Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,833 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

Marvel Cinematic Universe - TV/Movies (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Marvel Cinematic Universe (665466 Views)

Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / DC Universe Vs Marvel : Superman Vs Vision (who Will Win) / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (539) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 9:35am On Feb 15, 2016
DD trailer incoming! Watch this space
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Minemrys: 12:41pm On Feb 15, 2016
DC started this 1st and they'll end it. Not trolling. Deadp0ol fr0m word of m0uth seems g0od though but that doesn't change the fact... <lols> and here we go!
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 3:08pm On Feb 15, 2016
Minemrys:
DC started this 1st and they'll end it. Not trolling. Deadp0ol fr0m word of m0uth seems g0od though but that doesn't change the fact... <lols> and here we go!

Lol nice try. Sometimes I wish we could merge both the DC and Marvel pages into one big giant thread! The flame wars would be glorious and endless

I hope BvS does well, Deadpool has led us to a good start. The best case scenario for me is that all the comic book movies this year make over a billion bucks with critical acclaim. Hopefully by the end of this year we won't be able to decide which movie was the best cos they were all so good

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 3:11pm On Feb 15, 2016
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Elparaiso(m): 4:52pm On Feb 15, 2016
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 4:55pm On Feb 15, 2016
Elparaiso:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5_A0Wx0jU4
Does The Punisher look awesome or what?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by SIRcumalot: 5:09pm On Feb 15, 2016
this is going to be very good I like the first DD but it drag a little as most origin stuff always do. make I quick finish the last two.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Tweak(m): 5:42pm On Feb 15, 2016
[n
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Raalsalghul: 6:14pm On Feb 15, 2016
D.C Rules. D.C >>>Marvel.

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Raalsalghul: 6:14pm On Feb 15, 2016
D.C Rules. D.C >>>Marvel.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 6:42pm On Feb 15, 2016
Caught up with the last three episodes of Agent Carter, as usual Peggy did not disappoint. One of the episodes did give us a glance into her pre-spy life, who knew Peggy Carter actually tried to conform?

Anywho, about to rewatch Guardians of the Galaxy, maybe I'll even rewatch Captain America: The Winter Soldier for the 2 millionth time.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by superbloke(m): 9:12pm On Feb 15, 2016
Elparaiso:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5_A0Wx0jU4
"You're one bad day from being me". I love that line cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Raalsalghul: 12:16am On Feb 16, 2016
2016=Year of D.C!

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Tweak(m): 2:53pm On Feb 16, 2016
B
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Blackavast(m): 5:12pm On Feb 16, 2016
Blackavast is watching dead pool at the silver bird cinemas right now
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 5:07pm On Feb 17, 2016
GoTG Vol 2 has begun filming and James Gunn has spoken : no Thanos, no Collector, Mantis is joining the team, Kurt Russell is innit plus a bunch of guys I've never heard of.
That's all unimportant imo, all I really care about is the pic of Baby Groot holding onto Drax's ear. Cute

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MrDojo(m): 8:33pm On Feb 17, 2016
Can't wait for AOS to resume too bad ward is dead....#zombieward.....

Daredevil season 2 will be beyond epic.... grin

I knw u've all seen it already....but I wish the nxt set of Marvel movies could be as Epic as Deadpool.....

Baby Groot and Drax's shoulder.....cheesy

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 3:50am On Feb 21, 2016
Currently rewatching Ant-Man & the pre-title scene always cracks me up. Why? Hayley Atwell, the youngest person in the scene has been made up to look the oldest (maybe 2nd oldest, Howard Stark might be older than Peggy Carter), while Michael Douglas, the oldest person in the scene has been made up to look the youngest. Hollywood is one crazy place.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by donnameks(m): 1:19pm On Feb 21, 2016
You can get your HD Movies and Tvseries in Lagos or Ibadan at cheap rates.
Check contact details in my profile.
Including all 13movies released under the marvel cinematic universe.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by hardae(m): 4:20pm On Feb 21, 2016
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by rapmike(m): 1:20pm On Feb 22, 2016
cao:

Look, some folks have to get some excitement in their lives, that's their only outlet. Allow them. Plus, they bought their ticket...Ignore them, the film was great. Even my lil sis, who knows nothing about Deadpool enjoyed it. Seriously, she doesn't read comics at all, but I got her hooked on the comic films (with the Captain America: The First Avenger) and she really really enjoyed Deadpool.

I have watched it and seriously, I did not enjoy it as much as the hype put it. Probably they were trying to try something different with the story with their back and forth story movements but the beginning really started to bore me story-wise. Of course, deadpool taking out folks seemed cool but then again, I kinda expected it. Did not watch it to the end.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 7:45pm On Feb 22, 2016
rapmike:

I have watched it and seriously, I did not enjoy it as much as the hype put it. Probably they were trying to try something different with the story with their back and forth story movements but the beginning really started to bore me story-wise. Of course, deadpool taking out folks seemed cool but then again, I kinda expected it. Did not watch it to the end.
I actually preferred the non-linear approach. Initially, I was wondering why they chose that approach, then I realised that the first half would have been rather quiet & would make some folks bored with the inevitable wait, it was a better choice. No matter how much a film annoys me, I'll wait till the end, because I'd never be able to give an accurate criticism of it. For me, they got the essence of Deadpool right down to a T. Deadpool breaks the 4th wall like it doesn't exist, he doesn't shut the hell up, he's a working joke machine (regardless of the quality of said jokes), he has the attention span of a hamster & he'll do whatever the hell he wants.

Although, the film's one flaw is that we don't have as much action scenes or proper major action scenes as you'd expect, but remember this is an origin story & FOX actually reduced its budget, which actually played into Deadpool's style of humour, i.e his forgetfulness, which actually worked out for me. How many superhero films have a budget of $58 million? I'm impressed that Colossus actually looks like Colossus & not Steel (see the 90s Shaq film, Steel). And after the abysmal Deadpool in Wolverine Origins, I think Deadpool fans are just mega happy that we've gotten a more accurate representation of Deadpool, the fact that the film didn't suck, is just an added bonus. But, that's the subjective nature of opinion - one man's food is another's poison.

I'm guessing you'd have difficulty with the film Memento, the King of non-linear films...

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by rapmike(m): 8:53pm On Feb 22, 2016
cao:

I actually preferred the non-linear approach. Initially, I was wondering why they chose that approach, then I realised that the first half would have been rather quiet & would make some folks bored with the inevitable wait, it was a better choice. No matter how much a film annoys me, I'll wait till the end, because I'd never be able to give an accurate criticism of it. For me, they got the essence of Deadpool right down to a T. Deadpool breaks the 4th wall like it doesn't exist, he doesn't shut the hell up, he's a working joke machine (regardless of the quality of said jokes), he has the attention span of a hamster & he'll do whatever the hell he wants.

Although, the film's one flaw is that we don't have as much action scenes or proper major action scenes as you'd expect, but remember this is an origin story & FOX actually reduced its budget, which actually played into Deadpool's style of humour, i.e his forgetfulness, which actually worked out for me. How many superhero films have a budget of $58 million? I'm impressed that Colossus actually looks like Colossus & not Steel (see the 90s Shaq film, Steel). And after the abysmal Deadpool in Wolverine Origins, I think Deadpool fans are just mega happy that we've gotten a more accurate representation of Deadpool, the fact that the film didn't suck, is just an added bonus. But, that's the subjective nature of opinion - one man's food is another's poison.

I'm guessing you'd have difficulty with the film Memento, the King of non-linear films...

Its personal opinion anyway, but I felt the film did not live up to the hype. I felt the regular way of bringing out the story line (starting from when he was still human downwards-not the way they started it with him already immortal).

I have no issues with the characters-just the way the producers decided to make the story. It call be confusing for people at times.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 2:54pm On Feb 25, 2016

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 6:39am On Feb 26, 2016
We have our Iron Fist folks! You may know him as the pretty boy from Game of Thrones. So now the gang is complete..... Matt, Jessica, Luke, and Danny! Is it too early to have a Defenders discussion? Cos I'm looking forward to it more than any MCU movie next year

Who would be a good strong villain for the Defenders? Kingpin and The Hand? Taskmaster?

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/02/25/finn-jones-iron-fist

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by SIRcumalot: 9:37am On Feb 26, 2016
@rapmike
you must be the first guy not to like dead pool i havent seen it myself probably wont for awhile but when i watch am i expect to be blown away
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by rapmike(m): 10:11am On Feb 26, 2016
SIRcumalot:
@rapmike
you must be the first guy not to like dead pool i havent seen it myself probably wont for awhile but when i watch am i expect to be blown away

That's the point! Its possible you won't get blown away. Its a good movie to be fair, but not 'wind blowing'.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by SIRcumalot: 10:24am On Feb 26, 2016
rapmike:

That's the point! Its possible you won't get blown away. Its a good movie to be fair, but not 'wind blowing'.
am hoping it lives up to expectation
i'll still love even if it doesnt just because of the cast.

@cao
you must have walked out on one movie ?
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 11:12am On Feb 26, 2016
SIRcumalot:

am hoping it lives up to expectation
i'll still love even if it doesnt just because of the cast.

@cao
you must have walked out on one movie ?
Nope. I'll seat through it all. I did that for Epic Movie, sat through that s**t, while I was thinking of new ways to kill my friend, since her late ass made me miss Hot Fuzz & she didn't want to watch the next showing of HF because she said it was late. Ended up going to the cinema solo to watch HF the next day.

I used to do it for books sef, although I grew out of that one.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by dragonking2: 10:18am On Feb 27, 2016
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by rapmike(m): 2:05am On Feb 28, 2016
cao:

Nope. I'll seat through it all. I did that for Epic Movie, sat through that s**t, while I was thinking of new ways to kill my friend, since her late ass made me miss Hot Fuzz & she didn't want to watch the next showing of HF because she said it was late. Ended up going to the cinema solo to watch HF the next day.

I used to do it for books sef, although I grew out of that one.

Please watch the film called Pixels. Am sure you will walk out on that one. cheesy
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 11:28am On Feb 28, 2016
Deadpool was worth it, we'll worth it. Haven't enjoyed a movie like that in a long time. Everything was spot on, they nailed it. Can't wait to watch part 2 with ***** in it. If there is any justice in the world, more cbms will be like this, pure fan service. Nobody wants to watch a 3 hour doom and gloom superhero movie, if they wanted education and realism then they'd watch a documentary instead. Entertainment, that's why we go to the cinemas, we just want to have fun. The makers of Deadpool understand this and may God bless their big hearts. I would pay more for a full movie of Deadpool doing just silly stuff.

The best part of this is it shows the studios can learn. After they botched up Wade Wilson in Wolverine Origins, and the fans expressed their displeasure we gave up all hope. This time around they listened to Wade when he said "just do right by me". Deadpool is the most comic book accurate character ever presented on screen. Everything was on point, Colossus is actually Russian for once, the yellow X-men suit from the comics - perfection. I think it's only X-men First class that came the closest to representing the costumes before this. I could go on and on.

Summary, I love it. Hope Fox is paying attention, if you won't give the rights back to Marvel then at least be faithful to the characters. Hire actors that are passionate about the characters, don't change what doesn't need to be changed... Ryan Reynolds obviously loves Deadpool and it shows. This year is already better than last, and we still have 5 cbms to go!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (539) (Reply)

The Vampire Diaries and The Originals Fan Page / Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) / Big Brother Titans (BBTitans) 2023: Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.