Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,100 members, 7,856,390 topics. Date: Monday, 10 June 2024 at 06:47 PM

Immigration Recruitment Tragedy: Families Of Deceased Get N75m, Employment Lette - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Immigration Recruitment Tragedy: Families Of Deceased Get N75m, Employment Lette (836 Views)

Politician Adopts Orphaned Daughter Of Deceased Gunpowder Accident Victim / Frozen Account: Ozekhome Kicks, Says Fayose Paid Me N75m As Legal Fees / Immigration Recruitment Tragedy: Families Of Deceased Get N75m, Employment Lette (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Immigration Recruitment Tragedy: Families Of Deceased Get N75m, Employment Lette by ozoigbondu: 7:57pm On Mar 13, 2015
President Goodluck Jonathan Friday handed out  N75 million (N5million each) as well as employment letters to families of those who lost their lives in the botched immigration recruitment exercise last year.
President Jonathan’s gesture was in fulfillment of his promise that  three members each from the families of those who lost their lives would be compensated.
The event which took place at the press briefing room of the presidential Villa had in attendance the Minister of Interior, Abba Moro as well as the Comptroller General of Immigration, David Paradang, the supervising Minister of Information, Edem Duke and other government officials.
Each of the families of the deceased, was handed a cheque of five million naira each, while three family members were each given employment letters.
President Jonathan in a brief remark after handing over the cheques and employment letters promised that such incidence would not repeat itself again.
” I promise this country that such will not happen again. This will be the last of such things” he emphasised.
He said the monies given to the families of the deceased should not be seen as compensation because it cannot replace the lives lost.
The Comptroller General of the Immigration Service, David Paradang told journalists that out of the 45 candidates ten had to be replaced because they did not meet the criteria of the service.
He explained that some of them were shorter than required, overweight or over aged adding that the families of the ten have been asked to bring replacement for the slots.
He noted that some of them who are graduates were employed as Assistant Superintendent, those with National Certificate of Education (NCE) were employed as Assistant Inspectors while those with the West African school certificate (WASC) were employed as Immigration Officers 3.
The service has currently resumed the employment exercise. Paradang said the service intends to recruit a total of 2,000 officers less the already slated 45 slots.
Minister of Interior, Abba Moro said the government accepts the incident as an act that was not planned for.
He said those wounded in the exercise will not be forgotten adding that they will be included in the second phase recruitment which is ongoing till May.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/immigration-recruitment-tragedy-families-of-deceased-get-n75m-employment-letters/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Immigration Recruitment Tragedy: Families Of Deceased Get N75m, Employment Lette by garrix8: 8:00pm On Mar 13, 2015
Lubbish...

1 Like

Re: Immigration Recruitment Tragedy: Families Of Deceased Get N75m, Employment Lette by itetemi: 8:01pm On Mar 13, 2015
too little too late.

even the 1,000 naira they collected from the youths is more than 75million.

not to mention lives...............

5 Likes

Re: Immigration Recruitment Tragedy: Families Of Deceased Get N75m, Employment Lette by garrix8: 8:03pm On Mar 13, 2015
Two weeks to the election he suddenly remembers the families of those his Govt murdered...

When is he going to sack Abba Morro??

When will he refund the money collected from the thousands of others??

When will Jonadunce have some sense??

Sai Baba

Sai Buhari

#ihavedecided

5 Likes

Re: Immigration Recruitment Tragedy: Families Of Deceased Get N75m, Employment Lette by kestolove95(m): 8:03pm On Mar 13, 2015
Since wey u become president na d smal beta tin wey u don do bdix but e no mean sae we knw go. Vote u out cum march28

By d way, wat abt d 1k of odas?

Sai buhari
Re: Immigration Recruitment Tragedy: Families Of Deceased Get N75m, Employment Lette by Nobody: 8:03pm On Mar 13, 2015
What will happen to d minister?

Nobody gets punished abi?

Na wa o

1 Like

Re: Immigration Recruitment Tragedy: Families Of Deceased Get N75m, Employment Lette by Creamz(m): 8:05pm On Mar 13, 2015
First of all the annoying thing was that nobody was sacked for the nation wide scam. The second thing that comes to mind is why now? Its been a year this incident happened, why did he just give them the job and money now. Is it that he is trying to buy their sympathy? The third thing is that what will happen to all those whose money was fraudulently by the ministry of interior? Will the government now refund it now that they are doing everything possible to get to their hearts undecided? Conclusion, if Our elected leaders do everything to please the electorates during election year, don't you think its wise to hold elections every year considering the fact now that Our soldiers have now been able to fight off boko haram in just 6 weeks

1 Like

Re: Immigration Recruitment Tragedy: Families Of Deceased Get N75m, Employment Lette by dein77(m): 8:07pm On Mar 13, 2015
I'm somewhat happy the President has fulfilled his vow but why NOW? Mr President usually display poor TIMING when it comes to executing most of his ideas. Also from hindsight, those deaths were totally preventable; the management of the exercise was poor and criminal. There was no reason whatsoever why such crowds were allowed to have assembled in the manner they did.

It didn't require rocket science to have batched applicants, instead of the shambolic and criminal display of poor crowd management from the NIS.

I hope we can learn from this totally preventable incident, make proper arrangements, and move on as a people!

Also, as a people, I'm yet to understand us. The crowd at Abuja was more than enough to demand the immediate sack or removal of ABBA MORO, but alas, it was blown and wasted, and today, the idiotic minister is still receiving his outrageous, humongous salaries. Indeed, Nigerians, like Lagbaja recently said, are nothing but a very docile, timid and extremely selfish people!

Those who despise the errors of the past, are doomed to repeat them! I just hope we learn!

May their souls rest in peace!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Immigration Recruitment Tragedy: Families Of Deceased Get N75m, Employment Lette by courage54(m): 8:08pm On Mar 13, 2015
WHY DID HE HAVE TO WAIT TILL TWO WEEKS TO ELECTION BEFORE COMPENSATING THE FAMILY?
JONATHAN! SO WHAT ABOUT MY OWN ONE THOUSAND NAIRA?

IT IS TOO LATE BECAUSE #IHAVEDECIDED

TO

VOTE

BUHARI/OSINBAJO
Re: Immigration Recruitment Tragedy: Families Of Deceased Get N75m, Employment Lette by Nobody: 8:11pm On Mar 13, 2015
Oh what a good gesture...........................

But As it concerns Gej, what a set of clueless moves.
Jonathan thinks nigerians are dumbs, well, the ones that are dumb
are his supporters who will clap for him for such a foolish gesture
when we all know why he is doing it, but we have resolved, that
you are definitely leaving aso rock to face criminal and economic crimes prosecution
Re: Immigration Recruitment Tragedy: Families Of Deceased Get N75m, Employment Lette by dein77(m): 8:11pm On Mar 13, 2015
This is one very ugly incident I'm yet to get over! It was so painful and depressing to see my fellow , youthful and hard working Nigerians get killed in the preventable manner it happened.

And to think Abba Moro is still the minister of Interior shows that as a people, we can tolerate just about anything.
Re: Immigration Recruitment Tragedy: Families Of Deceased Get N75m, Employment Lette by Abduletudaye(m): 8:12pm On Mar 13, 2015
Will all these bring back the dead??

It is well.. sad
Re: Immigration Recruitment Tragedy: Families Of Deceased Get N75m, Employment Lette by Clerverly: 8:14pm On Mar 13, 2015
Reminding Nigerians of another good reason to vote him out! angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Immigration Recruitment Tragedy: Families Of Deceased Get N75m, Employment Lette by LordMecuzy(m): 8:18pm On Mar 13, 2015
My 1k nko and transport cost I spent traveling from Benue to Imo for this recruitment... well dis is d major reason I'm not going to vote for you GEJ...

2 Likes

Re: Immigration Recruitment Tragedy: Families Of Deceased Get N75m, Employment Lette by Arch1: 8:22pm On Mar 13, 2015
Too little too late ... Jonathan, you are going back to Otuekwe
Re: Immigration Recruitment Tragedy: Families Of Deceased Get N75m, Employment Lette by mycar: 8:22pm On Mar 13, 2015
Well, better late than never, meanwhile when are they refunding other applicants?
Re: Immigration Recruitment Tragedy: Families Of Deceased Get N75m, Employment Lette by armadeo(m): 8:33pm On Mar 13, 2015
ok.

election don near and its time to spend money.

good one though if true even though many of them might not still vote you. all the best oga jona
Re: Immigration Recruitment Tragedy: Families Of Deceased Get N75m, Employment Lette by Nobody: 8:44pm On Mar 13, 2015
***yaaaawwwnn**** wake me up when he sacks Moro
Re: Immigration Recruitment Tragedy: Families Of Deceased Get N75m, Employment Lette by kheart(m): 9:02pm On Mar 13, 2015
I m very sure our 1k has been use for campaign.
Even d blood of d innocent youth murdered by Moro/Gej ll ensure gej route back to otuoke by God grace.

(1) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Could Not Be Accredited / Protest In Aba As Inec Election Is Yet To Commence / DSS, Army Clampdown On APC Chieftains In Okorocha’s Village

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.