Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,777 members, 7,817,201 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:09 AM

Fact Remains That A Change In Government Will Make Our Politicians Sit Tight - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fact Remains That A Change In Government Will Make Our Politicians Sit Tight (1026 Views)

Governor Al-Makura Lying On Bug-Infested Mattress In Government School (Pic) / I Can't Promise My Government Will Find Missing Chibok Girls - Buhari / Boko Haram Leader “Abubakar Shekau” Reportedly In Government Custody (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fact Remains That A Change In Government Will Make Our Politicians Sit Tight by vicadex07(m): 1:01am On Mar 14, 2015
Whether APC, PDP, APGA or whatever, fact remains that if change can be effected at the federal level, our politicians will seize to take us for granted.

If the new government fails to perform, the fear that they risk eviction will make them sit up.

8 Likes

Re: Fact Remains That A Change In Government Will Make Our Politicians Sit Tight by vicadex07(m): 1:04am On Mar 14, 2015
A healthy sense of competition will be created amongst them to please the electorates

3 Likes

Re: Fact Remains That A Change In Government Will Make Our Politicians Sit Tight by vicadex07(m): 1:06am On Mar 14, 2015
For Nigeria to make a really reasonable turnaround, our electoral laws must be reformed in a way that the central government has no influence whatsoever on electoral matters

2 Likes

Re: Fact Remains That A Change In Government Will Make Our Politicians Sit Tight by tit(f): 1:10am On Mar 14, 2015
NO CHANGE NOW.
LENIN GOODLUCK STAYS!
Re: Fact Remains That A Change In Government Will Make Our Politicians Sit Tight by vicadex07(m): 1:13am On Mar 14, 2015
tit:
NO CHANGE NOW.
LENIN GOODLUCK STAYS!

Care to convince me
Re: Fact Remains That A Change In Government Will Make Our Politicians Sit Tight by vicadex07(m): 1:23am On Mar 14, 2015
tit:
NO CHANGE NOW.
LENIN GOODLUCK STAYS!

Care to convince me...cos to me, change still remains a "better" option.

Note "better" in quote. Obviously just about any other party will perform tremendously better than PDP if given the chance.

PDP has institutionalised corruption and tribalism into their party constitution

2 Likes

Re: Fact Remains That A Change In Government Will Make Our Politicians Sit Tight by Nobody: 1:50am On Mar 14, 2015
If you commend Amaechi incessant attacks on President
Jonathan, but complain about Gov. Ayo Fayose's vitiolic
punches on General Buhari.... You are a hypocrite
If you clap for Alhaji Lai Muhammed, but boo Doyin Okupe....
You need to Hypo your brain
If you believe everything you hear, read and watch on Sahara
TV/Reporters, Premium Times, but disbelieve AIT and NTA..
You thinking is stinking.
If you trust Ekiti Audio Tape that indicted Senator Obanikoro,
but don't believe the AIT Asiwaju Tinubu's Documentary...
Please, accept my heartily "Waaaka''
It is not in GEJ's admin that Idris Abdulkareem sang ''Nigeria
Jaga Jaga'' oh.
It is not in GEJ's admin that Africa China sang '' Our
government baaado'', Food no dey''
We need prayers, not players.
100 LIKE FOR GEJ!!!

xml

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fact Remains That A Change In Government Will Make Our Politicians Sit Tight by tit(f): 2:08am On Mar 14, 2015
vicadex07:

Care to convince me...cos to me, change still remains a "better" option.

Note "better" in quote. Obviously just about any other party will perform tremendously better than PDP if given the chance.

PDP has institutionalised corruption and tribalism into their party constitution

Goodluck is the only man who has the insight to transform Nigeria.
A return to buhari is a return to the old unworkable system that has brought us to this sorry state.
Nigeria is like an addict.
We too like easy life and do not want to work hard for the good things of life.
Buhari wants to return us to the easy life of addiction.
A life where we do not have value for the good things in life
And we are puppets to foreign neo-colonialists!

Goodluck is gently steering us away from a life of addiction.
The treatment is not easy and some of us are suffering from withdrawal symptoms.

Stay the course.
Lift your eyes and see the benefits that come with real freedom!
And become part of a transformed nation.
A real giant of Africa.
Re: Fact Remains That A Change In Government Will Make Our Politicians Sit Tight by Areacode213: 5:31am On Mar 14, 2015
tit:

A return to buhari is a return to the old unworkable system that has brought us to this sorry state.

The treatment is not easy and some of us are suffering from withdrawal symptoms.

Stay the course.
A real giant of Africa.

Withdrawal symptoms?

Are you trying to gaslight the miserable majority of your compatriots? For your sake, hope your lines above are a joke. Else even Joseph Goebbels himself couldn't have put it better.

1 Like

Re: Fact Remains That A Change In Government Will Make Our Politicians Sit Tight by Bishop4bella(m): 5:52am On Mar 14, 2015
The fact remains that let us let them know that we use our vote to put them their and we can as well remove them with it if not performing.

1 Like

Re: Fact Remains That A Change In Government Will Make Our Politicians Sit Tight by Ngwakwe: 6:11am On Mar 14, 2015
vicadex07:

Care to convince me

A new government in this period of austerity will only resort to excuses and more excuses.

The cost of setting up new government amid report of dwindling income will disgrace the new regime who will in turn impose unbearable burden on Nigerians.

Allow GEJ to manage the consequences of fall in Oil price by diversifying the economy without excuses and more burden on Nigerians.
Re: Fact Remains That A Change In Government Will Make Our Politicians Sit Tight by seanet02: 6:22am On Mar 14, 2015
What does it cost to change a government? Does it cost 20 billion dollars?
Ngwakwe:

A new government in this period of austerity will only resort to excuses and more excuses.

The cost of setting up new government amid report of dwindling income will disgrace the new regime who will in turn impose unbearable burden on Nigerians.

Allow GEJ to manage the consequences of fall in Oil price by diversifying the economy without excuses and more burden on Nigerians.

3 Likes

Re: Fact Remains That A Change In Government Will Make Our Politicians Sit Tight by omenka(m): 6:51am On Mar 14, 2015
vicadex07:
Whether APC, PDP, APGA or whatever, fact remains that if change can be effected at the federal level, our politicians will seize to take us for granted.

If the new government fails to perform, the fear that they risk eviction will make them sit up.
I couldn't agree with you more Op. A change in government is the only panacea to the perpetual problem of bad governance we've always had. PDP has been too comfortable and complacent over the past 16 years on the saddle due to the absence of a strong opposition hence their mediocre performance. It is simply thesame reason why our governors always tend to perform better during their first tenure; they need to have some substance upon which to request for renewal of their mandate. But most of the time, once the mandate has been renewed, all they do is sit back and plunder the treasury to hell because our votes would no longer be needed.

When you make these guys understand that incumbency isn't an express guarantee of victory at the polls, they would definitely sit up and try as best they can to deliver on promises.

1 Like

Re: Fact Remains That A Change In Government Will Make Our Politicians Sit Tight by ishiamu(m): 7:38am On Mar 14, 2015
vicadex07:

Care to convince me

No janjanweed can be convinced
Re: Fact Remains That A Change In Government Will Make Our Politicians Sit Tight by mrmetoo1: 7:49am On Mar 14, 2015
Change is definitely a better option. I don't even want to imagine what's going to happen in Nigeria if PDP gets re-elected. They've gotten away with too much and if they win, this is Nigerians sending a message to them to continue what they've been doing. Let's take a look at the Ekiti scandal, Obanikoro was still confirmed as minister with the controversy and evidence having over his head. This type of stuff will continue without any repercussion
Re: Fact Remains That A Change In Government Will Make Our Politicians Sit Tight by dat9jaguy(m): 8:44am On Mar 14, 2015
Ngwakwe:

I bet you don't even believe what you wrote.As a mod on NL you can come up with better response than this watery drivel.
Re: Fact Remains That A Change In Government Will Make Our Politicians Sit Tight by vicadex07(m): 10:06pm On Mar 16, 2015
seanet02:
What does it cost to change a government? Does it cost 20 billion dollars?

My brother I tire o. I was just abt replying him before I saw your post.

See excuse!!!

Haba, tanoids should fear god o
Re: Fact Remains That A Change In Government Will Make Our Politicians Sit Tight by vicadex07(m): 10:10pm On Mar 16, 2015
tit:

Stay the course.
A real giant of Africa.

You usually come across to me like someone that is always high on either cocaine or heroin.

Which one do you take
Re: Fact Remains That A Change In Government Will Make Our Politicians Sit Tight by vicadex07(m): 10:12pm On Mar 16, 2015
ishiamu:

No janjanweed can be convinced

That is no excuse for your cluelessnes
Re: Fact Remains That A Change In Government Will Make Our Politicians Sit Tight by Adekunlemetals1(m): 10:23pm On Mar 16, 2015
Guys, this is my take On this. The same African China wey sing say "food no dey", na him sing sey "any body wey no want make this cuntry beta, tunda fire ram"

And the naira landers say....
Re: Fact Remains That A Change In Government Will Make Our Politicians Sit Tight by voxpopp: 10:36pm On Mar 16, 2015
For pro-GEJites the 2015 campaign is about Buhari, Buhari and Buhari. For pro- GMBites the 2015 campaign is about Nigeria, Nigeria & Nigeria.

Questions for Jonathan and PDP
1. Why was (is) "Boko Haram" busy destroying
states and areas that the opposition party will
win convincingly in the presidential election?
2. If we are to believe that the opposition were
the brains and architects of "Boko Haram",
then why is it that they have never ever
attacked and destroyed any prominent PDP
figure or their properties?
3. If the opposition have the capability of
arming "terrorists" with armour tanks, RPGs,
AA Guns, military uniforms, military trucks,
helicopters and the ability to command
soldiers to vanish from military checkpoints,
wouldn't they have targeted to destroy PDP
strongholds and their assets?
4. Why would the opposition seek to destroy
their own strongholds anyway? To achieve
what?
5. Why was (is) "Boko Haram" targeting to
destroy basically only prominent northern
politicians and their traditional rulers and their
communities?
6. In the light of questions 1 to 5 above, why
has there been a deliberate campaign of lies
and propaganda by the PDP and their religious
wing that collect bribes in billions of naira that
"Boko Haram" is the baby of the opposition?
7. Of all the cars used by "suicide" bombers
retrieved from the scene of their attacks, to
whom were the cars traced after forensic
investigations? Why is it that nothing is ever
heard after such evidences have been collated
at the scenes since 2011?
8. At the last count, over 500 hundred "Boko
Haram" suspects have been in detention since
2009, but why is it that government hasn't
been able to come clean on those sponsoring
the "terrorists", and why is it that, with such a
huge treasure trove, government has not been
able to know and curtail the operational
methods of the "terrorists"?
9. Why did the "terrorists" become stronger
after a scandalous 33 billion dollars (over 4
trillion naira) was expended on the so called
war against them?
10. Isn't it curious and suspicious that a
ragtag group called "Boko Haram" whose bulk
of fighters possibly had only one week
trainings could overcome and overrun our
military men who spend 5 years in the NDA,
some months in Jaji, and some months also
at the National War College in Abuja apart
from several overseas trainings?
11. Why was it that, at a point from 2013, the
Nigerian military was not taking the war to
"Boko Haram" camps in the deserts of the
northeast instead of waiting for "Boko Haram"
to come on the offensive?
12. Since when has repulsion become the best
form of defence instead of attack?
13. Why did "Boko Haram" have the most
freedom to operate and destroy so many
towns and villages during all the period of
State of Emergency that was supposed to have
made them immobile?
14. Was the State of Emergency some fraud
pulled off to empower the "terrorists" and
make the targeted communities sitting ducks
for easy elimination?
15. Who was providing "Boko Haram" with fuel
and other logistics in their camps considering
how they easily move with long convoys of
trucks to operate without challenge?
These are not the only questions.... There are
many more.
Re: Fact Remains That A Change In Government Will Make Our Politicians Sit Tight by Adekunlemetals1(m): 10:42pm On Mar 16, 2015
Guys, this is my take On this. The same African China wey sing say "food no dey", na him sing sey "any body wey no want make this cuntry beta, tunda fire ram"

And the naira landers say....
Re: Fact Remains That A Change In Government Will Make Our Politicians Sit Tight by voxpopp: 10:44pm On Mar 16, 2015
This post deserve to be on front page...

CC: seun, lalasticala, mynd44, berem, gbawe1, frontpage pls

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Ranks Second In The 'affordability Index's Ranking Of Developing Economy / Buhari Final Pre-election Press Conference. Pics / How Ifeanyi Ubah Used Violence To Rig Anambra For Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.