Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,145 members, 7,835,831 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

Am About Dropping Out Of School, Should I Go Ahead?? Pls Ur Advice Is Needed - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Am About Dropping Out Of School, Should I Go Ahead?? Pls Ur Advice Is Needed (3609 Views)

I Am Dropping Out Of The University / Ekenze Chigozie: I Almost Dropped Out Of School – IMSU Best / My Friend Has Been Withdrawn From School, Should I Tell Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am About Dropping Out Of School, Should I Go Ahead?? Pls Ur Advice Is Needed by Nobody: 12:26am On Mar 16, 2015
JOETYNO:
fellow Great administrator, viewing so far the above comments, let me briefly chip in my little cent, Remember the Topic on Decision Making, I guess its time U apply what U learnt. Dont let ur education be the oppurtunity cost, after all the series of Theories from Elton Mayo down to Max Weber, Maslow, etc. u wanna let them swim away Sit, relax, think ahead bro. Like U said, U are 21, and that is exactly my age, but guess what, I sponsor myself in School, Surprised?? u dnt ve to be, cos I live in the streets(phone and laptop world) making ends meet. U too can make it big and then look back and smile at the stories behind.

Pls bro, never turn back, many ways to make money in the campus, politically, Series of assignment with alot of theories, its a treasure to try bro.

God help Us all

Hmmmm so we still have administrators on NL datz great nice meeting u, yh i remember maslow's hierarchy of needs, which focuses on self actualization. Thanks alot will try my best to actualize the best i can besmiley
Re: Am About Dropping Out Of School, Should I Go Ahead?? Pls Ur Advice Is Needed by Ray360: 5:44am On Mar 16, 2015
I was touched by Gideon's story. Dear Op, marry the pieces of advises you have been given so far by these gentlemen above me. my elder brother did tedious works while in school to survive as an orphan, today , he is a graduate and working with jobberman. life is not a haven where you have it all easy. you have to muster every strength you make something out of it. good luck!

1 Like

Re: Am About Dropping Out Of School, Should I Go Ahead?? Pls Ur Advice Is Needed by jimohibrahim(m): 5:54am On Mar 16, 2015
fdxboss:

Wow datz nyc bro, how many languages do u speak??
speak? well two..
thou I'm very fluent in one of em.
Re: Am About Dropping Out Of School, Should I Go Ahead?? Pls Ur Advice Is Needed by UjSizzle(f): 10:33am On Mar 16, 2015
I believe you've received sufficient advice from good men here. Stay in school. It's difficult out here even armed with a degree, it's worse without one.
So biko if you know where you kept your interest, just find it again. Work hard and you'll find a way to make this work.

Best wishes.

2 Likes

Re: Am About Dropping Out Of School, Should I Go Ahead?? Pls Ur Advice Is Needed by ihedinobi2: 11:59am On Mar 16, 2015
Hi fdxboss.

I can't read the entire thread right now for want of time but I read your op.

You say, funds are the problem, right? Defer the admission for as long as the school can allow you. Do what work you can to raise funds to finish your schooling. Use that time too to build your programming skills and test them in the real world.

At the end of the duration, make sure to go back unless you find a more meaningful path for your life.

Please, don't let fear of the Nigerian reality ruin your ability to rule over your own life. Be sure that when God asks you about your life, you won't do yourself much good by saying that Nigeria prevented you from being who you were made to be. A stone can give you a boost to climb over obstacles. Or it can cripple you and prevent you from advancing. Depends how you choose to see it.

Nigeria is your oyster, bro.

2 Likes

Re: Am About Dropping Out Of School, Should I Go Ahead?? Pls Ur Advice Is Needed by Elevation(m): 1:35pm On Mar 16, 2015
fdxboss:

Pls i can't send pms, i guess the system is overwhelmed, this is my number: 08056964766.

God bless u as u help. Thanks
reply your What's app messages. We'll continue from there.
Re: Am About Dropping Out Of School, Should I Go Ahead?? Pls Ur Advice Is Needed by cyberuzo(m): 4:52pm On Mar 16, 2015
Bro, you can work and study at the same time. Programmers earn real money and their work time is flexible as far as they deliver at the end of the day. U can then fund your studies. If you can do that, then defer your admission to a better time. dont throw it away. Trust me, writing Jamb again no be beans

A unique concept....Earn money where pupils learn cheesy

For more info, visit www.studypays.com, our facebook page www.facebook.com/studypays, or twitter - www.twitter.com/studypays
Re: Am About Dropping Out Of School, Should I Go Ahead?? Pls Ur Advice Is Needed by Nobody: 11:14pm On Mar 16, 2015
cyberuzo:
Bro, you can work and study at the same time. Programmers earn real money and their work time is flexible as far as they deliver at the end of the day. U can then fund your studies. If you can do that, then defer your admission to a better time. dont throw it away. Trust me, writing Jamb again no be beans

A unique concept....Earn money where pupils learn cheesy

For more info, visit www.studypays.com, our facebook page www.facebook.com/studypays, or twitter - www.twitter.com/studypays

Hmmm I think deferring it will be a good idea, pls if u have any programming jobs, u can help me out with, pls do
Re: Am About Dropping Out Of School, Should I Go Ahead?? Pls Ur Advice Is Needed by Nobody: 11:14pm On Mar 16, 2015
ihedinobi2:
Hi fdxboss.

I can't read the entire thread right now for want of time but I read your op.

You say, funds are the problem, right? Defer the admission for as long as the school can allow you. Do what work you can to raise funds to finish your schooling. Use that time too to build your programming skills and test them in the real world.

At the end of the duration, make sure to go back unless you find a more meaningful path for your life.

Please, don't let fear of the Nigerian reality ruin your ability to rule over your own life. Be sure that when God asks you about your life, you won't do yourself much good by saying that Nigeria prevented you from being who you were made to be. A stone can give you a boost to climb over obstacles. Or it can cripple you and prevent you from advancing. Depends how you choose to see it.

Nigeria is your oyster, bro.

Well said bro, thanks a lot for the advice, will like to talk to u privately through pm, bbm or whatsapp. Thanks again for taking out time to advice me.
Re: Am About Dropping Out Of School, Should I Go Ahead?? Pls Ur Advice Is Needed by Nobody: 11:18pm On Mar 16, 2015
Elevation:
reply your What's app messages. We'll continue from there.

Trying to re-install my whatsapp, will reply as soon as I do so. Thanks
Re: Am About Dropping Out Of School, Should I Go Ahead?? Pls Ur Advice Is Needed by JOETYNO: 8:49pm On Mar 18, 2015
fdxboss:

Hmmmm so we still have administrators on NL datz great nice meeting u, yh i remember maslow's hierarchy of needs, which focuses on self actualization. Thanks alot will try my best to actualize the best i can besmiley

ya Boss. Just realize that something kept U moving so far
Re: Am About Dropping Out Of School, Should I Go Ahead?? Pls Ur Advice Is Needed by Nobody: 7:24pm On Mar 21, 2015
Op to be frank with you. Do you know how many people that wished they were in the university just like you or have an oppurtunity to become a graduate of whatever descipline. Just because you know Java css php and the likes does'nt make you a programmer infact to be honest. you are not anywhere near a professional programmer and such should not address yourself as one. So if you think you want to leave school and start programming full time its a very long and tedious way with no end in sight even in the next ten year's because they are thousands of established programmer's that have lots of projects under their belt and yet have not started living the good life but still struggling.
See you are not the first person to be in school without a sponsor I know a guy that attended lectures during the day and worked as a security guard at night in hotels and other places just to survive and pay his school fee's and nevertheless still made it out with a 2:1. Please get a degree and go back to your programming to avoid stories that touch. A word they say is enough for the wise. I wish you the very best in all your endeavour's.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help! I Feel Like Committing Suicide. / Unilorin 2016/2017 Post Graduate Applicants. / KWASU 2013/2014 Hamarttan Semester Result Is Out!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.