Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,675 members, 7,820,370 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

Why We Dumped Buhari For Jonathan – Gani Adams - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Dumped Buhari For Jonathan – Gani Adams (29686 Views)

OPC Reluctant To Engage Pipeline Vandals – Gani Adams / POLLS: 6m OPC Members Will Vote For Jonathan –Gani Adams / Gani Adams Reveals That 85% Of Lagosians Want Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why We Dumped Buhari For Jonathan – Gani Adams by Obascoetubi: 2:23pm On Mar 16, 2015
ABEOKUTA – The National Cordinator of Oodua Peoples’ Congress, Chief Gani Adams has explained that his group resolved to endorse President Goodluck Jonathan for a second term, because of the promise to implement the report of national confab.

Adams also explained that, the OPC decided to dump former Lagos State governor and national leader of the All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Bola Tibubu for the People’s Democratic Party candidate because the former governor had lost the focus.

The OPC leader said this, during the Olokun festival and 2015 Lisabi day held in Abeokuta , Weekend, describing the festival as very important to Yoruba race.

While fielding questions with newsmen on the coming elections, Adams disclosed that, most groups have adopted President Jonathan for second term because of the pledge to implement 633 recommendations of the confab.

According to him, If it is the wish of President Jonathan to implement the outcome of the National Conference, let him be the President for a second term. That’s our position. That’s the position of OPC. Gani Adams, Fasehun; that’s the position of Afenifere. That’s the position of the Yoruba Council of Elders, that’s the position of many self-determination groups.

“Yet some civil society groups have kept quiet on these issues. So, we need to move this country forward on the basis of structure and not about saying Buhari will come to perform miracle. When Buhari was in power, it was Buhari/Idiagbon government, not only Buhari. Idiagbon did much of the job in government. Buhari was just the administrator. Idiagbon was the master-strategist of that government”, he said .

While explaining the reason the OPC dumped Tinubu’s party, for Jonathan, Adams said ” and my brother, Tinubu ,was the one that said that it’s a diversionary tactics .Tinubu was one of the people we learnt true Federalism from. I learnt true Federalism from Tinubu. We saw him as a hero 12 years ago, but , a sudden change in his ideology gave me a serious thought. I don’t have any serious issue about them because I’m not a government official but notwithstanding I have the right to defend my own future. I’m leading an organization of millions of people and I will not lead them the wrong way”.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/why-we-dumped-buhari-for-jonathan-gani-adams/?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Dumped Buhari For Jonathan – Gani Adams by SeverusSnape(m): 2:26pm On Mar 16, 2015
GEJ is the way....There's no other way to national growth than through him. Opc saw the light, Opc can't support a Certificateless illiterate.

103 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why We Dumped Buhari For Jonathan – Gani Adams by Nobody: 2:27pm On Mar 16, 2015
^^^^ Keep Dreaming

118 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why We Dumped Buhari For Jonathan – Gani Adams by sayemma: 2:28pm On Mar 16, 2015
We know why, it is us dollar and the promise of contracts... but the will of the people will prevail

March for change

Sai buhari

232 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Why We Dumped Buhari For Jonathan – Gani Adams by Nobody: 2:37pm On Mar 16, 2015
GEJ can go to otuoke with his promises!! i cant be deceived again. i have made up my mind!!!
sai Buhari
#change!!

165 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why We Dumped Buhari For Jonathan – Gani Adams by pacifique(m): 2:43pm On Mar 16, 2015
GEJ till 2019!!

49 Likes

Re: Why We Dumped Buhari For Jonathan – Gani Adams by agriboom: 2:46pm On Mar 16, 2015
Don't remember them ever supporting Buhari, did they?

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why We Dumped Buhari For Jonathan – Gani Adams by mperoakeem(m): 2:49pm On Mar 16, 2015
we already know...na dollar raining tinz... BTW, in anoda news...
Somebody wrote
Clock is ticking, Time is running, Card Reader is charging, PVC is dusting, Wind of change is blowing, Umbrella is leaking, Mua'zu is resigning, INEC is distributing, GMB is promising, Jonathanians are insulting, Nigerians are willing, PDP is doubting, Boko Haram is bombing, Ebele is bribing, Change is coming, Corrupt leaders shall be leaving, God is watching, PDP shall be packing, Sai-Buharing! I know you're now smiling, but some are hating, Because i'm rhyming, keep on sweeping, Don't stop marching, Haha.. Can't help laughing, Please start commenting!

209 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Why We Dumped Buhari For Jonathan – Gani Adams by alienvirus: 2:51pm On Mar 16, 2015
Brb
Re: Why We Dumped Buhari For Jonathan – Gani Adams by viczing(m): 2:55pm On Mar 16, 2015
In Gej we believe

21 Likes

Re: Why We Dumped Buhari For Jonathan – Gani Adams by ckmayoca: 3:00pm On Mar 16, 2015
Anyway, if am given oil license I will surely say the same.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Dumped Buhari For Jonathan – Gani Adams by stronger: 3:03pm On Mar 16, 2015
LOL. . .gani we know why you are "supporting" GEJ. . . BANK ALERT!!

But based on your reason, only people with NO BRAIN CELLS will see it as valid.

Is GEJ going to bypass the NATIONAL ASSEMBLY and implement the REPORT of the CONFAB??

Why has he not then IMPLEMENTED the PIB report? Ah exactly, because that report has been stuck in the NA for YEARS!!!! So why would the confab report (which is much bigger, more complicated) be any different? Lol!

These are questions people should be asking. . but we all know they are using it as an excuse to EXPLAIN their support! Bank ALERT!! grin grin grin

SAI BUHARI!!!!

115 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why We Dumped Buhari For Jonathan – Gani Adams by AmucheJane(f): 3:04pm On Mar 16, 2015
GEJ till 2019

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Dumped Buhari For Jonathan – Gani Adams by fkaz(m): 3:05pm On Mar 16, 2015
Regional government/resource control knocking, tompolo, asari dukubo and gani adams working to actualise self determination

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Dumped Buhari For Jonathan – Gani Adams by skentelelady(f): 3:06pm On Mar 16, 2015
Money speaking cheesy.

MOney changing hands since postponement of election cheesy

Please if another offer comes from him, just chop again

We all now he is losing this election

Just a pity how he is squandering our money

11 days to CHANGE

God help us

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Dumped Buhari For Jonathan – Gani Adams by dein77(m): 3:07pm On Mar 16, 2015
GEJ all the way! !!

5 Likes

Re: Why We Dumped Buhari For Jonathan – Gani Adams by akoraye(m): 3:09pm On Mar 16, 2015
Ofo eda!
Re: Why We Dumped Buhari For Jonathan – Gani Adams by Kingspin(m): 3:09pm On Mar 16, 2015
APC only interest is to control Nigeria and share it among themselves. We can no longer maintain the statuo quo of people who thinks they own Nigeria. Support national confab today so that Nigeria will move forward.

10 Likes

Re: Why We Dumped Buhari For Jonathan – Gani Adams by Kingspin(m): 3:11pm On Mar 16, 2015
skentelelady:
Money speaking cheesy.

MOney changing hands since postponement of election cheesy

Please if another offer comes from him, just chop again

We all now he is losing this election

Just a pity how he is squandering our money

11 days to CHANGE

God help us
What do u know about restructing Nigeria? You cannot be more radical than Abubakar Shekau. The national confab remain the authentic change to restructure Nigeria. Any person against it has an evil agenda to reap where he did not sow(Loot Nigeria) and such individual is the real enemy for a united Nigeria. We cannot continue to pretend to this shadow called one Nigeria. Any step that will make Nigeria work i will support it which including dialogue among us. We must talk our way forward and have a common view about how and what we want Nigeria to be. I want a Nigeria where i can visit or leave in any state of my choice peacefully. We must restructure now the current or old structure has failed us totally. No time to pretend people. One Nigeria.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Dumped Buhari For Jonathan – Gani Adams by Canme4u(m): 3:25pm On Mar 16, 2015
oluface:
^^^^ Keep Dreaming

u dey mind that foo.l?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why We Dumped Buhari For Jonathan – Gani Adams by tit(f): 3:42pm On Mar 16, 2015
stronger:
LOL. . .gani we know why you are "supporting" GEJ. . . BANK ALERT!!

But based on your reason, only people with NO BRAIN CELLS will see it as valid.

Is GEJ going to bypass the NATIONAL ASSEMBLY and implement the REPORT of the CONFAB??

Why has he not then IMPLEMENTED the PIB report? Ah exactly, because that report has been stuck in the NA for YEARS!!!! So why would the confab report (which is much bigger, more complicated) be any different? Lol!

These are questions people should be asking. . but we all know they are using it as an excuse to EXPLAIN their support! Bank ALERT!! grin grin grin

SAI BUHARI!!!!

are APC members of the national assembly going to obstruct regional government?

7 Likes

Re: Why We Dumped Buhari For Jonathan – Gani Adams by stronger: 3:47pm On Mar 16, 2015
tit:

are APC members of the national assembly going to obstruct regional government?

Good!!! Now you are talking! I don't have the answer to that question.

But that should tell you that it is a GRAND DELUSION to think GEJ is going to IMPLEMENT the Report without the National assembly's support/Approval.

I have read the report. I have also read the PIB. I guarantee you the PIB is not even a millionth as complicated as the confab report and the PIB has been stuck for years!!!!

So on what basis is GEJ promising to simply implement report? Defies logic!!

But we know the real reason why they are endorsing! They should collect dollars while stocks last!! grin grin grin grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Dumped Buhari For Jonathan – Gani Adams by Nobody: 3:54pm On Mar 16, 2015
We know its a certain currency so swerve abeg
Re: Why We Dumped Buhari For Jonathan – Gani Adams by minifuworld: 4:06pm On Mar 16, 2015
mperoakeem:
we already know...na dollar raining tinz... BTW, in anoda news...
Somebody wrote
Clock is ticking, Time is running, Card Reader is charging, PVC is dusting, Wind of change is blowing, Umbrella is leaking, Mua'zu is resigning, INEC is distributing, GMB is promising, Jonathanians are insulting, Nigerians are willing, PDP is doubting, Boko Haram is bombing, Ebele is bribing, Change is coming, Corrupt leaders shall be leaving, God is watching, PDP shall be packing, Sai-Buharing! I know you're now smiling, but some are hating, Because i'm rhyming, keep on sweeping, Don't stop marching, Haha.. Can't help laughing, Please start commenting!
respect!

4 Likes

Re: Why We Dumped Buhari For Jonathan – Gani Adams by Nobody: 4:11pm On Mar 16, 2015
Gani Adams!

After collecting the millions he didn't work for
from the unyielding National confab.

After collecting millions of naira for faking
himself for GEJ as one of Yoruba leaders.

After collecting millions of Naira for guaranting
GEJ of non existing 6 million votes from OPC
member.

Do u still expect him to support Buhari!
Heck No! Gani is doing the work he was paid
for. Meanwhile,

March is for Buhari!
GMB2015

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Dumped Buhari For Jonathan – Gani Adams by sammyj: 4:12pm On Mar 16, 2015
You dump GMB for Jonathan because of stolen dollars given to you by the clueless one. Dollars and contract things cheesy !!

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why We Dumped Buhari For Jonathan – Gani Adams by anepete: 4:27pm On Mar 16, 2015
Jonathan is God's sent to transform Nigeria we can't afford to Gamble Jonathan with those promising to build castle in the air. promising to do what JJonathan has already done

5 Likes

Re: Why We Dumped Buhari For Jonathan – Gani Adams by henryangelo: 4:32pm On Mar 16, 2015
Every reasonable Nigerian knows that the right step nigeria need is the confab and nothing more than that
That's the 1st step to Nigerian success

5 Likes

Re: Why We Dumped Buhari For Jonathan – Gani Adams by fresh15: 4:49pm On Mar 16, 2015
Wise choice! It is always wiser to join the moving train than towing the path of failure.The door is still open for all other 'sai Buharis' to drop their brooms and support Jonathan for a better Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Dumped Buhari For Jonathan – Gani Adams by nogames: 5:36pm On Mar 16, 2015
Gani say the truth and put devil to shame, you dumb GMB for GEJ because pipeline contract

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"Your Wife Knows You Better" - Dele Momodu Tells Buhari / Pictures From APC Presidential Campaign Rally In Ibadan As Crowd Awaits Tinubu / 5000 Naira Notes: The Solution To Our Problems?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.