Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,464 members, 7,819,689 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

How Goodluck Jonathan Transformed Nigeria's Airports - Pics - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Goodluck Jonathan Transformed Nigeria's Airports - Pics (49474 Views)

Screening Of Passengers Begin At Nigerian Airports Against Ebola Outbreak. Photo / The Abuja-kaduna Airports: A Testimony - Reuben Abati / Airports Authority Increases Access Gate Charge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Goodluck Jonathan Transformed Nigeria's Airports - Pics by DinhoMVP: 5:48pm On Mar 11, 2015
ROSSIKE:
Are you saying the Port Harcourt International Airport is NOT being remodeled?

It is more like an Abandoned Project that's all I can say cos its been almost Two Years they started your so called Re-Modelling
Re: How Goodluck Jonathan Transformed Nigeria's Airports - Pics by 1009ja: 5:51pm On Mar 11, 2015
Why don't you show the real PortHarcourt Airport arrival hall - the shame of our corrupt government. It looks like a small abandoned poultry hut.
Re: How Goodluck Jonathan Transformed Nigeria's Airports - Pics by mmsen: 5:54pm On Mar 11, 2015
ogmask:

I have travelled far and wide and i know improvement when i see one. I think the problem is we swallow anything shoved at us hook, line and sinker. What you call development/improvement is like perfume over shi..ite. I do not see any improvement in sight my dear talk less of recognising one. Visit airports in other countries you will see things differently.

Is it better than what it was?

Yes.

That is improvement.

The fact is for a long time things were allowed to rot in Nigeria - I'm not sure what the military were doing but they did not appear to be concerned with ensuring that anything worked as they were meant to, all the while they accrued debts. Compared to what it was the improvements are welcome.

I 'visit' airports in other countries, often. Not all of them are great or the world-class establishments that many people like to point to when comparing Nigerian airports. Most airports are functional and many airports abroad are decrepit. To constantly attack Nigerian airports suggests that your issue is not the airports but something deeper. The fact that you keep changing tact, from claiming the images are false to now stating that they do not match your exacting standards, suggests that you have ulterior problems.

No one is claiming that these are the best airports in the world, simply that work has been done to improve them from what they are. Progress has been made.

1 Like

Re: How Goodluck Jonathan Transformed Nigeria's Airports - Pics by stupor(m): 7:13pm On Mar 11, 2015
Very soon i am very sure the pictures i will be seeing next would be newly well decorated interiors of the Aso Rock and may be it may as well be great indices to our national growth,may be thats also an added development.or what do you think ?

In fact GEJ as done well ! *Shake my head*

Buhari for President o ! Dont be deceived !
Re: How Goodluck Jonathan Transformed Nigeria's Airports - Pics by ogmask: 7:25pm On Mar 11, 2015
mmsen:

Is it better than what it was?

Yes.

That is improvement.

The fact is for a long time things were allowed to rot in Nigeria - I'm not sure what the military were doing but they did not appear to be concerned with ensuring that anything worked as they were meant to, all the while they accrued debts. Compared to what it was the improvements are welcome.

I 'visit' airports in other countries, often. Not all of them are great or the world-class establishments that many people like to point to when comparing Nigerian airports. Most airports are functional and many airports abroad are decrepit. To constantly attack Nigerian airports suggests that your issue is not the airports but something deeper. The fact that you keep changing tact, from claiming the images are false to now stating that they do not match your exacting standards, suggests that you have ulterior problems.

No one is claiming that these are the best airports in the world, simply that work has been done to improve them from what they are. Progress has been made.

Firstly, i have never said the images are false. Wherever you guys got them frm thats your biz. wonder why you could only pick caly airport out of my initial post. You painte a pix like i have other motives. If a facility is under construction or undergoing renovation why post only pix of the part that apeals to you..visit ph intl arrival canopy and am sure you will hide your face in shame. But the pix of ph intl you pple posted said nothing of the arrival lounge. Why not tell the story the way it is. The op mentioned delta state airport as part of gejs achievement. That one na lie my guy. Na pure lie.

You pple are quick to show us the interiors of some airports but fail to do same for caly, phc etc. I even saw mm2 done by bi courney as gejs evening market.

In the global village we live in today nothing short of best practice should be copied. Its either you domit properly or nothing.

NO FOUL MOTIVE. JUST TALKING AS A STAKE HOLDER IN TNE NIGERIAN PROJECT.

1 Like

Re: How Goodluck Jonathan Transformed Nigeria's Airports - Pics by MadCow1: 8:27pm On Mar 11, 2015
ROSSIKE:
If you had a functioning brain in your head, you would realise it makes far better economic sense updating the nation's various airports from their former decrepit states as opposed to building one "super airport" to assuage your inferiority complex in relation to France, Canada and the country of "Asia".

Wow.. Rossike, what happened to your manners? This new behavior does not suit you at all..

Speaking of complex, I wonder how asking that we build super structures as against these mediocre halfassed buildings that are highly over - priced and built more for cheap political points and self enrichment rather than for the long term. If my holding the nation to the higher standards is what you term inferiority complex, then I guess that's what it is.

Beyond just being a transit point for flights, these major Airports do contribute to the economies of their various nations. The likes of Schipol International in Netherlands is an example.

I have seen bus and train stations that look better than Nigeria's best airport. A good example is the La Defense train station in Paris.

Nigerian Airports are site and that is a fact. Go online and read the reviews of passengers of our airports and weep.

1 Like

Re: How Goodluck Jonathan Transformed Nigeria's Airports - Pics by offor111: 8:52pm On Mar 11, 2015
God bless our president.

meanwhile GEJ till 2020/ till Biafra gain freedom........

1 Like

Re: How Goodluck Jonathan Transformed Nigeria's Airports - Pics by Rossikk(m): 9:14pm On Mar 11, 2015
MadCow1:

Wow.. Rossike, what happened to your manners? This new behavior does not suit you at all..

Speaking of complex, I wonder how asking that we build super structures as against these mediocre halfassed buildings that are highly over - priced and built more for cheap political points and self enrichment rather than for the long term. If my holding the nation to the higher standards is what you term inferiority complex, then I guess that's what it is.

Actually you had demanded we built ONE ''super airport''. Now it's ''build superstructures''. Make up your mind.

Beyond just being a transit point for flights, these major Airports do contribute to the economies of their various nations. The likes of Schipol International in Netherlands is an example.

Do you realise MMA 1 is being expanded by 40,000 sqm as we speak? It's the first picture on this thread. The new terminal will be world class. The main issue with the current terminal is that it is too small and inadequate for the huge number of passengers now using it. The 1970s planners of the airport never envisaged Nigeria would witness such massive economic expansion, to the point we're now Africa's largest economy.

I have seen bus and train stations that look better than Nigeria's best airport. A good example is the La Defense train station in Paris.
Nigeria is still a developing nation. Do you know France's annual GDP is $2.8 TRILLION? They can build anything they like.

Nigerian Airports are site and that is a fact. Go online and read the reviews of passengers of our airports and weep.

They should have seen the airports BEFORE Jonathan arrived. Then they would kuku hang themselves.

2 Likes

Re: How Goodluck Jonathan Transformed Nigeria's Airports - Pics by Dapocomen03: 9:27pm On Mar 11, 2015
cool.

Re: How Goodluck Jonathan Transformed Nigeria's Airports - Pics by Rossikk(m): 9:35pm On Mar 11, 2015
NEW DEPARTURE HALL VIDEO MMA 1 LAGOS - TAKEN JUST 2 MONTHS AGO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcp65Syw30Y
Re: How Goodluck Jonathan Transformed Nigeria's Airports - Pics by Nobody: 11:05pm On Mar 11, 2015
Rossikk:
NEW DEPARTURE HALL VIDEO MMA 1 LAGOS - TAKEN JUST 2 MONTHS AGO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcp65Syw30Y
Holy Moses! It looks like a mall! Huh! angry lipsrsealed cry cry cry
Re: How Goodluck Jonathan Transformed Nigeria's Airports - Pics by Nobody: 1:44pm On Mar 12, 2015
ROSSIKE:
Why don't you go and live in those perfect countries, or did they refuse you visa? I really don't know what some of you are still doing in this country. You know so many other 'better' countries out there, yet you still stick your backside to this one. Why do this to yourselves? Meanwhile we are getting overpopulated, so you won't be missed. Wetin hold una here? You have so many options.

Igbo man. when will u people have sense to make reasonable points?
Re: How Goodluck Jonathan Transformed Nigeria's Airports - Pics by Gmekx(m): 9:11pm On Mar 12, 2015
Rossikk:
The ongoing Murtala Mohammed International Airport Terminal (40,000 sqm) terminal expansion.

MMA Lagos - Picture shows E Wing Expansion & the New E Bridges

[img]http://i.imgur.com/7NR50Ev.jpg?1?6656[/img]

Murtala Mohammed Airport Terminal 1 (Domestic)

Vip Section

MMA 2 Lagos

Port Harcourt Int Airport
...................................[img]http://www.alumetal.ch/images/portharcourt_big.jpg[/img]

Dutse International Airport

Bauchi Airport

Sir Ahmadu Bello Int Airport Birnin Kebbi

Benin Airport
www.nairaland.com/attachments/866907_44535_545259588823266_678826447_n_jpg766a5985584513987f9c3f1170aaea94

Ilorin Airport

Akanu Ibiam Int Airport Enugu
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1116294_airport_4_jpgd78306b3c128780c4019e5a3d044dd57
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1116293_airport_3_jpg258fc6f4e76b02c788159689d982e353

Yola International Airport

Asaba Airport

Margaret Ekpo Int Airport Calabar

Aminu Kano International Airport, Kano

Nnamdi Azikiwe Int Airport Abuja - New Terminal Under Const

www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/6/5/7/1640756.jpg">

I dunno bout the others but for the Port Harcourt International Airport they should take pictures of the tent they have inside. This is just propaganda to get votes. If Jonathan think he is capable he should let his works speak and stop the lip service, doesn't mean that I prefer a former dictator though

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

US Makes $10,000,000 From Nigeria In Rejected Visa Applications / Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? / Lagos Blue Line Trains On Their Way From China (Photos & Video).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.