Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,588 members, 7,955,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:39 PM

CCTV Caught Ladies Shoplifting At A Store On Allen Avenue Ikeja, Lagos (photo) - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CCTV Caught Ladies Shoplifting At A Store On Allen Avenue Ikeja, Lagos (photo) (67401 Views)

N5m Falls From Bullion Van In Lagos (Photo) / How He Was Duped Of N50,000 In UBA In Lagos (photo) / New Style Of Shoplifting, Shop Owners Beware! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CCTV Caught Ladies Shoplifting At A Store On Allen Avenue Ikeja, Lagos (photo) by chymystique(f): 8:10am On Mar 17, 2015
AgapeCharis:
Hey..! Your signature...which colour is that?

"Indigo"
Re: CCTV Caught Ladies Shoplifting At A Store On Allen Avenue Ikeja, Lagos (photo) by Mohammedtijjani: 8:26am On Mar 17, 2015
Which kind of inverasiment is this Ladays!!!
Re: CCTV Caught Ladies Shoplifting At A Store On Allen Avenue Ikeja, Lagos (photo) by anitank(f): 8:27am On Mar 17, 2015
gbagaunfreak:
No be Anita be this shocked shocked
which Anita angry angry angry
Re: CCTV Caught Ladies Shoplifting At A Store On Allen Avenue Ikeja, Lagos (photo) by anitank(f): 8:38am On Mar 17, 2015
coogar:

only the staff at the till can remove those ink tags. if someone attempts to steal any clothing item without going to the till, the alarm system is deafening. the way people at the store would look at you, you would start confessing. grin

the high end stores have cameras & they do monitor. they actually make enough profit to pay for personnel that would sit & stare at the monitors. a small scale store like the one in the video on this thread wouldn't be able to afford all that on security alone. they have overheads to pay, don't they?

Even the alarm systems can't be relied upon most times. I remember leaving a H$M store with my two shopping bags when the alarm went off shocked it felt so embarrassing knowing I paid for all the items. The security men came and checked everything and tallied them with my receipt. They eventually apologised when they found nothing was unpaid for.

But you should have seen my heart pounding the whole time, because even when I knew I paid for every item I bought, I just couldn't fathom why in the hell that alarm went off on me grin

1 Like

Re: CCTV Caught Ladies Shoplifting At A Store On Allen Avenue Ikeja, Lagos (photo) by mahyowah(m): 8:44am On Mar 17, 2015
chibyksveejay:
Typical Nigerian ladies
kai! it happens all over the world.
Re: CCTV Caught Ladies Shoplifting At A Store On Allen Avenue Ikeja, Lagos (photo) by 400billionman: 8:59am On Mar 17, 2015
This issue of stealing don tire me..

Why won't people avoid what they cannot afford ? And respect dignity of labor.

I will rather carry head pan and shovel than steal..
Re: CCTV Caught Ladies Shoplifting At A Store On Allen Avenue Ikeja, Lagos (photo) by pbs4real(m): 9:02am On Mar 17, 2015
Bonapart:
And she has five boyfriends and tax them all the time. What else does she needs.
Foreign girls all the way
9ja galz re neva satisfied. ,throat 2 long.
Re: CCTV Caught Ladies Shoplifting At A Store On Allen Avenue Ikeja, Lagos (photo) by Nobody: 9:07am On Mar 17, 2015
chymystique:

"Indigo"
Me likey wink Me likey wink

Which do you prefer?
Re: CCTV Caught Ladies Shoplifting At A Store On Allen Avenue Ikeja, Lagos (photo) by Laid2001: 9:25am On Mar 17, 2015
That is insult to your mom, sister and other women in your life.

This is not typical Nigerian Lady, she is just a thief and people like her are minority and do not define Nigerian Ladies or Nigerians at large. Afterall the shop owner and the workers are ll Nigerians as well.

Always think before typing, dont get use to stereotyping!!!

chibyksveejay:
Typical Nigerian ladies

1 Like

Re: CCTV Caught Ladies Shoplifting At A Store On Allen Avenue Ikeja, Lagos (photo) by gymequipments: 9:28am On Mar 17, 2015
Standard 8 ft by 4 ft snooker pool tables. Imported and with all the accessories, including Cue sticks, Balls, Triangle, Chalk, and Brush. These billiard pool tables are clean and well designed. They are suitable for home use, hotels, gym, tournaments, schools, game centers, etc.

Free delivery in Lagos, and delivery to other states like Abuja, PH, Owerri, Uyo, Kano, Kaduna, Minna, Enugu, Delta, Anambra, etc. call 08063530267

Re: CCTV Caught Ladies Shoplifting At A Store On Allen Avenue Ikeja, Lagos (photo) by chymystique(f): 9:31am On Mar 17, 2015
AgapeCharis:
Me likey wink Me likey wink

Which do you prefer?

lol.. the indigo of course.. nl's purple colour is dull
Re: CCTV Caught Ladies Shoplifting At A Store On Allen Avenue Ikeja, Lagos (photo) by ndidibabe(f): 9:46am On Mar 17, 2015
I pray that they will soon be caught. So sad!!
Re: CCTV Caught Ladies Shoplifting At A Store On Allen Avenue Ikeja, Lagos (photo) by naijafresh: 9:50am On Mar 17, 2015
coogar:

harrods is a different story now.
that's a high end departmental store. how can you compare harrods to the one on this thread. come on, stop reaching! there are items in harrods worth several thousands of british pounds. don't compare it to a store in this video that looks like a regular £1 store. grin

Lol, so every store that installs CCTV and monitors it has to be 'high end'? Even my local corner shop has CCTV and I see him looking at it everytime i enter his overpriced store. grin

You're missing my point.

I am not saying that CCTV is monitored 100% of the time or it can't be beaten, in this Nigerian shop they installed CCTV for a reason, theft detection and I will explain.. If you can spend the money to install an expensive CCTV system in Nigeria then you can spend some time or money monitoring it.
It doesn't have to be 12 hours a day and come to think of it the shoplifters in this case must have been lucky or perhaps the owner was distracted at that precise moment so they got away. There is no point taking the footage to the nearest police station and asking them to help apprehend the culprits, they will laugh at your face so you have to be more proactive.

Shop owners in Nigeria and other smaller shop owners are not Walmart or Harrods that rely on the backup of the police to prevent shoplifting. So in my opinion (humble) I am not expecting too much of them to monitor their own CCTV. If they can't monitor the CCTV then what is the point installing the CCTV? the girl stealing actually looked at the camera so she knew it was a camera and banked on the fact it might not be working or being monitored, some people would not even have a clue what the camera is. I bet she has stolen from that shop before so they are considered a soft target.

I have walked out of shops with goods without realising i hadn't paid and I have also seen people accosted at the door because the security caught them on camera. That doesn't mean that no one has ever got away with stealing from the same shop. Some people are banned from Marks and Spencers for persistent shoplifting despite all the cameras and security.

CCTV can be a crime deterrent or crime detector it just depends on how you apply it. In Nigeria your CCTV has to be a crime detector because once they have left the shop your goods are gone forever. This is the point I was trying to make.
grin
Re: CCTV Caught Ladies Shoplifting At A Store On Allen Avenue Ikeja, Lagos (photo) by Nobody: 9:54am On Mar 17, 2015
chymystique:

lol.. the indigo of course.. nl's purple colour is dull
This colour you used can get someone blind o grin
Re: CCTV Caught Ladies Shoplifting At A Store On Allen Avenue Ikeja, Lagos (photo) by Bonapart(m): 10:21am On Mar 17, 2015
ribbit:
Na foreign babes dey shoplift pass... They even do it for the fun of it. Especially those bored house wives grin
only if you dey Bleep up. A typical Nigeria girl is never satisfied
Re: CCTV Caught Ladies Shoplifting At A Store On Allen Avenue Ikeja, Lagos (photo) by redsun(m): 10:27am On Mar 17, 2015
400billionman:
This issue of stealing don tire me..

Why won't people avoid what they cannot afford ? And respect dignity of labor.

I will rather carry head pan and shovel than steal..

You probably support tinubu or OBJ,why don't you tell them that.

They did no harm,they are just hard up petty thieves trying to survive. The real thieves are lords and VIPs in Nigeria.

Even the mannequin in that shop is oyinbo ascifctgey are selling to size 8 oyinbo market. Colo.

1 Like

Re: CCTV Caught Ladies Shoplifting At A Store On Allen Avenue Ikeja, Lagos (photo) by ribbit: 10:30am On Mar 17, 2015
Bonapart:
only if you dey Bleep up. A typical Nigeria girl is never satisfied
Na lie... Foreign babe gets bored easily.. They always want excitement all the time unlike naija babe wey be say na poverty.
Re: CCTV Caught Ladies Shoplifting At A Store On Allen Avenue Ikeja, Lagos (photo) by Bonapart(m): 10:37am On Mar 17, 2015
ribbit:
Na lie... Foreign babe gets bored easily.. They always want excitement all the time unlike naija babe wey be say na poverty.
it is very difficult for a foreign girl to cheat on her partner. When they fall in love even you will think it's a charm. Am talking from experience my guy. Except the lunatic ones
Re: CCTV Caught Ladies Shoplifting At A Store On Allen Avenue Ikeja, Lagos (photo) by tonychristopher: 10:47am On Mar 17, 2015
i just dont know why nigerian women are just daft and stupid...you want to shoplift yet your looking at the security camera

all these omo alata wey full lagos seff ...the video is funny
Re: CCTV Caught Ladies Shoplifting At A Store On Allen Avenue Ikeja, Lagos (photo) by ribbit: 10:49am On Mar 17, 2015
Bonapart:
it is very difficult for a foreign girl to cheat on her partner. When they fall in love even you will think it's a charm. Am talking from experience my guy. Except the lunatic ones
I'm talking about shoplifting not cheating
Re: CCTV Caught Ladies Shoplifting At A Store On Allen Avenue Ikeja, Lagos (photo) by Bonapart(m): 10:52am On Mar 17, 2015
ribbit:
I'm talking about shoplifting not cheating
hahahahaha.... lmao
Yes na dey do it with style and components. Lol
Re: CCTV Caught Ladies Shoplifting At A Store On Allen Avenue Ikeja, Lagos (photo) by Ilekeh(f): 11:03am On Mar 17, 2015
ocee31:
Foolish woman. She no dey watch american film make she sabi how to dodge camera

Lmao grin
Re: CCTV Caught Ladies Shoplifting At A Store On Allen Avenue Ikeja, Lagos (photo) by Ilekeh(f): 11:08am On Mar 17, 2015
Maximus85:
She's stupid too. She was looking at the camera and stealing. Maybe the baba don tell am say the camera no go see am.

Hahahha
Re: CCTV Caught Ladies Shoplifting At A Store On Allen Avenue Ikeja, Lagos (photo) by prest(m): 11:12am On Mar 17, 2015
CREATE THE WEDDING CAKE OF YOUR DREAM WITHOUT BREAKING THE BANK!!!
CATEGORY 1:
Stylish 3tiers (6",10",14"wink wedding cake plus 150 cut up for guest for just (N70,000)
CATEGORY 2:
Stylish 4tiers (5",8",11",14"wink wedding cake and 1tier (12" Redvelvet, Sponge or Chocolate cake) engagement cake of your choice. plus 100 cup cakes or 250 cut up cakes for guest. for just (N120,000)
CATEGORY 3
Stylish 5tiers wedding cake with a 2tiers (Redvelvet, Sponge or chocolate) engagement cake of your choice. plus 300 cut up cakes or 150 cup cakes for guest. for just (N165,000)
This offer ends june 2015. To make a booking but can be utilized till January 2016 once booking is secured.
FOR INQUIRIES:
18 BODE THOMAS, BY UBA, SURULERE LAGOS. 08055170819, 08094166041. e: yellowvelvet01@gmail.com. BB PIN: 79C852F8, ALSO LIKE OUR FACEBOOK PAGE https://www.facebook.com/yellowvelvetcakes

Re: CCTV Caught Ladies Shoplifting At A Store On Allen Avenue Ikeja, Lagos (photo) by mikkyword(m): 11:19am On Mar 17, 2015
you should be smarter than this. by posting it here. They will never be back to that shop again.
Re: CCTV Caught Ladies Shoplifting At A Store On Allen Avenue Ikeja, Lagos (photo) by IntroVAT: 11:50am On Mar 17, 2015
Is she stuffing the dresses in her coochie or what? Where are the dresses disappearing to without any apparent bulges. Oga o!
Re: CCTV Caught Ladies Shoplifting At A Store On Allen Avenue Ikeja, Lagos (photo) by james1(m): 12:49pm On Mar 17, 2015
so dumb;she can't see the camera or she thinks its a dummy?
Re: CCTV Caught Ladies Shoplifting At A Store On Allen Avenue Ikeja, Lagos (photo) by Nobody: 1:01pm On Mar 17, 2015
ozoigbondu:
But the CCTV did not catch the lekki robbers undecided
the cctv in Nigeria re normally internal... not external...
Re: CCTV Caught Ladies Shoplifting At A Store On Allen Avenue Ikeja, Lagos (photo) by Nobody: 1:04pm On Mar 17, 2015
mikkyword:
you should be smarter than this. by posting it here. They will never be back to that shop again.
at least ppl have seen her face now, one person on her street must be on Nairaland...
Re: CCTV Caught Ladies Shoplifting At A Store On Allen Avenue Ikeja, Lagos (photo) by Nobody: 1:06pm On Mar 17, 2015
Maximus85:
She's stupid too. She was looking at the camera and stealing. Maybe the baba don tell am say the camera no go see am.
if u watch d video u wud discover dat it was staged between her and d gal on red blouse... because while she stole d gal used another dress to cover her... the camera was only able to capture her when she removed her hands from under her dress and wen it was discovered dat d blouse she took into dat place she's standing was no longer with her.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Aliko Dangote: I Withdrew $10m Just To Look At It / List Of 47 Microfinance Banks Licences Revoked By CBN / CBN's New Rules On ATM Operations In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.