Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,876 members, 7,813,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

Atheists Have A Religion - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists Have A Religion (22428 Views)

SIX Extremely Ridiculous Beliefs Atheists Have And Their Simple Rebuttals / Atheists 'have Higher Iqs' - Daniel Bates (1) / Atheism And Morality; Do Atheists Have A Foundation For Morality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists Have A Religion by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:16pm On Mar 14, 2015
Pr0ton:

I see. Arguing with you would just be a waste of time. You took "of course we worship" and avoid "but then worship is ambiguous" to make your blind argument. You only dealt with one of the definitions of worship and discard any other definition because you knew it would make your argument absurd and make you look silly, which it, in fact, is now.

Worship means "to show respect for God, or a god, especially by saying prayers, singing etc"

Worship also means "to love and admire SOMEBODY very much"

The second definition was what I meant with "of course we worship", but you dishonestly forced the first definition into my mouth.

Clearly seen, the religious worship is different from the normal, as the former is spiritual and latter is natural.

"Yoruba says man is a spirit" doesn't give your argument any merit. We are arguing based on standard definitions, and not some biased beliefs.

Next time when you are in court, tell the judge that you are a thief but you only still because you doesnt think it against the law.

Next pls
Re: Atheists Have A Religion by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:20pm On Mar 14, 2015
johnydon22:

That google have a definition of God as influencial person doesnt mean the person is a deity boy...

The first two definitions are deities, the third and last are not.. its quite clear from the definitions..

As for your link about humans being deities, that now falls to you superstitious belief... the bible said, yoruba spirituality said... lmao... thats exactly what atheist say we dont buy...smiley

talk about hateist?

Hating anything or running away from the three letter word GOD?
Re: Atheists Have A Religion by Pr0ton: 4:20pm On Mar 14, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Next time when you are in court, tell the judge that you are a thief but you only still because you doesnt think it against the law.

Next pls

Can you yourself draw out a sense from what you posted above?

2 Likes

Re: Atheists Have A Religion by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:24pm On Mar 14, 2015
Pr0ton:

He is just being biased in choosing words. He neglects other meanings and cherrypick the ones that fit his point, which doesn't have merit at all.

I choose one from among many definition and religion concept which you all fail to drill yourself out of.

This is not about christianity or islam that you love to hate. This is about conception of God.

Atheist says they dont belief in god but what conception of god are they referring to? If you choose one, what happenes to next?

Atheists don't believe in God, But are you just talking about the Christian God what about spinoza's god?

God is spinozism is Nature just like Mother Earth.

If you say you dont believe in Spinoza god, you are just insane because nature does exist
Re: Atheists Have A Religion by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:26pm On Mar 14, 2015
Pr0ton:

Can you yourself draw out a sense from what you posted above?

Yes.

We worship.

But.

I dont need your but. You worship. Game over
Re: Atheists Have A Religion by johnydon22(m): 4:28pm On Mar 14, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Did you see pantheistic definition of God among google difinition?

The only religious definition there points to christianity and islam. Is those two the only religion in the world?

I tire for you people o

You see how ignorant you can be even in your own argument?

1. (in Christianity and other monotheistic religions) the creator and ruler
of the universe and source of all moral authority; the supreme being.......[size=20] here God is defined in terms of monetheism, christianity, islam, babism, druze, cao daiand numerous other monotheic religious concept of God.. This definition pints to a supernatural being, that is a deity..[/size]

2. (in certain other religions) a superhuman being or spirit worshiped as
having power over nature or human fortunes; a deity.[size=20] this definition encompasses a wider scope of deities dabbling into ploytheism concept of supernatural beings (deities)..[/size]

3. an adored, admired, or influential person...[size=20] And this is where your confusion lies.. this definition is purely humanized and not supernatural deified...[/size]
4. the gallery in a theater.…[size=20] and this definition is sorely material not humanized or supernatural (deified).. [/size]

So you see, these four definitions are very different from each other..Your problem is bringing your absurd belief that humans are Deity-like Gods and try to reconcile it with the 3rd definition..

So boy keep your belief to where it is belief...smiley

1 Like

Re: Atheists Have A Religion by johnydon22(m): 4:30pm On Mar 14, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Yes.

We worship.

But.

And worship here means? smiley

1 Like

Re: Atheists Have A Religion by Pr0ton: 4:33pm On Mar 14, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

I choose one from among many definition and religion concept which you all fail to drill yourself out of.

This is not about christianity or islam that you love to hate. This is about conception of God.

Atheist says they dont belief in god but what conception of god are they referring to? If you choose one, what happenes to next?

Atheists don't believe in God, But are you just talking about the Christian God what about spinoza's god?

God is spinozism is Nature just like Mother Earth.

If you say you dont believe in Spinoza god, you are just insane because nature does exist

Atheism is the lack of belief in God(s)

Ok.. Lemme put it this way. It is the lack of belief in the supernatural.

I have a hard time with your "God is nature." I'd only accept that as a personal definition, but never as a standard definition.

Personal definition doesn't count in public argument like this. They only make sense in your own mind.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Have A Religion by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:33pm On Mar 14, 2015
johnydon22:

You see how ignorant you can be even in your own argument?

1. (in Christianity and other monotheistic religions) the creator and ruler
of the universe and source of all moral authority; the supreme being.......[size=20] here God is defined in terms of monetheism, christianity, islam, babism, druze, cao daiand numerous other monotheic religious concept of God.. This definition pints to a supernatural being, that is a deity..[/size]

2. (in certain other religions) a superhuman being or spirit worshiped as
having power over nature or human fortunes; a deity.[size=20] this definition encompasses a wider scope of deities dabbling into ploytheism concept of supernatural beings (deities)..[/size]

3. an adored, admired, or influential person...[size=20] And this is where your confusion lies.. this definition is purely humanized and not supernatural deified...[/size]
4. the gallery in a theater.…[size=20] and this definition is sorely material not humanized or supernatural (deified).. [/size]

So you see, these four definitions are very different from each other..Your problem is bringing your absurd belief that humans are Deity-like Gods and try to reconcile it with the 3rd definition..

So boy keep your belief to where it is belief...smiley

Bro stop hiding behing the word supernatural. Everything in nature is super pls.

The ancient egyptian kings are deified but there is nothing supernatural about them. They are just men like you.

Show me where pantheism is there among those definition above.

Are there no devas in buddhism? What is supernatural in devas pls? Those definitions highlighted are pointing to some religion; probably christian and islam. It doesnot have anything to do with religion generally.

That put aside, show me where pantheism is in the definition.
Re: Atheists Have A Religion by johnydon22(m): 4:34pm On Mar 14, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

talk about hateist?

Hating anything or running away from the three letter word GOD?

Lolzz your comprehension is child-like... smiley

The first two deified definitions, we say do not exist..smiley

the third means a different thing
and so does the last....

Why dont you try and deify a theater gallery too since its called God too...grin

1 Like

Re: Atheists Have A Religion by Pr0ton: 4:35pm On Mar 14, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Yes.

We worship.

But.

Typical of a silly bigot.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Have A Religion by Nobody: 4:37pm On Mar 14, 2015
Johnydon22 Pr0ton

Men, una get time. I don tire. When you cool down to think that the OP itself doesn't make sense, what more? Why argue with someone who clearly doesn't know the meaning of words undecided

3 Likes

Re: Atheists Have A Religion by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:39pm On Mar 14, 2015
Pr0ton:

Atheism is the lack of belief in God(s)

Which concept of God?

Pr0ton:

Ok.. Lemme put it this way. It is the lack of belief in the supernatural.

Disbelief in supernatural is not atheism. Many believers in God do not believe in supernatural. In short, everything in nature is super, so keep the supernatural crap somewhere.

Buddhist believe in devas but do not believe in supernaturals. This does not make them an atheist.

Atheism from a theo mean no god and not no supernatural.

Stop bending fact.

Pr0ton:

I have a hard time with your "God is nature." I'd only accept that as a personal definition, but never as a standard definition.

Personal definition doesn't count in public argument like this. They only make sense in your own mind.

Spinoza god is nature. This is not personal.

Mother Nature is a pantheist God. It mean planet earth and this is not personal.

Money is God in many polytheism religion, this is raw paper money and this is not personal.

Reading your lines prove atheism is directionless.
Re: Atheists Have A Religion by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:41pm On Mar 14, 2015
johnydon22:

And worship here means? smiley

Acknowledging worth of something or someone.

It always directed to a/some deities.

Whatever that deity is or represent is not my prob. What is important is deity.
Re: Atheists Have A Religion by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:42pm On Mar 14, 2015
Pr0ton:

Typical of a silly bigot.

Jonnydon quote what you quoted and replied without insult. What is your own problem?
Re: Atheists Have A Religion by johnydon22(m): 4:42pm On Mar 14, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Bro stop hiding behing the word supernatural. Everything in nature is super pls.

The ancient egyptian kings are deified but there is nothing supernatural about them. They are just men like you.

Now here is where your confusion lies... Deifying ancient kings still doesnt make them deities..smiley.. its just a silly belief and the type we atheists reject.. gerrit?
FOLYKAZE:

Show me where pantheism is there among those definition above.
Clearly this your pantheic definition of God is missing from your link..remember you gave this link grin
FOLYKAZE:

Are there no devas in buddhism? What is supernatural in devas pls? Those definitions highlighted are pointing to some religion; probably christian and islam. It doesnot have anything to do with religion generally.
they are devas in buddhism which still is their belief and atheist reject such absurd beliefs...
@bolded... it was talking about monotheic religions, their are thousands of them out there, clearly you only know of two (xtianity n islam) You need to read more boysmiley
FOLYKAZE:

That put aside, show me where pantheism is in the definition.
It's your link and you brought up pantheism here, is it not weird how this pantheic God definition is missing from your google link definition of God? cheesy
Pantheism still falls into the dimension of belief...smiley

Now be a good boy and go do your homework.smiley

1 Like

Re: Atheists Have A Religion by johnydon22(m): 4:46pm On Mar 14, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Acknowledging worth of something or someone.

It always directed to a/some deities.

Whatever that deity is or represent is not my prob. What is important is deity.

And this answers it all... i acknowledge the worth of my girl friend smiley
But this doesnt imply she is a deity sheey you now grab smiley

1 Like

Re: Atheists Have A Religion by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:47pm On Mar 14, 2015
johnydon22:

Lolzz your comprehension is child-like... smiley

The first two deified definitions, we say do not exist..smiley

the third means a different thing
and so does the last....

Why dont you try and deify a theater gallery too since its called God too...grin

It is a step at a time na.

The third reflect in definition one.

In christianity, man is a god. Does this makes me superman?

The problem is you are ignorant with concept of god.

The third rolls into the first in christianity.

When Jesus said to the congregation that 'ye are gods'. Does this mean we aint existing?

As of the second, polythesim, you dont wanna go there, you would become dirty.
Re: Atheists Have A Religion by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:49pm On Mar 14, 2015
johnydon22:

And this answers it all... i acknowledge the worth of my girl friend smiley
But this doesnt imply she is a deity sheey you now grab smiley

There is god of love. Osun in yoruba.

Your gal represent that. Like the bible says, your body is a temple of God.

You actually know nothing about religion. Trust me.

Let me ask, is your gal a conscious being?
Re: Atheists Have A Religion by Pr0ton: 4:49pm On Mar 14, 2015
@FOLYKAZE

I've got to hang out with my girlfriend now and do more important stuffs that worth my time. Arguing with you will valuelessly eat into my time, as we'll be going backing to the argument you and Johnydon22 and DPorDG had; making us run in directionless endless circle.

And a piece of advice. Go learn how to argue. And learn some linguistic, too.

[size=20]Don't quote me.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Atheists Have A Religion by Pr0ton: 4:52pm On Mar 14, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Jonnydon quote what you quoted and replied without insult. What is your own problem?

I couldn't bear your doltishness. It's nasueating.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Have A Religion by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:56pm On Mar 14, 2015
johnydon22:

Now here is where your confusion lies... Deifying ancient kings still doesnt make them deities..smiley.. its just a silly belief and the type we atheists reject.. gerrit?

A deified object is already a deity.

johnydon22:

Clearly this your pantheic definition of God is missing from your link..remember you gave this link grin

Influencial person defined as god is not pantheistic concept.

I provided a link defining god as influencial person.

The talk about pantheism arise when I said planet earth is Gaia, Mother Nature, a goddess.

This is not among the definitions in my provided link. I am right though.

johnydon22:

they are devas in buddhism which still is their belief and atheist reject such absurd beliefs...

But athist like Sam Harris can mediate and practise buddhism?

How can you do that without stemming into religion?

johnydon22:

@bolded... it was talking about monotheic religions, their are thousands of them out there, clearly you only know of two (xtianity n islam) You need to read more boysmiley

Do not try me there.

johnydon22:

It's your link and you brought up pantheism here, is it not weird how this pantheic God definition is missing from your google link definition of God? cheesy
Pantheism still falls into the dimension of belief...smiley

pantheism is a concept not belief sir.

johnydon22:

Now be a good boy and go do your homework.smiley

Lets discuss with some respect. I aint your boy.
Re: Atheists Have A Religion by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:57pm On Mar 14, 2015
Pr0ton:

I couldn't bear your doltishness. It's nasueating.

Okis.

Now get of my mention
Re: Atheists Have A Religion by johnydon22(m): 4:59pm On Mar 14, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Which concept of God?
let me try correct your misguided assertions one last time after which am done... The concept of God he is referring to clearly is the first two definitions in the google link you gave..

FOLYKAZE:

Disbelief in supernatural is not atheism. Many believers in God do not believe in supernatural. In short, everything in nature is super, so keep the supernatural crap somewhere.

Buddhist believe in devas but do not believe in supernaturals. This does not make them an atheist.

Atheism from a theo mean no god and not no supernatural.
Clearly yes atheists disbelief everything supernatural..
saying many believers in God (deity) do not believe supernatural is laughable cus this (deified) concept of God is defined to supernatural..

Buddhist believe in devas, let us see what devas means Deva ( देव in Devanagari script) is the Sanskrit word for deity . so you see, it means deity and deity clearly is a supernatural entity.
so such belief is absurd and someone that holds such a belief is in no way classified an atheist..
FOLYKAZE:

Stop bending fact.

Spinoza god is nature. This is not personal.

Mother Nature is a pantheist God. It mean planet earth and this is not personal.

Money is God in many polytheism religion, this is raw paper money and this is not personal.

Reading your lines prove atheism is directionless.
Spinoza God is nature, that is his personal view..

nature is God is pantheism that is their personal view

Money is God is some religions as you assert, that is their view and should be applied universally cus you and i clearly know you do not agree with the concept of money being a deity..

Are we clear now?? smiley

1 Like

Re: Atheists Have A Religion by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:15pm On Mar 14, 2015
johnydon22:
let me try correct your misguided assertions one last time after which am done... The concept of God he is referring to clearly is the first two definitions in the google link you gave..

There is one rule I am in tune with. It is learning. You are claiming to know lot when you actually knows nothing sir.

If the first two definition is what atheism is in for, what happens to other conceptions of God?

Where would you throw pantheism to? And note, Yoruba spiritualism is simple a naturalistic pantheism. Yet we the Yoruba acknowledge the existence of Orisha (deity, every individual is an Orisha in Yoruba spirituality).

If you are against the two concept of God, we can actually agree you are anti-theist and not atheist. Because in other theist concept, 'theos is not ruled out. And theos is a very important issue in atheism.

Let me explain.

Gaia is a goddess

Atheist do not believe in existence of Goddess/god.

If you know what goddess gaia represent, you would know you and other atheists are insane.

johnydon22:
Clearly yes atheists disbelief everything supernatural..
saying many believers in God (deity) do not believe supernatural is laughable cus this (deified) concept of God is defined to supernatural..

The bold said This (talking about a particular) concept of God.

And not All (talking about totality) concept of God.

This is where you get it wrong.

In pantheism, there is nothing like supernaturals. With them, everything in nature is super. So go and look for your supernatural elsewhere.

johnydon22:
Buddhist believe in devas, let us see what devas means Deva ( देव in Devanagari script) is the Sanskrit word for deity . so you see, it means deity and deity clearly is a supernatural entity.

Devas have no supernatural attributes.

Buddhist do not have anything to do with supernatural.

Yes Deva is a deity but it has nothing to do with superntaural. There is no supernatural attributes in devas

johnydon22:
so such belief is absurd and someone that holds such a belief is in no way classified an atheist..

Tell this crap to Sam Harris.

He is a renowed atheist. And he a pratitioner buddhist. Not so?

He practise a religion with some non-believable devas. And he is an atheist.

Holy-me

johnydon22:
Spinoza God is nature, that is his personal view..

nature is God is pantheism that is their personal view

Money is God is some religions as you assert, that is their view and should be applied universally cus you and i clearly know you do not agree with the concept of money being a deity..

You actually dont know what a deity is.

Yes money is a deity. In yoruba, we call it Orisha Aje. Because of it been a deity, the bible warn christians from worshipping it.

And there is nothing personal about nature seen as deity. You should actually admit you are ignorant about this concept.
Re: Atheists Have A Religion by folaski: 5:40pm On Mar 14, 2015
johnydon22:
[size=20] they were more than 300 gospels available during the council of nicene of which only 4 got voted into the bible by emperor Constantine and other church fathers.. most of the early now called gnostic gospels were not added cus it clearly contradicts each other just like even the four sypnostic gospels contradict themselves too but with similarities..[/size]

pls document your claims. what is your source ?
Re: Atheists Have A Religion by folaski: 5:46pm On Mar 14, 2015
waoo! it is only reasonable to define atheists as people worshiping a god they don't know and who don't know they are worshiping.
shi ke nan.
Re: Atheists Have A Religion by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:01pm On Mar 14, 2015
folaski:
waoo! it is only reasonable to define atheists as people worshiping a god they don't know and who don't know they are worshiping.
shi ke nan.

A panpsycist defines god as a consciousness and deduced that everything is god.

And when an atheist tells panpsychist that god does not exist, the panpsychist would think they are mad.

To a pantheist, god is natural world. When atheist tell pantheist god do not exist, they would be classifed as insane folks.

When atheist tell a yoruba spiritualist that god does not exist, he will be looked at as a fool because to the yoruba, every individual including to the atheist is a god.

God existence in this three theological conception cannot be rule out and create flaws in atheism.
Re: Atheists Have A Religion by folaski: 7:42pm On Mar 14, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

And when an atheist tells panpsychist that god does not exist, the panpsychist would think they are mad.

To a pantheist, god is natural world. When atheist tell pantheist god do not exist, they would be classifed as insane folks.

When atheist tell a yoruba spiritualist that god does not exist, he will be looked at as a fool because to the yoruba, every individual including to the atheist is a god.

God existence in this three theological conception cannot be rule out and create flaws in atheism.
you always hit it.
Re: Atheists Have A Religion by AgentOfAllah: 8:33am On Mar 16, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

WTF??

To me, and probably every sane person who reads the above, FOLYKAZE is a pathological Mo.ron. As such, no matter how sound his arguments may be, any attempt to disprove his inanity should land on deaf ears because such arguments are naturally flawed by the definitive, sacrosanct and divine nature of the opinion I have expressed about his person.

There, I just proved atheists worship a god!

1 Like

Re: Atheists Have A Religion by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:30am On Mar 16, 2015
AgentOfAllah:

WTF??

To me, and probably every sane person who reads the above, FOLYKAZE is a pathological Mo.ron. As such, no matter how sound his arguments may be, any attempt to disprove his inanity should land on deaf ears because such arguments are naturally flawed by the definitive, sacrosanct and divine nature of the opinion I have expressed about his person.

There, I just proved atheists worship a god!

Seriously apart from the insults, I dont understand your point.
Re: Atheists Have A Religion by AgentOfAllah: 12:11pm On Mar 16, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Seriously apart from the insults, I dont understand your point.

FOLYKAZE Logic 101

Formal statement: Irrelevant opinions may be resorted to when establishing a logical truth.

Structure: {insert irrelevant opinion}, {insert consequential logical truth}

EXAMPLE 1: {To the Yoruba spiritualists, every individual is a god}, {so this creates flaws in the atheist arguments}.
EXAMPLE 2: {To me, FOLYKAZE is a pathological mo.ron}, {so this creates flaws in whatever defence he may invoke to prove me wrong}

I'm sure you can think of other examples.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman To Bloggers & YouTubers: Insult Me But Pay Me (Video) / Beauty Can Be Deceptive; Don't Be Deceived / CAN Reacts To The Murder Of Evangelist Eunice Olawale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.