Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,953 members, 7,956,593 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 02:45 PM

Marvel Cinematic Universe - TV/Movies (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Marvel Cinematic Universe (695887 Views)

Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / DC Universe Vs Marvel : Superman Vs Vision (who Will Win) / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (539) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 11:37am On Oct 11, 2016
TruthHurts1:

My apologies for the goof, cao and mrdojo.

The thing is at one point in the late 1990s and early 2000s, the only people who were making money from Superhero movies was DC and that was due mainly to Superman and Batman.

Marvel was limited to comic books, Saturday morning cartoons and the occasional video game. They were actually broke and had to sell off a lot of their assets like The Fantastic Four, X-Men and yes,Spiderman.

That is why none of the Spiderman movies made in the last 10 years (The ones with Toby Macgwire and Andy Garfield) are included in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU). If they had been included, then Iron Man 1 (2008) would not be considered as the FIRST MCU movie, yet everyone agrees that it was.

I made the mistake of thinking DC had upstaged Marvel to obtain the rights to Spiderman. My bad. It was actually Sony Entertainment who bought and still own the rights to Spiderman. Marvel was only able to reach a deal for the use of Spiderman in Captain America Civil War after a long round of negotiations and bargaining with Sony and they were actually motivated by the fear that Sony would sell to DC if they didn't buy back Spidey.
That is why the new and rebooted Spiderman movie of next year is called "Homecoming". Marvel is celebrating the fact that they have got Spiderman back.

More like Sony ran to Marvel to make the deal, since their latest Spidey reboot didn't do as well as they expected. Sony owns the film rights to Spiderman, while Fox owns the film rights to the X-Men universe & Fantastic 4. Fox should just relinquish F4 film rights already. They almost messed up Deadpool, thank God that its director and Ryan Reynolds are proper fanboys. If not for that leak they did and the public support it created, we would have never seen the Merc with the Mouth in action. That nonsense in Wolverine Origins does not count.

Marvel made their own studio, so they'd have more creative control & much needed quality control on their IPs and also they'd be able to make more money from it.

Oh and the Tobey Spidey films were not the first films based on Marvel characters. Everybody forgets the Blade films, even the first Punisher film...we could talk about the 1994 F4 film that was only made because the folks who held the film rights at the time wanted to retain said rights. There's even a terrible Captain America 1990 film, sef.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by TruthHurts1(m): 1:51pm On Oct 11, 2016
cao:

More like Sony ran to Marvel to make the deal, since their latest Spidey reboot didn't do as well as they expected. Sony owns the film rights to Spiderman, while Fox owns the film rights to the X-Men universe & Fantastic 4. Fox should just relinquish F4 film rights already. They almost messed up Deadpool, thank God that its director and Ryan Reynolds are proper fanboys. If not for that leak they did and the public support it created, we would have never seen the Merc with the Mouth in action. That nonsense in Wolverine Origins does not count.

Marvel made their own studio, so they'd have more creative control & much needed quality control on their IPs and also they'd be able to make more money from it.

Oh and the Tobey Spidey films were not the first films based on Marvel characters. Everybody forgets the Blade films, even the first Punisher film...we could talk about the 1994 F4 film that was only made because the folks who held the film rights at the time wanted to retain said rights. There's even a terrible Captain America 1990 film, sef.

Gosh. Never knew that Blade is a Marvel Character. I always thought that he was one of those randrom characters who didn't fall into either the Marvel or DC camps, like Hancock and Hellboy.

I think Marvel was still learning its craft when it made that embarassing 1990 Captain America movie. Most Steve Rogers fans practically disowned the movie before it was even released because there was widespread anger about its deviation from the original story.
In the original story, the Redskull is German and is the leader of Hitler's S.S. Research Unit (HYDRA), but the 1990 Captain America reinvented him as an Italian so that they could cast him as a Mafia Don in sequels and spinoffs.
Needless to say, it backfired spectacularly and it wasn't until The First Avenger in 2011 that fans finally got the Captain America movie they'd always wanted.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 2:04pm On Oct 11, 2016
TruthHurts1:

Gosh. Never knew that Blade is a Marvel Character. I always thought that he was one of those randrom characters who didn't fall into either the Marvel or DC camps, like Hancock and Hellboy.

I think Marvel was still learning its craft when it made that embarassing 1990 Captain America movie. Most Steve Rogers fans practically disowned the movie before it was even released because there was widespread anger about its deviation from the original story.
In the original story, the Redskull is German and is the leader of Hitler's S.S. Research Unit (HYDRA), but the 1990 Captain America reinvented him as an Italian so that they could cast him as a Mafia Don in sequels and spinoffs.
Needless to say, it backfired spectacularly and it wasn't until The First Avenger in 2011 that fans finally got the Captain America movie they'd always wanted.
Marvel didn't make that film, that's why owning their own studio was important to them, see the rubbish quality of a lot of those films that didn't have the input from Marvel.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cp993(m): 2:19pm On Oct 11, 2016
Please friends watch or view my movie,please I need more viewer on it(produced by I Okeke Cyprian) and share to ur friends,thanks
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cp993(m): 2:19pm On Oct 11, 2016
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MJBOLT: 8:02pm On Oct 11, 2016
damn,misty knight boobs r big
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Lana1(m): 8:44pm On Oct 11, 2016
MJBOLT:
damn,misty knight boobs r big
grin grin
Lol. See ehn I hardly took my eyes off em in everyone of her scenes!!
grin grin
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MJBOLT: 9:34pm On Oct 11, 2016
I pray marvel gives her more appearance or maybe her own series

Lana1:
grin grin
Lol. See ehn I hardly took my eyes off em in everyone of her scenes!!
grin grin
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MJBOLT: 9:48pm On Oct 11, 2016
grin

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 4:32pm On Oct 13, 2016
MJBOLT:
I pray marvel gives her more appearance or maybe her own series

Fear not Bro, Marvel's got ur back. It's already been confirmed that Misty will return in the Defenders and possibly Iron Fist too
. In the comics Misty Knight became a superhero when she lost her arm and got a bionic one from Tony Stark. I doubt she'll get one since the MCU already has a bionic arm dude/Bucky, but she'll definitely get powers at some point and may eventually get a spinoff series like they're pall in with Hellcat in JJ and Shang Chi in IF

So watch out for The Return of the Boobs part 2 coming soon to Netflix
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 4:43pm On Oct 13, 2016
According to Feige, "Captain Marvel will be the most powerful superhero in the MCU by far". Wow

So that means she'll be above Thor, Vision, Hulk, Doctor Strange, Scarlet Witch in terms of strength. So she's basically Marvel's Superman in the MCU. The only character to get a massive upgrade from the comics. Comics Hulk, Thor, Doctor Strange and Scarlet Witch are all stronger than her, correct me if I'm wrong. Seems like we'll have to revise that power ranking again
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MJBOLT: 8:40pm On Oct 13, 2016
they should give us the avengers we need(from the comics) the MCU is making most of them look like weak characters especially hawkeye

moneyallowed:
According to Feige, "Captain Marvel will be the most powerful superhero in the MCU by far". Wow

So that means she'll be above Thor, Vision, Hulk, Doctor Strange, Scarlet Witch in terms of strength. So she's basically Marvel's Superman in the MCU. The only character to get a massive upgrade from the comics. Comics Hulk, Thor, Doctor Strange and Scarlet Witch are all stronger than her, correct me if I'm wrong. Seems like we'll have to revise that power ranking again
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MJBOLT: 8:58pm On Oct 13, 2016
21 days until doctor strange grin
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MJBOLT: 6:45pm On Oct 14, 2016
enjoyed the last AoS episode,especially the yoyo scenes...doctor strange premiers in hong kong in 2 days smiley grin
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 9:07pm On Oct 14, 2016
MJBOLT:
21 days until doctor strange grin
11 days for me. tongue grin cool
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Nobody: 9:45am On Oct 18, 2016
You need to watch daredevil,Jessica Jones before jumping to iron fist cheesy
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MJBOLT: 9:01pm On Oct 18, 2016
lucky you

cao:
11 days for me. tongue grin cool
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 4:48pm On Oct 19, 2016
GotG hype train incoming......trailer will be attached to Doctor Strange so Cao will see it before the rest of us *sobs *

Meanwhile is Lil Groot cute or what?

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 5:01pm On Oct 19, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osjRzXHCGuY
Lol spoke too soon... GotG trailer!
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 1:17am On Oct 20, 2016
For those who don't speak Russian...Drax no go kill person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEpsPXUt4R0
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 11:35am On Oct 20, 2016
5 days folks! Please Doctor Strange don't disappoint me-o. Oh and moneyallowed, I didn't even notice Groot at all, until I read your comment. Every time I see Nebula, I always feel sorry for Karen Gillan, she has really lovely redhair.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 1:15pm On Oct 20, 2016
cao:
5 days folks! Please Doctor Strange don't disappoint me-o. Oh and moneyallowed, I didn't even notice Groot at all, until I read your comment. Every time I see Nebula, I always feel sorry for Karen Gillan, she has really lovely redhair.

Have no fear, Doctor Strange won't disappoint, at worst it'll be just there. What I'm afraid of is it won't hold any surprises for me personally ; I've read so many Doctor Stange comics that I can almost predict the plot, I hope they change some things

Baby Groot even got a little mini jacket! The full trailer is coming soon so we should more. I remember Karen saying she didn't shave her head for this one, that they used an adhesive cap. It would have been a crying shame if they'd cut it
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 1:44pm On Oct 20, 2016
moneyallowed:

Have no fear, Doctor Strange won't disappoint, at worst it'll be just there. What I'm afraid of is it won't hold any surprises for me personally ; I've read so many Doctor Stange comics that I can almost predict the plot, I hope they change some things

Baby Groot even got a little mini jacket! The full trailer is coming soon so we should more. I remember Karen saying she didn't shave her head for this one, that they used an adhesive cap. It would have been a crying shame if they'd cut it
Last time they cut it, ol' girl was hella bald, in fact they actually made swig out of her hair, so she could use it in other tv shows/films. In fact for most of the short-lived series Selfie, she was wearing the wig. It was kinda funny, since if I remember correctly, she and Matt Smith (the 11th Docotor in Doctor Who, where she was his companion) were both bald at around the same time.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 2:51pm On Oct 20, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Div0iP65aZo

2017 is going to be so lit! After this movie they should just rest Wolverine for the next decade: Logan is dead in the comics and he needs to rest in the movies too
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 2:55pm On Oct 20, 2016
X-23 is here to stay folks! Y'all had better accept Laura as the new Wolverine or go home
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by SIRcumalot: 2:59pm On Oct 20, 2016
moneyallowed:
X-23 is here to stay folks! Y'all had better accept Laura as the new Wolverine or go home
A female wolverine,
who needs that?

Stephen merchant go dey this film that dude is funny!!
I never really liked any of the solo wolverine movies
Adding the professor fit help This one.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 3:21pm On Oct 20, 2016
SIRcumalot:

A female wolverine,
who needs that?

Stephen merchant go dey this film that dude is funny!!
I never really liked any of the solo wolverine movies
Adding the professor fit help This one.

They need a successor for Hugh Jackman, he's getting too old to act Wolverine. Even in the comics Logan had to retire/die. The older he got the slower his healing factor became, plus the adamantium skeleton he had was basically a poison his body had to keep fighting, another reason he eventually lost his healing. So it makes sense story wise, though I don't understand how he aged so fast in the trailer since it's just 10 years in the future, I guess they'll explain it

So that means they either replace him with another actor or pick another character from the comics to take up the Wolverine mantle. Jackman is too iconic as Wolverine so option A is out. That leaves option 2

Laura is the best Wolverine from the comics that's not Logan. In terms of abilities she's more skillful and her healing factor is stronger. As a character she's unique, if you read the comic you'll understand what I'm talking about, don't want to spoil it. I'm not a huge fan of some of the Marvel legacy characters; Jane Foster is too righteous to be Thor imo and The new Nova sucks, but Laura is a perfect Wolverine. Trust me on this

3 Likes

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by SIRcumalot: 3:50pm On Oct 20, 2016
^alright
Am interested in how them go kill Logan
The comics I read he was actually buried under liquid adamantium that solidified.
The old man Logan series was just some psychic stuff by Emma frost,at the end of the series he was still alive.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MJBOLT: 8:09pm On Oct 21, 2016
hugh jackman will always be wolverine any other wolverine is a counterfeit ...fox should just give the rights back.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Shittaakeem(m): 8:28pm On Oct 22, 2016
Bad news guys tim Miller quits Deadpool 2 due to creative difference with Ryan Reynolds
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 1:08pm On Oct 23, 2016
Shittaakeem:
Bad news guys tim Miller quits Deadpool 2 due to creative difference with Ryan Reynolds

Really bad news, when a director leaves a project its almost never a good sign. I hope the writers don't quit too, it's easy to replace a director but the writers were the soul of the movie. This probably means it's not coming out anytime soon
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 1:11pm On Oct 23, 2016
Doctors Strange reviews are due today! Fully expect the haters to show up too! They'll accuse Marvel of paying critics cheesy if the reviews are good, and they'll come and dance if the reviews suck

Cao don't forget to drop your though on the movie, I trust you more than anyone else on Nairaland

My friends have already concluded that the movie will suck from the trailers Doctor Strange please be good, don't let our enemies put us to shame.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (539) (Reply)

The Vampire Diaries and The Originals Fan Page / Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.