Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,049 members, 7,956,906 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 10:09 PM

Strings And Webs - Literature (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Strings And Webs (69826 Views)

Strings (poem) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strings And Webs by Nobody: 10:27am On Apr 14, 2015
Psalmwise:
THRONEKID IS ALSO A MEMBER OF TDAN(THREAD DERAILERS ASSOCIATION OF NAIRALAND)

Thats all...,

Just hope he won't end this story like kinwayne did....with d way hes postponing update

Instead mak e cum update nah whatsapp number he dey collect all over NL cheesy

Sorry, Bro. I just did. Make do with it.
Re: Strings And Webs by Nobody: 10:30am On Apr 14, 2015
toykathy:
thronekid whtz up? No update yet?
I'm sorry, Ma. I just did. Abeg, manage am.

1 Like

Re: Strings And Webs by Nobody: 10:33am On Apr 14, 2015
Teespice:
hmmmmmm

plenty side talk esp from the OP and no update. it is well.

your thread anyways.
I'm sorry, Ma. Please, make do with the little I offered. I'll work on my updates.

Been having Battery ish.

Sorry.
Re: Strings And Webs by Nobody: 10:34am On Apr 14, 2015
harjibolar10:

HOW I wish the OP understand that phrase

Thanks for that ma'am
Ofcourse, I don't. I'm very sorry, sir.
Re: Strings And Webs by Nobody: 12:43pm On Apr 14, 2015
6v

Jolade laid dejectedly on her bed. She had just managed to have a shower. Her eyes clearly depicted her situation. She had almost cried her eyes out on her drive home. She wondered how things could be turning out this way.

Her room was dark unparallelly already but she never deemed it fit to switch on the lights. The ambience was really chilly now, yet she wore nothing albeit a light saffron gown. Much more pressing issues, she felt were tugging at her mind. Issues, she thought were more paramount than her happiness.

Anabelle had a fiance, already- she withstood that but having a promotion again, life surely wasn't fair with her. Anabelle who she felt was a slut, how bad could things be!

She heaped blame on herself for wasting some minutes with Anabelle. Had she stormed out as her heart seriously ached she would, when she met her with their mum, she wouldn't have heard the shit she was fed with, she felt. She thought life was being unfair to her.

Law of karma, she believed exists. She knew it would catch up with Anabelle soon, then, she'd have the best laugh. She wished for Anabelle's past to come calling soon and uncounsciously though, she placed her happiness in Anabelle's hands. She would never be happy until her other half falter- until their mom realizes her bad characters. She marvelled what could be placing a bar on that now.

Her mind drifted to Paul. She missed him. Now, she needed him most.

Anabelle smiled at Daniel out of pure love. She admired the way it seemed his whole attention was on the street when in truth, it was on her. He reminded her of a joker.

Daniel's gaze wasn't fixed on the street. He drove with little concentration. The night's earlier events were still fresh in his memories. He pondered on everything that happened and wondered what could've gone amiss between Anabelle's half and her mum. He judged it quite strange.

That didn't alter his view about his 'fiance' though. He still found her wonderful and the best he could ever meet. Her reaction got him more endeared to her. She was glowing, still to him. He could never give her up in exchange for anything. She was doing well also. He loved everything about her.

He was in a state of sublime ecstasy or so, he felt. He devoted less attention to the steering and placed his less idle hand on Anabelle's shoulder. She smiled at him. They spoke no words but they perfectly understood each other. They felt life was smiling at them.

After about twenty more minutes of blissful driving, he got to Anabelle's apartment and halted. It was a few minutes to ten already. Everything was fathomably grave yardish.

Anabelle hopped out and he got off too. They stared at eachother and both yearned for more.
Anabelle almost asked him to stay back, but couldn't. She just couldn't.

"See you tommorrow. Have a nice sleep," Daniel bade.
"Bye, Dan," she replied and walked up to him. "Have this," she said and pecked him lightly.

Daniel smiled. He wished more would follow.
"Bye," he hopped in his car.

As he slept on his bed that night, he had a joyous smile on his face. It was mutual.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strings And Webs by Teespice(f): 2:26pm On Apr 14, 2015
ThR0NeKiD:

I'm sorry, Ma. Please, make do with the little I offered. I'll work on my updates.

Been having Battery ish.

Sorry.

battery ish since sunday

I believe you though.

if you ask me I think you should channel more of your energy into the story than chit chatting.
Re: Strings And Webs by Nobody: 3:40pm On Apr 14, 2015
Teespice:

battery ish since sunday

I believe you though.

if you ask me I think you should channel more of your energy into the story than chit chatting.

Okay Ma'am. God bless.
Enjoy!
Re: Strings And Webs by aprilwise(m): 4:38pm On Apr 14, 2015
Am kinda speechless while reading this story from page 1 to here. Am wondering what cause the problem between the twins. Many drama with soon be unfolding. A wonderful masterpiece.
Re: Strings And Webs by Nobody: 7:16pm On Apr 14, 2015
aprilwise:
Am kinda speechless while reading this story from page 1 to here. Am wondering what cause the problem between the twins. Many drama with soon be unfolding. A wonderful masterpiece.
The problem might continue for a long time, sir. Who knows what the future holds?
Thanks for following from Page 1.
Re: Strings And Webs by Nobody: 10:48am On Apr 15, 2015
thronekid oya nah.. Am back ooo you need to give me more updates..
Re: Strings And Webs by kingphilip(m): 12:02pm On Apr 15, 2015
Teespice:
hmmmmmm

plenty side talk esp from the OP and no update. it is well.

your thread anyways.
pisses people off I guess
Re: Strings And Webs by kingphilip(m): 12:15pm On Apr 15, 2015
Wow nice thronekid keep up the updates

You've got a nice story line here
Re: Strings And Webs by Nobody: 6:59pm On Apr 15, 2015
7i

Paul got up from his seat. He paced around his office, pondering on issues he couldn't even explain. He had brooded all day. He hadn't even been able to work on any file despite the voluminous paramount files that laid helplessly- some seemingly screaming inaudibly for breath as huge books laid on them, on his table, clamouring for his attention. He felt it had been an hectic day, though he did virtually nothing albeit wallowing almost endlessly on his newly acquired leather chair.

He hadn't call Jolade for a couple of days ago. He was busy trying to sort things out in his head first. He even refused to pick her call when she did, earlier that day. He had begun to feel ashamed and terrible. He had lost faith in his integrity. He felt Jolade wouldn't know who he had become.
Anabelle was beautiful, nice and all- fine, but he never thought he'd stoop so low as to even think of betraying Jolade. That was inhumane. Anyone would do anything to own her but here he was, playing games with her emotions.

He remembered the good memories they had had together. The lovely trance inducing words they had often exchanged. No! he muttered under his breath and sank back on his swivelling chair.

A tear rolled off his left eye. He wiped it off and sighed. He was ready to let go Anabelle for Jolade. He had often called her his life. Now, he felt, was the time to prove it.

He gazed at the ticking clock that carried its duty dilligently out like it knew nothing of his plight. It was some minutes to Five. He wore his black jacket on the white shirt that hugged his body tightly and walked out. He was going to right things.

Anabelle giggled excitedly. She had just gotten off the phone with Daniel. They had utilized almost thirty minutes on the phone. He regarded hisself as her Fiance now. He was anyways, so, no qualms.

It was some minutes past seven already. She wore a light vivid gown. She never minded the gradual alteration the ambience was going through. She felt 'super' joyous.

He had always been loving and all. She almost couldn't wait for the moment he would ring her. She looked excitedly to the day. He sure knew how to fathom situations, too. He was yet to breath a word about the little drama Jolade displayed, it was two days gone now. She felt he expected her to sort things out on her own. She was more than capable of that.
She found herself lost of the drive behind Jola's acts, though. She marvelled how a sister could loathe her that much, or atleast, seemed to.

Her mind drifted away from Jolade. She needed her calm and joy now. Her boss had informed her she would be going on her first trip in five days time. He advised her not to falter. She wouldn't either, how would she! She was really looking forward to the D-day. She would ensure her boss had reasons to sing melodiously, her praises.

She giggled sheepishly again. She felt she had heard from Hakeem a long while ago. She picked up her phone and dialled his number. She waited a bit. Hakeem picked.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strings And Webs by Nobody: 7:00pm On Apr 15, 2015
kingphilip:
Wow nice thronekid keep up the updates

You've got a nice story line here
Thank you, sir. I hope to keep it on.
Thanks for following.
Re: Strings And Webs by Nobody: 7:03pm On Apr 15, 2015
prettydiva89:
thronekid oya nah.. Am back ooo you need to give me more updates..
You're welcome, ma.
Thanks.
Re: Strings And Webs by Nobody: 7:07pm On Apr 15, 2015
oya miss thronekid be nice and give us more updates...

Btw jola and jaye should sort themselves out biko
Re: Strings And Webs by Nobody: 8:44pm On Apr 15, 2015
Jolade is just annoying me wit her attitude, wat kind
of crazy life is dat? y will she pause her life cos of sum1 dat doesn't even hv her tym? Ehn? Nawa ooo. I just hope she gets back to her senses as soon as possible.

Paul, me i dnt knw wats wrong wit dat guy o.

Thronekid thanks 4 d updates, expecting more.
Re: Strings And Webs by harjibolar10(m): 8:44pm On Apr 15, 2015
Oga thronekid, oya lets go there

Weather they sort it out or not, jaiye still remain my favourite character, at least for now... Mehn I like determined soul, and I see that in jaye.. . Egbon, I hope you you won't change the way you're portraying her ooo.. ..

Anyways, keep em coming
Re: Strings And Webs by Nobody: 8:13pm On Apr 16, 2015
7ii

Jolade tossed on her bed restively. She had laid on the bed since noon, when she completed her laundary. It was almost dusk and the Sun was gradually getting shadowed by the chilly dim clouds. She felt afflicted by the pangs of hunger as her stomach showed constant signs of being gnawed at. She was yet to have her lunch. She knew she had various food stuffs to last her some months but she felt, just too fatigued, or rather, disoriented to prepare anything.

All day long, she had brooded over her half. She had been going through a rigorous battle of forgiveness and dignity. She felt wronged by Anabelle, ofcourse, but the feeling that she had taken things too far had begun creeping in. She felt sorry for herself. She was literally moping.

She felt reconciling never meant she would begin regarding Anabelle, a saint but atleast, she'd gain some favours with her mum. Her mum had been the cause from the onset, she thought. She had always been Anabelle's wing-lady despite her acts. She had always made her felt as a mere surplus to the family. Someone who would never be appreciated.

She thought about the various acts, her mum had exhibited towards her. The one she experienced first was the one that had induced the loathing of her mum since her University days. It happened when she and Anabelle had just being admitted into high school. She had a little fracas with her mum and she, being a naive 'J. J. C' had trusted someone too much. That too much had haunted her since. A tear drop rolled down her left sided cheek and she wiped it off quickly. It was a memory she never wanted to revisit. She had always made do with everything.

Nevertheless, she was going to reconcile with Anabelle. She wouldn't forgive her, though. She still hoped and wished, karma caught up with her. She would make up with Anabelle, get her mom's favours, make Paul happy and, get married. That was her gameplan. She would create a facade, keep it burning but only, to acheive her aim, though. Now, she was gradually evolving into a dangerous lady.

The ambience got a bit breezy. The air got darker than it was. The view from the segment of her window not covered by the silky curtains, showed the clouds were getting dim and windy. It might rain soon.

She got up and adjusted her curtains. She felt at peace, a bit now.
"Grrr grrr grrr grrr grrr," her phone rang out and she picked. A smile splitted her face as she saw the caller. It was Paul. She picked anxiously, "Hello!".

Hakeem groaned as he slumped on the couch in the sitting room. He had been feeling unwell for the past couple of days. Severe pains had engulfed his body joints. He had learnt nothing from the lectures he took earlier. He felt something was wrong.

It was raining cats and dogs, then. The city gutters gurggled ominously. He would have visited the hospital but for the situation. He shivered up and trudged to his room. He slumped on his bed and wrapped a dulvet over his body. He felt cold.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Strings And Webs by Nobody: 8:41pm On Apr 16, 2015
7ii

Jolade tossed on her bed restively. She had laid on the bed since noon, when she completed her laundary. It was almost dusk and the Sun was gradually getting shadowed by the chilly dim clouds. She felt afflicted by the pangs of hunger as her stomach showed constant signs of being gnawed at. She was yet to have her lunch. She knew she had various food stuffs to last her some months but she felt, just too fatigued, to prepare anything.

All day long, she had brooded over her half. She had been going through a rigorous battle of forgiveness and dignity. She felt wronged by Anabelle, ofcourse, but the feeling that she had taken things too far had begun creeping in. She felt sorry for herself. She was literally moping.

She felt reconciling never meant she would begin regarding Anabelle, a saint but atleast, she'd gain some favours with her mum. Her mum had been the cause from the onset, she thought. She had always been Anabelle's wing-lady despite her acts. She had always made her felt as a mere surplus to the family. Someone who would never be appreciated.

She thought about the various acts, her mum had exhibited towards her. The one she experienced first was the one that had induced the loathing of her mum since her University days. It happened when she and Anabelle had just being admitted into high school. She had a little fracas with her mum and she, being a naive 'JJC' had trusted someone too much. That too much had haunted her since. A tear drop rolled down her left sided cheek and she wiped it off quickly. It was a memory she never wanted to revisit. She had always made do with everything.

Nevertheless, she was going to reconcile with Anabelle. She wouldn't forgive her, though. She still hoped and wished, karma would catch up with her. She would make up with Anabelle, get her mom's favours, make Paul happy and, get married. That was her gameplan. She would create a facade, keep it burning but only, to acheive her aim, though. Now, she was gradually evolving into a dangerous lady.

The ambience got a bit breezy. The air got darker than it was. The view from the segment of her window not covered by the silky curtains, showed the clouds were getting dim and windy. It might rain soon.

She got up and adjusted her curtains. She felt at peace, a bit now.
"Grrr grrr grrr grrr grrr," her phone rang out and she picked. A smile splitted her face as she saw the caller. It was Paul. She picked anxiously, "Hello!".

Hakeem groaned as he slumped on the couch in the sitting room. He hadn't been feeling well for the past couple of days. Severe pains had engulfed his body joints. He had learnt nothing from the lectures he took earlier. He felt something was wrong.

It was raining cats and dogs, then. The city gutters gushed ominously. He would have visited the hospital but for the situation. He shivered up and trudged to his room. He slumped on his bed and wrapped a dulvet over his body. He felt cold.
Re: Strings And Webs by curvyschlong(m): 8:50pm On Apr 16, 2015
Lovely read.
Re: Strings And Webs by jezuzboi(m): 10:57pm On Apr 16, 2015
It's now I'm really picturing the go of things in this story.

Let me reserve my observations 4 now.

But I think there is more 2 Jolade than words have depicted.

Thronekid, updates are appreciated
Re: Strings And Webs by Obinnau(m): 11:02pm On Apr 16, 2015
i have unbanned you, i believe its the spambot thats messing up
Re: Strings And Webs by Nobody: 3:31am On Apr 17, 2015
prettydiva89:
oya miss thronekid be nice and give us more updates...

Btw jola and jaye should sort themselves out biko
They might, soon. Thanks for stopping by.
Re: Strings And Webs by Nobody: 3:32am On Apr 17, 2015
adeh39:
Jolade is just annoying me wit her attitude, wat kind
of crazy life is dat? y will she pause her life cos of sum1 dat doesn't even hv her tym? Ehn? Nawa ooo. I just hope she gets back to her senses as soon as possible.

Paul, me i dnt knw wats wrong wit dat guy o.

Thronekid thanks 4 d updates, expecting more.
I'm with you on this too, ma. Who knoows what the future holds?
Thanks for stopping by.
Re: Strings And Webs by Nobody: 3:34am On Apr 17, 2015
harjibolar10:
Oga thronekid, oya lets go there

Weather they sort it out or not, jaiye still remain my favourite character, at least for now... Mehn I like determined soul, and I see that in jaye.. . Egbon, I hope you you won't change the way you're portraying her ooo.. ..

Anyways, keep em coming
It is not of the writer's power, the priviledge of shaping a character, sir. It's the events that occurs.

Thanks for stopping by.
Re: Strings And Webs by Nobody: 3:37am On Apr 17, 2015
jezuzboi:
It's now I'm really picturing the go of things in this story.

Let me reserve my observations 4 now.

But I think there is more 2 Jolade than words have depicted.

Thronekid, updates are appreciated
I'm happy you're getting the hang of the story, sir. Regarding Jolade, you might be right. Who knows?
Thanks for dropping by.
Re: Strings And Webs by Nobody: 3:38am On Apr 17, 2015
Obinnau:
i have unbanned you, i believe its the spambot thats messing up
Thanks a lot, sir. I appreciate it.
Re: Strings And Webs by Nobody: 3:41am On Apr 17, 2015
Hi, guys. You should scroll up whenever you get here.
Re: Strings And Webs by Mhizashantee1(f): 8:18am On Apr 17, 2015
curvyschlong:
Hi Ma'am Ishilove and sir Obinnau, its Thronekid. I'm currently using a friend's account. I've been trying to post an update but keeps getting banned by the anti-spam bot. I've used the two accounts of mine but got the same result. Kindly check it out.

Please. I'll post what I've been trying to post. There's no special character in it.

Thanks.
sir obinnau ThRoNeKiD have been banned again
Re: Strings And Webs by harjibolar10(m): 8:46am On Apr 17, 2015
curvyschlong:
Hi Ma'am Ishilove and sir Obinnau, its Thronekid. I'm currently using a friend's account. I've been trying to post an update but keeps getting banned by the anti-spam bot. I've used the two accounts of mine but got the same result. Kindly check it out.

Please. I'll post what I've been trying to post. There's no special character in it.

Thanks.
Thronekid said and I quote :

"with another account. Now, when I tried to modify something from the post that got me banned, the bot banned me again."

The anti spam bot ban him again while trying to modify the post that got him banned in the first place, so I will implore the mod in charge to please look into the matter. Thanks

Cc: Obinnau
Ishilove

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (30) (Reply)

Marvel Chronicles 2 :executive Sanction / Baggage Claim / Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.