Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,216 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:21 AM

Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. (47153 Views)

Farmer Arrests Cow On His Farm In Abuja, Drags It To The Police Station (pic) / Plantain Chips Production And Packaging (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by Nobody: 10:32pm On Mar 14, 2015
WTF!!!!
Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by Situation001(m): 10:32pm On Mar 14, 2015
nice one
Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by nedz(m): 10:33pm On Mar 14, 2015
What a good sense of recycling and a great resource management
Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by Codedworld1: 10:35pm On Mar 14, 2015
have seen this kind of innovation in funnab.
Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by kolokolobi(m): 10:36pm On Mar 14, 2015
What are the safety issues involved. Biogas is inflammable I guess. Kids around what safety measures should one be considering
Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by Izontubo(m): 10:38pm On Mar 14, 2015
Oboy na to use my soak away don remain o....biogas here I come.. cool

2 Likes

Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by emmykk(m): 10:39pm On Mar 14, 2015
Gen Buhari with 150 cows is now a big man,atleast after march28 he will concentrate on selling gas at duara.

Vote #teamUncleJonathan

3 Likes

Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by 400billionman: 10:47pm On Mar 14, 2015
Pavore9:
From my recent visit to a biogas centre in Kajiado County, the home of the Maasais in Kenya. The waste from the abattoir is used to generate biogas which fuels the big generator that powers the abattoir and they have also achieved packaging the biogas in a cylinder and it sells for half the price of the more common LPG.

lf you have some MBs to spare you can watch the less than 3 mins video of the possibilities biogas offers us all

Watch video http://koboideas..com/2015/03/blog-post.html

I am interested in the cow milk..
Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by ignis: 10:48pm On Mar 14, 2015
Nigeria won't copy this one now....
Giant of Africa for mouth. ..
Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by yuh2(m): 10:53pm On Mar 14, 2015
I've done something like this before though i encountered a challenge i'm still trying to decipher
that is compressing the biogas into a cylinder
Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by shinaf: 11:17pm On Mar 14, 2015
Pavore9:
The first picture is bags of for each digester.

The second picture is the kitchen where the cooker is being powered by biogas (l was in that kitchen last Wednesday when one of the workers was boiling water to serve us tea grin)

The third picture is the digester without the covering.

The fourth picture is the digester with the covering.

Working on how to get the bag
http://m.alibaba.com/trade/search?SearchText=bag+digester
Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by okine4real: 11:35pm On Mar 14, 2015
So cant one use his/her septic tank? they both generate heat, and i think making use of ceptic tank, the issue of always wanting pour cow dung into the pit or digester is eradicated, just my view...
Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by stephenqueen: 11:54pm On Mar 14, 2015
boluwajokosegun:
This is beautiful , hpoe nigeria will get there too, this kenya is a place to be , they have very good structures on ground that help them to always lead africa in agriculture. Nigeria is far far behind but we can get there by HIS grace. Thanks @Povare9
it's already in nigeria in funnab..it was started in funnab
Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by timunstopable: 12:33am On Mar 15, 2015
Nice one

but wot of the smell cow sheet dey oooooze
Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by experimentist: 12:38am On Mar 15, 2015
Make I come dey shi't everyday make them dey pay me na? I sh'it twice a day..

1 Like

Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by musicwriter(m): 12:38am On Mar 15, 2015
This's real development!. What I've been clamouring for ages!.
Just imagine the entire community understanding the science behind this product and actually building this simple technology themselves to generate their own electricity without government. That would be the beginning of end of poverty for them.

Indeed, only science can solve the poverty problem of a nation!. Only science can save Africa!.

3 Likes

Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by akatonero(m): 3:18am On Mar 15, 2015
Dnt explain or show how the gas was generated
Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by Nobody: 3:46am On Mar 15, 2015
japhmanuel:
Lets go there
we don't need to go anwhere sir; we already here.
Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by agborodun: 5:17am On Mar 15, 2015
I think we should start generating light using d gas from sock-a-way.
Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by Sibrah: 6:02am On Mar 15, 2015
I came across this idea in an Indian video some two years ago. Nice concept really.
Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by darediamond(m): 6:17am On Mar 15, 2015
grin You go Bomb not "blow"
Andesegarba!!!
Isekumok!!!
grin grin
quote author=mczico post=31624285].I go soon. blow

but blame Jonathan if I know blow

...gej till Buhari get PGD in corruption[/quote]
Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by darediamond(m): 6:21am On Mar 15, 2015
Though I like this Power Generation Tech which further disprove the useless sayings that "there is no free energy" or "energy can not bé newly produced", but I for one still prefer using the Energy in Copper, Neodymium Magnet and Iron to make a self-powering Electric Generator.
If you know-how and have financial back-up, you can build one foryourself.
Free Energy all the way.
Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by slimmax: 6:23am On Mar 15, 2015
nice timing , was about buying 2cows now I know how to generate more income from my proposed project (dealing with the waste from the cows) . Getting the digester is the main issue now.
Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by ibietela2(m): 6:26am On Mar 15, 2015
See what some foolish people will learn here, instead abusing each other
Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by ibietela2(m): 6:27am On Mar 15, 2015
slimmax:
nice timing , was about buying 2cows now I know how to generate more income from my proposed project (dealing with the waste from the cows) . Getting the digester is the main issue now.

Have you check online?
Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by slimmax: 6:27am On Mar 15, 2015
darediamond:
Though I like this Power Generation Tech which further disprove the useless sayings that "there is no free energy" or "energy can not bé newly produced", but I for one still prefer using the Energy in Copper, Neodymium Magnet and Iron to make a self-powering Electric Generator.
If you know-how and have financial back-up, you can build one foryourself.
Free Energy all the way.

create a thread about it, share ideas so that people can benefit from and improve their lives
Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by eebruboss(m): 6:28am On Mar 15, 2015
abumeinben:
shocked

Well not dat we don't do dis here.... my chemical engineering friends did it as project.... but u know na,it ends with project defence
that is the main thing killing innovations in nigeria universities!... I just hope for its resurrection one day
Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by slimmax: 6:30am On Mar 15, 2015
ibietela2:
See what some foolish people will learn here, instead abusing each other
Reason why I don't comment often in NL. will definitely check online to source for it. tanks.

1 Like

Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by darediamond(m): 6:36am On Mar 15, 2015
Some people will bé think: if I build this now, na ao a go com de get cow dung or related degradeable cheap organic materials?
The answer is SAWDUST which is available Totally free of Charge in all Sawmills expecially in SouthWest!!
You can also bé making money secretly producing homemade planks from Sawdust which is leftover after Sawing a real Wood!!!

See Nigeria is full of over-flowing resourses but only the Deep-thinkers can discover the resourses.

Without Exploration, No Discovery!
God have already "Helped Us" so help ya self and forget about religion.

Dare Diamond my name is.
Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by jcflex(m): 7:23am On Mar 15, 2015
Pavore9:

From my exposure to the digester, every other thing needed apart from the digester is very much available in Nigeria, Apart from the digester itself what is needed is PVC pipes, hose-like tubes , plastic taps for control and a slight modification around the on/off part of the regular gas cooker so that it can allow biogas to flow through as against the regular LPG it was initially made for,

Likewise slight modification is made to the regular diesel/petrol engine generators so that biogas would power it against the conventional petrol and diesel. As l have seen it power small generators like 'l better pass my neighbour'.

A big digester that can cook for about 30 people daily or specifically power a generator should cost about N90k as the amount of gas generated is dependent on size of the digester (the canvass/tarpaulin laid on the ground) and the waste fed into the digester.

Even if one is not around to use the gas generated, one can get a big canvass (like the suspended green canvass in the second picture) which is hung on a tree or a pole and since gas generated is not being used. it would be storing up in the suspended canvass and you can have neighbours tap from it on the grounds that they are feeding the digester(s) with waste in exchange for the gas.

this is quite educative and informative.
in as much as it is economical compared to the conventional hydrocarbon.

pls I will like to ask abt the effect on the environment. if each household decide to have one each, nigeria as example, everybody will wnt to have it own, odour from waste produce everywhere, air pollution, which can be inhaled, as well course diff kind of diseases and most especially for little children.

in this case pls it will be proper for you to enlightened us as well on the likely health effect and remedies.

am not trying to discourage pple on this, but for us to be more enlightened to know the positive and as well the negative effect. and if possible if their is anytin lik air purifier that can be use alongside this to contain any possible health effect on both human and as well animal in the community.

as you knw, if we nigerians goes for smtin, over craziness go follow am, when the negative effect start to occur, we will all shout and put the blame on our government.

Thank
Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by tomiobj(m): 7:36am On Mar 15, 2015
Derez nfn lyk aa video in ur linnk
Pavore9:
From my recent visit to a biogas centre in Kajiado County, the home of the Maasais in Kenya. The waste from the abattoir is used to generate biogas which fuels the big generator that powers the abattoir and they have also achieved packaging the biogas in a cylinder and it sells for half the price of the more common LPG.

lf you have some MBs to spare you can watch the less than 3 mins video of the possibilities biogas offers us all

Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by baba11(m): 7:46am On Mar 15, 2015
Pavore9:

Do you have any eBook on this?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Largest Pig Farm In Plateau State / Hunter Kills An Elephant At Janiyi Camp, Idanre, Ondo State. / Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.