Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,652 members, 7,854,715 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 03:36 AM

Why We Don’t Want Voter Card Readers — Namadi Sambo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Don’t Want Voter Card Readers — Namadi Sambo (931 Views)

Why I Visited Osinbajo – Namadi Sambo / Where is Former Vp: Namadi Sambo? / Namadi Sambo Hospitalized In US For Knee Surgery - Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why We Don’t Want Voter Card Readers — Namadi Sambo by idris93(m): 6:49pm On Mar 12, 2015
The Nigerian presidency has expressed concern with the use of voter card readers for the forthcoming elections, questioning its legality and efficiency, and defending an earlier position of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party, PDP on the matter.

Vice President Namadi Sambo said Thursday that while his party was not against the use of card readers, which the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, says will help curb vote fraud, it was concerned whether the decision is backed by law and about the possibility of many Nigerians being disenfranchised.
SEE MORE..................
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/178371-why-we-dont-want-voter-card-readers-namadi-sambo.html
Re: Why We Don’t Want Voter Card Readers — Namadi Sambo by Revolution: 7:00pm On Mar 12, 2015
Since when does the PDP care about laws? They are a lawless bunch. Mr VP, going by your argument, the office of the first lady is not recognised in Nigerian law, therefore, to avoid an illegality and further embarrassment of the nation by madame patience, could you please scrap the office of the first lady with immediate effect? If you do this then we will know you really care about laws.
Re: Why We Don’t Want Voter Card Readers — Namadi Sambo by owobokiri(m): 7:09pm On Mar 12, 2015
We don't have the infrastructural backbone to handle this exercise freely and expertly without troubles. There is a real possibility of failure. . , the whole system clogging up at the H-hour. . The usage of this card readers should be postponed to a later date
Re: Why We Don’t Want Voter Card Readers — Namadi Sambo by 0nyegame(m): 7:12pm On Mar 12, 2015
I don't understd the drama again.APC,PDP and INEC.
Re: Why We Don’t Want Voter Card Readers — Namadi Sambo by masseratti: 7:15pm On Mar 12, 2015
Yar’Adua, may his soul rest in peace, he set the precedence for rule of law,although he too was surrounded by hawks like Gej is but to an extent he set the mantra for the rule of law,i can't say the same for Obj and Gej,Obj was cunning and reckless, Gej is controlled and a l..r
Re: Why We Don’t Want Voter Card Readers — Namadi Sambo by Bashirfuntua(m): 7:16pm On Mar 12, 2015
rigging alert!
Re: Why We Don’t Want Voter Card Readers — Namadi Sambo by EbubeOnoh(m): 7:19pm On Mar 12, 2015
Namadi my foot. Una go fail com march 28.
Re: Why We Don’t Want Voter Card Readers — Namadi Sambo by Ralphloren25(m): 7:30pm On Mar 12, 2015
Hahahahahhaha these are talks from a SPARE TYRE who for 6yrs has never contributed to the development of this great nation. A VP who cannot even win his ward, yet claim to be Nigeria's second citizen.

In saner climes, this fellow would have been pitched against Prof Jega to argue against the use of the card reader.

Every mofo now comment on National issues. I can bet that this man has never seen the CR not to talk of handling it.

We the free THINKERS demand for free and fair elections using the CR to curb rigging.
Re: Why We Don’t Want Voter Card Readers — Namadi Sambo by mycar: 8:25pm On Mar 12, 2015
Everybody get him own opinion. Meanwhile, how easy can INEC give out another person's PVC and tell the owner that an unknown person has collected even when they need a photocopy of ones I'd card or TVC to issue PVC.

INEC. is compromised but no wahala. God dey!
Re: Why We Don’t Want Voter Card Readers — Namadi Sambo by Emmaowolabia(m): 9:23pm On Mar 12, 2015
GEJ said he intend fighting corruption using 21century mechanism (computer), rigging is one major corruption in Nigeria and Jega is going to assist him to fight that using card reader. I think he should thank Jega for dis selfless service.
Re: Why We Don’t Want Voter Card Readers — Namadi Sambo by theV0ice: 9:26pm On Mar 12, 2015
The problem is why did the PDP led govt which has Sambo as VP expend so much billions for a project he believes was not workable?

How much more of our lean resources have been expended on such?

(1) (Reply)

US To Drive Oil Prices Even Lower. Is Nigeria Ready? / PDP Chairman, Executives Decamp To APC In Edo / More Photos Of GEJ & Buhari At The Peace Accord Signing Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.