Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,013 members, 7,838,546 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Wenger Signs 29 Years Old Gallas - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Wenger Signs 29 Years Old Gallas (1320 Views)

Gallas Threatened He Would Score An Own Goal / William Gallas To Leave Chelsea For Italy? / Don't U Think Gallas Is A Camerounian! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wenger Signs 29 Years Old Gallas by Akolawole(m): 1:13pm On Sep 01, 2006
For the past few years, Gallas is one of the best Defender in the world.

He is versatile, can play in nearly every departmentin the defence.

He can even score goals, in fact he scores Chelsea's most important goal last season against spurs.

He is a very good buy/Swap for Arsenal and i congratulate the entire Gunner in the house for having him.

Taking a look at it from another angle, Williams has two problems in Chelsea;

1) He hates a situation when Jose ask him to play left full back and

2) He want to be earning the same wages as Terry and Lampard probably around £90,000 a week.

ARSENAL POLICY

1) Arsenal has never sign an oldplayer like that.

2) Only Henry enjoy some previledge.

3) Is Gallas going to get £90k a week?

4) How many years are they going to offer him?

5) Is he going to dictate where he want to play for Mr Wenger?

Can somebody tell me the details of his contract?

Loverbouy, Vieria, Jackal and Debosky, Where are you?

Re: Wenger Signs 29 Years Old Gallas by loyika(m): 1:28pm On Sep 01, 2006
yes debs where are you
Re: Wenger Signs 29 Years Old Gallas by loyika(m): 2:27pm On Sep 01, 2006
Akola!! seriously though,

http://www.arsenalnewsreview.co.uk/news/332/42.html

All Nairaland Gonners, patience is a true virtue, just keep calm and see how the season pans out, remember, WE HAVE ALL BEEN HERE BEFORE!!!

cool GONNER 89
Re: Wenger Signs 29 Years Old Gallas by Akolawole(m): 3:26pm On Sep 01, 2006
@Loyika

Pleas quote links that is not biased.

Stop quoting links from Arsenal fans stuff.

You can quote www.arsenal.com, BBc,etc

loyika:

yes debs where are you

I mentioned Debosky and few others to hear their views.
Re: Wenger Signs 29 Years Old Gallas by vichel(m): 3:36pm On Sep 01, 2006
Gallas is going to give us the much neede varsatility that we need in defence, ashley can go, we already have enouch players that could play his role real good. And with the new signing of baptista can reyes can also kiss our asses too cos we don't need him. Did anybody notice walcott is simply amazing, he plays with such great skill and speed damn the gunners are gonna shock a whole lot of people. As soon as some body helps me shout out loud shoot the god damn ball and stop waiting for the perfect goal. Man city waz so lucky, but boro in for a whole lot of hurt. If u believe me say I HEAR THAT!
Re: Wenger Signs 29 Years Old Gallas by loyika(m): 5:24pm On Sep 01, 2006
Ha Mr Kola!!

Don't bust a blood vien cheesy, Myles Palmer is one of the most unbiased Arsenal writers there is, he is so unbiased sometimes that it is so frustrating, having said that i was just giving you a true Gunner's view on how we see the end of the COLEGATE saga!!, that was just most down to earth analysis there is from a gunner there is, everything else would either be extremely for or against it.

from your post it seems you just want to hear views from your friends, (even the title smacks of sarcasm!!) so i will just excuse myself from this particular thread so they could give their objective and intelligent view points on the matter, since the rest of us have no idea what we are saying and are just biased stupid gonners.

cool GONNER 89
Re: Wenger Signs 29 Years Old Gallas by Akolawole(m): 1:21am On Sep 02, 2006
@Loyika

Honestly, you are not getting me right at all.

I was suprised Mr wenger will sign somebody of that Age.

If he Arsenal is going to pay him up to £90000 a week.

How many years are they offering him knowing Arsenal's 28 year mark.

I throw it open if they know the details of the contract.

Loverbwouy is never my friend though a good Lad. wink

Is Jackal my friend as well?
Re: Wenger Signs 29 Years Old Gallas by LoverBwoy(m): 1:55am On Sep 02, 2006
Defenders can play on past age 30 and i belive Gallas is currently at his peak so we gained alot

2) Only Henry enjoy some previledge.

what are those priviledges? why only him?

3) Is Gallas going to get £90k a week?

he'll probably get more than what he gets at the moment

5) Is he going to dictate where he want to play for Mr Wenger?
i dont think so, he will understand most players in arsenal get to play according to players available. He will mostly play as CB but will have to play LB when the need arise

Excellent additions

Dec 10 Chelsea Vs Arsenal grin
Re: Wenger Signs 29 Years Old Gallas by LoverBwoy(m): 2:00am On Sep 02, 2006
vichel:

Gallas is going to give us the much neede varsatility that we need in defence, ashley can go, we already have enouch players that could play his role real good. And with the new signing of baptista can reyes can also kiss our asses too because we don't need him. Did anybody notice walcott is simply amazing, he plays with such great skill and speed damn the gunners are going to shock a whole lot of people. As soon as some body helps me shout out loud shoot the god damn ball and stop waiting for the perfect goal. Man city waz so lucky, but boro in for a whole lot of hurt. If u believe me say I HEAR THAT!

#with jamaican accent# Me hear dat!!
Re: Wenger Signs 29 Years Old Gallas by Akolawole(m): 2:09am On Sep 02, 2006
LoverBwoy:

#with jamaican accent# Me hear that!!

So you sabi Patwa well well

How many jamo girls you get? grin

make i give you small.

1) Wey ya say? (2) What gwan? (3) Me no no

LoverBwoy:

Defenders can play on past age 30 and i believe Gallas is currently at his peak so we gained alot

what are those priviledges? why only him?

he'll probably get more than what he gets at the moment
i don't think so, he will understand most players in arsenal get to play according to players available. He will mostly play as CB but will have to play LB when the need arise

Excellent additions

Dec 10 Chelsea Vs Arsenal grin

Henry is probably the only Gunner Mr Wenger will give a four years contract at age 28.

And with Gallas at 29, i am waiting to see the full details.

By Dec 10, Chelsea would have won the league grin [ Joking o!, the thing don Hard, take a look at west ham etc ]
Re: Wenger Signs 29 Years Old Gallas by LoverBwoy(m): 3:58pm On Sep 02, 2006
#Cringes at the sight of Mr Ak speaking patwa# shocked

Gallas should get an inital 3-4 year deal good pay aswell
Re: Wenger Signs 29 Years Old Gallas by Akolawole(m): 4:09pm On Sep 02, 2006
LoverBwoy:

#Cringes at the sight of Mr Ak speaking patwa# shocked

Gallas should get an inital 3-4 year deal good pay aswell

I am closer to Jamaican Girls now. [ Dont tell my Nairaland women o]
Re: Wenger Signs 29 Years Old Gallas by donmeks(m): 5:44pm On Sep 02, 2006
well, to my own opinion i think wenger bought gallas out of fustration because he is not suppose to have a shirt in d gunners squad,lets just say he bought him to help him out because he is a french man and he has been denied a place in the chelsea line up.but only time will tell if he will make an impact in the squad
Re: Wenger Signs 29 Years Old Gallas by LoverBwoy(m): 7:16pm On Sep 02, 2006
erm i don't think so!

How can you buy one of the best most versatile defender, and who told you he bought him because he is French? Na wa for you o
Re: Wenger Signs 29 Years Old Gallas by Akolawole(m): 2:20pm On Sep 03, 2006
@LB

The deal is 3-4 years.

Gallas will earn £80,000 a week ( Quite Unlike Wenger)
Re: Wenger Signs 29 Years Old Gallas by kitaun(m): 9:42pm On Sep 03, 2006
So some people think that GALLAS was bought for our bench and Akola refused to comment on that, na wah o shocked shocked grin grin
Re: Wenger Signs 29 Years Old Gallas by LanreDaMan(m): 9:44pm On Sep 03, 2006
Rusted Gunners ,
you Came and stole an overrated and Under paid defender that dictates where he wants to play. Wenger made a mistake with this guy

Because this guy really does not want to remain in the premiership he wants to go to AC milan

the guy is actually better @ wing back position rather @  Center back watch his game well

Well we got BOULAROUZ and ASHLEY,SHEVSHENKO, BALLACK, AND CECH is Back (No be GOD)

who can stop us now

You guys are finished
Re: Wenger Signs 29 Years Old Gallas by kitaun(m): 9:47pm On Sep 03, 2006
Am waiting for Akola and the other blues in the house to react to all you have said but really am having a good laff here shocked grin grin grin
Re: Wenger Signs 29 Years Old Gallas by Akolawole(m): 6:20am On Sep 04, 2006
LanreDaMan:

Rusted Gunners ,
you Came and stole an overrated and Under paid defender that dictates where he wants to play. Wenger made a mistake with this guy

Because this guy really does not want to remain in the premiership he wants to go to AC milan

the guy is actually better @ wing back position rather @ Center back watch his game well

Well we got BOULAROUZ and ASHLEY,SHEVSHENKO, BALLACK, AND CECH is Back (No be GOD)

who can stop us now

You guys are finished

Who is Us?

Dont tell me you are refering to Chelsea's

We know ourselves.

Please mind your language concerning other teams.

If not for Gallas's Colour and passport, he would have been tagged the best Defender in the Premiership and one of the top-5 in the World. A very good deal for Arsenal.

@Gunners

This is a public forum, just count his comments as a joke.
Re: Wenger Signs 29 Years Old Gallas by SirKay3(m): 9:41pm On Sep 05, 2006
I believe Wenger has a reason for signing Gallas, as he's always said. He's a good buy to me

Let's see what he's got to offer for the next 3yrs
Re: Wenger Signs 29 Years Old Gallas by LoverBwoy(m): 10:09pm On Sep 05, 2006
he'll offer us a lot thats if chelski and their lot leave him alone and stop disturbing our players seems like they using silly tactics now

1st it was the wahala with cole for 2 seasons
now they trying to do the same for gallas
Re: Wenger Signs 29 Years Old Gallas by amodu(m): 11:48am On Sep 06, 2006
He is a great defender.

loverbwoy, we are not doing anything to him

What tactics are you talking about?
Re: Wenger Signs 29 Years Old Gallas by Jackal(m): 11:54am On Sep 06, 2006
Gallas should be a good buy for Arsenal but i am worried Wenger could buy a player at 29.
He gets paid 80k pounds a week on a 4-year deal at 29?
Arsene Wenger has changed his policies-i am happy for him.

On a serious note, Gallas + Toure partnership in the defence looks impregnable if they can work out an understanding between themselves.
This combination appears more solid than Terry + Carvalho but Arsenal lacks the protective shield Makelele/Essien gives the defence.
The league will def'ly be more interesting this season and Arsenal Vs Chelsea match will now take the main-stream as the most exciting tie in the EPL.

C'mon Gunners-be what u can be and lets chase Mourinho n his goons out of the number 1 spot in England.
The HEAT is on.
Can Jose Mourinho survive this carnage?
Re: Wenger Signs 29 Years Old Gallas by amodu(m): 12:00pm On Sep 06, 2006
He will
Re: Wenger Signs 29 Years Old Gallas by Jackal(m): 12:04pm On Sep 06, 2006
@ amodu,
He might not survive it
Other teams are now standing up to the challenge unlike before.
Chelsea already lost a match and be assured they will lose more if care ain't taken.

However,Chelsea has got a wonderful team balance and Jose's been clever not to change the team's spine which i believe is the formular to Chelsea's victories.
Petr Cech-John Terry- Claude Makelele-Frank Lampard- Didier Drogba is what makes Chelsea tick.
Alter any of these players and Chelsea will fall like a pack of cards.
Re: Wenger Signs 29 Years Old Gallas by amodu(m): 2:03pm On Sep 06, 2006
Jackal you are right, every team wanted to show the big team that they are not a slave that we be move from one place to another.

and that is exactly what i want, i want them to give us tough time so that you will watch match and get excited.

This is what i want you to get right Mourinho will survive
Re: Wenger Signs 29 Years Old Gallas by loyika(m): 2:29pm On Sep 06, 2006
With all the negative press, WILL HE ACTUALLY SURVIVE IN THE EPL FOR MUCH LONGER!!

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/sport/2006/09/06/when_mourinho_slings_mud_footb.html

He is really walking a very thin line and might just get so frustrated at the lack of respect he feels he is not getting (and doesn't deserve i might add!!) from the British Press (remember he even stated that he almost walked away from the club at the end of the season (even if Peter Kenyon, tried to cover up, saying it was never the case tongue).

The final straw is when he starts directing comments to the press, Believe me when i say this MAUREEN'S CAREER WILL BE TORN TO SHREDS AND HE WILL HAVE TO LEAVE BECAUSE OF SAFETY FOR HIS FAMILY, CAUSE AS WE ALL KNOW, THE PRESS IN BRITAIN IS THE MOST VICIOUS PRESS THERE IS IN THE WORLD, (so many careers lie in ruin due to their rantings) so MAUREEN should be very careful the path he and CHELSKI are taking, cause i bet Roman has some skeleton's in the cupboard he doesn't want for public consumption!?

cool GONNER 89
Re: Wenger Signs 29 Years Old Gallas by kitaun(m): 6:44pm On Sep 06, 2006
Good posts from Loyika and Jackal cool cool

(1) (Reply)

The Launch Of Soccerline Nigerian Footballer Of The Year Award / Football And Money-making / Blessings Okagbare 's 100m Women's Final

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.