Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,609 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

How Goodluck Jonathan Transformed Nigeria's Airports - Pics - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Goodluck Jonathan Transformed Nigeria's Airports - Pics (49486 Views)

Screening Of Passengers Begin At Nigerian Airports Against Ebola Outbreak. Photo / The Abuja-kaduna Airports: A Testimony - Reuben Abati / Airports Authority Increases Access Gate Charge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Goodluck Jonathan Transformed Nigeria's Airports - Pics by cigie(m): 10:27am On Mar 11, 2015
Impressed. Thank you Mr President.

GMB/PYO 2015

2 Likes

Re: How Goodluck Jonathan Transformed Nigeria's Airports - Pics by adelie(m): 10:27am On Mar 11, 2015
Thank you GEJ at least u cant be there for 6 years doing nothing but my vote still goes to Buhari.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Goodluck Jonathan Transformed Nigeria's Airports - Pics by hush15: 10:35am On Mar 11, 2015
Ilekeh:

Why won't I consider a pail placed in the middle of an airport to collect droplets of water coming through holes in the airport's roof negative?

If that's something you consider positive, then you need a mental check.

Brothers, the question is did he build the airport or not... If he did, to say the man is doing nothing is utterly unfair and if he didn't, then opposition comments are justified.

However, since his administration did, then it is an effort. Ofcourse, improvements are allowed, even to leaking roofs. Unlike the opposition, it is not his firm that built, manage and determines what goes to the government as revenue. He built it for tax payers with tax payers monies, managed by tax payers trusted civil servants. More interesting, you don't pay concession fees or toll charges for these Infastructure...

GEJ till APC has moved to Cotonou

3 Likes

Re: How Goodluck Jonathan Transformed Nigeria's Airports - Pics by Dammyjohn(m): 10:37am On Mar 11, 2015
President GEJ is working,PDP is progressing and Nigeria is moving forward.No more going back!Up GEJ!Up PDP!!!

3 Likes

Re: How Goodluck Jonathan Transformed Nigeria's Airports - Pics by Nobody: 10:38am On Mar 11, 2015
Pictures when carefully taken, do not lie.
I was at Port Harcourt last week and i can tell you that the airport is still as crappy as it was when i traveled there in January. I had to wait under a tent to get my luggage when i arrived and when i was leaving, the departure lounge didn't have properly functioning chillers. The construction has been ongoing for over 3 to 4 years now and still no end in sight.
I believe some people are getting rich by making sure this projects don't ever end.
The Yola Airport picture na big fat lie. You have to wait under the hot sun to receive your luggage when you arrive. The "departure hall" and I use that term loosely is a freaking shed.
Don't even get me started with the General Aviation Terminal(Domestic) at Ikeja. This airport was reopened in 2012 after reconstruction and its toilets are already experiencing wear and tear.
MM2 is still the best and that's because its under private management. i believe that's what they need to do with all the others.

4 Likes

Re: How Goodluck Jonathan Transformed Nigeria's Airports - Pics by Nobody: 10:46am On Mar 11, 2015
Rossikk:
The ongoing Murtala Mohammed International Airport Terminal (40,000 sqm) terminal expansion.

MMA Lagos - Picture shows E Wing Expansion & the New E Bridges

[img]http://i.imgur.com/7NR50Ev.jpg?1?6656[/img]

Murtala Mohammed Airport Terminal 1 (Domestic)

Vip Section

MMA 2 Lagos

Port Harcourt Int Airport
...................................[img]http://www.alumetal.ch/images/portharcourt_big.jpg[/img]

Dutse International Airport

Bauchi Airport

Sir Ahmadu Bello Int Airport Birnin Kebbi

Benin Airport
www.nairaland.com/attachments/866907_44535_545259588823266_678826447_n_jpg766a5985584513987f9c3f1170aaea94

Ilorin Airport

Akanu Ibiam Int Airport Enugu
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1116294_airport_4_jpgd78306b3c128780c4019e5a3d044dd57
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1116293_airport_3_jpg258fc6f4e76b02c788159689d982e353

Yola International Airport

Asaba Airport

Margaret Ekpo Int Airport Calabar

Aminu Kano International Airport, Kano

Nnamdi Azikiwe Int Airport Abuja - New Terminal Under Const

www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/6/5/7/1640756.jpg">

THIS IS LIKE A LITTLE KID IGNORANTLY THINKING THAT THE MOON ONLY SHINES IN THEIR HOUSE OR BELONGS TO HIS FATHER.

OP have you been to the airport of SA, Egypt, Morocco, Tunisia, even Kenya? Nigeria is too big for this crap after news of transformation agenda.
The facilities barely work properly
When you are pushing the trolleys to the north it will be going to south.
The immigration and custom still begging money and confiscating things that the owners didn't comply.
The flight "runway" na patch patch. The so called Ore-benin express way is smoother than MM airport Runway.
Non airport staffs and cattle still have access to the "runway" area without restriction.

FINALLY THE MONEY SPENT TO PUBLICIZE THIS AIRPORT ON TV AND BILL BOARD IS MORE THAN THE AMOUNT SPEND ON THE AIRPORT RENOVATION.

4 Likes

Re: How Goodluck Jonathan Transformed Nigeria's Airports - Pics by Controlled(f): 10:55am On Mar 11, 2015
anonimi:

Is that the answer to my question:

Where are the pictures of F.ass.hole's aloku scrap Totonto trains on which he spent $1 billion World Bank loan since 2011?

We go dey wait to see the pictures oh grin cheesy

may dos like u......who get paid to lie n deceive.....receive judgement.... grin grin grin since wen did inspectin train = to purchasin it.... angry angry grin
Re: How Goodluck Jonathan Transformed Nigeria's Airports - Pics by nortcentrallord(m): 10:56am On Mar 11, 2015
Rossikk:

You need to stay off the coke.
Not just the coke, but the pound of weed and the sower D he's been smoking and sniffing.

1 Like

Re: How Goodluck Jonathan Transformed Nigeria's Airports - Pics by Nobody: 10:57am On Mar 11, 2015
PDPwayoo:

THIS IS LIKE A LITTLE KID IGNORANTLY THINKING THAT THE MOON ONLY SHINES IN THEIR HOUSE OR BELONGS TO HIS FATHER.

OP have you been to the airport of SA, Egypt, Morocco, Tunisia, even Kenya? Nigeria is too big for this crap after news of transformation agenda.
The facilities barely work properly
When you are pushing the trolleys to the north it will be going to south.
Why don't you go and live in those perfect countries, or did they refuse you visa? I really don't know what some of you are still doing in this country. You know so many other 'better' countries out there, yet you still stick your backside to this one. Why do this to yourselves? Meanwhile we are getting overpopulated, so you won't be missed. Wetin hold una here? You have so many options.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Goodluck Jonathan Transformed Nigeria's Airports - Pics by mmsen: 10:59am On Mar 11, 2015
ogmask:

Abeg nor mind the op. The moment i saw ph intl and magret ekpo for the list i bow for lie.

This pple lie like fish i swear. Even the poultry in ilorin, yola etc were tagged remodelled. Na God go help us for this country.

You do realize that is not the front of Margaret Ekpo but the back?

They've been doing extensive work on that airport since, at least, 2013.

To say that it has not been renovated tells me that you haven't been there in the past 5 years or that you have other motive besides honest discourse.

1 Like

Re: How Goodluck Jonathan Transformed Nigeria's Airports - Pics by nortcentrallord(m): 10:59am On Mar 11, 2015
Rossikk:

When you swim in mental negativity, everything around you will be negative.

When a man allows negativity to become inate in him, that's what you get. You spoke my mind bro.

1 Like

Re: How Goodluck Jonathan Transformed Nigeria's Airports - Pics by hikmojj(m): 11:02am On Mar 11, 2015
Re painted airport
Re: How Goodluck Jonathan Transformed Nigeria's Airports - Pics by Controlled(f): 11:02am On Mar 11, 2015
fxtimi:
Pictures when carefully taken, do not lie.
I was at Port Harcourt last week and i can tell you that the airport is still as crappy as it was when i traveled there in January. I had to wait under a tent to get my luggage when i arrived and when i was leaving, the departure lounge didn't have properly functioning chillers. The construction has been ongoing for over 3 to 4 years now and still no end in sight.
I believe some people are getting rich by making sure this projects don't ever end.
The Yola Airport picture na big fat lie. You have to wait under the hot sun to receive your luggage when you arrive. The "departure hall" and I use that term loosely is a freaking shed.
Don't even get me started with the General Aviation Terminal(Domestic) at Ikeja. This airport was reopened in 2012 after reconstruction and its toilets are already experiencing wear and tear.
MM2 is still the best and that's because its under private management. i believe that's what they need to do with all the others.

this is y I get angry at dis PDP liars......who try to sell rubbish as good....as doh we don't know beta.........every airport in 9jeria is substandard n a disgrace apart fm mm2. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How Goodluck Jonathan Transformed Nigeria's Airports - Pics by mmsen: 11:02am On Mar 11, 2015
nortcentrallord:

Not just the coke, but the pound of weed and the sower D he's been smoking and sniffing.

Lol, that sour diesel is not to be played with.
Re: How Goodluck Jonathan Transformed Nigeria's Airports - Pics by nortcentrallord(m): 11:06am On Mar 11, 2015
deskossy:
2 many international airports in naija. What are their functions ? Airports in birnin kebbi and bauchi like wtf?waste of money

Northern politics. Those where the mistek of the past. Why do you think the north wants power back?
Re: How Goodluck Jonathan Transformed Nigeria's Airports - Pics by queensmith: 11:06am On Mar 11, 2015
Please show me the primary and secondary schools he has transformed.

Transforming the arrival wings of his buddies private jets. Look at the VIP sections. Since when do governments sponsor VIP sections?

Nigerians. . . .smh
Re: How Goodluck Jonathan Transformed Nigeria's Airports - Pics by Nobody: 11:08am On Mar 11, 2015
Port Harcourt and Enugu deserved more than this.
If not because of how Amaechi cried out FGN have already abandon the rehabilitation and the fulani hards men took the advantage for their cattle.

Most shoprite shopping malls are better than the so called transformed airport.
Have u been to a local airport in Malaysia?

3 Likes

Re: How Goodluck Jonathan Transformed Nigeria's Airports - Pics by texazzpete(m): 11:13am On Mar 11, 2015
Bitterleafsoup:
my friend what good money? From Texas where you are living pay check to pay check you did not contribute one kobo to taxes in 9 ja go and rest for work! Enemies of progress everywhere!

1. I don't live in Texas
2. I don't live 'paycheck to paycheck'. I make enough money not to have to resort to online sycophancy like you have to do to get by
3. I pay more in taxes to Nigeria in a year than your master does smiley

I have shared my observations based on my own personal experiences. If it bothers you so much, slither away, little worm cheesy

I can't wait for the elections to end so you clods that registered on Nairaland this year to post propaganda can melt away into obscurity.

3 Likes

Re: How Goodluck Jonathan Transformed Nigeria's Airports - Pics by Nobody: 11:15am On Mar 11, 2015
Controlled:
god punish dis liars in pdp...... grin grin grin for fake picsures... grin ;Dany1 who been to dos place like me will know it is a lie.... grin grin grin. airports in 9jeria r a disaster.

You are right. i have been to most of the airports in Nigeria and can tell you that these pictures are just a charade of lies. Asaba airport was built by Delta State Government. They close by six pm because flights can not land or take off in the night. Kaduna airport is a piece of shiat. Owerri airport is a disaster. MM2 Lagos is a national disgrace. Enugu airport was a colossal waste of public fund. Port Harcourt Airport is a story for another day. The list is endless.

4 Likes

Re: How Goodluck Jonathan Transformed Nigeria's Airports - Pics by Nobody: 11:20am On Mar 11, 2015
queensmith:
Please show me the primary and secondary schools he has transformed.
You do realise those generally are the responsibility of state govts - assuming you actually know the difference?

1 Like

Re: How Goodluck Jonathan Transformed Nigeria's Airports - Pics by MadCow1: 11:24am On Mar 11, 2015
Rossikk:

You need to stay off the coke.

But the Nigga ain't lying though..

Atleast I have seen MMA2 which was done by a Private group and remains the only worthy local airport.. Arik terminal is so bad, the Air Conditioning never works. MMA international is only wearing a new paint but everything is still shite in that Airport. PHC Airport as seen in that Picture is a scam.

Infact, I wonder why the FG keeps wasting our monies on these warehouses that would have to be rebuilt in the next 10 years, as against going out and building a Super Airport like we have in Nations like France, Canada, the UK and Asia.

Please, I am not the least impressed..

3 Likes

Re: How Goodluck Jonathan Transformed Nigeria's Airports - Pics by layinkakeem(m): 11:26am On Mar 11, 2015
WTF !!!!

What's the work of a president than to transform his country ? :/ ;/

If he doesn't transform his country who will
It is not new to me with what people are saying about him transforming naija,

What about AWOLOWO,NNAMDI AZIKWE & CO
They are the ones that built naija to this stage.
So it's not new to me if they say he's transforming naija !!!

If he wins this election !!!!
Am sure We will exchange dollar at the rate of #1,500 grin
But we need change now !!!
#saibuhari

2 Likes

Re: How Goodluck Jonathan Transformed Nigeria's Airports - Pics by queensmith: 11:27am On Mar 11, 2015
ROSSIKE:
You do realise those generally are the responsibility of state govts - assuming you actually know the difference?

Are the federal schools the responsibility of the state governments too? Or the federal roads which state governments have been forced to fix at their own expense?

That aside, please tell me what the purpose of a state government is in the face of a nationwide educational crisis? To the extent that people now travel to Ghana for education?
Re: How Goodluck Jonathan Transformed Nigeria's Airports - Pics by Nobody: 11:31am On Mar 11, 2015
MadCow1:

But the Nigga ain't lying though..

Atleast I have seen MMA2 which was done by a Private group and remains the only worthy local airport.. Arik terminal is so bad, the Air Conditioning never works. MMA international is only wearing a new paint but everything is still shite in that Airport. PHC Airport as seen in that Picture is a scam.

Infact, I wonder why the FG keeps wasting our monies on these warehouses that would have to be rebuilt in the next 10 years, as against going out and building a Super Airport like we have in Nations like France, Canada, the UK and Asia.

Please, I am not the least impressed..
If you had a functioning brain in your head, you would realise it makes far better economic sense updating the nation's various airports from their former decrepit states as opposed to building one "super airport" to assuage your inferiority complex in relation to France, Canada and the country of "Asia".

2 Likes

Re: How Goodluck Jonathan Transformed Nigeria's Airports - Pics by naira2dollar: 11:32am On Mar 11, 2015
bokohalal:
Asaba and Dutse airports were built by their respective state government.
WHO GAVE THEM ALLOCATIONS?

2 Likes

Re: How Goodluck Jonathan Transformed Nigeria's Airports - Pics by naira2dollar: 11:33am On Mar 11, 2015
bokohalal:
Asaba and Dutse airports were built by their respective state government.

WHO GAVE THEM ALLOCATIONS?

1 Like

Re: How Goodluck Jonathan Transformed Nigeria's Airports - Pics by nigerhead(m): 11:35am On Mar 11, 2015
smiley there are always 3 sides to a story : your side, my side and the truth which usually lies somewhere inbetween our views; but sometimes the truth is heavily in favor of one of the parties.

My side based on PERSONAL and RECENT experience: the MMA Airport International Arrival is nothing to write about, anybody that tells me that place was renovated and brings "pictures" is a blatant liar. Now if MMA that should be our model airport looks like that, in my mind it casts a shadow over the good stories about the other airports.

So with all the other pictures, I take a pinch of salt. Some of them might actually look as good as the op's pictures depict, but I am partly biased to believing the stories of folks that have said they have passed through some of those airports and they are nothing as depicted here.

2 Likes

Re: How Goodluck Jonathan Transformed Nigeria's Airports - Pics by Bawss1(m): 11:35am On Mar 11, 2015
otokx:
Port Harcourt airport is still under construction, those pictures are taking close up at night so that you can't see the arrival part that is just an embarrassment. The car pack too is horrendous.

I don't think Port Harcourt airport is still under construction, it appears to be completely abandoned. The arrival wing of that airport has remained in its abandoned state for a couple of years now and the tents put up in its stead have now assumed a permanent status.

While it is good that many of the airports have undergone some measure of renovation it is obvious that the quality of work done in many if not all of them is less than impressive.

The people listing the airport renovations for political points are not being completely honest with the state of things.
Re: How Goodluck Jonathan Transformed Nigeria's Airports - Pics by johnpalmer774(m): 11:37am On Mar 11, 2015
Lobolintin:

With what am seeing abeg make unah
Issue me PDP membership card ASAP..

FRONT PAGE ASAP GEJ TILL MY Neighbor stops using marykay

Been am the first to comment for the first time in this year on a front page...
Baba Jah daa lu
I thank my mother...
I thank my father..
I thank my neighbor, cox she dey allow me to jollof once in a while.. Under this harsh condition...
I thank my colleague them, for agreeing to Follow Our amiable president after much persuasion and facts...
And to my One and Only PEJ,I love ya mama Peace.......
To my President.. Thank you sir, for bringing this opportunity to Naija.. Lol...
And thank you sir Buhari for killing the Igbo children during the war..
As for me and my Entire Igbo race.... I didn't see my late uncle due to you Buhari... Ur squad gingered him....
And for that.. GEJ till I am allowed to Mary Pa Buhari cousin by my family

Mr Man am not against ur Comment but pls i will advice u to make ur Findings first do not base ur Judgement on this because it may turn out to be Propaganda , the reasons is that i once saw one Campaign Calender in my friend house in Ifako Ijaiye in Lagos and i saw a Road which Stated Haruna Road and i was like which Haruna road , The same Haruna that i normally pass through everyday til this Moment but seeing it in Calender and u are not living in Ifako i swear u will be raining Praises on the Local Government Chairman whereas his a Total Failure. ....investigate the Fact before making a Final Decision....Thank u
Re: How Goodluck Jonathan Transformed Nigeria's Airports - Pics by Nobody: 11:38am On Mar 11, 2015
queensmith:

Are the federal schools the responsibility of the state governments too? Or the federal roads which state governments have been forced to fix at their own expense?

That aside, please tell me what the purpose of a state government is in the face of a nationwide educational crisis? To the extent that people now travel to Ghana for education?
Start a new thread to discuss education and roads. And no, Jonathan does not fix primary schools. Not his job. When last did you visit a "federal school''?

1 Like

Re: How Goodluck Jonathan Transformed Nigeria's Airports - Pics by Lekmight1(m): 11:38am On Mar 11, 2015
Rossikk:
The ongoing Murtala Mohammed International Airport Terminal (40,000 sqm) terminal expansion.

MMA Lagos - Picture shows E Wing Expansion & the New E Bridges

[img]http://i.imgur.com/7NR50Ev.jpg?1?6656[/img]

Murtala Mohammed Airport Terminal 1 (Domestic)

Vip Section

MMA 2 Lagos

Port Harcourt Int Airport
...................................[img]http://www.alumetal.ch/images/portharcourt_big.jpg[/img]

Dutse International Airport

Bauchi Airport

Sir Ahmadu Bello Int Airport Birnin Kebbi

Benin Airport
www.nairaland.com/attachments/866907_44535_545259588823266_678826447_n_jpg766a5985584513987f9c3f1170aaea94

Ilorin Airport

Akanu Ibiam Int Airport Enugu
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1116294_airport_4_jpgd78306b3c128780c4019e5a3d044dd57
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1116293_airport_3_jpg258fc6f4e76b02c788159689d982e353

Yola International Airport

Asaba Airport

Margaret Ekpo Int Airport Calabar

Aminu Kano International Airport, Kano

Nnamdi Azikiwe Int Airport Abuja - New Terminal Under Const

www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/6/5/7/1640756.jpg">

This man is doing right thing at the wrong time, Nigerian needs security, our hausa brothers are dying in northern part of the country
Re: How Goodluck Jonathan Transformed Nigeria's Airports - Pics by Popemax(m): 11:41am On Mar 11, 2015
Jonathan is working.....have to been 6 of the airports.....GEJ till 2019

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photo Of The Bus Driver Involved In Fatal Accident That Killed 8 Edo Indigenes. / Total Number Of Foreigners In South Africa As At 2017- United Nations / Lagos Blue Line Trains On Their Way From China (Photos & Video).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.