Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Eating In The Bus ? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Eating In The Bus ? (4829 Views)

Eating In Group With Bare Hand In Same Plate.(pix) / My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: / Eating In-front Of Strangers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eating In The Bus ? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:55am On Oct 02, 2009
. . . . . . . . wink
estagirl:

That is wonderful.That woman will spit in her room.(charity begins at home.)
Re: Eating In The Bus ? by Fhemmmy: 10:36pm On Oct 03, 2009
It is just not hygenic.
I even hate people eating beside me like that.
In your own car, no wahala, but public, people will cough, some will sneeze, and you will eat all that
Re: Eating In The Bus ? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 10:49pm On Oct 03, 2009
[size=13pt]Yeah Yeah Yeah and Yeah You're right. . .no comment wink[/size]
Fhemmmy:

It is just not hygenic.
I even hate people eating beside me like that.
In your own car, no wahala, but public, people will cough, some will sneeze, and you will eat all that
Re: Eating In The Bus ? by eldee(m): 1:49am On Oct 07, 2009
@ceasyc
It's jst disrespectful to fellow commuters when you eat on trains and buses.
Especially in diverse cities like London where one man's mea is literally another's poison.
I'm sorry if you have to wake up that early but why let fellow commuters suffer for what your employers did??

Of course you can get stuff like sasages or sumn but smelly food is just wrong. . . even if it's an aroma to you.
Planes/long distance trains serve the same type of food to everyone because they can control the type of food they want that will be agreed with bymost of the ppassengers.

I know how annoying it gets when the Pakistani people bring their food into buses, why would you wanna do just that to sumone else??
Re: Eating In The Bus ? by bluespice(f): 1:59am On Oct 07, 2009
eldee:

@ceasyc
Especially in diverse cities like London where one man's mea is literally another's poison.
I'm sorry if you have to wake up that early but why let fellow commuters suffer for what your employers did??

Of course you can get stuff like sasages or sumn but smelly food is just wrong. . . even if it's an aroma to you.
Planes/long distance trains serve the same type of food to everyone because they can control the type of food they want that will be agreed with bymost of the ppassengers.

I know how annoying it gets when the Pakistani people bring their food into buses, why would you wanna do just that to sumone else??
i love the lil posters on the trains n buses "i will not eat smelly food" tongue
Re: Eating In The Bus ? by KennyG6(m): 10:29am On Oct 07, 2009
eldee:

@ceasyc

Nonsense! How can u say eating my cultural food is disrespectful to other commuters? Many a times i have been on buses along Edgware Road when the arab ladies board the buses and within a few minutes their strong pungent perfume almost chokes one to death, do i complain? No cos that's their style so to suggest that eating my spicy food on the bus is inconsiderate is absolute tosh! For a start, i think the whole issue of eating on buses is down to

1) What time of the day, nighttime when the bus is quieter is not a bad idea
2) What kind of food, is it snacks, burger . Rice/eba etc is a definite No-NO
3) How many people are on the bus
4) Can you wait till you get home or u are so hungry and u still have quite a journey to get home
Re: Eating In The Bus ? by bluespice(f): 11:45am On Oct 07, 2009
aww c'mon smell n all o dat shit aside,
how can u wanna eat on a bus or train?
isnt the environment too disgusting on its own?
bleurgh!
Re: Eating In The Bus ? by KennyG6(m): 11:52am On Oct 07, 2009
bluespice:

aww c'mon smell n all o dat shit aside,
how can u wanna eat on a bus or train?
isnt the environment too disgusting on its own?
bleurgh!
wat do u mean 2 disgusting? they serve food on trains for goodness sake, most UK trains serve food and drinks so how can it be disgusting to eat on trains?
Re: Eating In The Bus ? by eldee(m): 3:18pm On Oct 07, 2009
Kenny_G:

Nonsense! How can u say eating my cultural food is disrespectful to other commuters? Many a times i have been on buses along Edgware Road when the arab ladies board the buses and within a few minutes their strong pungent perfume almost chokes one to death, do i complain? No cos that's their style so to suggest that eating my spicy food on the bus is inconsiderate is absolute tosh! For a start, i think the whole issue of eating on buses is down to
Hmmn . . . that makes sense, because Arab women are disrespectful to you, let everyone else suffer the conseqences??
Infact why don't I just go mugging people because someone stole my Ipod Touch and 'I didn't complain'??

I never said eating your cultural food is disrespectful to other people . . . I said eating smelly food is.
If it emits a strong aroma/smell that appeals to you . . . it might as well be rotten fish to other people.
It's not hard to find food that doesn't smell strong.

Kenny_G:

wat do u mean 2 disgusting? they serve food on trains for goodness sake, most UK trains serve food and drinks so how can it be disgusting to eat on trains?

They serve food that usually cuts across cultural differences.
Sandwiches appeal to most people even when you're not the one eating, so do most meals they serve on trains.
They don't serve Eba or Big Macs. . .
Re: Eating In The Bus ? by bluespice(f): 4:02pm On Oct 07, 2009
Kenny_G:

ur taking my words out of context
better still ur reading meanings that werent there in the first place to what i said
i said eating on the public transport is disgusting IMO cos the environment just feels to be swarming with all sortsa germs n all o that stuff.
i know ur going to be like "well, there are germs everywhere" but when u look at the buses n trains, n think about the tons of people with their own 'trademark' germs n habits, the person sneezing next to u,
the other coughing or yawning without covering the mouth. . .
it all kinda adds up to a very nasty environment that eating would be the last thing illd wanna do there

again, this is in my opinion
Re: Eating In The Bus ? by KennyG6(m): 4:24pm On Oct 07, 2009
bluespice:

your taking my words out of context
better still your reading meanings that werent there in the first place to what i said
i said eating on the public transport is disgusting IMO cos the environment just feels to be swarming with all sortsa germs n all o that stuff.
i know your going to be like "well, there are germs everywhere" but when u look at the buses n trains, n think about the tons of people with their own 'trademark' germs n habits, the person sneezing next to u,
the other coughing or yawning without covering the mouth. . .
it all kinda adds up to a very nasty environment that eating would be the last thing illd wanna do there

again, this is in my opinion

i fully understand ur viewpoint, and while the buses and trains are often breeding grounds for germs and what have u, so is Mama Put @ Unilag
u do have a valid point though
Re: Eating In The Bus ? by ceasyc(f): 1:26am On Oct 08, 2009
@eldee
i dont care man
i've stated my opinion
i cant pls u/any1 and displease mysef

mc donalds, kfc, chicken n chips, burger king etc r all good 2 go 4 me
its my choice innit?
but i hardly eat our 9ja food on d bus tho
i dont think i've ever done dat, well maybe rice

eating on d bus/train/plane/public transport - no b me start am
n no b me go end am ohhh
Re: Eating In The Bus ? by eldee(m): 2:44am On Oct 08, 2009
You shoulda just said that from the beginning.
You don't care how ther people feel as long as you get what you want. . . we shouldn't complain bout African politicians then.
ceasyc:

@eldee
i dont care man
i've stated my opinion
i cant pls u/any1 and displease mysef

mc donalds, kfc, chicken n chips, burger king etc r all good 2 go 4 me
its my choice innit?
but i hardly eat our 9ja food on d bus tho
i dont think i've ever done dat, well maybe rice

eating on d bus/train/plane/public transport - no b me start am
n no b me go end am ohhh

As I said before, it's not about it being Nigerian . . . it's about how strong the smell is.
Chicken and chips gets quite irritating
Re: Eating In The Bus ? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:25pm On Oct 08, 2009
[size=13pt]mmmmmmmm . . . . . . see pretenders,lol. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy wink[/size]
Re: Eating In The Bus ? by MrCrackles(m): 1:26pm On Oct 08, 2009
Topic
Bad habit. . .
Re: Eating In The Bus ? by bluespice(f): 1:33pm On Oct 08, 2009
MrCrackles:

Topic
Bad habit. . .

exactly
Re: Eating In The Bus ? by KennyG6(m): 2:28pm On Oct 08, 2009
more like different strokes for different folks to me
Re: Eating In The Bus ? by Fhemmmy: 7:22pm On Oct 08, 2009
No matter how much we try to make it looks aiight to eat on the bus, i think it is nasty and a dirty habit.
Re: Eating In The Bus ? by ceasyc(f): 9:51pm On Oct 08, 2009
@eldee
eating on d bus/my posts and 'african politicians'
wot has 1 got 2 do wit d other?!
shuooo abeg oh

as far as i no, d u.k govt n all/other countries have no laws against
eating on d bus or public places/transport. my opinion is my opinion
so i'll kip doing wot i do as long as i do it well

u kip stating strong smell,do u mean offensive smell?
which 9ja food get dat kind smell? no food from where i cum from has dat!

chicken n chips irritating? oh well 1 man's meat is another man's poison

Latersssss
Re: Eating In The Bus ? by mccloud224(m): 11:55pm On Nov 03, 2009
Eating in the bus ? What if someone farts?

Ehh?Back in my uni days, i dey rush "okpa di oku" inside bus, na so one idiot mess inside bus.The Opka turned sour in my mouth.That was the last time i remember eating in motion (2001)
Re: Eating In The Bus ? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 12:38pm On Nov 04, 2009
[size=13pt]ha ha ha ha ha ha ha . . . . . . . I cant just help to laugh.[/size]
Re: Eating In The Bus ? by Fhemmmy: 7:02pm On Nov 04, 2009
mccloud224:

Ehh?Back in my uni days, i dey rush "okpa di oku" inside bus, na so one idiot mess inside bus.The Opka turned sour in my mouth.That was the last time i remember eating in motion (2001)

Then the fart will give ur food nice aroma.
Eating on the bus is nasty and dirty habit.
Re: Eating In The Bus ? by ceasyc(f): 2:37am On Nov 18, 2009
mccloud224:

LWKMD!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jollof Rice / National Food Safety Policy / Need Help To Build A Food Roster

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.