Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,063 members, 7,956,973 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:58 AM

Why We Stopped General Buhari’s 1 Million Man March In Kano – Police - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Stopped General Buhari’s 1 Million Man March In Kano – Police (15817 Views)

Why We killed Shiite Members In Kano – Police / Nigerians Respond To Buhari's 1-Year In Office On BBC With Placards (pics) / Breaking : Buhari Opts Out Of Apc's 1 Million Man March (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why We Stopped General Buhari’s 1 Million Man March In Kano – Police by HzRF(m): 12:50pm On Mar 17, 2015
KANO – The police authority in Kano, Monday explained why it stopped General Buhari’s 1 million man march by Youth group in Kano.

Briefing Reporters on the development, the police Image Maker in Kano, ASP Magaji Musa Majia said that the Sani Abacha stadium venue proposed by the group for the rally was already allocated for National league encounter between Kano Pillars and Bayelsa United.

ASP Magaji Musa Majia stated that the allocation of the said venue was done by the supervising authority on first come first served, pointing out that 3 distinct groups had applied for the venue on same day.

The police local spokesman said ” NFF, Muslims Group whose Quran recitation was scheduled for Saturday at the stadium were among the group that applied for usage of the facility, and as far as I know NFF got the nod on the basis of first come first served. ”

Majia revealed that the right of usage was granted to General Buhari Youth group a day after, pointing out that the decision that prevented the group from streets procession was based on security concerns in the city.

The police spokesman said that similar streets procession proposed earlier by President Jonathan’s Special Adviser on Agriculture, Dr Baraka Sani was denied permission, stressing that “Kano is not like other cities and we have the responsibility to safeguard it’s security”.

He dismissed as blackmail insinuations that police action was politically motivated, adding “in a free world people are free to hold an opinion”.

ASP Magaji Musa Majia expressed the readiness of the police to work with critical stakeholders to ensure peace and stability in the commercial city, pointing out that they would not be distracted by those who holds contra opinions.

He therefore called on politicians to conduct their activities within the confines of the law and refrain action or inaction that would compromise Kano security.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/why-we-stopped-general-buharis-1-million-man-march-in-kano-police/
Re: Why We Stopped General Buhari’s 1 Million Man March In Kano – Police by SeverusSnape(m): 12:53pm On Mar 17, 2015
Good!... Nice one, Some people were already blaming it on Jonathan.
#APCJOKERS

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Stopped General Buhari’s 1 Million Man March In Kano – Police by ozoigbondu: 12:55pm On Mar 17, 2015
The police did their duty of safeguarding lives and maintaing peace of the society.The stadium was already booked.GEJ campaign team was also prevented from organising a street march for security reasons.We don't want more Gideon Alaukta suitation in kano by some brainless almajiri because of some infidiels marching for another infidiel

Meanwhile GEJ till 2019

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Stopped General Buhari’s 1 Million Man March In Kano – Police by viczing(m): 12:56pm On Mar 17, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Good!... Nice one, Some people were already blaming it on Jonathan.
#APCJOKERS

I prefer ignoring them

9 Likes

Re: Why We Stopped General Buhari’s 1 Million Man March In Kano – Police by Tallesty1(m): 12:59pm On Mar 17, 2015
viczing:

I prefer ignoring them
Same here

5 Likes

Re: Why We Stopped General Buhari’s 1 Million Man March In Kano – Police by egift(m): 1:01pm On Mar 17, 2015
The Corruption in Aso Rock have 11days to be voted out and till May 29th to vacate. It is unstoppale. Sai Buhari.

21 Likes

Re: Why We Stopped General Buhari’s 1 Million Man March In Kano – Police by oduastates: 1:08pm On Mar 17, 2015
The dumb reason given can only come from the usual place. The useless party.

10 Likes

Re: Why We Stopped General Buhari’s 1 Million Man March In Kano – Police by paBuhari(m): 1:15pm On Mar 17, 2015
egift:
The Corruption in Aso Rock have 11days to be voted out and till May 29th to vacate. It is unstoppale. Sai Buhari.
My son, Pls don't vote me. Am going back to my village in daura.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Stopped General Buhari’s 1 Million Man March In Kano – Police by HzRF(m): 1:21pm On Mar 17, 2015
oduastates:
The dumb reason given can only come from the usual place. The useless party.
Ur has joined Lagos doctor on an indefinite strike

2 Likes

Re: Why We Stopped General Buhari’s 1 Million Man March In Kano – Police by IVORY2009(m): 1:33pm On Mar 17, 2015
paBuhari:

My son, Pls don't vote me. Am going back to my village in daura.

Stop this your impersonation or I stop you, I hv warned you!

4 Likes

Re: Why We Stopped General Buhari’s 1 Million Man March In Kano – Police by paBuhari(m): 1:34pm On Mar 17, 2015
IVORY2009:

Stop this your impersonation or I stop you, I hv warned you!
My son how work? I hope you are voting for Jonathan?

4 Likes

Re: Why We Stopped General Buhari’s 1 Million Man March In Kano – Police by IVORY2009(m): 1:39pm On Mar 17, 2015
paBuhari:

My son how work? I hope you are voting for Jonathan?

baba how are you? Work is fine, just that oga Jona Jona has refused to pay us or salary, despite our effort in d north east, may be, stop impersonation.

1 Like

Re: Why We Stopped General Buhari’s 1 Million Man March In Kano – Police by Nobody: 1:47pm On Mar 17, 2015
Let them stop the march.

Will they stop people from voting the people's General? Heck No!

No amount of intimidation will stop millions of people of progressive minds from voting for Gen.Buhari.

Meanwhile, we have decided.
Sai! Buhari!
#GMB2015

9 Likes

Re: Why We Stopped General Buhari’s 1 Million Man March In Kano – Police by mrborntodoit: 1:58pm On Mar 17, 2015
Qwerty
Re: Why We Stopped General Buhari’s 1 Million Man March In Kano – Police by jamace(m): 2:01pm On Mar 17, 2015
Buhari is not the answer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1. I have never seen any school built in his name.
2. I have never seen any borehole constructed by him.
3. There is no record of any scholarship awarded by him or for him nor through him.
4. I have never seen him use his popularity to canvass for any charitable work nor any humanitarian effort, not even at the height of the polio scourge where other purposeful and prominent leaders lead the campaign for immunization.
5. No single text book has been donated to any school either by him, for him or through him. Asides from doing nothing for others, he has not even improved himself since his exit from office.
6. No book written, no memoirs, no lectures, nothing!
6. The only thing of note he can point to are his numerous interviews on the BBC Hausa station.
7. He never championed for a university in his state nor has he ever been involved in any kind of development programme to better the lives of the Almajiris in Daura.
8. His entire existence has not lead to any meaningful development in Daura, yet they say he can change Nigeria. Doesn't charity begin at home anymore?
9. No wonder he was referred to as being ''perpetually unelectable''.
10. He is not a patron to any organization, group or association.
11. No professional body in Nigeria has ever invited him for their lecture, convention or gala night.
12. The only time any known form, body or human assemblage ever chose him to do anything for them was when the Boko Haram terrorist sect nominated him as their spokesperson in the proposed talks with the Fed Govt. Imagine that!
13. He recently joined twitter because of elections. At 72 what does he have to offer?

Everyone would like change and positive change is always good but Gen Buhari isn't the answer!
Nigerians, be wise. Vote GEJ.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Stopped General Buhari’s 1 Million Man March In Kano – Police by Dannyset(m): 2:06pm On Mar 17, 2015
Keep stopping every March as u want, but pls the election is unstoppable.
CHANGE is unstoppable.
Buhari is unstoppable.
Osinbajo is unstoppable.
APC is unchangeable!
And we the People of Nigeria Have Decided.

6 Likes

Re: Why We Stopped General Buhari’s 1 Million Man March In Kano – Police by hazyfm: 2:45pm On Mar 17, 2015
i see
Re: Why We Stopped General Buhari’s 1 Million Man March In Kano – Police by Kelklein(m): 2:45pm On Mar 17, 2015
lame

1 Like

Re: Why We Stopped General Buhari’s 1 Million Man March In Kano – Police by fpeter(f): 2:46pm On Mar 17, 2015
no news
Re: Why We Stopped General Buhari’s 1 Million Man March In Kano – Police by Nobody: 2:46pm On Mar 17, 2015
Gej till 2019
no Gej no Nigeria
if APC and northerners rig this election
there will be total blown out war,
mark my word if it didn't happen know I'm not called
we would open d gate of hell
Re: Why We Stopped General Buhari’s 1 Million Man March In Kano – Police by MichaelSokoto(m): 2:47pm On Mar 17, 2015
Ok, PDP let's move on... cool

2 Likes

Re: Why We Stopped General Buhari’s 1 Million Man March In Kano – Police by Youngzedd(m): 2:47pm On Mar 17, 2015
Okay now

Re: Why We Stopped General Buhari’s 1 Million Man March In Kano – Police by chelseabmw(m): 2:47pm On Mar 17, 2015
Gej till 2019

3 Likes

Re: Why We Stopped General Buhari’s 1 Million Man March In Kano – Police by mrrock: 2:47pm On Mar 17, 2015
Better to stop terrorists gathering to plot evil than risking it in the name of election campaign.
Re: Why We Stopped General Buhari’s 1 Million Man March In Kano – Police by eljidy(m): 2:50pm On Mar 17, 2015
k
Re: Why We Stopped General Buhari’s 1 Million Man March In Kano – Police by coogar: 2:51pm On Mar 17, 2015
GEJ is abusing the power of incumbency.

1 Like

Re: Why We Stopped General Buhari’s 1 Million Man March In Kano – Police by gen2briz(m): 2:51pm On Mar 17, 2015
We all know is for security reasons as why you postpone the election.

(1) (2) (Reply)

N601m Traced To Oyo-Ita, Forfeited To FG / Insecurity: Nigeria’s Security Chiefs Appear Before Senate / Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.