Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,529 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

A Letter On How They Spent Their Christmas Holiday And He Wrote This (Pictures) - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Letter On How They Spent Their Christmas Holiday And He Wrote This (Pictures) (72945 Views)

I Am Depressed After My Son Wrote This / Nigerian Man Who Wrote JAMB 7 Times Tells His Story / "Three Friends & Their Careers": A Graduate Wrote This As A Book For Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Letter On How They Spent Their Christmas Holiday And He Wrote This (Pictures) by somegirl1: 10:31am On Mar 11, 2015
hardbody:

I do not disagree with you one bit. But do you think those kids being advertised to us as being admitted to Ivy league universities at ages below 10 are from outer space? Amazing how we just close our eyes to positive achievements and would rather dwell on the opposite. Na wa ooo. No vex abeg

No hard feelings.
I and my siblings left secondary school between the ages of 15 and 16 and most of us got into uni in the same year, no extraordinary feat.
One can leave secondary school at even 12 in Nigeria, not because they are exceptional, but because they have pushy parents who can influence it.
Being gifted is a blessing and should be celebrated however I don't believe children should be forced to grow up too early.
No one bothers about the personal and social lives of those 10yr old university students. They would never have a normal childhood and would never really experience the non academic aspects of university.
They'd be misfits, unable to relate with their agemates or with their coursemates.
No child of mine would be allowed to go to uni before they're 16, no matter how gifted they are. A normal childhood and balance are of more importance to me. Therefore I see no point in leaving secondary school at 10 and then having to wait 6yrs to get into uni.

1 Like

Re: A Letter On How They Spent Their Christmas Holiday And He Wrote This (Pictures) by parpylo(m): 11:07am On Mar 11, 2015
hmmmmm...dz az an APC handwriting all over it........#####climbs-pawpaw-tree-to-read-pplz-comments#####

1 Like

Re: A Letter On How They Spent Their Christmas Holiday And He Wrote This (Pictures) by pinkhill(f): 11:09am On Mar 11, 2015
Apart from him not concealing the name and school of the pupil....i don't see anything wrong, if in a class of above 20 and a student writes this.I t is not only pathetic, it also shows that the particular student is absent minded during classes and this letter portrays a lot of the student.

In true sense, the student is meant to be punished...if the student had written something on Christmas it would have been better to correct mistakes and re direct the student.....

to the op..check the particular student's note and ask him questions on why he wrote such a lengthy letter on love.....and who the recipient is or where the recipient is based.

3 Likes

Re: A Letter On How They Spent Their Christmas Holiday And He Wrote This (Pictures) by wese90(m): 1:27pm On Mar 11, 2015
sexyjennik:

Thank you for asking this question. I wanna know too cos every sane and insane topics makes FP these days.

You lack manner.. Despite the fact that the student went totally off topic and u still call this insane. Because you comments here does not give u right to insult Op and Mod. Is it by force u comment? Watch it, thank God these z all online.
Re: A Letter On How They Spent Their Christmas Holiday And He Wrote This (Pictures) by wese90(m): 1:29pm On Mar 11, 2015
gbosaa:
You should be ashamed of yourself for posting that online. You didn't even try to conceal the writer's name and name of school.

What kind of teacher are you. I think you should be sacked and be without a job for two years. Is there not anything like confidentiality act in that state?

You are very Phoolish mister. Your likes should not be allowed near children cos you do not understand what teaching profession is all about. You are an embarrassment. I hope the right people see this post, find you out and give you the treatment that you deserve. It's your like that make kids develop apathy to education with your criticisms and stup..idity.

Thank you for the comment, God z watching us all in 3D. Thanks for the condemnation, I pray u receive far more for every ignorance of yours
Re: A Letter On How They Spent Their Christmas Holiday And He Wrote This (Pictures) by wese90(m): 1:31pm On Mar 11, 2015
darmochy1:

God bless you for that. As far as I'm concerned, there's no difference btw his brain and that of d student. He suppose to be a mentor to that kid not ridiculing him in a public forum like this.

Op, if I were u, I'll personally guide the kid and help polish his writing and poetry skills. I don't care if what he was writing is abt love or not, all I'll care about is bringing out the best in him not turning him to a laughing stock.

If u have the privilege of teaching here, you will understand better. Moral; don't jump into conclusion. This is something am really mad at not something am making fun of.
Re: A Letter On How They Spent Their Christmas Holiday And He Wrote This (Pictures) by wese90(m): 1:32pm On Mar 11, 2015
darmochy1:

God bless you for that. As far as I'm concerned, there's no difference btw his brain and that of d student. He suppose to be a mentor to that kid not ridiculing him in a public forum like this.

Op, if I were u, I'll personally guide the kid and help polish his writing and poetry skills. I don't care if what he was writing is abt love or not, all I'll care about is bringing out the best in him not turning him to a laughing stock.
If u have the privilege of teaching here, you will understand better. Moral; don't jump into conclusion. This is something am really mad at not something am making fun of.
Re: A Letter On How They Spent Their Christmas Holiday And He Wrote This (Pictures) by wese90(m): 1:34pm On Mar 11, 2015
hardbody:

That author in the making communicated. Keep helping him. The handwriting is also superb. What class is the student? He is very articulate.

My views are mine

J.s.2. She z actually a girl. I made a typo error excluding (s) from the he above(topic)
Re: A Letter On How They Spent Their Christmas Holiday And He Wrote This (Pictures) by wese90(m): 1:36pm On Mar 11, 2015
pharmow:
Op, this is very wrong, you displayed the full identity of this young gal to the whole world. You should have sit her down and counsel her instead of bringing this to nairaland

Was mad @ her....Next time, I will definitely exclude details(info) from ma thread. The thread has been locked and I can't edit anymore.
Re: A Letter On How They Spent Their Christmas Holiday And He Wrote This (Pictures) by wese90(m): 1:38pm On Mar 11, 2015
lestat:
1. I don't think it's right for you to have posted this online as that student could sue you if this was a developed country, so frankly I don't think you should be a teacher as this goes against the ethics of the profession I am sure...

2. This must be GEj's secondary school script.

Thanks for the comment. Observation noted.

1 Like

Re: A Letter On How They Spent Their Christmas Holiday And He Wrote This (Pictures) by wese90(m): 1:39pm On Mar 11, 2015
pinkhill:
Apart from him not concealing the name and school of the pupil....i don't see anything wrong, if in a class of above 20 and a student writes this.I t is not only pathetic, it also shows that the particular student is absent minded during classes and this letter portrays a lot of the student.

In true sense, the student is meant to be punished...if the student had written something on Christmas it would have been better to correct mistakes and re direct the student.....

to the op..check the particular student's note and ask him questions on why he wrote such a lengthy letter on love.....and who the recipient is or where the recipient is based.

Thanks, will do that.
Re: A Letter On How They Spent Their Christmas Holiday And He Wrote This (Pictures) by wese90(m): 1:40pm On Mar 11, 2015
keetel:
lol,..... i guess you haven't being doing ur work as the teacher well.

God will judge us all.
Re: A Letter On How They Spent Their Christmas Holiday And He Wrote This (Pictures) by wese90(m): 1:40pm On Mar 11, 2015
Sissie:
Nonsense what sort of teacher are you?

Go back to the class and do a better job.

My dear, I wish u are in my shoe.
Re: A Letter On How They Spent Their Christmas Holiday And He Wrote This (Pictures) by wese90(m): 1:45pm On Mar 11, 2015
tolu4you:

op sorry to say this, you are very st.upid for posting this rubbish. you are not worthy to be a teacher. you are a disgrace to teaching profession.
you posted such a thing and you didn't erase the name of the school, the name of student and you dey call urself teacher..... oma ga ooooo
go and resign please

Tolu, thanks for the insult. Have been on nairaland since 2008 without insulting people. I just pray your mouth won't land you in trouble..
Re: A Letter On How They Spent Their Christmas Holiday And He Wrote This (Pictures) by wese90(m): 1:47pm On Mar 11, 2015
tolu4you:

op sorry to say this, you are very st.upid for posting this rubbish. you are not worthy to be a teacher. you are a disgrace to teaching profession.
you posted such a thing and you didn't erase the name of the school, the name of student and you dey call urself teacher..... oma ga ooooo
go and resign please
Re: A Letter On How They Spent Their Christmas Holiday And He Wrote This (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:52pm On Mar 11, 2015
wese90:

Thank you for the comment, God z watching us all in 3D. Thanks for the condemnation, I pray u receive far more for every ignorance of yours

You have no conscience bro, a student submitted that to you, what did you do? You laughed your azz off, ran to nairaland and posted it with his/her name and name of school for comic relief.

What is wrong with you?. If you or your predecessor did your job well, that kid would write better. I do laugh at silly things but this is not one of them. Did you think that your school or that kid would permit your act??. Pls take that pic off or obliterate the identities.
Re: A Letter On How They Spent Their Christmas Holiday And He Wrote This (Pictures) by wese90(m): 1:55pm On Mar 11, 2015
VictorSwift:
dear OP, what sort of teacher are you? You should even be ashamed that a student under your tutelage wrote this. Same way you just publicly ridiculed this kid by exposing his flaws to over a million people, the same way God who rewards us accordingly will Do to you at the right time. A wise scholar once said, only a ba.stard uses his left hand to describe his father's house

Amen: The same God will punish you for all your doings.
Re: A Letter On How They Spent Their Christmas Holiday And He Wrote This (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:55pm On Mar 11, 2015
wese90:

Would you be proud to post your picture here on nairaland with the picture of that essay?

Are you bold enough to do that?
Re: A Letter On How They Spent Their Christmas Holiday And He Wrote This (Pictures) by wese90(m): 1:57pm On Mar 11, 2015
VictorSwift:
dear OP, what sort of teacher are you? You should even be ashamed that a student under your tutelage wrote this. Same way you just publicly ridiculed this kid by exposing his flaws to over a million people, the same way God who rewards us accordingly will Do to you at the right time. A wise scholar once said, only a ba.stard uses his left hand to describe his father's house

Thank you; God will judge us all. I give you back that bastard.
Re: A Letter On How They Spent Their Christmas Holiday And He Wrote This (Pictures) by sexyjennik(f): 2:15pm On Mar 11, 2015
wese90:

You lack manner.. Despite the fact that the student went totally off topic and u still call this insane. Because you comments here does not give u right to insult Op and Mod. Is it by force u comment? Watch it, thank God these z all online.
Get lost mr and if it wasn't online,wat can u do? Stop ranting and go face ur teaching bizness and next time learn how to correct kids with love and not this ur show of shame u just exhibited. Nonsense

1 Like

Re: A Letter On How They Spent Their Christmas Holiday And He Wrote This (Pictures) by tolu4you: 3:26pm On Mar 11, 2015
wese90:

Tolu, thanks for the insult. Have been on nairaland since 2008 without insulting people. I just pray your mouth won't land you in trouble..
ok, thanks but what you did was wrong take it or leave it.
its against the teaching profession.

1 Like

Re: A Letter On How They Spent Their Christmas Holiday And He Wrote This (Pictures) by Gemc3(f): 3:41pm On Mar 11, 2015
holyokoto:

What was he thinking?
Her name is Blessing Sunday Pete, meaning she is a female, how do you come about this/ "he"

Some guys bear the name Blessing.
Re: A Letter On How They Spent Their Christmas Holiday And He Wrote This (Pictures) by wese90(m): 4:08pm On Mar 11, 2015
gbosaa:

Would you be proud to post your picture here on nairaland with the picture of that essay?

Are you bold enough to do that?

Check ma profile picture....
Re: A Letter On How They Spent Their Christmas Holiday And He Wrote This (Pictures) by Sissie(f): 6:26pm On Mar 11, 2015
wese90:

My dear, I wish u are in my shoe.

I have a teaching experience myself. So I don't need your shoe, but we both know that we have a bad educational system. If he had a better foundation he won't have written what he did.

Stop being angry. You should not be posting your pupil's work online but take it as a challenge to do better.

3 Likes

Re: A Letter On How They Spent Their Christmas Holiday And He Wrote This (Pictures) by onegig(m): 11:59pm On Mar 12, 2015
Sissie:

I have a teaching experience myself. So I don't need your shoe, but we both know that we have a bad educational system. If he had a better foundation he won't have written what he did.

I don't being angry but you should not be posting your pupil's work online but take it as a challenge to do better.

Everyone wants to sound like the village comedian nowadays.

It's the internet age and people would always take their backwardness to global levels. Imagine leaving the name and address of the pupil on the uploaded image.

Also, the op forgot that as a teacher, the failure of your student to assimilate or answer questions correctly is also a dent on your image and it also questions your capabilities to impact knowledge.

1 Like

Re: A Letter On How They Spent Their Christmas Holiday And He Wrote This (Pictures) by Sissie(f): 8:06am On Mar 13, 2015
onegig:

Everyone wants to sound like the village comedian nowadays.

It's the internet age and people would always take their backwardness to global levels. Imagine leaving the name and address of the pupil on the uploaded image.

Also, the op forgot that as a teacher, the failure of your student to assimilate or answer questions correctly is also a dent on your image and it also questions your capabilities to impact knowledge.

From this action of his, it's no surprise his pupil wrote that.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Meet The State That Have 15 University In Nigeria / School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 / Lady Wanted To Correct Covenant University Student But Was Embarrassed (Snapshot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.