Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,943 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:35 PM

What Engine Oil Do I Use For My Corolla 2008 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Engine Oil Do I Use For My Corolla 2008 (8706 Views)

Petrol Vs. Diesel: What Engine To Go For? / What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? / My Corolla Hatchback Vvt-i T3 Dries Engine Oil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Engine Oil Do I Use For My Corolla 2008 by Nobody: 8:12pm On Mar 16, 2015
Hi everyone I need advise on oil to use. I just got a tokunbo corolla 2008. Driven it for like 3months nw. Also brought it from lagos. I discovered this evening that the maintenance required indicator keeps blinking on the dashboard. I check the manual and it say I shd change the oil. Nw my question what engine oil do I use the manual says 5w 30 but I knw I wont see dat here in abuja. Can anyone guide me on thw engine oil to use for my cororlla 2008. Will appreciate.
Re: What Engine Oil Do I Use For My Corolla 2008 by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:39pm On Mar 16, 2015
WS? Omo take it easy o! How did you read the manual? Your engine oil should be 0W20 if you can't find it buy 5W20.

WS is transmission oil for the gearbox.
Re: What Engine Oil Do I Use For My Corolla 2008 by Nobody: 10:10pm On Mar 16, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
WS? Omo take it easy o! How did you read the manual? Your engine oil should be 0W20 if you can't find it buy 5W20.

lol, its 5w 30, do i buy mobil 1 or the normal mobil super, cos i hear the 5w30 has the synthetic nd mineral
Re: What Engine Oil Do I Use For My Corolla 2008 by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:44am On Mar 17, 2015
keyman0007:

lol, its 5w 30, do i buy mobil 1 or the normal mobil super, cos i hear the 5w30 has the synthetic nd mineral

Full synthetic.
Re: What Engine Oil Do I Use For My Corolla 2008 by damolaMax(m): 3:35am On Mar 17, 2015
Your Toyota Corolla requires 5w30 viscosity grade oil. API rating SN, 5 litres.
This kind of oil ensures minimal harmful emissions from your vehicle, drastically improves gas mileage, makes your engine run smoother and protects your engine by keeping it clean and reducing sludge deposits.
You can go for MORGAS premium Engine Oil. It meets the requirements from today's cars.
For more details on the oil, check goldenlubricants.com.
ORDER NOW: 08039275566

Re: What Engine Oil Do I Use For My Corolla 2008 by agyo(m): 11:30am On Mar 17, 2015
That may not be the cause of maintenance light on ur dash board. If you change the oil ' it persist, you then need to check your car using the machine. It is an accurate way of knowing what exactly is the problem.

My landlord has same challenge sometimes ago, the story wasn't a funny one. He has committed so much fund following his mechanic's advice. Change brain box, bought/import pedal switch, etc. I got wind of it unexpectedly and I told him that he is wasting his time and resources.

I collected the car, went to Elukuhia Mechanics village in Port Harcourt. Guess what was the problem?

"Bulb" which cost less than 500# was bought by him sometimes back caused it. Wrong bulb was used 'n because the car is so sensitive, it affected the car's efficiency seriously.
Re: What Engine Oil Do I Use For My Corolla 2008 by Stylz69(m): 11:54am On Mar 17, 2015
keyman0007:
Hi everyone I need advise on oil to use. I just got a tokunbo corolla 2008. Driven it for like 3months nw. Also brought it from lagos. I discovered this evening that the maintenance required indicator keeps blinking on the dashboard. I check the manual and it say I shd change the oil. Nw my question what engine oil do I use the manual says 5w 30 but I knw I wont see dat here in abuja. Can anyone guide me on thw engine oil to use for my cororlla 2008. Will appreciate.

Your recommended oil is the 5w 30 and you are wrong, you will find it in Abuja. Go to the Gudu market and search the toyota shops there, you will get the OEM Toyota oil. Then you can google how to reset the maintenance required indicator.
Re: What Engine Oil Do I Use For My Corolla 2008 by honmusa(m): 9:28am On Mar 19, 2015
keyman0007:

call 08061166316 to give u the full procedure to reset ur maintenance required light.
Re: What Engine Oil Do I Use For My Corolla 2008 by Deloyd: 5:43pm On Mar 20, 2015
I am really surprised that you need a 5W 30 for a 2008 Toyota Corolla but since uve confirmed it from the manual u could reach me on 08093524229 for your Full Synthetic Engine Oil 5w 30 or 5w 40
Re: What Engine Oil Do I Use For My Corolla 2008 by AmenJoan(f): 8:00pm On Mar 20, 2015
The maintenance required light is programmed to come on every 5000km, so all you need do is reset it. You don't even need to change the oil if you did full servicing when you bought the car.
1. Put yOur key in the ignition
2. Turn it on. without starting the engine
3. Press and hold the trip indicator knob on the right side of your control panel. Wait till it shows 000
4. Turn off car.
5. The maintenance required light should be cleared when you turn on again

2 Likes

Re: What Engine Oil Do I Use For My Corolla 2008 by Sirchiboy: 10:31pm On Feb 07, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

I was advised to use visco 2000 20w50.
The engine cap wrote 0W20.
What should I do
Re: What Engine Oil Do I Use For My Corolla 2008 by BoboKush(m): 3:22am On Feb 10, 2023
What was recommended for u is what I use but mind 5w30 is the manual recommended
So follow the manual

U can get mobil one fully synthetic
A bit pricy

Or get mobil 5w30
Nt fully synthetic
The price stil reasonable

The ball in ur court
Any mobil u r buying please do at mobil fueling station

(1) (Reply)

Uwemjacks New Powerbike - Simba (BMW F800ST) / HONDA BABY Boy Engine Change V6 / Myths Or Facts: Are Car Fires Work Of The Village People Or Just Carelessness?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.