Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,099 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

Eating In The Bus ? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Eating In The Bus ? (4830 Views)

Eating In Group With Bare Hand In Same Plate.(pix) / My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: / Eating In-front Of Strangers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eating In The Bus ? by Epi: 2:50am On Mar 30, 2009
Ogaga4Luv:

nothing wrong hackney, but imagine someone grazing boiled eggs

undecided

Re: Eating In The Bus ? by Epi: 2:51am On Mar 30, 2009
;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: Eating In The Bus ? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 3:11pm On Mar 30, 2009
[size=13pt]i don eat in places like those.  .  .lol that is so typical in Nig rememba they used to sell boiled eggs at the garage so obviosly them pple would eat them on da bus

Behind every successful man is himself  . . . . cool
[/size]
Re: Eating In The Bus ? by eldee(m): 12:18pm On Apr 06, 2009
I think eating smelly food is disrespectful to other commuters.
The golden rule is; NO SMELLY FOOD.
One man's aroma is another man's ewww.
Not everyone wants to smell your McDiddy's 1/4 pounder. . . For heaven's sake, it's the underground.
Re: Eating In The Bus ? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:25am On Apr 07, 2009
grin grin
eldee:

I think eating smelly food is disrespectful to other commuters.
The golden rule is; NO SMELLY FOOD.
One man's aroma is another man's ewww.
Not everyone wants to smell your McDiddy's 1/4 pounder. . . For heaven's sake, it's the underground.
Re: Eating In The Bus ? by gabsteve(m): 4:23pm On Apr 23, 2009
he get as hungry go hammer you, infact u go 4get where u dey first.

may be na later you remember say na inside bus you dey, lol

Jo ooooo,
Re: Eating In The Bus ? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 8:41am On May 17, 2009
[size=13pt]ha ha ha ha ha . . . ! funny post  grin i dont like getting hungry at all,i eat anytime i  need it but not inside the bus.,before entering the bus i make sure i satisfy my stomach. so that em nor go complain[/size]

gabsteve:

he get as hungry go hammer you, infact u go 4get where u dey first.

may be na later you remember say na inside bus you dey,  lol

Jo ooooo,
Re: Eating In The Bus ? by chiogo(f): 11:26pm On May 17, 2009
I don't eat on the bus. . I only take the buses to places within a short distance from my house anyway.

But like if I go to Burger king for example, I usually don't finish my drink. So I take it with me on the bus and sip it thru the straw.

I can also drink water, chew gum on the bus. That's about it.
Re: Eating In The Bus ? by bolu1(f): 5:47pm On May 26, 2009
eating in the bus or any form of PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION is disgusting, do you know the amount of bacteria and germs floating in there?, and also you probably did not clean your hand before you started eating.
Re: Eating In The Bus ? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 10:18am On Jun 07, 2009
[size=13pt]cheesy cheesy imagine this[/size]
Re: Eating In The Bus ? by heritage00(m): 11:17am On Jun 07, 2009
I have been to 15 countries in the world and most of these countries taxi's does not allow eaten in the cab, someone should prove me wrong.
Re: Eating In The Bus ? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 12:22am On Jun 08, 2009
[size=13pt]heritage 00 you must be a Travelling Worm!!,"wow"-we have great things in common,Travelling the whole world its definately a brilliant tour in Life' to widen knowledge on experiences and education.

Eating inside the bus is disgusting.,***no comment*** my dear,the prooves are the proofs!

[/size]
Re: Eating In The Bus ? by Abbygyal(f): 8:59am On Jun 08, 2009
sweeriie:

ahhh. . . i wont lie o, i was a regular gala chopper on the bus. . . gala + superyogo. . .mmhmm, those were d days mehn! cheesy but wetin man go do, wen the holdups were always mad terrible n and the heat unbearable sad
now, sleeping on the bus is a different matter entirely. that's just plain annoying. but i digress.
i feel you especially dat yogo biz coz its damn hot in naija! . . love strawberry beta buh nt a fan of gala. . .feels me up easily! neways im to self consious to eat in the bus. . .i feel everyone including d driver is looking at me cheesy . .nt comfortable wiv it buh i no go lie. . .if im wiv friends. .i eat on dem bus once in a while!
Re: Eating In The Bus ? by JisolaMar(f): 1:01pm On Jun 18, 2009
People that know etiquette rules say it's not acceptable but me thnks it depends on wot u're eating & ur eating habits too:no loud chewing & wide mouth opening,etc.

i do super yogo(sometimes wt gala grin) on d bus a lot not cos i'm often hungry but it kinds of make d trip bearable & take my mind off d holdup,d choky & hot bus(5 pple on a row,God bless me if there's a fat person onboard!)i travel Egbeda-VI & VI- Egbeda(Lagos) everyday!

neva tried real food tho(don't intend 2 anyway grin). i thnk that can be a real mess.But my,i av seen a woman eating home made food wt lots of palm oil on d bus & soiled d person sitting next 2 her on d bus
Re: Eating In The Bus ? by edgefix: 12:39pm On Jun 27, 2009
to be quite honest with u i don't think it 's a crime eating in the bus 'cos i do it very well it only has to do with the kind of food u r eating. 4 example i don't xpect u to eat eba in the bus don't abuse ur liberty but eat responsively. okey!
Re: Eating In The Bus ? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 3:45am On Jun 30, 2009
embarassed undecided

edgefix:

to be quite honest with u i don't think it 's a crime eating in the bus 'cos i do it very well it only has to do with the kind of food u r eating. 4 example i don't xpect u to eat eba in the bus don't abuse ur liberty but eat responsively. okey!
Re: Eating In The Bus ? by iniguy(m): 11:13pm On Jul 05, 2009
No!!
Re: Eating In The Bus ? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jul 06, 2009
;d
Re: Eating In The Bus ? by mamagee3(f): 2:07am On Jul 07, 2009
You should eat snacks on the bus. sad
Re: Eating In The Bus ? by amebono11: 2:47am On Jul 07, 2009
mama-gee:

please don't , else you might choke whilst day dreaming of kanu
Re: Eating In The Bus ? by mamagee3(f): 11:16pm On Jul 07, 2009
,amebo no1:

please don't , else you might choke whilst day dreaming of kanu

Try harder. cool
Re: Eating In The Bus ? by amebono11: 2:02am On Jul 08, 2009
mama-gee:

Try harder. cool

after u urself try harder and stop looking for curse words on the net, i gat all ur tricks wink
Re: Eating In The Bus ? by mamagee3(f): 5:28pm On Jul 08, 2009
,amebo no1:

after u urself try harder and stop looking for curse words on the net, i gat all ur tricks wink

Continue copying my style, revenge is best served cold. grin
Re: Eating In The Bus ? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 3:52am On Jul 11, 2009
[size=13pt]No offense . . .[/size]

mama-gee:

Re: Eating In The Bus ? by Joseph6(m): 4:06am On Jul 11, 2009
I wonda hw many pple hav/hv seen sum1 eatin amala/eba/beans/rice, dat narrows it dwn 2 snacks is it proper-no! Is it hygienic-no,but it aint a crime 4 cryin out load u cum outside witout de-oderant is a far worse situation,
Wah i'm sayin is cause no harm wit ya food and ya good 2 go
Re: Eating In The Bus ? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 4:30am On Jul 11, 2009
[size=13pt]joseph,sincerely speaking i dont understand your weird spelling,can you please summerise your post?,i think its twisted written.Right? 
[/size]
Joseph6:

I wonda hw many pple hav/hv seen sum1 eatin amala/eba/beans/rice, dat narrows it dwn 2 snacks is it proper-no! Is it hygienic-no,but it aint a crime 4 cryin out load u cum outside witout de-oderant is a far worse situation,
Wah i'm sayin is cause no harm wit ya food and ya good 2 go
Re: Eating In The Bus ? by Nwaka77: 11:44pm On Jul 11, 2009
I cannot eat in the bus. I rather wait till I get home.
Re: Eating In The Bus ? by ceasyc(f): 2:18am On Sep 23, 2009
i dont no wot d fuss is all about
if u travel alot within 9ja or abroad u will c that
eating on d bus or train or plane or boat/ship
or most means of transportation is not a new or odd tin

how do u expect me 2 travel from benin 2 lag or abuja [b]by bus
without munching on sometin? its a 4-7 hours journey![/b]

how do u expect me 2 travel from 9ja 2 uk or italy or sweden or
everywhere else i have travelled 2 without eating or munching on sometin?
d planes dont only serve snacks, dey serve cooked/hot food too, even alcohol!

unfortunately most/all [b]cabs in uk dont let me eat in dem, if not i wud
i take a cab mostly if am in a hurry or running late or going 2 d airport cos cab fare r more
expensive than buses or trains[/b]

y wud i not eat on d train or bus 2 work wen i have 2 start my shift at 5 am or 7 am?
its bad enuf dat i have to wake up so early wit my alarm ringing,
have a shower, brush, dress up (which time i get 2 cook or microwave my food n eat?)
and then run to d bus stop or train station so i dont miss my train/bus, cos if i miss dem,
d next 1 might not cum until 20-30 minutes L8r.
I DON LATE BE DAT, then get a warning/sack letter!

WHY? because i no wan chop 4 [b]bus or train, make i chop 4 house make i go late 4 work abi
make i wake up 3 am because i wan start work 5am or make i go eat 4 work?
and wot time wud dat be? it wud b LUNCH TIME cos no1 will let u eat at work until break/lunch time![/b]

its not ladylike my foot! and snacks no go carry me from 5am until lunch/break time grin wink cheesy tongue
Re: Eating In The Bus ? by KennyG6(m): 12:33pm On Sep 23, 2009
actually it depends on a no of factors; !) time of the day, 2) What am eating, and 3) where I'm seated.

If its dark, i.e. nighttime and the food is a burger, and i'm seated on the upper deck of the bus where it's often quieter at that time of the day then why not. If on the other hand the bus is packed then it's a no-no,

Seeing that public transport also includes trains and planes where food are served does the No-brigade imply that they dont eat on planes?
Re: Eating In The Bus ? by okeey(m): 12:47pm On Sep 23, 2009
it does not mean but it depend on urself{way u shy}
Re: Eating In The Bus ? by yjay(f): 4:29pm On Sep 23, 2009
i think ideally one shldnt eat in the bus but im a culprit, i used to eat gala regularly in the bus but always so cautious of pple around, i rarely do that now but it doesnt mean that if im hungry & in a bus i wont buy gala o! i also think most fruits shouldnt be eaten in the bus like pineapple, watermelon, mango, i ve had a woman eat pineapple beside me in the bus and it was just disgusting i mean she was dripping the juice everywhere, just had to turn the other way till she finished & of course she threw the nylon on the floor.
Re: Eating In The Bus ? by estagirl(f): 5:16pm On Sep 23, 2009
That is wonderful.That woman will spit in her room.(charity begins at home.)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

National Food Safety Policy / Need Help To Build A Food Roster / Poisonous Boko Haram's Beans Scare In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.