Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,008 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use (34096 Views)

Bash Ali Reacts To Evander Holyfield's Invitation To Nigeria, Slams Lagos Govt. / Blessing Okagbare Beats Usain Bolt To 2016 Guinness World Records / Blessing Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group For Using Her Image In Ad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use by attoskoly: 8:21am On Mar 13, 2015
aresa:

Does it matter who did or who didn't do it? Fact remains that Nigerians don't want to be associated with the crooked, corrupt and incompetent national shame and embarrassment called Goodluck abi badluck jonathan..

if gej had banned athletics, she wouldn't have been known. If it's boko haram it's gej, if it's positive, not his govt. Pathetic!

2 Likes

Re: Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use by holatin(m): 8:21am On Mar 13, 2015
U quote d wrong guy
1stola:

Lame.
If Jònadaft has done well, I'm sure she would not be embarrassed when they used her image without her consent. Nigeria is her country. Nigeria did not make her what she is today. Jònadaft campaign group or whatsoever don't her any right. If i were her, i will sue their ąss with one billion Naira tongue
Jònadaft administration is a shame.
Re: Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use by experimentist: 8:23am On Mar 13, 2015
barcanista:
e be like you no read the same article wey I read. Blessing never said she doesn't want to associate with the most able President Ebele Jonathan. She said she expected the Support group to get her permission first. In other words, she wants negotiation.
e be like say your eyes blind when you read the article or you put soap for eye.. She said the crooked govt of Jonadaf't is doing nothing in sport and business. She pays for her coach, nutritionist, doctor etc.. Jonadaf't did nothing to support her career now he wants to use her achievements for his useless and clueless campaign.. Thief!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use by vanilson(m): 8:24am On Mar 13, 2015
why cant this jonathan just accept the wish of the people without causing problem for himself at last? He has been embarrassing himself and muddling the name of the country. I think the man needs to be cautioned before he will end up worst like Gbagbo. The whole world is by every minutes watching him with all sots of dishonest manners. This is sad for him and him alone!!!

GMB/PYO

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use by donbenie(m): 8:33am On Mar 13, 2015
Ilekeh:
Anyways, she's indirectly asking GEJ to pass some money her too, like he did the other shameless nollywood celebs.

This is the season of taking pictures with new Lamborghinis.
Nonsense,it is her right to ask for compensation if her image rights is being used for any commercial,she's a brand,and in any sane society,you pay for the use of the said brand,there's nothing greedy about it,it's normal business practice..
Re: Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use by maestroferddi: 8:35am On Mar 13, 2015
aresa:

To start with, she not only lambasted your crooked and fraudulent president, she used the strongest terms to show her displeasure by calling your president a lair, a fraud, a selfish and disrespectful man and lastly she said this is about her image and what she represent, meaning what she represent shouldn't be associated with your worthless, corrupt, fraudulent and incompetent president...

You don't openly lambaste the president of Nigeria using the strongest and harshest terms while trying to negotiate... She is obviously not interested in any negotiation, she's openly lambasting your president for his crooked, deceptive, shameful, disrespectful and fraudulent which is very synonymous with your crooked president...conduct..

I'm 100% sure you are only working for your brown envelop, but that doesn't mean should turn yourself into a brainless zombie..

She's not talking about negotiation, I know you know how to read and comprehend and I'm not one of your clueless and TanNoid followers you spin around with your shallow and empty talk so don't come at me with that lame talk.

Your case is fast becoming pathetic. Anyways, it is understandable since you have realised that the dysfunctional product you are trying to market would roundly be rejected by discernible Nigerians within a fortnight. So it is natural to elicit unreasonable angst and frustration from you and your co-travellers.

A thinking brain would have seen that this report emanated from Punch, a paper comfortable with the infamy of misrepresentation and scaremongering.

When we get to hear from Blessing, I am sure the story would be a complete departure, as usual, from this asinine attempt to do a hack job.

Okagbare has a state governor. The governor is visibly prominent in the workings of this system. Delta State is a no-go area for the mendacity of APC and her coterie of angry,opinionated, spiteful, unpatriotic, vain glorious,hallucinatory, irascible and obnoxious supporters.

1 Like

Re: Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use by Imoy(m): 8:36am On Mar 13, 2015
aresa:
[s][/s]

You really have to be paid to flush your brain down inside toilet and replace it with cluelessness, zombie mentality and unintelligent ramblings..

aresa:

but that doesn't mean should turn yourself into a brainless zombie..

APC folks are just so full of themselves, they abuse at the slightest provocation.

Can't u argue constructively? Have u seen Barcanista use strong and insulting words like u?

#VoteNotFight

Meanwhile #GejTill2019.

1 Like

Re: Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use by Nobody: 8:36am On Mar 13, 2015
Okagbare was quoted two years ago during the
All Nigerian Open Championship in Calabar
lamenting that the Federal Government of Nigeria
was not doing enough to support her athletics
career saying that the only support she got was
from Delta State government.
Okagbare added in statement sent by her agent
to The PUNCH, “Now, I am here struggling on my
own to pay my coach, nutritionist, doctor and
others to make sure I am in good shape for the
All African Games and the IAAF World
Championship in Beijing, China, later in the year,
and some people back home are using my image
and footage for presidential campaign advertorial

WOW the federal government is very cruel,
Re: Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use by dafuturis(m): 8:37am On Mar 13, 2015
barcanista:
e be like you no read the same article wey I read. Blessing never said she doesn't want to associate with the most able President Ebele Jonathan. She said she expected the Support group to get her permission first. In other words, she wants negotiation.

Rather you're the one who couldn't digest the article

“It is not about financial support. It is about me and what I represent,” she
said

What does the embolden mean?
Re: Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use by angelsing(m): 8:40am On Mar 13, 2015
ichidodo:
C.ronaldo and messi are well paid for their image rights heck even Osaze,Mikel and Yobo...why can't she enjoy her own image rights and royalties?...she should sue that organisation for image theft and compensation.
ennnnn...Ichiplantain wat is happening to you since yesterday?...Another Gbamest response from you...Another 5 Gbosa for ichiplantain!.. Gbosa! Gbosa!! Gbosa!!! Gbosa!!!!! Gbosa!!!!!
Re: Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use by oyindare(m): 8:42am On Mar 13, 2015
Ilekeh:
Anyways, she's indirectly asking GEJ to pass some money her too, like he did the other shameless nollywood celebs.

u must be a part one fool oooo.you fit work make another man dey collect the money. ?see your long
bighead

Re: Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use by angelsing(m): 8:42am On Mar 13, 2015
babasanti:
All she is saying is make una find mE small choppings. Hungry athlete ranting rubbish.
It is this kind of comment that made me conclude GEJ has divided this country so much...So she is now an Hungry athlete? because she said the truth..
Re: Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use by Nobody: 8:43am On Mar 13, 2015
Wow Barcanister has become a proditor. I never knew he was so cheap and had a dark underbelly. Any right thinking individual who takes a peek at Jonathans Government would see the rot and decadence running rife therein. All He does is try to take credit for things he never did. Using other peoples sweat as a campaign tool. The guy has lost it and at this point it would be safe to say he is irredeemable. If i had a thousand lifetimes and was given a chance to vote in those lifetimes Jonathan would never feature on my list of choice. He is wicked, fraudulent, weak, careless, sees no value in others except for his selfish desires, does not think right and anyone or everyone who is in association with him is just like him...... VULTURES OF A FEATHER... FLOCKING TOGETHER!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use by bettercreature(m): 8:45am On Mar 13, 2015
Well i am not suprised,everybody is accusing him of being a liar,Obasanjo,Morroccan King and now this lady among hundreds of people
Re: Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use by san316(m): 8:45am On Mar 13, 2015
barcanista:

Negotiate her protection abi?
Re: Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use by Nobody: 8:47am On Mar 13, 2015
barcanista:

BTW: I am not paid

Liar!

Everyone should be wary of perfidious hungry sellouts like you, including Mr. President and his campaign team.
Re: Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use by Nobody: 8:49am On Mar 13, 2015
experimentist:
e be like say your eyes blind when you read the article or you put soap for eye.. She said the crooked govt of Jonadaf't is doing nothing in sport and business. She pays for her coach, nutritionist, doctor etc.. Jonadaf't did nothing to support her career now he wants to use her achievements for his useless and clueless campaign.. Thief!
She never said Jonathan, she accused the Support Group of not seeking her permission.
Re: Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use by johnsonjosbles(m): 8:53am On Mar 13, 2015
Afeter 2003.I meant to understand PDP is synonimous to scam. I could remenber during my University days, if you r queing for registration and sombody follow back door to efect sharp sharp stuff, every one loudly shout PDP meas you are a fruad. All over the country, the word/acronyms PDP mean fraud. Having basicaly understand this natural phenomeno, I'm suprise while some people still want pdp govt, knowing they are defrauding our future.
Re: Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use by angelsing(m): 8:57am On Mar 13, 2015
attoskoly:

if gej had banned athletics, she wouldn't have been known. If it's boko haram it's gej, if it's positive, not his govt. Pathetic!
Now that u have posted ur comment, kindly read it again so u will understand what u posted...If GeJ banned athletics?..Dude she has being an athlete in USA even before Jonathan became a president
Re: Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use by eleko1: 8:59am On Mar 13, 2015
grin wink grin cheesy grin cheesy
experimentist:
They think they can infect us with their CLUELESS VIRUS.Useless pipu angry sad angry.Yes! THIEVES angry sad angry sad ReAping where they nor sow.That barman is a shamelessone
Re: Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use by HighQue007: 9:00am On Mar 13, 2015
The lady is surprised GEJ and his associates lies.

Well.
We are used to thier lies here in Nigeria. With Naira falling badly against Dollar they still almost tell us our economy is the best in the world undecided
Re: Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use by angelsing(m): 9:02am On Mar 13, 2015
maestroferddi:
Your case is fast becoming pathetic. Anyways, it is understandable since you have realised that the dysfunctional product you are trying to market would roundly be rejected by discernible Nigerians within a fortnight. So it is natural to elicit unreasonable angst and frustration from you and your co-travellers.

A thinking brain would have seen that this report emanated from Punch, a paper comfortable with the infamy of misrepresentation and scaremongering.

When we get to hear from Blessing, I am sure the story would be a complete departure, as usual, from this asinine attempt to do a hack job.

Okagbare has a state governor. The governor is visibly prominent in the workings of this system. Delta State is a no-go area for the mendacity of APC and her coterie of angry,opinionated, spiteful, unpatriotic, vain glorious,hallucinatory, irascible and obnoxious supporters.
All this English just because Okagbare complained about using her image for campaign?...If they can take credit for this achievement, they shud also take credit for epileptic power supply, boko haram and raping us off our hard earn money to power our GEN
Re: Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use by QuiverBox(f): 9:03am On Mar 13, 2015
aresa:
[s][/s]

Not interested in your meaningless talk, I don't see or hear GEJ renouncing their fraudulent activities or disassociating himself from them. Like they say, silence is collusion.

Why is Shagari's case for another day? Nigerians don't want to be associated with the shame and embarrassment galled GEJ.

I have not heard APC or Buhari , investigate, Tinubu's ill gotten wealth and fruadulent activities as aired in the documentary. As you said silent is collusion too on the part of APC.

All Politicians are corrupt- Both APC and PDP no exception.

You guys should stop e- fighting for PDP and APC, Buhari's daughther and Osibanjo's could not withstand just 1 week of Internet Bashing. Here we are every day insulting each other.

Even in a Real world the politians Kids are no where to be found during Politicking.

Think Well My People , this E-Fighting is not worth it.
Re: Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use by deletrue: 9:03am On Mar 13, 2015
aresa:

Does it matter who did or who didn't do it? Fact remains that Nigerians don't want to be associated with the crooked, corrupt and incompetent national shame and embarrassment called Goodluck abi badluck jonathan..
Who is this riff raffs? Buhari whose neck, especially when looked from sideways appears half dead, a man whose entirety is forgery, an extremist whose main aim is to actualize the objective of Muslems who are out to only kill and destroy. Buhari's slongan: ''If you don't do it, you risk the life of death'' - AIT.
Buhari is 73 years old while Thief.nubu whose mouth produces the most offensive odour capable of sending a number of people to untimly death should be the first be regarded as National Shame.
Do you know how many deaths Thiefnu.bu's smelling mouth has caused? Do you know that Ebola is far better than that Thiefnu.bu's mouth odour?
Re: Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use by prophetfire: 9:04am On Mar 13, 2015
This govt is synonymous with lies and deception.okagbare is now part of jona's achievement. Shameless people.
Re: Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use by angelsing(m): 9:08am On Mar 13, 2015
barcanista:
She never said Jonathan, she accused the Support Group of not seeking her permission.
I like ur gentle man response even though insult were thrown at u but seriously I still find it hard u can now defend GEJ like u are doing...Freedom of association but whenever I see ur comment this days I just wonder how someone can change drastically over night!...I don't want to believe u are paid oo but am still a Fan....Sai buhari all the way!
Re: Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use by MrT2011(m): 9:11am On Mar 13, 2015
kramer:
[size=14pt]In other words she wants her share of the national meat pie[/size] grin

My dear of cause na. They are suppose to pay her for it.
Re: Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use by ibietela2(m): 9:14am On Mar 13, 2015
berem:
so sad! You can imagine?
I wish she can sue the hell out of those responsible for the useless advert. Using someone's image to promote a clueless government without her permission is the height of disrespect for the athlete.

Delta state government did their own part to sponsor Okagbare,what did the federal government do? Absolutely nothing!

The super falcons are yet to be compensated and hosted by the clueless dolt in Aso Rock and the girls are very bitter about it that their president couldn't appreciate their efforts in making Nigeria proud.
Jonathan prefers to dine with a failure like Joseph Yobo but he ignores the Super Falcons who have been making us proud consistently.

Change is imminent! Enough is enough!!

When will you be something so they can use your pictures too? Or is she not your fellow woman?
Re: Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use by lebete3000: 9:14am On Mar 13, 2015
Ilekeh:

And doesn't she deserve it more than those shameless useless nollywood clowns?

Nigeria always rewarding useless things
Re: Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use by PassingShot(m): 9:17am On Mar 13, 2015
barcanista:

There are times that remaining silent is far better thing for you to do than attempting to defend nonsense.

Aresa and other real progressives have just taught you a lesson here. Learn to know when silence is golden.
Re: Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use by SIRTee15: 9:17am On Mar 13, 2015
oseo1:

I had the pleasure of meeting several olympians during my school days and guess what, when you turn professional YOU pay for your coaches and whoever else you want on your team, Nigerians want the government to do everything for them. Yes I agree we should have a National coach, but to expect the government to pay for individuals is just foolish.

What happens is that when you run for your country you get recognition and international fame thereby making you more relevant to sponsors and companies for endorsements.

The US does NOT pay their athletes, the only pay for transportation and logistics, their athletes compete for national pride. Their sponsors (Nike, Adidas, ....) generally pay them and they pay their individual coaches. The average Nigerian athlete is only loyal to the money they get from Naija, there is next to no National pride.

Oga don't come here and say what u don't know.
Yes, american govt do not directly sponsor their professional athletes.
But the various athletic clubs receives support from govt n corporate bodies alike.
In the u.k, athletics clubs receive funding from both municipal n central govt.
With this funding, the clubs take care of their athletes n helps them compete.
Besides virtually all amateur athletes are under one form scholarship n they do receive training grants.
Now its a bit different in developing countries who takes sport seriously.
The govt funds and sponsor this athletes directly.
The govt establishe national athletic clubs that will be directly responsible for training, development, welfare, progress n competitiveness of both amateur n professional athletes.
The clubs employ national teams coaches, physiotherapists, trainers, nutritionists, psychologists etc for the athletes.
That's how in done in Jamaica, China, Ethiopia, kenya, Cuba n even Russia.
And that's why their athletes perform well in international competitions.
Re: Okagbare Slams Jonathan’s Campaign Group Over Image Use by johnsonjosbles(m): 9:18am On Mar 13, 2015
barcanista:
Uncle, I have always insisted that the people Okagbare blasted wasn't GEJ Campaign but one of the numerous Support Groups. If you must know, support groups though work for the success of a particular candidate, they do their things independently. Nobody can do fraudulent thing on behalf of a person UNLESS the person commissions it. The ONLY Group that can officially speak for GEJ's Campaign is GEJ Presidential Campaign Organisation. As for Shagari, that is a subject for another day.
sterbon in stupidi*ty, BACANISTER means blindbrainless.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Argentina And Brazil Stars Train For Copa America Semi-final Showdown / Vincent Enyeama & Wife, Promise In A Hot Tub / Super Eagles Players Honour Ighalo's Father At Maracana Stadium

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.