Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,431 members, 7,815,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

A 2 Day Old Baby Abandoned By The Roadside Named After Okoya-Thomas - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A 2 Day Old Baby Abandoned By The Roadside Named After Okoya-Thomas (28627 Views)

This Guy Celebrates His Mum Who Sold Food By The Roadside For 30 Years / Baby Abandoned In The Bush 2 Weeks After Birth Now Named Oluwapelumi / 3-Day-Old Baby Abandoned In Front Of A Church In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A 2 Day Old Baby Abandoned By The Roadside Named After Okoya-Thomas by Sanuzi(m): 10:43pm On Mar 11, 2015
JESUS .SOME PPLE GET LIVER SHA

1 Like

Re: A 2 Day Old Baby Abandoned By The Roadside Named After Okoya-Thomas by queensmith: 10:43pm On Mar 11, 2015
Poor baby, did nothing to deserve being born in such a place. . . . .God be with him.

1 Like

Re: A 2 Day Old Baby Abandoned By The Roadside Named After Okoya-Thomas by Nickymezor(f): 10:44pm On Mar 11, 2015
GboyegaD:
Some mothers are heartless. If you are not ready to take responsibilities for your actions then zip up.
So true...d mama is indeed heartless undecided

1 Like

Re: A 2 Day Old Baby Abandoned By The Roadside Named After Okoya-Thomas by mmsen: 10:45pm On Mar 11, 2015
I hope they find and sterilize the lady who dumped this baby.

1 Like

Re: A 2 Day Old Baby Abandoned By The Roadside Named After Okoya-Thomas by etcme(m): 10:45pm On Mar 11, 2015
chai! All ds baby you people are dumping...
Re: A 2 Day Old Baby Abandoned By The Roadside Named After Okoya-Thomas by bamidele2015: 10:45pm On Mar 11, 2015
[color=#990000][/color]GET CHEAP DATA BUNDLES AT VERY LOW RATE MTN 300GB FOR 3000, AIRTEL 250gb FOR 3000, GLO 300GB FOR 3000, ETISALAT 300GB FOR 3000 call 07062471665 DATA WORKS ON ALL DEVICE BOTH MOBILE AND PC
Re: A 2 Day Old Baby Abandoned By The Roadside Named After Okoya-Thomas by bamidele2015: 10:46pm On Mar 11, 2015
GE[color=#770077][/color]T CHEAP DATA BUNDLES AT VERY LOW RATE MTN 300GB FOR 3000, AIRTEL 250gb FOR 3000, GLO 300GB FOR 3000, ETISALAT 300GB FOR 3000 call 07062471665 DATA WORKS ON ALL DEVICE BOTH MOBILE AND PC
Re: A 2 Day Old Baby Abandoned By The Roadside Named After Okoya-Thomas by watered(m): 10:48pm On Mar 11, 2015
kowema:
The mother wud just be by d corner watching and taking note.......25 years later, she wud show up like some evil night mare in the child's life n start causing trouble...I feel God is just too calm sometimes
Yes He's too calm even in judging you for your own wickedness and sins. Better wise up and desist from saying God is too calm rather He's only being merciful and compassionate.

2 Likes

Re: A 2 Day Old Baby Abandoned By The Roadside Named After Okoya-Thomas by Chinatownm(m): 10:48pm On Mar 11, 2015
To Bleep is very easy. Oya pikin don show, everybody on d run. Maka y
Re: A 2 Day Old Baby Abandoned By The Roadside Named After Okoya-Thomas by victorazy(m): 10:50pm On Mar 11, 2015
echobee:
Heartless woman angry.

U fit ugly quick with this kind of face grin
Re: A 2 Day Old Baby Abandoned By The Roadside Named After Okoya-Thomas by harry509: 10:51pm On Mar 11, 2015
oludashmi:
A two-day old baby abandoned by the roadside on Sunday has been named after a late businessman and philanthropist, Molade Okoya-Thomas.

It was gathered that the baby was first sighted around 4pm at Marina, close to Wema Bank Plc. He was later picked up by a Good Samaritan who runs a non-governmental organisation in Lagos.

The baby, it was learnt, was subsequently taken to the family support unit of the Nigeria Police Force, Adeniji Adele Division. From there, he was on Monday handed over to the Lagos State Government who had since taken responsibility for the child.

Speaking on the incident, the President of Afribaby Initiative, Dr. Oscar Odiboh, the man who found the baby, explained that he got a call and acted promptly to save the baby.

He said, “I got a distress call on Sunday that a baby had been abandoned by the roadside at Marina. I left everything I was doing and rushed to the scene.

“While I was heading for the scene, I contacted the police and some medical personnel to be on standby. On getting there, I discovered that the baby was abandoned inside a kiosk. People were gathered and just watching, cursing the mother. Nobody dared to go near the baby. A few minutes after I got there, the police arrived and I was allowed to carry the baby. We took him to the station and I handed him over to the family support unit of the police at the Adeniji Adele Police Station.”

When asked on how he came about the name Okoya-Thomas for the baby, he said the whole idea was to immortalise the late philanthropist, who was passionate about child support.

He said, “Knowing that the police would transfer the baby to the appropriate government agency, and in order to create an identity for the baby, I decided to name him after Chief Okoya-Thomas.

“Coincidentally, I was wearing one of his burial attires on that day and the baby, who we have adjudged to be about two days old, might have been born the same day our he was buried,” he added.

A police officer in the family support unit of the station, where little Okoya-Thomas was taken to, told our correspondent that the baby was now with the Office of Youth and Social Development and asked our correspondent to direct his enquiries there .

An official in the office, who identified herself as Idowu, the Child Protection Officer, confirmed that the baby was brought on Monday and had been handed over to an orphanage.

When asked for the name of the orphanage Okoya-Thomas was transferred to, she said, “The baby is doing very well and has been transferred to an orphanage. Sorry I can’t tell you more than that for now.

“We have our procedure. Once a child is in government custody, we dont disclose information about that child.”

http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/baby-found-by-roadside-named-after-okoya-thomas/
women ummmmmM! Their hrt is as deep as india ocean. Sum married women Rr movin 4rm one place 2 anoda seekn 4 fruit of d womb y sum Rr busy dumpn their's as waste product. God bless dat man n d baby. MOST NIGERIAN WOMEN NEED DELIVERANCE I swear
Re: A 2 Day Old Baby Abandoned By The Roadside Named After Okoya-Thomas by goshen26: 10:52pm On Mar 11, 2015
may u b great in life. may u not become our Oga at d top, that have turned national house to sex house
Re: A 2 Day Old Baby Abandoned By The Roadside Named After Okoya-Thomas by mizsofiee(f): 10:53pm On Mar 11, 2015
TOO BAD
Re: A 2 Day Old Baby Abandoned By The Roadside Named After Okoya-Thomas by NebJane07: 10:54pm On Mar 11, 2015
Aww too bad..d baby can't be 2days old thou.i don't get d headline
Re: A 2 Day Old Baby Abandoned By The Roadside Named After Okoya-Thomas by Misogynist2014(m): 11:01pm On Mar 11, 2015
You'll make it child. A lot of women nowadays are heartless.

1 Like

Re: A 2 Day Old Baby Abandoned By The Roadside Named After Okoya-Thomas by Misogynist2014(m): 11:02pm On Mar 11, 2015
NebJane07:
He was found when 2 days old.
Re: A 2 Day Old Baby Abandoned By The Roadside Named After Okoya-Thomas by princeonx: 11:02pm On Mar 11, 2015
oplerio:
Nice moove
shocked what's nice about it? Abi you just typed that to book space?
Re: A 2 Day Old Baby Abandoned By The Roadside Named After Okoya-Thomas by nkkystel(f): 11:03pm On Mar 11, 2015
Na wa oooo! People are wicked sha. Then, what's the essence of carrying the pregnancy for 9 months and afterwards abondon the child.
Ooooh you abandon the child cos of money- baby food. Abeg wetin do that natural food that God Almighty has fixed and atmost the 10/20 naira pap you'll buy or in the days of our fathers was there anything like baby food.
Lets stop this wickedness (I mean to the wicked ones), if you know you ain't ready for a child then zip up!
Re: A 2 Day Old Baby Abandoned By The Roadside Named After Okoya-Thomas by cococandy(f): 11:06pm On Mar 11, 2015
If more irresponsible men stood up and face their responsibilities, less teenage girls would dump their babies by the road side.
So while we are casting stones on the mother, let us spare some blame for the father. He contributed to this child's plight.

Tenk you kiss

3 Likes

Re: A 2 Day Old Baby Abandoned By The Roadside Named After Okoya-Thomas by Coldfeet(f): 11:07pm On Mar 11, 2015
Better this than abortion!

Thank God she didn't throw the baby into a dumpster or gutter!

Thank God she didn't strangle the baby like one couple did theirs!

Thank God the baby was found alive and will be taken care of!

May God forgive us all.

Those cursing the mother remember Moses had to be abandoned in other to save his life...

We don't know what pushed the mother to do such only God knows.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A 2 Day Old Baby Abandoned By The Roadside Named After Okoya-Thomas by Coldfeet(f): 11:10pm On Mar 11, 2015
NebJane07:
What do you mean by a baby can't be 2 days old? Please specify.
Re: A 2 Day Old Baby Abandoned By The Roadside Named After Okoya-Thomas by Nobody: 11:23pm On Mar 11, 2015
Vicjustice:
[size=20pt]THE EVIL THAT WOMEN DO LIVES AFTER THEM[/size]

After them? Not at all
It lives with them...Karma
Re: A 2 Day Old Baby Abandoned By The Roadside Named After Okoya-Thomas by macanu(m): 11:25pm On Mar 11, 2015
Check it well d mother maybe around wen she drop the baby she is far 4rm d child.who knows.......but I wonder y she do dat act. poverty sha
Re: A 2 Day Old Baby Abandoned By The Roadside Named After Okoya-Thomas by Vicjustice: 11:39pm On Mar 11, 2015
ObiChiz08:

After them? Not at all
It lives with them...Karma
Sure, it lives with them and still continues to live after they are gone
Re: A 2 Day Old Baby Abandoned By The Roadside Named After Okoya-Thomas by Mourin(f): 11:55pm On Mar 11, 2015
Ladies if u knw u cant take responsibility 4 d consequence of ur actions, pls stop opening ur legs n zip up angry

1 Like

Re: A 2 Day Old Baby Abandoned By The Roadside Named After Okoya-Thomas by imitor4us(m): 12:08am On Mar 12, 2015
Well this is one of the signs of the end time the bible is talking about. I don't know how someone will give birth to a child and will think the next thing is to dump the baby else when some people are on the mountains asking for God to bless them with a child. This is illarious.
Okoya jnr may you continue to enjoy God's favour every days of your life.
Re: A 2 Day Old Baby Abandoned By The Roadside Named After Okoya-Thomas by Krasid(m): 12:10am On Mar 12, 2015
Wicked world.

1 Like

Re: A 2 Day Old Baby Abandoned By The Roadside Named After Okoya-Thomas by Adelekebalogun: 12:44am On Mar 12, 2015
NIGERIA CUSTOMS SERVICE(NCS) RECRUITMENT FORM (REPLACEMENT) IS CURRENTLY ON SALES,2015 RECRUITMENT TRAINING OF THE SERVICES IS ON FOR ENTRY..CONTACT SUPRITENDENT MRS FAITH NO. QUALIFICATIONS NEEDED ARE:- 0,LEVEL, NCE, LABTECH, ND, OND, HND, BSC. ALL INTERESTED APPLICANT ARE TO VISIT OUR WEBSITE OR CALL THE OFFICER INCHARGE OF THE FORM ON HOW TO GET IT. INQUIRIES AND PURCHASE CONTACT THE RECRUITMENT OFFICE ON HOW TO GET IT. NAME:SUPRITENDENT MR ADE NO:08066442502
Re: A 2 Day Old Baby Abandoned By The Roadside Named After Okoya-Thomas by Tekzyflex(m): 1:43am On Mar 12, 2015
What is the difference between young girls that do abortion steady(some of them are even saying evil mother) and the one that dumped the baby knowing fully well that someone will rescue the baby.
Re: A 2 Day Old Baby Abandoned By The Roadside Named After Okoya-Thomas by MzQueen(f): 3:38am On Mar 12, 2015
It's so sad sad cry
Re: A 2 Day Old Baby Abandoned By The Roadside Named After Okoya-Thomas by Nobody: 5:23am On Mar 12, 2015
GboyegaD:
Some mothers are heartless. If you are not ready to take responsibilities for your actions then zip up.

And what if she was raped nko? Or have mental illness?

Nigerians, doing knee jerk reaction since 1960
Re: A 2 Day Old Baby Abandoned By The Roadside Named After Okoya-Thomas by Nobody: 5:25am On Mar 12, 2015
Adelekebalogun:
NIGERIA CUSTOMS SERVICE(NCS) RECRUITMENT FORM (REPLACEMENT) IS CURRENTLY ON SALES,2015 RECRUITMENT TRAINING OF THE SERVICES IS ON FOR ENTRY..CONTACT SUPRITENDENT MRS FAITH NO. QUALIFICATIONS NEEDED ARE:- 0,LEVEL, NCE, LABTECH, ND, OND, HND, BSC. ALL INTERESTED APPLICANT ARE TO VISIT OUR WEBSITE OR CALL THE OFFICER INCHARGE OF THE FORM ON HOW TO GET IT. INQUIRIES AND PURCHASE CONTACT THE RECRUITMENT OFFICE ON HOW TO GET IT. NAME:SUPRITENDENT MR ADE NO:08066442502

Scam.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Santa Thread / 57-Year-Old Man Impregnates His Wife's Sister In Ebonyi State / My Husband Starves Me Of Sex – Pregnant Wife Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.