Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,852 members, 7,851,903 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 10:02 AM

Benue Monarch Seeks Help Over Fulani Militias Invasion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benue Monarch Seeks Help Over Fulani Militias Invasion (518 Views)

Ohorhor Women Barricade Delta Over Fulani Killings (Pics) / Nigerians Protest In Germany Over Fulani Herdsmen Attack In Enugu. Photos / Protest In Asaba Over Fulani Herdsmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Benue Monarch Seeks Help Over Fulani Militias Invasion by me2me: 5:26pm On Mar 12, 2015
The Chairman of the Gwer West Traditional Council in Benue State, the Ter Ityoshin, Chief Daniel Abomtse, has alleged that his domain is under the control of Fulani insurgents.

The Ter Ityoshin said this in a statement he signed and made available to The PUNCH on Thursday.

The statement read in part, “I wish to, on behalf of my council, submit to the President General of the Mdzough u Tiv of acts perpetrated by hitherto unknown strange Fulanis, who have moved into Gwer West Local Government Area, taking over half of the land mass, covering nine districts viz: Sengev, Mbachohon, Gbaange-Tongov, Tyoughatee, Saghev/Ukusu, Merkyan, Nyamshi, Sengev/Yengev and part of Tsambe/Mbasev, believed to be facilitated by the Coordinator, Civilian Joint Task Force Committee for Benue and Nasarawa.”

He alleged that the insurgents had visited his community ceaseless carnage, subjecting the natives to inhuman conditions.

The statement added, “It is not an exaggeration to say that Gwer West people in recent times are xenophobic or have prejudice for the Fulanis for the way and manner they have been slaughtering them like chickens, which began in 2011.

“I strongly wish to, on behalf of Nagi Traditional Council, to state that since February 8, 2011 to date, the Gwer West area have come under invasion by armed Fulanis, who have perpetually terrorised the area on a daily basis, occasioning heavy losses in human lives and property.

“The large expanse of land in the basin of River Benue, stretching from the lower basin farms at the Makurdi boarders of Mbaku communities of Makurdi LGA with Gwer West, to a distance of 35 kilometers in length and 45km in breadth, is deserted and in the firm control of herders, who always migrate into Gwer West from the Rukubi-Akpanaja boarder of Doma LGA in Nasarawa State.”






Re: Benue Monarch Seeks Help Over Fulani Militias Invasion by buharimohd: 10:34pm On Mar 13, 2015
[size=16pt][/size]Boko Hari call your boys to order[size=16pt][/size]
Re: Benue Monarch Seeks Help Over Fulani Militias Invasion by Nobody: 10:36pm On Mar 13, 2015
This should be the next point of call (action) after the liberation of the north east for sure. May God bless Nigeria.

....buy 1GB MTN Data plan for N1,200 only. 30 days duration. Works in all devices (Andriod/iPhone, Phone or Modem). Also Convert Airtime to Cash (20% Processing Fee). Call: 08107873795. Thanks & God bless.

(1) (Reply)

Phone Calls From Buhari Campaign Organisation / JEGA Should Be Sacked / Changing Nigeria For The Better By Abalaka Philips.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.