Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,747 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

I'm At A Junction And Don't Know Where To Go: I Need Career Help - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I'm At A Junction And Don't Know Where To Go: I Need Career Help (1047 Views)

I'm At A Cross Road / I Need Career Advice, I'm At A Cross Road / A Young ACA Needs Career Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm At A Junction And Don't Know Where To Go: I Need Career Help by joshosem: 1:08pm On Mar 12, 2015
Good nairalanders, please help! I need to choose between becoming a financial analyst and hr professional. I will like to choose the one that will bring me greater rewards but I don't know which one. Please I need your advice as regards the one that is better.
Re: I'm At A Junction And Don't Know Where To Go: I Need Career Help by benebaby77: 3:21pm On Mar 12, 2015
I would advice you to go for financial analyst as it brings you more opportunities that HR professional..

1 Like

Re: I'm At A Junction And Don't Know Where To Go: I Need Career Help by joshosem: 3:49pm On Mar 12, 2015
benebaby77:
I would advice you to go for financial analyst as it brings you more opportunities that HR professional..

Ok, but what are some of those opportunities?
Re: I'm At A Junction And Don't Know Where To Go: I Need Career Help by sholay2011(m): 9:41pm On Mar 12, 2015
Forgive my ITK op...

You are at a "juncture", not a "junction".

Let me pave way for the career experts to come and advise accordingly.
Re: I'm At A Junction And Don't Know Where To Go: I Need Career Help by shesAgem: 9:59pm On Mar 12, 2015
This can help in deciding which of the careers would fulfil you more: http://clxvii..com/2015/03/choosing-right-career.html
Re: I'm At A Junction And Don't Know Where To Go: I Need Career Help by seyenko(m): 8:17am On Mar 13, 2015
dont choose based on reward but satisfaction, i have been in your shoes. i had to revert back to what i like because i was always bored and distracted with the high reward low satisfaction job
Re: I'm At A Junction And Don't Know Where To Go: I Need Career Help by joshosem: 10:59am On Mar 13, 2015
@shesAgem, thanks for the link. It was really helpful.

@seyenko, yes I realize I have to choose a career in which I will be fulfiled but I feel I will be fulfilled in just any of the two. That's were the problem lies. It's a problem of choice- I need to choose one.
Thanks for your contribution.
Re: I'm At A Junction And Don't Know Where To Go: I Need Career Help by joshosem: 11:21am On Mar 13, 2015
sholay2011:
Forgive my ITK op...
You are at a "juncture", not a "junction".
Let me pave way for the career experts to come and advise accordingly.

Thank you for pointing out what seems an error to you but I actually did not mean to write "juncture". If you consider it carefully, you will discover "junction" was used figuratively.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

5 Signs You Need To Leave Your Present Job / I Need Advice On Professional Courses In IT / Please advice a nairalander

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.