Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,441 members, 7,819,632 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) (33233 Views)

Buhari, APC NWC Meet To Decide Senate Presidency, Senator Lawan Favored. / Yaradua Cabal Member, Tanimu Yakubu Favored To Be Buhari's Finance Minister / How Buhari And Jega Planned To Rig This 2015 Election - Codewit.com Propaganda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by jaymichael(m): 5:15pm On Mar 16, 2015
Ngwakwe:
The unfortunate insinuation that GEJ will lose the region is from vocal minority and PVC-less Southwest social critics who have taken the media sessions to accuse their fathers, traditional authorities, religious leaders, OPC and Afanifere, of moral bankruptcy, accepting bribe and sell out.

The attitude of these sects makes me to wonder if they know the implications of their statements and the possibility of other nationalites concluding that Southwesterners are by extension what they accused their elders and traditional authorities of exhibiting.

For me I have learnt to ignore these minors and their frustrations. I can't imagine Ngwakwe disrespecting and abusing my elders because of political differences.

From every indication, Jonathan has Southwest in his bags for 2015 presidential elections - Fact
Yes fact! even if I have never agreed with you before, I ll say this is the most sensible post you have posited. SW is the bags for GEJ same as SOUTHEAST and SOUTH SOUTH is the bags for BUHARI. #winks.

8 Likes

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by Nobody: 5:16pm On Mar 16, 2015
sunayo:

The problem with APC supporters is that you guys hate truth because your party thrives on lies and propaganda. Did you just. Say OPC and Afenifere have no influence in SW? Wait till 28th of March.

Again you said you know 50 people who have switched because of OPC vandalism, what a big lie from you. Well, I also know many people who will never vote anything APC in SW because of their voilent and "agberoism" especially in Lagos.

Mind you, I'm Yoruba(Balogun) is my surname. I, my wife, Igbo neighbours, many relaatives, many friends, most of my friends are voting GEJ. I reside in Satelite lagos. I agree more with the OP. GEJ will win SW come 28th of March. Enjoy your propaganda, lies and self deciet while it last.
I sometimes begin to wonder why the APC controlled media is keen on making things appear like the Yorubas are all surrendered to APC. This cannot be true. The only Yorubas that are diehard APC are in their minority. Majority are tired of APC and its a shame that a party makes it appear like they are zombies. This is similar to what happened in 2003 when the AD Govs made it appear like the entire Yoruba is for AD. The result of the Gov election showed otherwise.

5 Likes

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by MichaelSokoto(m): 5:17pm On Mar 16, 2015
barcanista:
You guys keep coming with fables. You have no idea that even in his Ogun state, Mr Osinbajo is a political nonentity talkless of Yoruba nation in its entirety. You talked about the Yorubas being marginalised but you forget that it was the APC that denied Mukinat the Speakership. Yoruba nation is wise. While the Yoruba clamoured for National Conference, the APc kicked against it. In the States, politicians elected on APC platform have left. Yoruba nation knows the trick of APC... No wonder OPC and ors endorsed PDP. Again, I laugh
If only u've lived in a place like Lagos for one year, talkless of me dat I grew up there, even followed their politics keenly 4rm NADECO dayz, I bet u wouldn't have created dis thread.
Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by Nobody: 5:18pm On Mar 16, 2015
berem:
I didn't tell you to debate with me half-wit! I was only making my contibrutions to this thread. You either ignore or you just ignore!
You're already constituting nuisance. Never in your post have made any sensible comments or post. Are you that empty? It's clear Barcanista was the only informed person amongst you, with the way you run behind me like one with downsyndrome. Lookaway you lost cause.

4 Likes

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by Controlled(f): 5:19pm On Mar 16, 2015
Obiagelli:

Perfect response. Nothing more to add

I neva bother contributing to the attention seekers threads anymore....these days....just a joke... grin grin....it has been said in d past that Pipul lose their brain cells once they taste PDP egunje....such a shame... angry

2 Likes

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by Nobody: 5:19pm On Mar 16, 2015
. . . . . . . . .meanwhile, somewhere in Yoruba land;

16 March 2015

[size=15pt]Nigeria: We Never Endorsed Jonathan - -Yoruba Elders Council[/size]

http://allafrica.com/stories/201503160461.html

3 Likes

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by blackfase(m): 5:19pm On Mar 16, 2015
Delusional expectations. No need bearing down on d real dynamics of SW voting pattern. A lot of salient & intelligent comments here hav countered this post squarely. I only need to add here I personally havnt ran into a yoruba blood that isnt on d change wagon & im talkin tens in numbers. I even challenged a few rabid pdp guys I kno & I asked them to honestly admit where they r leaning. Except for one bloke like that, gues y'all already kno d answer to that.....

2 Likes

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by Davvymavvy(f): 5:19pm On Mar 16, 2015
What a parochial view and flawed analysis. Because I reside in Ibadan n I av sympathy for Ladoja, it then translates to supporting the clueless Jonathan? The op must be high on cheap weed to think Jonathan would win SW. Cure your naivety and ignorance by taking random sampling of people's opinion across Yorubaland, I bet, u will bury your head in shame for coming up with this mouth watery analysis.

3 Likes

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by Nobody: 5:20pm On Mar 16, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Lobbying for what?

his achievement should speak for him.

His he also lobbying in those churches? Why is he even not lobbying around the northern emirs?

Do you think he is not giving millions of naira to this obas?
I don't even get your piint.. Where were you when Jonathan visited Lamido and other Emirs?

1 Like

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by gabriel212: 5:20pm On Mar 16, 2015
jaymichael:
Yes fact! even if I have never agreed with you before, I ll say this is the most sensible post you have posited. SW is the bags for GEJ same as SOUTHEAST and SOUTH SOUTH is the bags for BUHARI. #winks.
I IN LOVE WITH YOUR REPLY TO DT POST. SE/SS PREDICTING MY HOUSE VOTE YEYE DEY SMELL
Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by Rilwayne001: 5:22pm On Mar 16, 2015
brownlord:

Just the way Buhari sat down in daura and wait for his achievement as head of state and PTF chairman to,speak for him right?

Indeed Buharis achievement has been the reason why he was elected as the APC flagbearer, his achievement has been the major reason why his campaign rally was succesful all over the country, can you say the same for jonaTAN? why has he been coming and coming to the SW if his achievement his enough forhim? why his he going from churches to churches to findwho to pray for him? why go to ogboni shrine? why go to imams? if the elections is sure fir him?

Or the way aregbe allowed his achievement to speak for him without going to meet the electorate?

No big deal about the eletorate, but going from churches to mosques to obad to shrines all over againin circles is an indication of fear of failure.
Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by jaymichael(m): 5:22pm On Mar 16, 2015
brownlord:

Kiddo, why not go get busy with your book as this is way above you.
What are you looking for here sissy? romance section is missing you oponu!
Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by Nobody: 5:23pm On Mar 16, 2015
Your doubts will be cleared in two weeks time....

3 Likes

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by Ahmeduana(m): 5:23pm On Mar 16, 2015
barcanista:
Afenifere And OPC Favor Jonathan
The endorsement of Jonathan's candidacy by the influential pan Yoruba group Afenifere and O'dua Peoples' Congress will in no small way influence the voting pattern of their members-most of whom are grassroot people. Otunba Gani Adams, National Coordinator, OPC said, “we took time to study the situation of things and we took time to look at the capacity of the candidates involved. I won’t deceive you, from the National Coordinating Council, we have decided to inform our followers that they should vote for President Jonathan.”

The National leader of OPC Chief Fedrick Fasheun had earlier threw his support behind the re-election bid of President Jonathan.

However, another influential group, The Yoruba Council of Elders refused to publicly endorse any of the candidates.

A Look at APC:
No doubt, APC controls 4 out of the Six government houses in the SW as at today, but the party has seen a huge dip in its political fortune in the region. One of the factor that helped the party to win Oyo and Ogun States in 2011 was the heavy factionalisaton within the PDP. Today, the APC in Ogun has had a major split with the SDP coming out a very strong beneficiary taking all Senators. The PDP in Ogun State is united. The APC also lost ALL their Senators in Oyo state, they can't boast of any today- though they gained a Senator in Ondo. In Lagos State, the influential Justice Group left the APC for the PDP. In Ekiti State, the APC was rejected in 2014. In Osun where it hold sway, the anger of civil servants over delay in payment of five(5) months salary may reflect at the Presidential poll. In Ondo State, the APC is not a force as it has little or no structure on ground.

Conclusion
With the Leading parties in the SW and two highly influential groups queuing behind the President's re-election, it is safe to say that the Yoruba nation favors President Jonathan, while the APC candidate Gen Buhari plays second fiddle. Though it won't be fair to write off APC from the political calculation of the SW, yet it will amount to misinformation to say the APC is in control of the region.

God Bless The Yoruba Nation
God Bless Nigeria
God Bless President Jonathan
President 2010-2019
WITH THESE VIVID ANALYSIS IT CERTAIN THAT APC CANNOT HAVE A FREE RIDE IN SOUTHWEST, BUT IF THEY ARE INSISTING THAT THEY ARE WITH CONFIDENCE THAT THEY WILL SWEEP THE WHOLE SOUTHWEST WITH THESE THEIR FRAGMENTED CHANCES, THEN THERE MUST BE SOMETHING WHICH ONLY THEM ARE PRIVY TO, WHICH BRINGS ME TO i.n.e.c AND THE SO CALLED pvc, IF i.n.e.c SHOULD CONSPIRE WITH apc THROUGH THE CARD READER TO RIG THE ELECTION IN FAVOUR OF THE OPPOSITION THERE IS GOING TO BE REAL TROUBLE, ALL THE INFORMATION COMING IN FROM VARIOUS PDP STRONG HOLDS SHOWS THAT i.n.e.c IS DELIBERALY AND SYSTEMATICALY DISENFRANCHISING PEOPLE THAT THEIR NAMES SHOWS OF THAT SOUTHEAST, SOUTH-SOUTH, MIDDLE BELT OR OF CHRISTIANS FAITH. IS THIS KIND OF OPPOSITION WE ARE PRAYING FOR? AND IT HAS SHOWS THAT i.n.e.c AS BECOME A BIAS UMPIRE.

1 Like

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by aresa: 5:24pm On Mar 16, 2015
[s]
anonimi:

What stops someone who does not support you from telling LIES about your visit and what you did/ NOT do just to score points against you?

Surely you are wiser than accepting such STORIES except you are also part of the spinners of the propaganda. Is that your case
[/s]

Trolls bore me...

1 Like

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by Nobody: 5:24pm On Mar 16, 2015
Davvymavvy:
What a parochial view and flawed analysis. Because I reside in Ibadan n I av sympathy for Ladoja, it then translates to supporting the clueless Jonathan? The op must be high on cheap weed to think Jonathan would win SW. Cure your naivety and ignorance by taking random sampling of people's opinion across Yorubaland, I bet, u will bury your head in shame for coming up with this mouth watery analysis.
You can not use your own personal preference to decide for all Ladoja supporters. The importance of endorsement is not to gain 100% votes of subjects but to secure overhelming majority. It's funny how you APC goons use ur own judgement without relying on fact.

3 Likes

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by Nobody: 5:24pm On Mar 16, 2015
slimmy05:
You're already constituting nuisance. Never in your post have made any sensible comments or post. Are you that empty? It's clear Barcanista was the only informed person amongst you, with the way you run behind me like one with downsyndrome. Lookaway you lost cause.
ok
Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:25pm On Mar 16, 2015
Ngwakwe:

They are in the majority and by implication they speak for you.

Secondly, they are exhibiting the characteristics of Southwesters which you are a part. - Fact

You should learn to accomodate political differences, interests and decisions.

Most of them have cited the implementation of resolutions of National Conference as the reason for their stance for which would have been different if Buhari and by extension APC gives them the same assurance.
-The oba don't have more than one vote each. Even if Oduduwa comes from heaven the second time with a chain and Oranmiyan pulls his opa (staff) and points it at Jonathan, he will lose.
-The recommendations of the confab have not been implemented. None of the recommendation of the Yoruba including regional autonomy was part of what the confab came up with.

4 Likes

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by Nobody: 5:26pm On Mar 16, 2015
Ngwakwe:
The unfortunate insinuation that GEJ will lose the region is from vocal minority and PVC-less Southwest social critics who have taken the media sessions to accuse their fathers, traditional authorities, religious leaders, OPC and Afanifere, of moral bankruptcy, accepting bribe and sell out.

The attitude of these sects makes me to wonder if they know the implications of their statements and the possibility of other nationalites concluding that Southwesterners are by extension what they accused their elders and traditional authorities of exhibiting.

For me I have learnt to ignore these minors and their frustrations. I can't imagine Ngwakwe disrespecting and abusing my elders because of political differences.

From every indication, Jonathan has Southwest in his bags for 2015 presidential elections - Fact

Would you relinquish your moderatorship if GEJ loses the majority votes in SW?

The honest truth as a SWesterner conversant with the politics of Ogun and Lagos is that GEJ will struggle to garner the required 25 % in five of the SW votes.
Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by Bayswater: 5:27pm On Mar 16, 2015
SeverusSnape:

.....They are mostly twitter warriors.
And nairaland warriors.

GEJ's campaign in the southwest has not even started.

What you are seeing is just the ground work, the 'real mobilisation' starts on the 21st.

Expect various artisans to start taking positions in that week.

The mamalojas in their thousands now have their GEJ Ankara ready. What could be more grassroots than that?

APC go know how far oops smiley

I'm sure APC did not see that coming.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by brownlord: 5:27pm On Mar 16, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Indeed Buharis achievement has been the reason why he was elected as the APC flagbearer, his achievement has been the major reason why his campaign rally was succesful all over the country, can you say the same for jonaTAN? why has he been coming and coming to the SW if his achievement his enough forhim? why his he going from churches to churches to findwho to pray for him? why go to ogboni shrine? why go to imams? if the elections is sure fir him?

No big deal about the eletorate, but going from churches to mosques to obad to shrines all over againin circles is an indication of fear of failure.

You are not making sense bro, are there no electorates in church and mosque?

Jonathan is the president or the federal republic of Nigeria, which South west is part of, he can visit 77 x 7 times in a day, if you have a problem with it, just jump in lagoon

3 Likes

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by seankay(m): 5:27pm On Mar 16, 2015
If you don't live in the SW, don't open ur silly mouth to tell me GEJ will win undecided maybe you mean the SW in Otuoke. GEJ does not deserve to win, he has failed NGR
Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by Nobody: 5:27pm On Mar 16, 2015
ilugunboy:
Your doubts will be cleared in two weeks time....
Bros, longest time. Well, APC is about to be kicked out soon in SW grin.

3 Likes

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by selectedhero(m): 5:28pm On Mar 16, 2015
garrix8:
Obviously..

Keep counting 419 Endorsements sold to Jonadunce. The guy is a Federal mumu and he is being conned left, right and centre...
I laughed at your post. did you forget this same 419 endorsement made him win the southwest in 2011? watching APC comedy in 4D.
COME EVENING 29TH MARCH I WILL BE SIPPING SOMETHING AND SHOUTING UP GEJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I WILL ALSO CREATE TIME TO CONSOLE MY BROTHERS IN APC.

1 Like

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by Rilwayne001: 5:28pm On Mar 16, 2015
barcanista:
I don't even get your piint.. Where were you when Jonathan visited Lamido and other Emirs?

Ore.

You know nothing about electorates in Southwest, especially you analysis of OYO state. I am in ibadan, and i am highly dissapointed in this analysis of yours.

Well, March28 is around the corner.

The thing will do you.

1 Like

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by Nobody: 5:29pm On Mar 16, 2015
barcanista:

God willing, we will all come here to take stock after the elections.

GEJ will lose the majority votes in SW and will struggle to garner the required mandatory 25% in most of the states.....
Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by brownlord: 5:30pm On Mar 16, 2015
barcanista:

Did you get fired for dumping APC? Thought you both working in same place
Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by kokoA(m): 5:31pm On Mar 16, 2015
barcanista:
Listen very well. I specifically mentioned the action of political leaders. Accord isn't incumbent in oyo nor SDP in Ogun. But their leaders are resolved to work with Jonathan. This is the same in Labor in Oyo and other SW states. I am a keen observer of SW politics, I haven't seen powerful blocs endorse Buhari. You guys will be shocked in Oyo, Ogun, Lagos, Ondo and Ekiti States. APC isn't loved by any formidable party in Ogun. This is a fact
My brother, like I said before presidential election in Nigeria has nothing to do with the political parties, it has nothing to do with endorsements (genuine or bought).. It has always been about the individuals on the ballot papers.. How many of these Obas and Yoruba leaders endorsed GEJ four years back when southwest was totally in the hands of the defunct ACN? Yet GEJ won in that region because people loved him.. They refused to vote Ribadu who ran under their beloved ACN at that time because of they believed GEJ's lies then. Buhari on other hand has never seek or gotten any major endorsement from anybody since he has been running for presidency, yet he keeps raking in a whooping 13million votes.. This should go a long way to tell you that presidential elections in Nigeria is usually won by the most popular candidate among the masses and not by any gadamm endorsements from traditional or political leaders. Except you have deliberately chosen to be blind and deaf, it is obvious that the most popular candidate in this years election is General Muhammadu Buhari.

6 Likes

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by Nobody: 5:31pm On Mar 16, 2015
Bayswater:

GEJ's campaign in the southwest has not even started.

What you are seeing is just the ground work, the 'real mobilisation' starts on the 21st.

Expect various artisans to start taking positions in that week.

The mamalojas in their thousands now have their GEJ Ankara ready. What could be more grassroots than that?

APC go know how far oops smiley

I'm sure APC did not see that coming.
APC always assume that "people mind are made". It will shock them

5 Likes

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by brownlord: 5:32pm On Mar 16, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

-The oba don't have more than one vote each. Even if Oduduwa comes from heaven the second time with a chain and Oranmiyan pulls his opa (staff) and points it at Jonathan, he will lose.
-The recommendations of the confab have not been implemented. None of the recommendation of the Yoruba including regional autonomy was part of what the confab came up with.

He never did that.
Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by Ngwakwe: 5:34pm On Mar 16, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

I just quoted one of the reasons they enumerated for their stance which is different from your opinions hence my call for respect for differences in political persuasions and interest.

Most of these Southwesterners supporting Jonathan have their valid reasons and are not all crooks, saboteurs, and whatever you think.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Profile Of Siminalayi Fubara, Rivers State Governor-Elect / Buratai Dapper In Suit As Wike Hosts Colorful Banquet In Rivers / PDP List Names Of APC Officials Involved In Electoral Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.