Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,797 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

14 Nigeria Journalist Abducted And Beatting By Ijaw Youth. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 14 Nigeria Journalist Abducted And Beatting By Ijaw Youth. (619 Views)

Asari Dokubo Arrives Ijaw Youth Council Election With His Squad (Photos) / Murder Of Innocent Kokorifa: Protest In Yenagoa By Ijaw Youths (Photos) / Northern Leaders Stole More Than Diezani, Alamieyeseigha – Ijaw Youth Council (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

14 Nigeria Journalist Abducted And Beatting By Ijaw Youth. by omasco92(m): 1:30pm On Mar 16, 2015
14 Nigerian journalists abducted
and beaten in river ambush Gang hold reporters for six hours
before rescue More blogposts Topics Journalist safety Nigeria Africa Press freedom Human rights Newspapers Roy Greenslade Wednesday 19 November 2014
06.02 EST Fourteen Nigerian journalists
were abducted in a speedboat
ambush by a gang of youths and
beaten in what appears to be
part of the rivalry between two
communities - the Ijaw and Itsekiri peoples - on the Niger
Delta. The journalists were returning
by boat from an Itsekiri press
conference about a $16bn gas
project in the Warri area of the
delta when the gang came
alongside and boarded them. Several journalists were beaten
when they refused to hand over
cameras and recording
equipment. The Ijaw gang then
demobilised the boat and
ransacked the belongings of the journalists and six other people
aboard, who included Kiki, an
Itsekiri youth leader. All were forced into other boats
and taken hostage to what
appeared to be the gang’s
hideaway. The journalists were
held for six hours, during which
the boat driver and one of the journalists, Emma Arubi, senior
correspondent of the Daily
Independent, were badly
beaten. According to a report by one of
the abducted journalists, Emma
Amaize, one of the gang “took
delight in flogging those lying
on the ground, including an
Itsekiri chief.” They accused the journalists of promoting the
Itsekiri agenda. After the authorities were
contacted, navy officials rescued
the hostages.
www.theguardian.com/media/greenslade/2014/nov/19/14-nigerian-journalists-abducted-and-beaten-in-river-ambush
Re: 14 Nigeria Journalist Abducted And Beatting By Ijaw Youth. by Mogidi: 1:32pm On Mar 16, 2015
What were "Nigerian" journalist doing there?
Re: 14 Nigeria Journalist Abducted And Beatting By Ijaw Youth. by Redoil: 1:44pm On Mar 16, 2015
Mogidi:
What were "Nigerian" journalist doing there?
causing troubles tension and confusion among both parties by writting lies in support of one party as usual.
Re: 14 Nigeria Journalist Abducted And Beatting By Ijaw Youth. by Mogidi: 1:48pm On Mar 16, 2015
Redoil:
causing troubles tension and confusion among both parties by writting lies in support of one party as usual.

I wouldn't mind being left alone with one of Tinubu's paid propagandist at the Nation newspapers, damn.

It would really make my day to land one of my best upper cuts on the chin of one of his propagandist, wow! that would've been great. grin grin grin
Re: 14 Nigeria Journalist Abducted And Beatting By Ijaw Youth. by dein77(m): 2:04pm On Mar 16, 2015
DeviIhimself:
Kill all the damn sahara reporters journalists

My brothers don't kill! Pls, let them release them oooo.....Let me call somebody.
Re: 14 Nigeria Journalist Abducted And Beatting By Ijaw Youth. by Redoil: 2:04pm On Mar 16, 2015
Mogidi:

I wouldn't mind being left alone with one of Tinubu's paid propagandist at the Nation newspapers, damn.

It would really make my day to land one of my best upper cuts on the chin of one of his propagandist, wow! that would've been great. grin grin grin
rather an eye for an eye which wont be right i will suggest we show/teach APC footsoldiers how to do things in a more civil maners

(1) (Reply)

Photo Anambra First Lady Welcomes Mama Peace To Onitsha / Buhari Hates Yoruba's / Panic Over This Forthcoming Election (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.