Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,097 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages (19520 Views)

Hot: How To Activate 20GB Free For 20naira On Mtn / Open Letter To Ncc On Mtn Zone Tariff Plan / Open Letter To NCC Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by machidoh: 12:47am On Mar 11, 2015
Dear NCC,

Please take action on MTN. I can no longer stand
my inbox, no thanks to them. This madness has
been going on for a couple of months but it
reached its crescendo mid-last month.

I feel these messages are a form of punishment to
me concerning the last letter I wrote to MTN. I have called 180 twice to complain of this but each time,
the customer service guy cuts me off with ‘Thank
you for calling maam’.

These messages sometimes comes in form of flash
messages, meaning, if I carelessly touch my screen,
ME and MY CREDIT ARE FINISHED FOR LIFE!

How can they ask a grown up like me to
text indomie to 5030 to know the colour of
indomie pack. Are they mad or stupid?

I should text YES to 5038 if I am tired of being
broke. Do they know who my father is?

I should text IQ for daily riddles. Don’t I have better
daily problems to solve?

All these messages costs N50 naira. Are they that
desperate?

This is coming at a time I have four creditors. I’m on
the verge of hypertension each time my inbox
blinks. Rather than get credit alerts, here is what I
received.

This is how it all began! I receive four spam
messages within three hours. A summary of my
inbox that week.

I sms stop to opt out. Lai lai dem no gree. They
replied me with the same spam!

Finally, I became humble. I had to plead with them
but my pleas fell on deaf ears reason I had to make
this public.

I also want to us this opportunity to make three
facts clear to MTN.

1. I will never ever buy any callertunez! The sooner
they stop telling me to text 33112 to 4100 to
receive olodo girl (WTH does that mean anyway) as
callertunez, the better for them.

2. I have and will never be ill. Stop insulting me by
asking ‘Are you tired of getting ill?’ Have some
F***ING RESPECT FOR YOUR SUBSCRIBER!

3. They send me messages as early as 4am. Are
these people witches or wizards?

These messages would have been understandable
if I won my phone from them.

I am honestly tired of being victimised. Looking at
the dates of the messages, this letter is long
overdue. When I attempted to write last week, they
doubled my airtime balance by 100% but I came back to my senses when the unused credit was
withdrawn from my phone at midnight.

Please NCC, don’t advise me to port to another
network. For some weird reasons I’m stuck with
them that’s why I need this change.

I have been tolerating MTN for 9 years.

I have been an Arsenal fan for 9 years.

I have been banking with ECOBank for 9 years.
PHCN has been my sole provider of power supply.
(Generator spoilt 9 years ago)

I have been single for 9 years.

Do you guys feel the pain of a Nigerian girl?
NCC, please do something!

My email address is machidoh@gmail.com
should MTN need my three MTN phone numbers to
effect this change.

Thank you.

Sunloaded.com

204 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by vjsmiles: 12:50am On Mar 11, 2015
how will this
stop their ministry grin

5 Likes

Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by Ishilove: 12:55am On Mar 11, 2015
That awkward moment when your phone beeps and you rush to it thinking a bank credit alert has entered, or even better, a job interview with chevron has finally been sent to you... You quickly open and see "Talk for FREE for more than 10mins this weekend when you recharge N100 & above. Simply recharge with *888*12 Digit PIN#! Valid till 11.59pm on Sunday"

cry undecided :-| angry

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by Koroaso: 12:57am On Mar 11, 2015
********IN A COUNTRY THAT WORKS********

*******THERE IS SUPPOSE TO BE ADEQUATE REGULATION OF GSM**********

*******EVEN THIS RECHARGE CARD BUSINESS IS SO OUTDATED********

*******THESE GSM COMPANIES ARE MILKING NIGERIANS EVERYDAY********

*******THERE IS NO WHERE IN THE WORLD WITH GSM AS EXPENSIVE AS NIGERIA**********

*******THERE IS A HOUSE COMMITTEE ON TELECOMMUNICATIONS BUT GUESS WHAT,ONCE THEY POCKET THEIR "PAYMENT" NIGERIANS BEAR THE BRUNT***********

*******WHAT DO U EXPECT FROM A SENATE WITH A LEADER WHO SAID GSM IS NOT FOR POOR PEOPLE********

*******VOTE OUT CORRUPTION*********

GMB/PYO

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by Nobody: 12:57am On Mar 11, 2015
Simple: Vote the incompetent leader out, for CHANGE is now inevitable!

-CramJones

35 Likes

Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by tzoracle: 12:58am On Mar 11, 2015
Mtn and dstv be like

Nigerians are enjoying too much money

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by Maczeelly(m): 12:58am On Mar 11, 2015
Tell them ooooooo
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by Nobody: 12:59am On Mar 11, 2015
cramjones:

-CramJones

This matter is not political....it is a private company harrying us, and NCC doing naught about it.

MTN....una don hear?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by Nobody: 1:00am On Mar 11, 2015
E dey pain me esp when it is that time of the month.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by stinggy(m): 1:00am On Mar 11, 2015
You can't be as pissed as I am presently.
If it's not silly texts from MTN then it is those needless calls from glo, using real phone numbers (daytime and at night angry). Infact I feel I'm been singled out for such treatment embarassed cry

machidoh:

I have been single for 9 years.
shocked Beht Y sad angry
grin grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by mrofficial(m): 1:00am On Mar 11, 2015
Airtel is also annoying with their calls. They call me everyday. These days, I don't bother to pick the phone because Truecaller app gives the community identity. lol.

5 Likes

Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by bighead1(m): 1:00am On Mar 11, 2015
cramjones:
-CramJones

Which one is competent, and which is not cos i do not understand your stand (Pardon my killer english)

6 Likes

Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by gbengaoa(m): 1:01am On Mar 11, 2015
this is not just MTN. its a vas broadcast and it comes from all gsm networks in nigeria. i receive from glo and etisalat too so lets not direct this to MTN alone.
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by Odunharry(m): 1:01am On Mar 11, 2015
mtn Na big time thief ..

Dem Don try tire make I subscribe for caller tunes I get strong head pass Dem... anybody make no like the dun dun sound make him go

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by Stevano007(m): 1:02am On Mar 11, 2015
Frustration... Especially when I dey expect Bank Alert .... They Even Offered me "Kissing by Yemi Alade" for 100 naira.. Did it.. Till now iam still expecting the Kiss.. .. NCC intervene. . Cause Deris God and Blood dey Hot 4 Street

11 Likes

Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by Nobody: 1:02am On Mar 11, 2015
gbengaoa:
this is not just MTN. its a vas broadcast and it comes from all gsm networks in nigeria. i receive from glo and etisalat too so lets not direct this to MTN alone.

Exactly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by urchbarbie(f): 1:02am On Mar 11, 2015
Seriously it hurts like craz*e. D msgs drop in like ure being paid to receive the. I really hope NCC can provide a lasting solution to dis prblm. If d msgs come from d service provider, its understandable, but no, its from scamers. I hate dis issue like seriously.

3 Likes

Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by Nobody: 1:02am On Mar 11, 2015
Airtel i hope you get this too. I'm a fan of Airtel but your spam messages are depressing! Stop it or you lose a customer!

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by chyckxx(m): 1:03am On Mar 11, 2015
Just incase
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by ItsAnderson: 1:04am On Mar 11, 2015
Nnn

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by hamaworld(m): 1:04am On Mar 11, 2015
If u see any love message on my phone, is from Mtn....
Just fill up my phone with stupid SMS.
Don't worry diaris god
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by Vikkie14: 1:05am On Mar 11, 2015
What do you expect from "eMpTy heN". Their texts don tire person. The rate at which their spam messages pops up is faster than a Ferari. I received "countless" numbers of texts from 5021,5032, 53370,33070,33050,4100,57225, 50250, 756, 180, 32025,5024, 5023, 5071 etc. What about calls? Hmm... Unending calls to join one "Scamming/ Siphoning/ Style stealing/ Smart duping" call from eMpTy heN. The worst is that they would deduct one's money and minutes later, send a text that "50 naira had been deducted from your account"(WTF without even activating any promo). They are worst than BH. Even armed robber better them-- armed robber will steal your money once but these telecom giants will steal from you steadily and slowly-- an act of killing the person slowly. I've lost count of people complaining about eMpTy heN caller tune deduction they never activated. Am a victim of eMpTy heN's daily #50 deducted for services i knew NOTHING about. They are receiving more CURSE than BLESSING.
eMpTy heN MTN

12 Likes

Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by hadura29(m): 1:06am On Mar 11, 2015
cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by Jengbetiele: 1:07am On Mar 11, 2015
He be like say me don dey date MTN o, they send me message before waking up in the morning, after waking up, when I am at work, during the day and even when I get back home after a long day work before I sleep. I taya oooo!

4 Likes

Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by danchuzzy(m): 1:08am On Mar 11, 2015
cramjones:

-CramJones

Bros I think say you get sense before. now I know say you DULL!!!

What is the relationship between MTN spam messages and the questionable political change you are clamouring for

Werin concern fowl and toothbrush?

19 Likes

Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by benitwater(m): 1:10am On Mar 11, 2015
ncc should pls do something about our network providers,the rate@which they deduct your money is much.
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by KoloOyinbo(m): 1:11am On Mar 11, 2015
It was worse for me. I am an Oyinbo from Belfast in the Uk/Ireland. I resumed travelling back and forth to Naija in October after a break from travel. I got a MTN sim for my dual sim phone.

Every time I leave Naija I like to put say 500n on my phone so that when I return and land at MM1 I can call the driver and contact my friends without having to change money and look for credit!

They did not charge me for SMS messages while in Naija so I left the SIM card in. THEY DO CHARGE FOR THEM WHEN YOU ARE OUT OF NAIJA! AND AT EXPENSIVE 'ROAMING RATES'. I did not know and when I returned my 500n was down to about 8! Just enough to flash my fiancée so she could call me and then send me credit!

What a scam!

Needless to say the card is now removed on departure just after 'wheels up'!

5 Likes

Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by kinibigdeal(m): 1:11am On Mar 11, 2015
cramjones:

-CramJones

3 Likes

Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by bobo65(m): 1:13am On Mar 11, 2015
Lol
Anyways buy your durable and reliable samsung powerbanks
call or whatsapp 07032443577

https://www.nairaland.com/1896675/brand-new-samsung-power-bank#31505366
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by bobo65(m): 1:13am On Mar 11, 2015
Stevano007:
Frustration... Especially when I dey expect Bank Alert .... They Even Offered me "Kissing by Yemi Alade" for 100 naira.. Did it.. Till now iam still expecting the Kiss.. .. NCC intervene. . Cause Deris God and Blood dey Hot 4 Street

Lmao

Omo my own na call up number I dey wait make nysc send give me... e b like say mtn know ...them wan use all sorta text kill me dat day...if not dat I have temper control ..I for don throw my phone go wall dat day

But I don finally get call up alert #Godwin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by WhiZTiM(m): 1:14am On Mar 11, 2015
Subscribed!
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by kelobestline(m): 1:14am On Mar 11, 2015
lol.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Is That Habbit/character You Did As A Child But Still Do Now You Are Grown / Change Of Name In Newspaper publication / Pictures Of Flood In Egan-Igando, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.