Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,545 members, 7,823,392 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

Buhari Must Serve 2 Terms –APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Must Serve 2 Terms –APC (18924 Views)

North Must Complete Buhari’s 2 Terms If He Resigns Or War / Buhari Must Die Church Program PHOTOS / Buhari Must Be Screened If He'll Be The Petroleum Minister - Senators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Must Serve 2 Terms –APC by SEHHYTEX(m): 5:50am On Mar 11, 2015
The All Progressives Congress (APC) has debunked the notion being peddled by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) that Gen. Muhammadu Buhari will spend only one term in office if elected president, saying it is the creation of the PDP, which is seeking to play a section of the country against another.

“The APC will not abridge the right of Gen. Muhammadu Buhari to spend the constitutionally-guaranteed two terms as President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria if elected in the March 28 poll,” the party said in a statement issued in Lagos yesterday by its National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed.

“No conditionality whatsoever was attached to Gen. Buhari’s candidacy. He won the party’s primaries fair and square in a globally acclaimed transparent manner, and he was neither a compromise nor a consensus candidate, hence, there is no need for him to make a deal with anyone.

“We are therefore, telling Nigerians to disregard the tales by the moonlight, which some PDP elements are yarning, in their desperation to muddle the waters ahead of the forthcoming elections and create disaffection between a section of the country and another,” it said.

The APC said it had ignored the myth all along because it was being peddled by fringe elements in the PDP, but decided to put the record straight once and for all after those who were thought to be saner elements in the ruling party started parroting the same incredulous lies.

“This myth that Buhari will spend one term, after which power will return to the South-West, is along the same line as the outlandish claim that our Vice Presidential candidate, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, has sworn to an oath to resign in favour of Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu once elected.

“The question to ask is: When will the PDP stop this campaign of calumny and character assassination against our candidates and leaders? When will they stop this one-day, one-lie nonsense?

“The truth is that Gen. Buhari’s candidacy has brought out the worst in the PDP leadership and supporters, including Mr. President and his wife. Unfortunately for them, the more they campaign against our candidate, the more popular he becomes. Perhaps the PDP would have stood a better chance of winning the forthcoming polls if its state governors, in particular, have devoted as much time and energy to running their states as they have devoted to maligning Gen. Buhari,” the party said.

Alhaji Lai Mohammed
National Publicity Secretary
All Progressives Congress (APC)
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=108602

23 Likes

Re: Buhari Must Serve 2 Terms –APC by bisi16(m): 5:53am On Mar 11, 2015
2 terms? Hmm! Una go use ona hand loose dis election now.

93 Likes

Re: Buhari Must Serve 2 Terms –APC by ELTON123(m): 5:58am On Mar 11, 2015
Vote buhari:
vote change:
hit like button if u are in support

158 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Must Serve 2 Terms –APC by Oklander: 5:59am On Mar 11, 2015
We will see after his first term!

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Must Serve 2 Terms –APC by disloman(m): 6:06am On Mar 11, 2015
Don't tell mi PDPings av accepted defeat o.If they could say such thing.

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Must Serve 2 Terms –APC by egift(m): 6:06am On Mar 11, 2015
PDP always playing dirty like Pigs. They are yet to finish 2015, they want to drag APC into 2019 Politics. All these are nothing but distraction tactics.

A Presidential Tenure is 4yrs. If you do well and wish to contest again, Nigerians can make that decision.

Things must Change this month. No Distractions.

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Must Serve 2 Terms –APC by raumdeuter: 6:12am On Mar 11, 2015
Wetin concern PDP for this? Cant they just mind their candidate and defend his 5yr regime?

WHen a candidate cant stand on his own achievements he starts chasing shadows all over

Now it is settled. Buhari would spend 2 terms.

Jonathan hope you have packed your loads

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Must Serve 2 Terms –APC by oluwafemi113(m): 6:12am On Mar 11, 2015
By God grace

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Must Serve 2 Terms –APC by Zico5(m): 6:13am On Mar 11, 2015
I don't see anything strange in it if he serve second term in as much as the performance is overwhelming okay. There are areas that people re expecting changes in this country and any sensible president must make them a priority. If he can do well in security, eradication of corruption and employment opportunity as well as setting a road map in electricity generation in his first term, people will surely vote him for second term. I believe the change we re all waiting for is here. Whatever may happen I have decided to vote for Buhari. Vote for Buhari is vote for change and vote against clueless one.

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Must Serve 2 Terms –APC by korel9: 6:13am On Mar 11, 2015
What gives these e-goats (APC) the confidence that he's (GMB) even going to serve one term talk more of two? angry

That guy (GMB) is a walking corpse.

If na lie let him also go for a fitness trek like GEJ did. grin

96 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari Must Serve 2 Terms –APC by noblealuu: 6:13am On Mar 11, 2015
Election una never win na problem of how many terms Buhari go serve be una headache.
kiss
Dnt jump d guns dear APC, take it one day @ a time! embarassed

56 Likes

Re: Buhari Must Serve 2 Terms –APC by justi4jesu(f): 6:14am On Mar 11, 2015
Too early for Change cheesy

GEJ Till 2019

76 Likes

Re: Buhari Must Serve 2 Terms –APC by seunlayi(m): 6:14am On Mar 11, 2015
somebody that is already tired from campaign, who is yet to win any election, surrounded by sycophants, ....... is already talking about second term in office. When will the youth become leaders of tomorrow? when will this old repackaged military and political leaders retire? never again will Nigeria be ruled by GMB. To hell with you and your change whatever.

91 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Must Serve 2 Terms –APC by Vicotex(m): 6:14am On Mar 11, 2015
see all these mumu o, Watin dem wan try tell us? Buhari must serve 2 terms with cows before he pass on.
huh?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Must Serve 2 Terms –APC by makzeze: 6:14am On Mar 11, 2015
We must reject those who propagate, lies, hatred, ethnicity, divisiveness, sectionalism or seek to manipulate our religious differences in such cynical fashion.
On our part, we will remain undeterred: our commitment is to bring about change in the way we live and think and work in this nation; and our goal is to ensure a decent existence for all. And, by the Grace of God, that is what we will do—we will remain true to our commitment and we will achieve our goal.

May God bless Nigeria and its people for all time.

Long live GMB/PYO!
Long live APC!
Long live Federal Republic of Nigeria!

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Must Serve 2 Terms –APC by oluwafemi113(m): 6:14am On Mar 11, 2015

Getting ready to match uncle Jonathan out with our PVC....

Change is all we need for one Nigeria and better Nigeria

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Must Serve 2 Terms –APC by Vicotex(m): 6:15am On Mar 11, 2015
[s]
egift:
PDP always playing dirty like Pigs. They are yet to finish 2015, they want to drag APC into 2019 Politics. All these are nothing but distraction tactics.

A Presidential Tenure is 4yrs. If you do well and wish to contest again, Nigerians can make that decision.

Things must Change this month. No Distractions.
[/s]rubbish

oluwafemi113:

mY papa na mumu,
Sai Buhari till my papa Get sense

Oga dem need to quarantine you, b4 your insanity surface.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Must Serve 2 Terms –APC by Nobody: 6:15am On Mar 11, 2015
Change is the only constant thing

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Must Serve 2 Terms –APC by shakur4luv(m): 6:15am On Mar 11, 2015
shey for jail?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Must Serve 2 Terms –APC by justi4jesu(f): 6:15am On Mar 11, 2015
oluwafemi113:

Getting ready to match uncle Jonathan out with our PVC....

Chane is all we need for one Nigeria and better Nigeria

Chain abi tongue

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Must Serve 2 Terms –APC by Youngzedd(m): 6:16am On Mar 11, 2015
Aso Rock look like him papa house abi?

He better get ready to hand over come 2019

I have problem voting someone for second tenure. Just three positions I can't vote for second tenure.

1) President
2) Governor
3 LGA Chairman

4 years is enough for someone to perform.

Sai Buhari

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Must Serve 2 Terms –APC by MabraO: 6:16am On Mar 11, 2015
Nothing to comment
Re: Buhari Must Serve 2 Terms –APC by Nobody: 6:16am On Mar 11, 2015
He hasn't gotten one, you want two?

15 Likes

Re: Buhari Must Serve 2 Terms –APC by tolu4you: 6:16am On Mar 11, 2015
see them
Buhari must serve two terms......? Must....?
I pity these people that call themself APC, na chatham won give them the 2terms or nigeria?
even one term you no fit get let alone 2terms.
election postponement don cause law of diminishing return against apc

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Must Serve 2 Terms –APC by princeonx: 6:16am On Mar 11, 2015
As much as i dislike GEJ's government, I strongly doubt if Buhari will EVER rule Nigeria again.

And to those shouting that "the change we need or want is here should please zip it"

Until an Igbo man can run or rule in Lagos State or a yoruba run or rule in imo, or either run or rule in Kano State, we are way too far from change.
Africa is still buried in darkness when it comes to politic or actual change in government.

Come to think of it, 65-75% of those shouting buhari on NL or shouting for change which could be better or worse (do I look like 4fn god) were not here or born 30+ years ago when he first ruled! Even if you were born, most of you/us were way too young to be so sure of this man. He is just too desperate for my liking!

I actually went online to see if any country's presidential candidate won after 3 trials, nna men, Buhari, e be like say you go fashi that thing till next time/world! Smh!

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Must Serve 2 Terms –APC by okosodo: 6:17am On Mar 11, 2015
Person neva fit serve one term una dey force am for second term. I dey suspect una

17 Likes

Re: Buhari Must Serve 2 Terms –APC by Barselonia(m): 6:17am On Mar 11, 2015
like PDP Don accept defeat oooo.... negotiating on term

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Must Serve 2 Terms –APC by bewla(m): 6:18am On Mar 11, 2015
Let him no perform we go stone am i no go mind in old age he better perform

1 Like

Re: Buhari Must Serve 2 Terms –APC by adioolayi(m): 6:19am On Mar 11, 2015
If you do well, will you not be accepted? Gen4:7

Let #GMB finish his first term, then Nigerians will decide.

#PDPAcceptingDefeat
#GeneralMarch4Buhari

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Must Serve 2 Terms –APC by Chiefpriest1(m): 6:20am On Mar 11, 2015
Let am win first na. I think the APC is afraid of what the north's reaction to the insinuation would be. Otherwise, this is a non-issue

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Onitsha An Anmbra Man Will Never Show You. / Shuaibu Emerges Obaseki’s Running Mate! / Nigerians To Pay More For Fuel As NASS Passes PIGB, Imposes 5% Fuel Levy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.