Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,946 members, 7,835,147 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:02 AM

Did President Jonathan Create Millions Of Jobs? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did President Jonathan Create Millions Of Jobs? (698 Views)

Did President Buhari Reduce Kemi Adeosun, To A Glorified Figurehead? / Did President Obama Tap His Wife's Buttocks In This Photo? / Did President Jonathan Say These Words??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did President Jonathan Create Millions Of Jobs? by get2abbey(m): 2:48pm On Mar 16, 2015
[b]The NBS only started recording job data in 2013, and the figures that circulate publicly are conflicting, casting doubt on their reliability. Available evidence suggests that more than one million jobs have been created. But most have not been generated by the public sector.

In October 2014 Nigeria’s central bank governor, Godwin Emefiele, said 1.2-million jobs were created in 2013. About 91% of these were by the private sector, he said. A further 500,000 jobs were created in the first half of 2014, he added, with 40% as a result of business expansion.

But Nigeria’s finance minister Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala claims 1.6-million jobs were created in 2013.

Separately, the NBS said 2.48-million new jobs were created between July 2012 and June 2014. Around 1.41-million of those were in the informal sector. The formal sector created 903,804 jobs and public institutions 160,591. But “these statistics raise some methodological questions”, the World Bank’s Litwack said.

Government schemes have seen limited success. In April 2014, the finance minister said that the Youth Enterprise with Innovation in Nigeria scheme had created only 27,000 jobs. The Subsidy Reinvestments and Empowerment Programme, an internship setup, has reportedly created 120,000 jobs.

The Centre for Democracy and Development West Africa last year called these “grandiose white elephant projects”, adding that they “are not only inadequate in tackling the teeming unemployment but also fail to reach the end user.”

Nigerians seem as unconvinced by the statistics as ever. In a recent letter to the finance minister a forum of unemployed graduates demanded evidence for the existence of the purported new jobs. A central bank official said last year that 70% of Nigeria’s 80-million youths are unemployed.[/b]

– See more at: http://africacheck.org

http://election2015.leadership.ng/factchecker/did-president-jonathan-create-millions-of-jobs/
Re: Did President Jonathan Create Millions Of Jobs? by 0nyegame(m): 2:52pm On Mar 16, 2015
Maybe in his dreams....driver i'll come down.
Re: Did President Jonathan Create Millions Of Jobs? by egift(m): 2:57pm On Mar 16, 2015
Can TANiods post the list of people Jonathan gave those "millions" of new jobs.
Re: Did President Jonathan Create Millions Of Jobs? by Uyi168: 3:11pm On Mar 16, 2015
If re-elected,i'l create 2million jobs annually-gej
Re: Did President Jonathan Create Millions Of Jobs? by wordcat(m): 3:11pm On Mar 16, 2015
Those jobs were created only at the FEC meeting.
Re: Did President Jonathan Create Millions Of Jobs? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Mar 16, 2015
They gave the jobs on paper. Last time I checked,those wo scream "GEJ till 2019 are still jobless.
Re: Did President Jonathan Create Millions Of Jobs? by Arch1: 3:17pm On Mar 16, 2015
YES jonathan created jons for ethnic militias viz: OPC, MASSOB, Niger Delta Militants etc
Re: Did President Jonathan Create Millions Of Jobs? by adediranta(m): 3:20pm On Mar 16, 2015
berem:
They gave the jobs on paper. Last time I checked,those wo scream "GEJ till 2019 are still jobless.

LOL...this got me ROTFL
Re: Did President Jonathan Create Millions Of Jobs? by joseph1832(m): 3:29pm On Mar 16, 2015
berem:
Temitemi number one follow by severus snape.
Re: Did President Jonathan Create Millions Of Jobs? by dgr8truth(m): 3:47pm On Mar 16, 2015
It so funny how we hold this administration to ransom for not creating millions of jobs. What are we even thinking? Should govt create new ministries and parastatals just because she wants to employ everybody? The truth is govt can't do more than what they are doing now. The numbers of people on govt payroll is just insane. I wonder how we quickly we will progress if annually we continue to spend more than 80% of our budget on recurrent expenditure; bulk of which is on salaries and bonuses of civil servants.

The best way to go about it is having a vibrant private sector; that is manufacturally driven, built on enabling environment and solid policies. To the best of my knowledge this govt is trying on these areas.

Development is not a destination, but a process, and we are on the right track.

It's GEJtill2019. Shalom.
Re: Did President Jonathan Create Millions Of Jobs? by Bright4(m): 3:58pm On Mar 16, 2015
Last time I checked, I only confirmed d ones dey created in heaven and their dreams.
Meanwhile, I have decided to march4change.
Re: Did President Jonathan Create Millions Of Jobs? by modath(f): 4:02pm On Mar 16, 2015
He sure did;for the Tandroids,laptop army and the campaign ground thugs.
Re: Did President Jonathan Create Millions Of Jobs? by sammyj: 4:06pm On Mar 16, 2015
Lies from the pit of Hell !!!

Jona embrace CHANGE !!!
Re: Did President Jonathan Create Millions Of Jobs? by Sweetguy25: 4:15pm On Mar 16, 2015
Nigerians and negativity sha. Why would anyone want to dispute the NBS, Okonjo Iweala and the CBN governor on what they know more than everyone else?

(1) (Reply)

Why You Should Not Vote PRESIDENT JONATHAN / TF? Fr Mbaka Still Insisting GEJ Is After His Life. Releases Statement / Ikuru's Defection To PDP Is Meaningless.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.