Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,086 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:25 PM

Woman To Divorce Husband Over Bride Price - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Woman To Divorce Husband Over Bride Price (26985 Views)

Teacher Divorces Her Husband Over “Unattractive Joystick” In Delta / My Wife Is Not What I Thought Before We Got Married: I Want To Divorce / Wife Divorce Husband Because He Lied About His Genotype (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman To Divorce Husband Over Bride Price by Nobody: 2:00pm On Mar 13, 2015
one thing is certain, the woman has found anoda rich lover, chai Nigerian women have been greedy since 200bc.
Re: Woman To Divorce Husband Over Bride Price by dre11(m): 2:01pm On Mar 13, 2015
But in his response, her husband said her parents gave her out in marriage free of charge and there was no need to pay her bride price, saying she already had children for him.

WoWshocked

See this shameless man speaking rubbish
Wife..... Free of charge.
Some men are not worthy to give Womanliness to phuck

3 Likes

Re: Woman To Divorce Husband Over Bride Price by publicenemy(m): 2:02pm On Mar 13, 2015
sauceny:
50 out of 100 divorce marriages are dissolved & settled at [size=19pt]Ejigbo customary court[/size]...why¿

Becos its a "customary court".
Re: Woman To Divorce Husband Over Bride Price by infogenius(m): 2:04pm On Mar 13, 2015
Make shift marriages are so common today.
And I usually blame women for the outcomes of
these kind of marriages.

The moment a lady cannot control herself and
starts sleeping with her man,she begins the journey
to all these unforseen occurrences.

This woman's case is small.A lady I know like that
too had two children for a married man that she lived with who also promised to marry her.

After two kids from his proposed new wife, he fails to pay the bride price and allowed her to leave then he goes back to his wife, leaving the disappointed lady distorted to seek a fresh start.

None will lack her mate the Bible says, young girls learn to close ur legs even if he promises marriage
and if he truly loves u he will wait and take appropriate steps to formalize ur union.
Saving u from all forms of informal marria
ges just for him to distort ur thing and dump u after u have contours.

A word is enuf for she who has ears.

1 Like

Re: Woman To Divorce Husband Over Bride Price by Nobody: 2:07pm On Mar 13, 2015
Why are they in court when they are not even married?
Re: Woman To Divorce Husband Over Bride Price by Nobody: 2:08pm On Mar 13, 2015
Afi Iyawo nylon bag grin
Re: Woman To Divorce Husband Over Bride Price by Nobody: 2:08pm On Mar 13, 2015
publicenemy:

Becos its a "customary court".

So lagos now has only one customary court or what¿
Re: Woman To Divorce Husband Over Bride Price by Emlina(f): 2:14pm On Mar 13, 2015
He beats her in front of her parents? Sm parents sef. Evn if my daughter is d most stupid girl on earth, no guy wil beat her unnecessarily in my very b4. Maka y na?

1 Like

Re: Woman To Divorce Husband Over Bride Price by publicenemy(m): 2:15pm On Mar 13, 2015
sauceny:

So lagos now has only one customary court or what¿

You could visit the other customary to witnness their divorce cases.
Re: Woman To Divorce Husband Over Bride Price by Nobody: 2:19pm On Mar 13, 2015
She said he didn't marry her formally or officially ( not in the church, mosque, court or traditional one) , so which marriage did she want the court to ressolve.
Re: Woman To Divorce Husband Over Bride Price by emmysoftyou: 2:21pm On Mar 13, 2015
there are some of them here in lagos cohabiting together without thinking of paying 4 their bride price..
some dont see it as necessary or important cos they know the lady or the woman they re cohabiting with,
wil one day in the future after many kids wil leave them and go to another man who is married or given birth else where..
i knw one girl her name is bose,after one old man called baba seyi got her pregnant,the nxt one is one young alaye(area boy),got her pregnant because his father had a house..
Na wa o, this becoming much in lagos..
sth need to be done,i mean the young educated yorubas need to have an intellectual romance about marriage education and their usefulness to mankind..
pls no offense if yu think i sound tribalist then yur guy is sory 4 that..
but truth be told wich i stand on..
Re: Woman To Divorce Husband Over Bride Price by Curvinus(m): 2:23pm On Mar 13, 2015
Na Abuja marriage we de call this one grin
Re: Woman To Divorce Husband Over Bride Price by kelobestline(m): 2:25pm On Mar 13, 2015
why u dey talk lyk foreigner sef, as husband scarce reach, u still want make she loose d lucky guy cos of bride's price
Re: Woman To Divorce Husband Over Bride Price by melomelo: 2:26pm On Mar 13, 2015
Cutehector:
Sleeping
Make i sleep too
Re: Woman To Divorce Husband Over Bride Price by lebete3000: 2:34pm On Mar 13, 2015
freecocoa:
The woman is very senseless, you pack ya kaya go man house, born two shildrens, before you come remember bride price, mschew.

Talk about putting the cart before the horse.

Na freecocoa tinz she dey do na
Re: Woman To Divorce Husband Over Bride Price by Nobody: 2:35pm On Mar 13, 2015
Not just Ejigbo, Igando,Agege and Oshodi are headquaters of divorce
sauceny:
50 out of 100 divorce marriages are dissolved & settled at [size=19pt]Ejigbo customary court[/size]...why¿
this thing keep happening among one people and I keep asking if this is as result of the cost of marriage which is very cheap and one thing is that they easily hook up again after divorce, In my part of country once you divorce you hardly get married again from our people.
Re: Woman To Divorce Husband Over Bride Price by pak: 2:57pm On Mar 13, 2015
GboyegaD:
Were they ever married in the first instance or what are they dissolving? The magistrate of that court was very nice to have allowed all these continue.

My thoughts exactly, I blame the magistrate for allowing the charade
Re: Woman To Divorce Husband Over Bride Price by chucky234(m): 3:07pm On Mar 13, 2015
freecocoa:
The woman is very senseless, you pack ya kaya go man house, born two shildrens, before you come remember bride price, mschew.

Talk about putting the cart before the horse.
Been looking for you
Re: Woman To Divorce Husband Over Bride Price by tintingz(m): 3:41pm On Mar 13, 2015
Free marriage. grin
Re: Woman To Divorce Husband Over Bride Price by slap1(m): 3:42pm On Mar 13, 2015
They were merely cohabiting, no need for a divorce.
Re: Woman To Divorce Husband Over Bride Price by Misogynist2014(m): 3:54pm On Mar 13, 2015
All due protocols observed, he has to pay, no matter how small. The man is just being stubborn, the amount he's gonna pay is not up to what he spends in bar a single day. Its tradition, it has to be respected.

1 Like

Re: Woman To Divorce Husband Over Bride Price by Nobody: 4:09pm On Mar 13, 2015
She should just pack and leave since no one joined them together in the first place.
Re: Woman To Divorce Husband Over Bride Price by freecocoa(f): 5:03pm On Mar 13, 2015
chucky234:
Been looking for you
Where have you been looking for me?
Re: Woman To Divorce Husband Over Bride Price by cococandy(f): 5:08pm On Mar 13, 2015
sauceny:
the other 50 percent at igando court grin
Re: Woman To Divorce Husband Over Bride Price by plendil: 5:09pm On Mar 13, 2015
Billyonaire:
Its called common-law marriage. As far as a man and a woman live together for up to 6 months, its proper to call it common-law marriage and the union can be dissolved by law. Bride price signifies 'traditional marriage'. So, traditionally, they are not married, but under common-law, they are.

I'm not sure our laws allow common-law marriage. Even in places where it is practised, eg some states in the US, it goes beyond merely co-habiting for six-months - were that the case, hundred of university students, many of whom cohabit, would be deemed married under common law. That is not the case.

The couple in OP's case were merely cohabiting. There's definitely no case for divorce.
Re: Woman To Divorce Husband Over Bride Price by chucky234(m): 5:29pm On Mar 13, 2015
freecocoa:
Where have you been looking for me?
Garden of Eden where we first fell in LOVE.
Re: Woman To Divorce Husband Over Bride Price by DollyParton1(f): 6:45pm On Mar 13, 2015
Lionhearted:

What else can be legally binding by paying her ride price?

Common Law/Customary law recognises bride price as an instrument of marriage.

The value of the bride price is inconsequential.
carry bride price receipt go show as a legal proof of marriage na.
Re: Woman To Divorce Husband Over Bride Price by Nobody: 7:01pm On Mar 13, 2015
...... did they call what they had marriage.. *smh for 8good years. Haba.. this woman is not thinking right. They were simply role playing.
Re: Woman To Divorce Husband Over Bride Price by DollyParton1(f): 7:01pm On Mar 13, 2015
Billyonaire:
Its called common-law marriage. As far as a man and a woman live together for up to 6 months, its proper to call it common-law marriage and the union can be dissolved by law. Bride price signifies 'traditional marriage'. So, traditionally, they are not married, but under common-law, they are.
According to Nigerian law, a marriage is not recognized if it is not registered by a state registry, not even a religious registry anymore..
So the marriage is valid to the partners Only.
Re: Woman To Divorce Husband Over Bride Price by phenol33(m): 7:28pm On Mar 13, 2015
DollyParton1:

She probably just wants him to do right by her. But she should be clamouring for something of legal binding instead of a stupid bride price that is probably less than a hundred thousand of naira.
there will be no legal binding without bride price being payed.

1 Like

Re: Woman To Divorce Husband Over Bride Price by freecocoa(f): 7:36pm On Mar 13, 2015
chucky234:
Garden of Eden where we first fell in LOVE.
Lol, okay o.
Re: Woman To Divorce Husband Over Bride Price by chucky234(m): 7:56pm On Mar 13, 2015
freecocoa:
Lol, okay o.
You unfollow me abi

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What's The Craziest Thing Your Kid Or Baby Relation Has Done? / Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? / I Find It Hard Expressing Myself And It Is Killing Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.