Who Can Perform Presidential Functions If Given Opportunity by Kcdojoto(m): 7:03am On Mar 10, 2015
Decentdamsel:

r u from Ojoto??

Yes
Re: 5 Governors Who Can Perform Presidential Functions If Given Opportunity by meccuno: 7:32am On Mar 10, 2015
I think most governors who many people who have been listed above are over rated......akpabio who according to reports have the highest allocation probably builds infrastructure that do not directly affect ..the citizens......fashola who obviously have the highest population,internally generated revenue with infra structural development not proportional to the money made monthly who deported nigerian citizens within the same country shows lack of respect for fellow opposite tribes,controlled by a god father meaning he doesn't have a mind of his own.....he should be tested in a situation when money isn't readily available let's see how magical he is.....just media hype.........rotimi amaechi....tried his best to upgrade the quality of education and infrastructure......but has so many white elephant projects and lacks respect for authority.....one of the most fortunate governors amongs all........gets one of the highest allocations but still takes almost 3-4 years in constructing less than 4km road e.g stadium road$........claims there is no money to pay doctors when on strike but anhad $40million to buy a private jet......these governors are jusÞ media Hype..
Re: 5 Governors Who Can Perform Presidential Functions If Given Opportunity by GeneralBosco: 8:13am On Mar 10, 2015
Talk2david1:

I rarely quote ppl on NL bt I had to quote ur above comment! Even if Akpabio is what u mentioned above, he is way more better than any Governor Akwa Ibom has ever had and talking of transformation,no state Governor in Nigeria can boast of so much POSITIVE CHANGE like Governor God'swill Akpabio! U would only doubt or b skeptical of what am saying if Uv never been to Akwa Ibom state b4.
Eket, a major city in Akwaibom state has no pipe borne water. true or false??
Re: 5 Governors Who Can Perform Presidential Functions If Given Opportunity by bellotaofeek: 9:32am On Mar 10, 2015
Seems you will have to edit the list. What of Ogneni Rauf Aregbesola?
Re: 5 Governors Who Can Perform Presidential Functions If Given Opportunity by godchildjayboy(m): 9:41am On Mar 10, 2015
I will fit for president.
Re: 5 Governors Who Can Perform Presidential Functions If Given Opportunity by Esinasinla: 10:02am On Mar 10, 2015
Fayose n ko ................................hehehehehehe
Re: 5 Governors Who Can Perform Presidential Functions If Given Opportunity by Funjosh(m): 10:28am On Mar 10, 2015
kennygee:
Sule Lamido and Akpabio

I don't see the work Fashola did in Lagos that people are shouting "Fashola is working", for a state that generates up to N16B a month, it is not it at all.

Rochas had it before he started messsing up.

The Kwankwaso guy i don't really know.

And some MUMUni still like this poo u post up here lipsrsealed
Re: 5 Governors Who Can Perform Presidential Functions If Given Opportunity by vynzecent(m): 11:38am On Mar 10, 2015
Hero10001:

Bro, i don't need 5k to make 5m.
1k will do the job.
AND HOW WELL HAVE U GOT THE JOB DONE?
Re: 5 Governors Who Can Perform Presidential Functions If Given Opportunity by mbhs139(m): 12:05pm On Mar 10, 2015
nationwide1:
Bro, you sound as if you've lived all your life in Lagos.

Yes bro. In my close to 40 years of existence, I have never stayed anywhere outside Lagos more that a week- not even NYSC- ghost copper thing.
Re: 5 Governors Who Can Perform Presidential Functions If Given Opportunity by Akinz0126(m): 12:31pm On Mar 10, 2015
macpetrus:
Mu'azu Babangida Aliyu .. Nige state Governor.
Oga aw much talba give You?Em go bankrupt ouraccount be that Olohun maje.
Re: 5 Governors Who Can Perform Presidential Functions If Given Opportunity by Akinz0126(m): 12:32pm On Mar 10, 2015
macpetrus:
Mu'azu Babangida Aliyu .. Nige state Governor.
Oga aw much talba give You?Em go bankrupt our national account be that Olohun maje.
Re: 5 Governors Who Can Perform Presidential Functions If Given Opportunity by nonjebose(m): 2:15pm On Mar 10, 2015
udeh3:

Please, name the governor on that list that in his time Built one of the best Teaching Hospital in Africa. I'm from Owhelogbo, Isoko North of Delta state, hardly, there's No road in my community that's not well constructed, infact even those place that there are No houses, roads have been constructed to those areas just to open those new site.

Talk about the delta transit (Both on land and Water), Can you beat it with any of those governors mentioned there. Have you heard of the new constructed stadium in Sapele? What about the health sector, please visit any of our health centres for enlightenment.

What about the developement of grass root sport. He was even named the sport governor of the year
Delta State tertiary institution school fees is one of the cheapest in Nigeria: In Delsu they pay between 30-35K/section. The govt also award scholarship to student even to P.HD level (I've been a beneficiary of that). What about the infrastructural development of our primary and secondary school? Our state teachers are one of the well-paid teachers in Nigeria, ask!

Check the developement of some towns in delta state (Don't forget that delta state has more developed towns than most of the governor's state on that list) and compare with those governors listed above.

If you want me to be specific in the naming of this project, then you should tell me the criterias for listing those governors out!

As much as I agree that there is No perfect government, I also acknowledge real developement!

Proudly Deltan!

http://deltastateweb.com
In as much as I enjoyed your dissertation above,I wish to point out some things to you. I am not making a case for those governors mentioned in the list. The Teaching Hospital you gloriously mentioned was built by Ibori. The Sapele stadium was built by Ibori. Many of those roads constructed in rural areas were done by NDDC and DESOPADEC. The only legacy he has is the Mass Transit scheme. The scholarship scheme has since become a conduit for corruption.
Re: 5 Governors Who Can Perform Presidential Functions If Given Opportunity by FazzyKachi(m): 9:08am On Mar 11, 2015
crownprince102:

See frustration! grin

ohBOY i dy see am for your eye oh!
Re: 5 Governors Who Can Perform Presidential Functions If Given Opportunity by udeh3(m): 12:32am On Mar 12, 2015
nonjebose:
In as much as I enjoyed your dissertation above,I wish to point out some things to you. I am not making a case for those governors mentioned in the list. The Teaching Hospital you gloriously mentioned was built by Ibori. The Sapele stadium was built by Ibori. Many of those roads constructed in rural areas were done by NDDC and DESOPADEC. The only legacy he has is the Mass Transit scheme. The scholarship scheme has since become a conduit for corruption.

May be you should check the year the teaching hospital and the stadium was built and commissioned thank God for the internet now. Appreciate Good things when you see one!

Those governors on that list has not done anything exceptional, one was even saying Oshomole. I taught you will talk above the standard of the primary and secondary schools. The university school fees, the sport, workers salaries and the rest, but thank God you admitted that of the DELTA TRANSIT.

Like I said earlia, we are suppose to know the basis of this governors on that list and mind you, there is No state where corruption is not at a high level, infat Lagos state is rated the highest in africa

Let's know what true transformation is and not been a government of paper tiger (Newspapers and propaganda)
Godbless Nigeria!
Re: 5 Governors Who Can Perform Presidential Functions If Given Opportunity by simdam500(m): 7:20pm On Mar 15, 2015
Fashola should have come number 1 kiss

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

US Opposes Nigeria's Plan To Hand Abacha Looted Funds To Governor Bagudu / Nigerian Federal Allocation In Colonial Period (Photo) / Marvelous Barinaadaa Sent Out Of School For Wrapping Her Book With Obi's Poster

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.