Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,088 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

How Buhari Became A Nigerian Army Officer Cadet And Not Amere Recruit In 1961 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Buhari Became A Nigerian Army Officer Cadet And Not Amere Recruit In 1961 (2148 Views)

"Why Fatima Buhari Became 4th Wife" - The Capital / 9 Popular Vocabularies In Nigerian Politics Since Buhari Became President / Buhari Was Our Classmate In 1961– Umar Abdullahi, Coomassie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Buhari Became A Nigerian Army Officer Cadet And Not Amere Recruit In 1961 by monkautos(m): 10:34pm On Mar 12, 2015
For those who don’t understand how admission into the Army worked in the early-mid 60s.
In order to get admitted as an officer cadet of the Nigerian Army, a candidate needed a minimum
pass in both math and English, if not, he joined as a recruit.
Doubt it, show one officer cadet who joined between 1960-1964 with a certificate showing “F” in
either subject.
Buhari took his WASC exam in 1961 and got an F9 in Maths.
Knowing he was ineligible to enlist as an officer cadet if his WASC was tendered, Buhari willfully
lied and said he was yet to get his WASC results.
Letters were then written on his behalf stating he was awaiting said results which were expected to
include a pass in math and english, thus fulfilling these requirements.
On the basis of these letters, Buhari enlisted as an Officer Cadet (2nd Lieutenant) and not a non-
commissioned officer (a recruit), who could at best become a Warrant Officer 1.
So while Buhari did sit for WASC, his grades were such that he never tendered his certificate as
required because his results were below minimum acceptable standards.
In other words, as far as his professional career was concerned, he had no certificate.
So those asking how it’s possible to get an F9 in maths and yet have no certificate, you have your
answer.
http://ad76.com/2015/03/09/how-buhari-became-a-nigerian-army-officer-cadet-and-not-a-mere-recruit-in-1961/#more-663

2 Likes

Re: How Buhari Became A Nigerian Army Officer Cadet And Not Amere Recruit In 1961 by diceman1: 10:43pm On Mar 12, 2015
Wow. You sabi research o. Maybe you can use those same investigation skills to tell us how GEJ take get PHD.

4 Likes

Re: How Buhari Became A Nigerian Army Officer Cadet And Not Amere Recruit In 1961 by VcStunner(m): 10:48pm On Mar 12, 2015
Why let me know now kiddo My old man never tot it was necessary to share that part of history with me neither did he (Buhari). But today u know more dan u suppose cuz someone questioned his eligibility. Tell u what.... Many of us here don't really care about all dis any more, as an alumni of a northeastern federal university (FUTY precisely), and a full blooded igbo boy who grew up in Jos. I have made my choice since the death of Yar'adua who I will vote till 2019

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Became A Nigerian Army Officer Cadet And Not Amere Recruit In 1961 by lokito: 10:49pm On Mar 12, 2015
OP, just shut up already. Buhari has gone past this stage of WASSCE and it's brouhaha.
All we need now is CHANGE not WAEC

2 Likes

Re: How Buhari Became A Nigerian Army Officer Cadet And Not Amere Recruit In 1961 by nelsonoba: 10:53pm On Mar 12, 2015
monkautos:
For those who don’t understand how admission into the Army worked in the early-mid 60s.
In order to get admitted as an officer cadet of the Nigerian Army, a candidate needed a minimum
Doubt it, show one officer cadet who joined between 1960-1964 with a certificate showing “F” in
either subject.
Knowing he was ineligible to enlist as an officer cadet if his WASC was tendered, Buhari willfully
Letters were then written on his behalf stating he was awaiting said results which were expected to
On the basis of these letters, Buhari enlisted as an Officer Cadet (2nd Lieutenant) and not a non-
So while Buhari did sit for WASC, his grades were such that he never tendered his certificate as
In other words, as far as his professional career was concerned, he had no certificate.
So those asking how it’s possible to get an F9 in maths and yet have no certificate, you have your
answer.
http://ad76.com/2015/03/09/how-buhari-became-a-nigerian-army-officer-cadet-and-not-a-mere-recruit-in-1961/#more-663

I have very little reasons to doubt this, because even till today, it is a common practice in most Universities in core Northern Nigeria (maybe with exception on the likes of ABU) to admit students who do not have their complete minimum 5credits.

I served in Niger State, and many students from FUTMinna usually registered in my school to write WAEC SSCE in order to get their complete 5credits. Some of the students I met were already in 3rd and 4th year, but they were still writing WAEC to make up for papers they should have had before even gaining university admission. This is for those who keep asking "how could Buhari have been admited into the army without his certificate"?

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Became A Nigerian Army Officer Cadet And Not Amere Recruit In 1961 by adeusolu: 10:58pm On Mar 12, 2015
lokito:
OP, just shut up already. Buhari has gone past this stage of WASSCE and it's brouhaha.
What sort?

2 Likes

Re: How Buhari Became A Nigerian Army Officer Cadet And Not Amere Recruit In 1961 by podosci(m): 11:00pm On Mar 12, 2015
I decided not to grant this ridiculous post with a comment but my hands where scratching me and am actually trying to practice how to type faster so this good practice for me
First of all, If you were up-to-date you would remember the army spokesman press briefing when he said Buhari passed English and other RELEVANT subject, The world RELEVANT I would highlight for gullible NIgerians who are too lazy to use google but would rather believe any nuisance they see on the internet. Below is a link to the army spokesman statement
http://dailytrust.com.ng/daily/top-stories/44930-we-don-t-have-copy-of-buhari-s-wasc-army
Second of all, IF you were not too gullible you would remember Cambridge released a statement verifying Buhari result and saying English Language alone and not neccesarily mathematics was relevant in 1961 to qualifying for a certificate. Below is a link to the statement by Cambridge
http://www.cambridgeassessment.org.uk/news/statement-in-response-to-nigerian-presidential-election-enquiries/
Thirdly,,,OP are you saying you know more than all the Generals in the Nigerian Army? and the Generals are so incompetent to have though of this and done a check on results of other officers who enrolled in 1961? IF so, then you are a genius

Now. OP, You said you have evidence to invalidity both the army spokesman and Cambridge, Please lets have the evidence you said you have we are all waiting . atleast websites and pictures of results of officers
And attached to your evidence should be the result of at least 20 officers who entered the Nigerian Army in 1961

Failure to produce this evidence would result in you being a dispensable gullible lability to Nigeria for the rest of your life. Thank you
Re: How Buhari Became A Nigerian Army Officer Cadet And Not Amere Recruit In 1961 by otukpo(f): 11:01pm On Mar 12, 2015
Apc - they prefer lies..
Re: How Buhari Became A Nigerian Army Officer Cadet And Not Amere Recruit In 1961 by lokito: 11:02pm On Mar 12, 2015
adeusolu:

What sort?

The sort of CHANGE you collect from a bus conductor. Any other question?
Re: How Buhari Became A Nigerian Army Officer Cadet And Not Amere Recruit In 1961 by podosci(m): 11:03pm On Mar 12, 2015
nelsonoba:

I have very little reasons to doubt this, because even till today, it is a common practice in most Universities in core Northern Nigeria (maybe with exception on the likes of ABU) to admit students who do not have their complete minimum 5credits.

I served in Niger State, and many students from FUTMinna usually registered in my school to write WAEC SSCE in order to get their complete 5credits. Some of the students I met were already in 3rd and 4th year, but they were still writing WAEC to make up for papers they should have had before even gaining university admission. This is for those who keep asking "how could Buhari have been admited into the army without his certificate"?
Now we are talking of 1961, How do you know the requirement for 1961? Cambridege released a statement saying to pass WASC in 1961 you need minimum credit in English and not maths, Anybody who wants to say otherwise should please provide us with University statement on their admission requirement in 1961, Below is Cambridge statement
http://www.cambridgeassessment.org.uk/news/statement-in-response-to-nigerian-presidential-election-enquiries/
Re: How Buhari Became A Nigerian Army Officer Cadet And Not Amere Recruit In 1961 by egift(m): 11:14pm On Mar 12, 2015

In Rick Ross voice: A Major General who has a Masters Degree equivalent from US War College in Carlisle, Pennsylvania is talking #Change - this blogger is talking WAEC.

Re: How Buhari Became A Nigerian Army Officer Cadet And Not Amere Recruit In 1961 by adeusolu: 11:17pm On Mar 12, 2015
lokito:

The sort of CHANGE you collect from a bus conductor. Any other question?

Tot so..
Re: How Buhari Became A Nigerian Army Officer Cadet And Not Amere Recruit In 1961 by nelsonoba: 11:21pm On Mar 12, 2015
podosci:

Now we are talking of 1961, How do you know the requirement for 1961? Cambridege released a statement saying to pass WASC in 1961 you need minimum credit in English and not maths, Anybody who wants to say otherwise should please provide us with University statement on their admission requirement in 1961, Below is Cambridge statement

Mr APC employee, i know you have a duty to protect your principal/hero Buhari, but one question you all have woefully failed to answer is this; why can't Buhari write to Cambridge to issue him with a replacement certificate which he can then submit to INEC?

Why are you all trying to convince us so hard that Buhari has a certificate, and you are using every means to convince us......except showing us a copy of the certificate

US President Obama once had a similar problem where he was accused of not having a US birth certificate, and to prove his critics wrong, he did the right thing by showing his certificate to the public and that ended the controversy. Why can't Buhari follow that example if he truly has an unforged certificate Why??

Isn't it corruption for a man to try to become president without submitting all the constitutionally required documentation to INEC
Re: How Buhari Became A Nigerian Army Officer Cadet And Not Amere Recruit In 1961 by henryangelo: 11:38pm On Mar 12, 2015
buhari has no certificate,he is a chronic lair

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Became A Nigerian Army Officer Cadet And Not Amere Recruit In 1961 by sugerpil: 12:01am On Mar 13, 2015
Cn u just imagine d story,having f9 nd yet nt wiv a result,I dnt tink dis is d ryt man 4nigeria in dis point in tym,let TRANSFORMATION CONTINUE pls.
monkautos:
either subject.
answer.
Re: How Buhari Became A Nigerian Army Officer Cadet And Not Amere Recruit In 1961 by oluspencer(m): 1:34am On Mar 13, 2015
egift:

In Rick Ross voice: A Major General who has a Masters Degree equivalent from US War College in Carlisle, Pennsylvania is talking #Change - this blogger is talking WAEC.

The blogger is talking none sense!!!

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Became A Nigerian Army Officer Cadet And Not Amere Recruit In 1961 by talktimi(m): 1:40am On Mar 13, 2015
lokito:
why are you guys always so hostile ?
Re: How Buhari Became A Nigerian Army Officer Cadet And Not Amere Recruit In 1961 by seunfly: 1:45am On Mar 13, 2015
See all this useless PDP dogs, are u not tired? Your ogas at the top has changed strategy, they have seen that it does not work, you have to move on with their strategy.
Re: How Buhari Became A Nigerian Army Officer Cadet And Not Amere Recruit In 1961 by sugerpil: 2:03am On Mar 13, 2015
Cn u imagine story,having f9 result nd nt having a result at dsame tym,we al knw dat dis man is nt d real man 4nigeria nw,lets just vote ryt pls...
monkautos:
either subject.
answer.
Re: How Buhari Became A Nigerian Army Officer Cadet And Not Amere Recruit In 1961 by judiciarypalava: 2:55am On Mar 13, 2015
podosci:
I decided not to grant this ridiculous post with a comment but my hands where scratching me and am actually trying to practice how to type faster so this good practice for me
First of all, If you were up-to-date you would remember the army spokesman press briefing when he said Buhari passed English and other RELEVANT subject, The world RELEVANT I would highlight for gullible NIgerians who are too lazy to use google but would rather believe any nuisance they see on the internet. Below is a link to the army spokesman statement
http://dailytrust.com.ng/daily/top-stories/44930-we-don-t-have-copy-of-buhari-s-wasc-army
Second of all, IF you were not too gullible you would remember Cambridge released a statement verifying Buhari result and saying English Language alone and not neccesarily mathematics was relevant in 1961 to qualifying for a certificate. Below is a link to the statement by Cambridge
Thirdly,,,OP are you saying you know more than all the Generals in the Nigerian Army? and the Generals are so incompetent to have though of this and done a check on results of other officers who enrolled in 1961? IF so, then you are a genius

Now. OP, You said you have evidence to invalidity both the army spokesman and Cambridge, Please lets have the evidence you said you have we are all waiting . atleast websites and pictures of results of officers
And attached to your evidence should be the result of at least 20 officers who entered the Nigerian Army in 1961

Failure to produce this evidence would result in you being a dispensable gullible lability to Nigeria for the rest of your life. Thank you

This is a serious ISSUE at the grass root, a case of faulty foundation which is what GMB is suffering till date and you guys are just playing ALUTA politics.
A pitiable situation where the highest political position in the land has a standard as low as WASC. And one begins to imagine what the standard for a common councillor has been.
All these were done to accommodate the North, yet this man could not provide it and some so called graduates have the moral justification to say "RESULT OR NO RESULT I HAVE DECIDES"
With this our attitude, what legacies are we leaving for our young ones.
Go on YouTube, search and watch OBJ's comment on this certificate issue during his book lunch on the UK. He said, if passing English and maths was a requirement as at the time he entered NA 4years before Buhari, that he wondered how Buhari avoided it. Show me or mention any scholar from or that schooled in the North and l will name 20 from the South.
Western education is forbidden, yet they have been packaged to rule the scholars. With other factors in play, that's why we are still where we are.
Lets please leave politics and reason and comment like graduates. Yes you have decided to vote Buhari, but we should be constructive in our comments and stop putting our certificates to questioning.

Good luck Nigeria
Re: How Buhari Became A Nigerian Army Officer Cadet And Not Amere Recruit In 1961 by tittop4: 3:09am On Mar 13, 2015
We all knew where Buhari belong to,we knew his time has expired and he can never be anything reasonable again in this country. He wants to throw people into prison whereas he is the one not fit for anything again in this nation

(1) (Reply)

Cleric Drops Alarming Prophecy, Begs Nigerians To Pray / How Many Ibo Red Caps in Lagos House of Assembly / Why APC May Win Benue Governorship Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.