Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

Owl Appears In Delta Government House (picture) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Owl Appears In Delta Government House (picture) (28501 Views)

Delta Government Building Mechanic Village, Auto Spare Parts Market In Asaba / Fayose Hops On A Motorcycle For A Ride To The State Government's House / Delta Government Delegation Visits Ese Oruru's Family In Bayelsa State (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Owl Appears In Delta Government House (picture) by free2ryhme: 12:23pm On Mar 14, 2015
oneeast:
THOSE working in the Delta State Government House, Asaba, Thursday scampered for safety, following the appearance of an Owl in one of the offices. The owl, according to a reliable source, perched on a table in the office when the office was opened by a lady working there, adding that the lady (name withheld) who was gripped with fear raised alarm which attracted others who were just trying to settle down for the day’s job at about 8 am.

The source, who pleaded anonymity, said the owl was flogged to death and set ablaze by the workers who saw its appearance as a sign of bad omen. He added that songs of praises and worship were sung to adore the Almighty God for the few persons who picked up courage and moved against the strange bird.

Speaking further, the source said another lady (name withheld) who is also working in the Government House rushed in few minutes later and threatened that at least five persons would be killed to avenge the death of the owl, which she claimed to be hers. Disclosing that the said lady hails from one of the villages in Okpe, the source said; “We have decided to leave her for God.”

Whatever evil she planned to wreck in the office with the owl, would revert to her.” Effort made to reach the lady who claimed ownership of the owl proved abortive at press time. However, a source close to her, said “She was just joking; nobody can claim ownership of an owl.
“Do you really think anybody in his or her right senses will come out publicly to claim ownership of an owl and also threaten to kill five persons to avenge its death? It was a mere joke and that issue has been handled and settled, the source said, adding “We killed the owl, burnt it while drawing power from God Almighty who is the maker of the heaven and earth. And we joined our faiths together in setting the strange owl ablaze.

“Whatever evil plan it was meant to wreck in our office has been returned to the sender. We are untouchable”. As at the time of filing this report, effort was still being made to reach the lady whose office the owl was found for comment on the matter. According to an online dictionary, an Owl is a nocturnal bird of prey that kills other creatures for food: appearing traditionally as warnings of doom and as symbol of wisdom.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/owl-appears-in-delta-govt-house/#sthash.VElFxCzD.dpuf

a sinner runneth when no man pursueth

ordinary and harmless owl

1 Like

Re: Owl Appears In Delta Government House (picture) by K9blunt(f): 12:25pm On Mar 14, 2015
poor owl suffered the ignorance of some gullible nigerian folks. angry

so sad cry
may karma punish them idiots

1 Like

Re: Owl Appears In Delta Government House (picture) by chachazzy(m): 12:26pm On Mar 14, 2015
Poor Owl!!
I blame GEJ for this.
#fasholajoker.
Re: Owl Appears In Delta Government House (picture) by ichidodo: 12:26pm On Mar 14, 2015
jkendy:
Tru tak adat. Demma no bliv say JAH liveth. Dem Mash up de likkle bird cox demma ull babylons, seen.
Seen...bur dem nu recognize JAH's judgement pon dem...
Re: Owl Appears In Delta Government House (picture) by K9blunt(f): 12:27pm On Mar 14, 2015
UrennaNkoli:
Why kill an innocent animal ?
By the way what if the owl was one of them only to have transformed cheesy
African Mentality sha.

help us ask them o. the poor owl was just minding its business and some bad people saw the bird and because its an owl, decided to kill it blaming it to be a bad omen... imagine! angry

2 Likes

Re: Owl Appears In Delta Government House (picture) by K9blunt(f): 12:28pm On Mar 14, 2015
elantraceey:

Not all animals are innocent , will you see a snake close to your legs and let it be?

then move elsewhere, except if the snake comes towards you can you raise an alarm.
or are you saying the owl was about to attack someone?

2 Likes

Re: Owl Appears In Delta Government House (picture) by Setaje(f): 12:29pm On Mar 14, 2015
madri4u:
Why Okpe n Urhobo people like witches n wizard self?..Dis tribe dont like gud tins...Dey like darkness alot...Dey dont want to see deir family progress...

Please add itshekiri..... embarassed
Re: Owl Appears In Delta Government House (picture) by okabe(m): 12:30pm On Mar 14, 2015
And so... undecided

Abeggi ah no wan c dis kind tin again 4 NL let alone 4 FP *pffttt*
Re: Owl Appears In Delta Government House (picture) by IGBOSON1: 12:30pm On Mar 14, 2015
Be it Hipopotami (apologies to the nobel laurette), a beached whale, or even a hapless owl that's lost its way....no wild animal is safe in this country! Hungry superstitious Nigerians will either call it dinner or a winch sent to get them, and they'll proceed to club the poor animal to death sad

2 Likes

Re: Owl Appears In Delta Government House (picture) by LewisO: 12:32pm On Mar 14, 2015
elantraceey:

Not all animals are innocent , will you see a snake close to your legs and let it be?
[size=15pt] Give that girl a medal. cool[/size]
Re: Owl Appears In Delta Government House (picture) by tomzman: 12:41pm On Mar 14, 2015
African mentality

1 Like

Re: Owl Appears In Delta Government House (picture) by Nobody: 12:51pm On Mar 14, 2015
elantraceey:
Eeewwwwwww, I never want to ever see that.

I'm sure she meant what she said , those in that office should better be prayerful .
I de tell u.

Okwikwi abi sugusugu no be better bird o.

This one is more than a bird at hand o!!!!
Cos this one is worth more than 1,000,000 pidgeon in the bush spiritually

1 Like

Re: Owl Appears In Delta Government House (picture) by wildikeman(m): 12:52pm On Mar 14, 2015
Acekidc4:
Why Kill the Poor Animal!!

Must everything in this country be attributed to Evil and darkness!! Haba!!!
how would a country like dis move...today they flogged the owl and shout halleluyah..tomorrow they are stealing money. Never seen such hypocritical superstitious Bastards!

1 Like

Re: Owl Appears In Delta Government House (picture) by KingsleyCEO: 12:54pm On Mar 14, 2015
Eyah! This your village people will stop at nothing o, see how they followed you from village.

Re: Owl Appears In Delta Government House (picture) by Acekidc4(m): 12:55pm On Mar 14, 2015
wildikeman:
how would a country like dis move...today they flogged the owl and shout halleluyah..tomorrow they are stealing money. Never seen such hypocritical superstitious Bastards!

No mind them!! They are all confused Being!!!

2 Likes

Re: Owl Appears In Delta Government House (picture) by wummyanthoy: 1:02pm On Mar 14, 2015
Acekidc4:

Acekid4 it is a bad sign o, I knew ds since wen I was young by elderly pple, it is sign of death ;why did a lady appear suddenly n said 5pple will go 4 it ? d Lady shud be dealt with n send parking !
Re: Owl Appears In Delta Government House (picture) by wildikeman(m): 1:05pm On Mar 14, 2015
angelTI:
Eleyi gidi gan o

yes dis one is strong...bring the holy cain!
Re: Owl Appears In Delta Government House (picture) by Nobody: 1:06pm On Mar 14, 2015
wheesin:
Ok...So an innocent animal decides to rest in the best possible place it could find... a retarded homo sapien sees the innocent circular eyed owl and decides to FLOG it to death because it looks evil in his society.. undecided Thats a good one...its a reasonable thing to do.

SO HOW DID HE FLOG IT, WITH CANE OR KOBOKO undecided
will u see a rat or a bat in your house and let it be, simply cos they are innocent. Brother, say the truth and forget story. I'm sure u believe u can only hurt a fly.
Re: Owl Appears In Delta Government House (picture) by wummyanthoy: 1:10pm On Mar 14, 2015
K9blunt:

then move elsewhere, except if the snake comes towards you can you raise an alarm.
or are you saying the owl was about to attack someone?
My brodas n sister if u like belv if u like don't BUT it is a bad omen , if one of d staff suddenly fall down n paralyse or died dat is wen u will believe abi ? Pls go 2 an elderly person in ur family and ask abt the bird OWL then come bak 2 comment wat they say !
Re: Owl Appears In Delta Government House (picture) by wummyanthoy: 1:12pm On Mar 14, 2015
IGBOSON1:
Be it Hipopotami (apologies to the nobel laurette), a beached whale, or even a hapless owl that's lost its way....no wild animal is safe in this country! Hungry superstitious Nigerians will either call it dinner or a winch sent to get them, and they'll proceed to club the poor animal to death sad
My brodas n sister if u like belv if u like don't BUT it is a bad omen , if one of d staff suddenly fall down n paralyse or died dat is wen u will believe abi ? Pls go 2 an elderly person in ur family and ask abt the bird OWL then come bak 2 comment wat they say !
Re: Owl Appears In Delta Government House (picture) by Acekidc4(m): 1:12pm On Mar 14, 2015
wummyanthoy:
Acekid4 it is a bad sign o, I knew ds since wen I was young by elderly pple, it is sign of death ;why did a lady appear suddenly n said 5pple will go 4 it ? d Lady shud be dealt with n send parking !

My Good friend Wummy, it's not a bad sign. It is what we nigerians always make ourselves to believe. We so much believe in superstitions that everything around us is a threat to us. WHY??

We always dwell in our ignorance abt matters like dis.
Re: Owl Appears In Delta Government House (picture) by K9blunt(f): 1:21pm On Mar 14, 2015
wummyanthoy:

my dear foreign white folks where like us religious and spiritual nigerians untill they (the white pple started asking questions and wondering why blame what you cant see and find a solution you can see and touch. if anything bad should happen to a person , like falling and dying and other stuffs then the victim should be taken to the hospital for further examination to determine the reason and solution to be discovered to heal any other person with the same medical issue or ailment not the other way round, "its the will of God" or "the enemies at the village are the cause" .
i wonder if you think that if the white pple did not sit down to think, than to leave everything to a God of the bible or other beliefs, would you have known of some common but deadly illnesses called malaria, or diabetes,typhoid, tuberculosis e.t.c.
please open your mind, am not saying you should stop your believing but i think if there is a god like you belief then i think he gave you a brain to think and solve.
Re: Owl Appears In Delta Government House (picture) by LadyX(f): 1:22pm On Mar 14, 2015
leke12:
This one go be a beta bush meat, instead of wasting it.

grin grin grin
Call me when you prepare soup from this bush meat
Re: Owl Appears In Delta Government House (picture) by LadyX(f): 1:24pm On Mar 14, 2015
MadCow1:
This is Delta State Government after killing an innocent Owl falsely accused of being a witch..

[img]http://soepic.pl/stor/items/0b7d33bbcfc8dd807.gif[/img]

grin grin grin
You are really mad
Re: Owl Appears In Delta Government House (picture) by Misogynist2014(m): 1:27pm On Mar 14, 2015
IYANGBALI:
because the people are animals
owl is a very dangerous, its vision is very sharp and its target precise. It is known to attack human eye.
Re: Owl Appears In Delta Government House (picture) by MaxWellStores(m): 1:28pm On Mar 14, 2015
IGNORANCE!!!

NOTHING KILLS FASTER THAN IT. since when did animals, principalities, and powers (lowly authorities) greater than the christian?! even the non christian is above the animals!!! good lord!!! STARK IGNORANCE IS WHAT KILLS! HOE 4:6. THE BORN AGAIN, HOLY GHOST FILLED MAN OR WOMAN IS ABOVE ALL!

if it were a lion or a boa, it would had been different. not a bird, insect or mouse!

anyway, i rest my case

2 Likes

Re: Owl Appears In Delta Government House (picture) by slimlancy88(m): 1:28pm On Mar 14, 2015
Acekidc4:

I wonder oo, dis is one of the reason our thinking is still backward.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owl Appears In Delta Government House (picture) by Nobody: 1:29pm On Mar 14, 2015
wummyanthoy:

You're a dunce

2 Likes

Re: Owl Appears In Delta Government House (picture) by BigJakie: 1:31pm On Mar 14, 2015
This is why Batman won't come naija and save us from boko... grin
Re: Owl Appears In Delta Government House (picture) by ThankULord: 1:34pm On Mar 14, 2015
EVEN IF THE ANIMAL IS INNOCENT, WHAT IS IT LOOKING FOR INSIDE AN OFFICE. GOVT HOUSE FOR THAT MATA
Re: Owl Appears In Delta Government House (picture) by Nobody: 1:40pm On Mar 14, 2015
The bloody savages ended up killing an endangered specie embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Owl Appears In Delta Government House (picture) by IGBOSON1: 1:47pm On Mar 14, 2015
MadCow1:
This is Delta State Government after killing an innocent Owl falsely accused of being a witch..

[img]http://soepic.pl/stor/items/0b7d33bbcfc8dd807.gif[/img]

Dude on the right is really working it.....his chicken legs notwithstanding! cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ribadu Hides As PDP Moves To Appoint Him Party Chairman / Ahmad Salkida Replies Army:'I'll Be In Nigeria If Army Provide My Flight Ticket' / Ben Bruce Compares Trump & Obasanjo: Both Are Womanisers That Like Pretty Ladies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.