Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,821 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

Osinbajo Townhall Meeting At Maryland USA (Photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Townhall Meeting At Maryland USA (Photos) (22111 Views)

Ngige Booed In Enugu At Townhall Meeting For Defending Buhari's Sectionalism / Students In Akwa Ibom Disrupt Townhall Meeting Organized By FG / Pictures From PDP Youth Townhall Meeting In Ilorin Kwara State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo Townhall Meeting At Maryland USA (Photos) by Nobody: 1:07pm On Mar 17, 2015
erunz:
PLEASE HELP ME ASK OSIBANJO, DOES THIS PEOPLE HAVE PVC. OKAY OOOO. WHERE IS BUHARI, HE'S SUPPOSE TO BE THE PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE, SINCE HE VISITED SHAGARI HE HAS NOT BEEN SEEN.
what a strategy by APC lol... First it was Chatham house, now it is Maryland. People without PVC grin

GEJ will send them to political retirement.
Re: Osinbajo Townhall Meeting At Maryland USA (Photos) by Nobody: 1:08pm On Mar 17, 2015
erunz:
PLEASE HELP ME ASK OSIBANJO, DOES THIS PEOPLE HAVE PVC. OKAY OOOO. WHERE IS BUHARI, HE'S SUPPOSE TO BE THE PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE, SINCE HE VISITED SHAGARI HE HAS NOT BEEN SEEN.
what a strategy by APC lol... First it was Chatham house, now it is Maryland(USA). People without PVC grin

GEJ will send them to political retirement.
Re: Osinbajo Townhall Meeting At Maryland USA (Photos) by chipet67(m): 1:10pm On Mar 17, 2015
Iamsynord:
the Lord anointed Vice president
[s]
Iamsynord:
[/s]
Iamsynord:
... Dont give spiritual things to the swine.
Re: Osinbajo Townhall Meeting At Maryland USA (Photos) by chipet67(m): 1:12pm On Mar 17, 2015
The Lord anointed Vice president[/quote][s]
Iamsynord:
[/s]
Iamsynord:
... Dont give spiritual things to the swine.
Re: Osinbajo Townhall Meeting At Maryland USA (Photos) by presido1: 1:13pm On Mar 17, 2015
stronger:

[size=16pt]DO THEY HAVE PVCs??!!! [/size][size=8pt][/size]

This question has been recycled so many times and I am surprised when it comes from people who should know better. Let me try and explain;

(1) Yes, in fact they may have PVCs. I know a few people who came home to register and are coming this week to get their PVCs. Expand your network and get to know more people.
People in Nigeria with PVC are looking for the nearest exit before election and you think any sane person outside Nigeria will come home just to collect pvc and vote.

stronger:
(2) Even if they don't have PVCs, they are stakeholders in the Nigerian project. The diaspora community sends back billions of dollars home EVERY YEAR! That translates to a higher GDP that strengthens the economy. You therefore can NOT neglect them. You must have a onverstaion with them on why they should trust the GMB govt. Why they should consider moving back etc! Think.
Who ever wins the diasporas' will still send money to their relatives. Its independent of who the president is or which party is in power.
Re: Osinbajo Townhall Meeting At Maryland USA (Photos) by Dannyset(m): 1:17pm On Mar 17, 2015
stronger:

So after all I wrote this is the best you could come up with? I have a business meeting soon but let me try to help you out!

First of all, the DYNAMICS of foreign policy in the USA are, suffice to say, much different from NIGERIA's. In shear SCALE and STRATEGY!! John Kerry is the busiest Secretary (Minister) in the US!! The secretary of state is always the busiest and highest ranking secretary. Our equivalent here is Wali who most people don't know except when he goofed with Morocco!!

Now, during the Foreign policy debates, the American presidential candidates (Romney and Obama) articulated their respective strategies on how to tackle Military spending, Iran's nuclear plans, Benghazi issue, Gaza, Syria, Russia etc.

Both candidates traveled to Israel, Russia, the middle east, Uk and other MAJOR ALLIES!! Nigeria is an ally, not a major oe!! In the scheme of things, a journey to Nigeria would not have been important to them ONE BIT! Don't be deluded about our "importance". Obama has never come here but GEJ runs there ALL THE TIME! WAKE UP!!

Pls give it a second thought and ask ursef it this person ur trying to explain to understand what "Foreign Policy" is. If not, u are likely to keep explaining things till forever.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Townhall Meeting At Maryland USA (Photos) by stronger: 1:22pm On Mar 17, 2015
presido1:
People in Nigeria with PVC are looking for the nearest exit before election and you think any sane person outside Nigeria will come home just to collect pvc and vote.

Who ever wins the diasporas' will still send money to their relatives. Its independent of who the president is or which party is in power.

Okay good. But I have told you I know people who are that passionate about Nigeria and will come back to vote or are going to be around during the easter period and will vote or have a strong followership in Nigeria! Is this not enough reason to interact with them?

Are you suggesting we neglect the millions of people in diaspora? No conversations withe them at all? The idea that we only have conversations with people that WILL VOTE is a bit senseless don't you think? When Netanyahu made his speech in Congress about Iran, are you aware he was doing it largely for elections back home? To show his foreign relations are strong? Will the congress members vote?

Let's think outside the box please.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Townhall Meeting At Maryland USA (Photos) by stronger: 1:23pm On Mar 17, 2015
Dannyset:

Pls give it a second thought and ask ursef it this person ur trying to explain to understand what "Foreign Policy" is. If not, u are likely to keep explaining things till forever.

grin grin grin grin

Thanks man! I have long realised I was talking to a brick. i ignored that fellow long ago!

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Townhall Meeting At Maryland USA (Photos) by Skillz02(m): 2:12pm On Mar 17, 2015
D
Advertico:
I know change when I see one. A group that drinks lies, propaganda and distortion of facts cannot represent change.
I think that's when u regain ur sight
Re: Osinbajo Townhall Meeting At Maryland USA (Photos) by Chigold101(m): 3:01pm On Mar 17, 2015
spott:
This is what we call a fantastic campaign not one running up and down sharing dollars. Talk to us Nigerians both inside and outside about your plans you have.

APC has done very well in this, I will give them A+ while PDP n others F9.

Sai Osinbajo
Sai Buhari
fantastic campaign in USA? Do those people have PVC? Will they vote come 28 March.

This is called foo.lishness in upper chamber.

Missplaced DESIRE in highest LEVEL!!!

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Townhall Meeting At Maryland USA (Photos) by dunkem21(m): 3:40pm On Mar 17, 2015
realjoker:
then answer my question. how many nigeria can afford a plane ticket to their next closer city?

Chai.

Murtala Muhammed Int'l airport is a market itself.

How much is air fare sef?

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Townhall Meeting At Maryland USA (Photos) by MrFairplay4ume(m): 5:34pm On Mar 17, 2015
barnabasj:

Back to your question, I live in Copenhagen Finland, I have father,Mother and younger ones that i send money to in Nigeria every month, I also have cousin that I have pay their Tuition fees but yet they are unemployed and all of them are complaining about the situation in Nigeria, Me alone I have mobilize about 10 people, I call them and make sure they have there PVC ready and vote against this Wasteful Government,

Each Nigeria in the Diaspora have at-least minimum of like 5 to 10 People they cater for and if they can mobilize those people it will go along way.
Hope you understands why Nigerian in the Diaspora is important.
Thank you

I thought Copenhagen is in Denmark?
Re: Osinbajo Townhall Meeting At Maryland USA (Photos) by CecyAdrian(f): 5:47pm On Mar 17, 2015
Acidosis:

So GEJ is the reason you send money home to feed your people?

lol

So by voting in Buhari, you'll stop sending money home hoping that Buhari will take over your responsibilities?

Pathetic APC Con-artists. ...better save more money for your people because if the tyrant eventually outshines GEJ at the poll; Nigeria will UNARGUABLY witness severe, chronic and catastrophic economic, societal and developmental crisis.
Seriously, how do you people reason?? .i wonder why most people in Nigeria shy away from the truth. And when itss being told,you do all things possible to deviate from it.
Hmmmmmmm,na woah ooooo

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Townhall Meeting At Maryland USA (Photos) by CecyAdrian(f): 5:51pm On Mar 17, 2015
Popemax:
so Buhari will change all that .....don't think so
Don't tell me you now see the future and know what will and will not happen. cheesy
Re: Osinbajo Townhall Meeting At Maryland USA (Photos) by ewosk: 6:05pm On Mar 17, 2015
barnabasj:

I live in Copenhagen Finland, ,

Thank you

i thot copenhagen is in Denmark

VOTE POSITIVE CHANGE.....
Re: Osinbajo Townhall Meeting At Maryland USA (Photos) by AlphaDibia(m): 7:11pm On Mar 17, 2015
I'm more so disturbed at this pick for VP. God forbid death happens to Buhari While in office, ladies and gents, this your next presido, Professor Yemi Osibanjo. While this is not an indictment on the fellow's capabilities, the honorable professor doth not strike me as a very pragmatic person. He's more so a theorist Which means he'll be doing a lot of hypothesis and testing, which Nigeria don't have patience for. A better suitable job for the honorable professor would be a special advisor to the president k

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Townhall Meeting At Maryland USA (Photos) by Nobody: 10:12pm On Mar 17, 2015
Most of you shouting GEJ- Can't even afford to fuel your gens Daily
let's see what APC can offer us. We are fed up with PDP. Suffering everywhere.
God Please help my Country Nigeria.
It is well

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Townhall Meeting At Maryland USA (Photos) by domino101(m): 10:17pm On Mar 17, 2015
how many Yankees are not respected swiss bank wetin dey. campaign joor. Commonwealth 9ja is bleeped. God bless Nigeria. we need change.
Re: Osinbajo Townhall Meeting At Maryland USA (Photos) by jaysniggs: 11:03pm On Mar 17, 2015
stronger:

So after all I wrote this is the best you could come up with? I have a business meeting soon but let me try to help you out!

First of all, the DYNAMICS of foreign policy in the USA are, suffice to say, much different from NIGERIA's. In shear SCALE and STRATEGY!! John Kerry is the busiest Secretary (Minister) in the US!! The secretary of state is always the busiest and highest ranking secretary. Our equivalent here is Wali who most people don't know except when he goofed with Morocco!!

Now, during the Foreign policy debates, the American presidential candidates (Romney and Obama) articulated their respective strategies on how to tackle Military spending, Iran's nuclear plans, Benghazi issue, Gaza, Syria, Russia etc.

Both candidates traveled to Israel, Russia, the middle east, Uk and other MAJOR ALLIES!! Nigeria is an ally, not a major oe!! In the scheme of things, a journey to Nigeria would not have been important to them ONE BIT! Don't be deluded about our "importance". Obama has never come here but GEJ runs there ALL THE TIME! WAKE UP!!

Its futile
They won't understand
To them life hasn't gone beyond "GEJ till 2019"
So why waste your time, its best if you point this out to people who aren't mentally stuck on mediocrity.
P.S you gonna type a lot bro, a lot and still they won't get it.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Townhall Meeting At Maryland USA (Photos) by mcquin(m): 1:07am On Mar 18, 2015
antontech:
Keep going abroad to talk rubiiish

He was at the grass-root in Lagos. You complained he was only at Lagos, he went further to Ogun and other neighbouring states, you called him a local champion that he was only within SW, now he has gone far to diaspora to preach the gospel of change to diasporans, you still complain.

Can you be pleased? What is your problem?
Re: Osinbajo Townhall Meeting At Maryland USA (Photos) by Volksfuhrer(m): 5:28am On Mar 18, 2015
olrotimi:
The questions I want to ask, which are not as difficult as JAMB questions are :
Do these Maryland folks have PVC?
Are they coming to vote?

What makes you so sure that some of them are not coming home to vote?

In any case, many of these people regularly discuss topical issues with relatives in Nigeria, yet you don't deem it foolhardy to undermine their influence on voters!
Re: Osinbajo Townhall Meeting At Maryland USA (Photos) by Rufex07(m): 8:47am On Mar 18, 2015
stronger:

[size=16pt]DO THEY HAVE PVCs??!!! [/size][size=8pt][/size]

This question has been recycled so many times and I am surprised when it comes from people who should know better. Let me try and explain;

(1) Yes, in fact they may have PVCs. I know a few people who came home to register and are coming this week to get their PVCs. Expand your network and get to know more people.

(2) Even if they don't have PVCs, they are stakeholders in the Nigerian project. The diaspora community sends back billions of dollars home EVERY YEAR! That translates to a higher GDP that strengthens the economy. You therefore can NOT neglect them. You must have a onverstaion with them on why they should trust the GMB govt. Why they should consider moving back etc! Think

(3) Do you even realise the population of Nigerians in Diaspora? Do you know how much influence they may have on their people back home? I know a woman who is a leader of her constituency and stays in Baltimore She is highly respected by THOUSANDS! She is in the US because she is sad about the state of things in Nigeria. If she sees reason with a GMB govt, she can single-handedly influence THOUSANDS OF VOTES!! can give you her name if you want! She doesn't have a PVC o. But she is worth thousands of votes!!

(4) [b]Lastly, THE INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY!! [/b]During the American election 3-day debate, A WHOLE DAY was dedicated to FOREIGN POLICY!! Do you think US does not have enough domestic issues? of course Nigeria is not as powerful as the US and can't have a say in a lot of foreign policy discussions but the International community needs to have CONFIDENCE in the govt. That's the only way they will invest (and thus bring employment etc). So the CHATHAM HOUSE SPEECH for example was directed at mostly the intl community.

Please let's try to do some basic reasoning and not follow the crowd to yell same things over again!!

Cheers
God bless you for this post

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Townhall Meeting At Maryland USA (Photos) by Nobody: 3:00pm On Mar 18, 2015
barnabasj:

Back to your question, I live in Copenhagen Finland, I have father,Mother and younger ones that i send money to in Nigeria every month, I also have cousin that I have pay their Tuition fees but yet they are unemployed and all of them are complaining about the situation in Nigeria, Me alone I have mobilize about 10 people, I call them and make sure they have there PVC ready and vote against this Wasteful Government,

Each Nigeria in the Diaspora have at-least minimum of like 5 to 10 People they cater for and if they can mobilize those people it will go along way.
Hope you understands why Nigerian in the Diaspora is important.
Thank you

MUMU; WHICH COPENHAGEN DEY FOR FINLAND ??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nembe Youths Shut Down OML29 Oil Well Located In Nembe - Bayelsa / Photo Of Africa And Europe At Night From Space / Governor Ihedioha Appoints Kanu Nwankwo As His Special Assistant On Sports (Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.