Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,942 members, 7,835,138 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

Is This True? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is This True? (2555 Views)

I Saw This On Abeokuta Expressway, Is This True? / Summary Of PDP Statement On Alamieseigha's Death - Is This True ? / My Apc Members, Is This True? Is This Agreement Between North And The Yoruba... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This True? by MzJackBaueress(f): 5:14pm On Mar 09, 2015
shocked

Re: Is This True? by Sanchez01: 5:19pm On Mar 09, 2015
It is a known fact that Ijaws are not Igbos, they're not even close. Unfortunately, Jonathan has successfully played the ethno-religious card well and most people have been blinded. This explains why some Igbos say they would rather vote him than see GMB in power, probably because of the 'Ebele' scam. Worst of all, the Igbos would likely miss out if he is allowed as his aide has spoken that Northerners would get the 2019 presidency ticket of their party.

1 Like

Re: Is This True? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Mar 09, 2015
Only 3votes for Ojukwu in Bayelsa state?

Lord have mercy!

1 Like

Re: Is This True? by KwoiZabo(m): 5:23pm On Mar 09, 2015
Rubbish Propaganda from APC. The 3000 in Katsina that voted Ojukwu are Igbos that live there. Jonathan is working and above all giving all region equal attention thats why Igbos support him. simple

5 Likes

Re: Is This True? by anonimi: 5:27pm On Mar 09, 2015
Sanchez01:
It is a known fact that Ijaws are not Igbos, they're not even close. Unfortunately, Jonathan has successfully played the ethno-religious card well and most people have been blinded. This explains why some Igbos say they would rather vote him than see GMB in power, probably because of the 'Ebele' scam. Worst of all, the Igbos would likely miss out if he is allowed as his aide has spoken that Northerners would get the 2019 presidency ticket of their party.

Are you wishing that our country will cease to exist in 2019

That wicked prediction is from the coven of witches and we reject it completely.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2162677_img20150225204321edit_jpeg56bb1cb2db278f716bb3a9df7c4cd726
Re: Is This True? by anonimi: 5:29pm On Mar 09, 2015
KwoiZabo:
Rubbish Propaganda from APC. The 3000 in Katsina that voted Ojukwu are Igbos that live there. Jonathan is working and above all giving all region equal attention thats why Igbos support him. simple

Definitely as the leader of the entire nation as opposed to a tribal or regional chief.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2066181_109315253423544626188034164921766947151069n_jpegacb37fe73c651f856a3f80eea0cac2b7

3 Likes

Re: Is This True? by Sunnybobo3(m): 5:32pm On Mar 09, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
shocked

I'd rather vote Jonathan who did not vote Ojukwu than vote Buhari who got to the pinnacle of his ccareer by killing Igbos.

Not only that, he locked Ojukwu up in Kirikiri despite the fact that he wasn't involved in government.

4 Likes

Re: Is This True? by Eggcelent(m): 5:33pm On Mar 09, 2015
Why are people promoting ethnic sentiments? Tribe and religion ain't the same as competence and character. The latter are what we need in a leader. Only those who lack these promote the former to cover up their deficiencies.
Re: Is This True? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Mar 09, 2015
KwoiZabo:
You counted the votes in Katsina to know this?
Re: Is This True? by Clerverly: 5:39pm On Mar 09, 2015
Eggcelent:
Why are people promoting ethnic sentiments? Tribe and religion ain't the same as competence and character. The latter are what we need in a leader. Only those who lack these promote the former to cover up their deficiencies.

It is on record that Jonathan introduced religious and tribal politics in the body polity in Nigeria! So spare us this your needless sermon!

1 Like

Re: Is This True? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Mar 09, 2015
Sanchez01:
Yoruba is playing the highest ethno religious card in this election, d major reason they re voting GMB in this election is because of Osibanjo in that ticket, on the other hand Igbos have nothing to lose or again in who wins, our support for GEJ is not based on ethnicism it is based on neutrality, Chekwas Okorie is running for presidency, yet Igbos are not supporting him. Even berem that created this post is Igbo and she's suPporting Buhari. I know that Ijaws can never support Igbos in any election in Nigeria, that is a topic for another day. We re just teaching Nigerians that we re above ethnicity, we voted Obasanjo against our own Ojukwu, but can Yoruba ever support an Igbo man? Don't answer cos I already know the answer.

6 Likes

Re: Is This True? by anonimi: 5:44pm On Mar 09, 2015
Clerverly:
It is on record that Jonathan introduced religious and tribal politics in the body polity in Nigeria! So spare us this your needless sermon!

The record FABRICATED inside your brain or another

1 Like

Re: Is This True? by Clerverly: 5:49pm On Mar 09, 2015
Berem, the fact is that, Igbos support any in government in power be it Hausa, Yoruba or Nigerien! Just wait and see the massive support our incoming president (General Buhari) would enjoy in the South East post May, when he must have been sworn in.

There is no ideology in Ndigbo's political consciousness!!! The party at the centre that dispenses patronage enjoys her support!

2 Likes

Re: Is This True? by Eggcelent(m): 5:52pm On Mar 09, 2015
Cleverly. I guess you are an APC supporter. For the avoidance of doubt, I ain't for the PDP or the APC. Rather, I stand for what I believe is for the good of Nigeria. As to your assertion about GEJ being the precursor of ethnic politics in Nigeria; I disagree with you in part. There is no doubt his administration has witnessed increase in tribal politics like never before. However, there has been cases of tribal politics before now.
Re: Is This True? by Sanchez01: 5:53pm On Mar 09, 2015
ovadoze:

Yoruba is playing the highest ethno religious card in this election, d major reason they re voting GMB in this election is because of Osibanjo in that ticket, on the other hand Igbos have nothing to lose or again in who wins, our support for GEJ is not based on ethnicism it is based on neutrality, Chekwas Okorie is running for presidency, yet Igbos are not supporting him. Even berem that created this post is Igbo and she's suPporting Buhari. I know that Ijaws can never support Igbos in any election in Nigeria, that is a topic for another day. We re just teaching Nigerians that we re above ethnicity, we voted Obasanjo against our own Ojukwu, but can Yoruba ever support an Igbo man? Don't answer cos I already know the answer.
Sorry, I beg to disagree, kindly look at the utterances coming from both camps and tell me who has been playing the ethno-religious card game better. The APC have not mentioned it during any of their campaigns that they should be voted based on this cancer. See some things below;

>Do not vote Buhari because he is surrounded by Christians and his Vice has over 5,000 churches. - Namadi Sambo
>He (Buhari) sent all the important people to jail, including your own. How much did Jim Nwobodo stole? Money that's not enough to buy a peugeot car - GEJ, while defending Jim Nwobodo before Igbos in Enugu.
>Buhari will Islamize Nigeria - CAN (through Pastor Bosun Emmanuel) and the PDP

So, tell me, who has been playing the ethno-religious card game better

5 Likes

Re: Is This True? by Clerverly: 5:53pm On Mar 09, 2015
ovadoze:

Ndigbo have always supported any government in power! The reason they even supported Obasanjo's Third Term Agenda! *fact*

3 Likes

Re: Is This True? by Sanchez01: 5:56pm On Mar 09, 2015
anonimi:

Are you wishing that our country will cease to exist in 2019

That wicked prediction is from the coven of witches and we reject it completely.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2162677_img20150225204321edit_jpeg56bb1cb2db278f716bb3a9df7c4cd726
Since you're good at posting memes and bad at reading posts/comments to understand what rests within it, kindly re-read my post again and point out where I said the country will cease to exist by 2019.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This True? by NDPVF(m): 5:58pm On Mar 09, 2015
[s]
Clerverly:

[/s] Was Jonathan the president in 1966 ethno-religious politics,that almost led to the demiss of Nigeria?.

1 Like

Re: Is This True? by anonimi: 5:59pm On Mar 09, 2015
Sanchez01:
Since you're good at posting memes and bad at reading posts/comments to understand what rests within it, kindly re-read my post again and point out where I said the country will cease to exist by 2019.

Here you are grin cheesy

Sanchez01:
Worst of all, the Igbos would likely miss out if he is allowed as his aide has spoken that Northerners would get the 2019 presidency ticket of their party.
Re: Is This True? by richardomoko: 6:00pm On Mar 09, 2015
Desperate chants of a dodo. Ijaws are not anti Igbo and can never be. The Igbo nation knows truly whom is for them and Jonathan has done marvelously well for the Igbos. First time ever is an Igbo man rising above Major General - Jonathan's administration.
MzJackBaueress:
shocked

1 Like

Re: Is This True? by NDPVF(m): 6:02pm On Mar 09, 2015
[s]
Clerverly:
Berem, the fact is that, Igbos support any in government in power be it Hausa, Yoruba or Nigerien! Just wait and see the massive support our incoming president (General Buhari) would enjoy in the South East post May, when he must have been sworn in.

There is no ideology in Ndigbo's political consciousness!!! The party at the centre that dispenses patronage enjoys her support!
[/s] You av' started smoking that thing again!.

1 Like

Re: Is This True? by PhockPhockMan: 6:03pm On Mar 09, 2015
berem:

Lord have mercy!
Berem, this your scrappy thread is dead on arrival.
The question is, was there any election in 2003? If yes, did Igbos vote Ojukwu ahead of Obasanjo?
Even Igbos didn't vote Ojukwu, because they know Ojukwu can never win. There are more than 3,000 Igbo voters in Bayelsa, Why didn't they vote him.

Comot for road abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Is This True? by Clerverly: 6:05pm On Mar 09, 2015
Eggcelent:
Cleverly. I guess you are an APC supporter. For the avoidance of doubt, I ain't for the PDP or the APC. Rather, I stand for what I believe is for the good of Nigeria. As to your assertion about GEJ being the precursor of ethnic politics in Nigeria; I disagree with you in part. There is no doubt his administration has witnessed increase in tribal politics like never before. However, there has been cases of tribal politics before now.

I understand your point! However jonathan, his wife and Their Tribal warlord have broken the tiny rope of religious and ethnic that have held Nigerians together with their bitter, divisive and hate campaign processes! Imagine The president's wife labeling a whole ethnic nation "born throway* *parasites" etc!

But jonathan, wife and their children will reap the fruit of their wickedness! *fact*

1 Like

Re: Is This True? by PhockPhockMan: 6:07pm On Mar 09, 2015
Nigeria presidency is a mountain Buhari and APC can never climb.

2 Likes

Re: Is This True? by Sanchez01: 6:08pm On Mar 09, 2015
anonimi:

Here you are grin cheesy

And when I said the Igbos would miss out in 2019, did I mention at any point that Nigeria will cease to exist
Re: Is This True? by NDPVF(m): 6:10pm On Mar 09, 2015
[s]
berem:

Lord have mercy!
[/s] [size=50pt] IDIOTO [/size] What was Ojukwu's offence that earned him Buhari's jail term,when it was obvious that he wasnt in the country during the alleged Shagari's corrupt regime?
Re: Is This True? by NDPVF(m): 6:12pm On Mar 09, 2015
[s]
berem:

Lord have mercy!
[/s] [size=50pt] IDIOTO [/size] What was Ojukwu's offence that earned him Buhari's jail term,when it was obvious that he wasnt in the country during the alleged Shagari's corrupt regime? .
Re: Is This True? by NDPVF(m): 6:20pm On Mar 09, 2015
[s]
Sanchez01:

And when I said the Igbos would miss out in 2019, did I mention at any point that Nigeria will cease to exist
[/s] Emp.ty brain . The young man is indirectly asking you that,"So even if North take over in 2019,will that be the end of Nigeria?./ Are you saying that after North take over in 2019,their won't be another Nigeria( Nigeria will cease to exist) for Igbos to rule?
Re: Is This True? by NDPVF(m): 6:25pm On Mar 09, 2015
Eggcelent:
Cleverly. I guess you are an APC supporter. For the avoidance of doubt, I ain't for the PDP or the APC. Rather, I stand for what I believe is for the good of Nigeria. As to your assertion about GEJ being the precursor of ethnic politics in Nigeria; I disagree with you in part. [s]There is no doubt his administration has witnessed increase in tribal politics like never before.[/s] However, there has been cases of tribal politics before now.
@Cancelled,thats a fatal lie.
What of pre,and during 1966?
Re: Is This True? by queensmith: 6:27pm On Mar 09, 2015
Sanchez01:

He failed. The ethnic card doesn't seem to work for most Igbos. I doubt it even works in any other area but his own.
Re: Is This True? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Mar 09, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
Berem, this your scrappy thread is dead on arrival.
The question is, was there any election in 2003? If yes, did Igbos vote Ojukwu ahead of Obasanjo?
Even Igbos didn't vote Ojukwu, because they know Ojukwu can never win. There are more than 3,000 Igbo voters in Bayelsa, Why didn't they vote him.

Comot for road abeg.
so there was no presidential election in 2003? Tell me something!
Re: Is This True? by NDPVF(m): 6:45pm On Mar 09, 2015
Sanchez01:

Sorry, I beg to disagree, kindly look at the utterances coming from both camps and tell me who has been playing the [b][color=#990000]ethno-religious card game better. The APC have not mentioned it during any of their campaigns that they should be voted based on this cancer. See some things below;

>Do not vote Buhari because he is surrounded by Christians and his Vice has over 5,000 churches. - Namadi Sambo
>He (Buhari) sent all the important people to jail, including your own. How much did Jim Nwobodo stole? Money that's not enough to buy a peugeot car - GEJ, while defending Jim Nwobodo before Igbos in Enugu.
>Buhari will Islamize Nigeria - CAN (through Pastor Bosun Emmanuel) and the PDP

So, tell me, who has been playing the ethno-religious card game better[/b]
[/color]
i would av' addressed the issues you raised one after the other,but looking at the one i colored red,my take;
If BOTH parties has been playing ethno-religious card,and according to you,PDP goes for the kill(does it better),whose fault is it?.Mr.A & B are thieves,but Mr. A maximises his,whose fault is it?.truth is both A & B are thieves,it doesnt matter who thieves more than the other.And it is wrong for B to call A names just because A thieves more than him. GOT IT?.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Custom Service Replacement Recruitment Slot / Rivers Polls: Cult Groups, Thugs Worked For PDP— SSS Officer / Buhari Hates Saraki Because He Is Not Fulani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.