Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,230 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:11 AM

Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? (32968 Views)

Difference Between Marriage And Wedding "A Necessary Necessity" / Nigerian Housemaid Wahala!!! / Pictures Of Nairalander Traditional Marriage And Wedding. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by boxer022(m): 7:36pm On Mar 18, 2015
SmartFaces:
Thanks people, your comments are encouraging. The court marriage has been done. The big deal for him is that he holds a position in his church. They are threatening to suspend him if he goes against their rules.
One alternative is to leave the church and their rules then join another church but he said his hearts and conscience won't let him.
Listen to me and listen good, what ever position he is occupying in his church should not hinder him from staying with you. I want him to make up his mind and move out of that church and focus on his relationship with God. As far as he has paid your dowry and celebrated traditionally, I don't see any reason why you should not move in with him. In the Bible it was recorded that Christ attended a wedding and turned water into wine. I am sure that wedding is a traditional wedding.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by Bonapart(m): 12:00am On Mar 19, 2015
It doesn't how develop the world is today, always know that sex before marriage remains a sin.

1 Like

Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by 3direct: 12:01am On Mar 19, 2015
SMH

Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by saasala(m): 12:01am On Mar 19, 2015
SmartFaces:
Thanks people, your comments are encouraging. The court marriage has been done. The big deal for him is that he holds a position in his church. They are threatening to suspend him if he goes against their rules.
One alternative is to leave the church and their rules then join another church but he said his hearts and conscience won't let him.

Tell him I said he is as clueless as Jonadamned

1 Like

Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by Bonapart(m): 12:02am On Mar 19, 2015
boxer022:
Listen to me and listen good, what ever position he is occupying in his church should not hinder him from staying with you. I want him to make up his mind and move out of that church and focus on his relationship with God. As far as he has paid your dowry and celebrated traditionally, I don't see any reason why you should not move in with him. In the Bible it was recorded that Christ attended a wedding and turned water into wine. I am sure that wedding is a traditional wedding.
for your mind now you don make sense. Whereas you're far from common reasoning

1 Like

Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by maylisa(f): 12:04am On Mar 19, 2015
Stop wasting time; go to court register your marriage and impregnate her. But before you do this, you have to change where you worship.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by QuiverBox(f): 12:06am On Mar 19, 2015
SmartFaces:
She she had been in this relationship for one year, he proposed, everything followed to their traditional marriage last months. But his church says they can't live together until the white wedding is done. He is not buoyant or ready for a white wedding now but has carried out all rights both legal and traditional as they both agreed. what should they do?
The question now is, at what point is marriage recognized and honoured?
Is it at the point of...
(A) agreement between both spouse?
(B) Introduction (both families meeting and knowing each other)?
(C) Traditional Marriage?
(D) Court Marriage? Or the mighty
(E) White Wedding?

For me i think these churches complicates issues.
please i need sincere judgments and opinion, no insults or name calling.
We are all here to learn.

Kingblingz:
Personally Me I don't intend doing white wedding,make e be say afta my traditional wedding wan YEYE pastor go come dey tell me say ah no fit live 2geda wit my wife till afta church wedding dat day d pastor go tell me weda na church offering I use do my traditional marriage or my money!
prettythicksme:
op no need of church wedding#court and traditional wedding are preferable these days.
Tashaamania:
OP, he is not buoyant enough to carry out church wedding?
Please when did the church start charging people for weddings
ronald4lif:

He should make a decision, quit the church and join another if they suspend him or do the wedding in his church. He should make up his mind already. Move to another provided is not a white garment. wink
daimsy:
hypocrisy is most associated with churches and their leaders.
Some of the churches contributes to the frustration of young men and women who would've settled down with their choice of patner .

Church wedding does not mean he will spend money.

The Church elders did not say he must do church wedding with receptions.

Church wedding simply means - officially ordaining / recognizing your union in church.

He should simply pick a date , invite family and friend and be joined in holy matrimony.

It must not be on Saturday morning oh. It can be anytime approved by the church.

Celebration can come when he has money.

5 Likes

Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by Ejisola(m): 12:06am On Mar 19, 2015
It is nt by 4ce do as litle as u can.

1 Like

Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by gabicon: 12:06am On Mar 19, 2015
You and your wife can go privately to the pastor to bless your marriage, there is no law that says you must have a wedding ceremony in my Church a couple did their marriage on Sunday, they dressed in the normal wedding dresses but the church joined them in 10 minutes and afterwards we continued our Sunday worship service.

8 Likes

Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by freecocoa(f): 12:08am On Mar 19, 2015
It doesn't cost anything to get wedded in a church, except your pastor is making it mandatory to have a party aka reception after the wedding, in which case I say, kick his hungry a$$ and his church to the curb.

3 Likes

Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by lezz(m): 12:09am On Mar 19, 2015
SmartFaces:
She she had been in this relationship for one year, he proposed, everything followed to their traditional marriage last months. But his church says they can't live together until the white wedding is done. He is not buoyant or ready for a white wedding now but has carried out all rights both legal and traditional as they both agreed. what should they do?
Is it at the point of...
(E) White Wedding?

It is interesting to note that in the Bible, no wedding took place in the synagogue or church from Genesis to Revelation!!!

No prophet or apostle or Jesus Christ conducted or officiated a wedding ceremony!!!

All marriages in the bible were traditional in nature involving the parents of the bride and groom.

Africans, especially Nigerians are conquered people and they behave like one.

If any pastor conducts a wedding ceremony without a prior traditional one or without the consent of the parents or guardian of the Bride, he is an usurper and a thief.

6 Likes

Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by arusoncd(m): 12:13am On Mar 19, 2015
let them come to my church -church of Christ, you can only do one of them.

1 Like

Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by hensben(m): 12:19am On Mar 19, 2015
SmartFaces:
traditional marriage is th deal, even Jesus christ attended a traditional marriage, its there in the bible..Nothing concern pastor for inside, he can attend the traditional right and pray foir the couple through there, that's how its suppose to be done.

3 Likes

Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by Jusome: 12:27am On Mar 19, 2015
I am a Jehovahs witness and based on my bible understanding...two type of mariage is fully recongnized and honorable among men....one traditional mariage and the white wedding.infact u are expected to do just one out of the two...u are nt allowed to do the two wedding once u do one just make sure u register it in court and av a mariage certificate it is fully recongnized by God...plus once you paid bride prize and registet ur mariage mariage has exisitd anytn around it is nt compulsory feel free to live with your husband make sure you hav your mariage cert and av don all the traditional rites takia

1 Like

Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by Nobody: 12:28am On Mar 19, 2015
Blackett:
Go to a court and register your marriage.

Fvck the church, fvck the pastor.
dont fVCk d pastor oo

6 Likes

Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by hensben(m): 12:29am On Mar 19, 2015
SmartFaces:
People, please giving him all these advice, i want to know if there are any spiritual implications for him leaving his local church?

one of these mummies in his church was saying something like, "if he leaves, he might start facing some challenges"
i questioned her and said, is it that there are more to that local assembly than the ordinary human can comprehend or is it that there is no God in other assembly?

Make una help me oh!!!
this is what get me angry in today's church, I mean why threatening someone just because he refused church abi na white wedding because I'm aware what nigerians refer to as church wedding is a traditional wedding for western world.

4 Likes

Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by Revolva(m): 12:30am On Mar 19, 2015
grin grin grin na by force to do church wedding infact me na gal i go give belle ooo i swear

1 Like

Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by ebiagtales: 12:31am On Mar 19, 2015
Let d church contribute for dem do marriage nah? Abi na sin to help them?

1 Like

Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by MadCow1: 12:33am On Mar 19, 2015
SmartFaces:
Is it at the point of...
(E) White Wedding?

The church is just trying to be overly important. They pray on the spirituality of their followers to get them to do the white wedding. There are no implications for not doing a white wedding. The bible said "he who finds a wife" not he who weds in church.

Now below is how marriage ranks in importance legally.

Traditional Marriage is the key marriage because that is where consent is sort, traditional rites are observed and all customary requirements fulfilled.

Now after this, you are legally married according to customary laws of the tribe that has jurisdiction over the marriage. Proof of this marriage in court remains eyewitness testimony and photographs.

Second important marriage rite is the court marriage. This marriage is the supreme marriage of the land. The marriage is now governed by federal laws. This is the one where it becomes illegal to marry 2 wives as polygamy is a crime under federal laws. The proof of this marriage is a Federal Marriage License issued by the registry. The requirements for this marriage are two witnesses (not necessary for them to be relatives), a token of marriage (ring, bible, bracelet, whatever) and some light refreshment for the registrars office. SHIKINA.

CHURCH wedding or white wedding is more a matter of marriage blessing than it is a legal requirement. Some churches have obtained the permit to contract weddings on behalf of the Government so some churches would issue you a Federal Marriage License. But most pentecostal churches don't have this permit so all they are doing is just praying for your marriage. If you don't have a Federal Marriage licence and have not done a customary wedding (traditional) but you have done a white wedding in your church, your marriage is not recognised by Law and therefore not recognised by God.

If you have paid for your wife, you have the right to jolly her anyhow you like.

6 Likes

Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:38am On Mar 19, 2015
taiocol:
Traditional Wedding is all that matters, fucck the church and white wedding
seconded!

F uck the hell on the white wedding.
Last Bullet
Since the couples are Christians, they should call a Pastor to bless them after registry

1 Like

Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by Bhella5(m): 12:49am On Mar 19, 2015
I believe the church has ulterior motive for insisting he hold a white wedding, we all are aware of some the sharp practices in churches these days. But then my Bible warns me of a certain time "End Time" Perhaps this is it. OP go and live happily ever after in laughter with ur new bride. Don't let no man put assunder. HML!

1 Like

Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by Optional2(f): 12:49am On Mar 19, 2015
Wedding na wedding as far see pple call una Mr/Mrs na by force to do white wedding wey u neve get money to do am.

1 Like

Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by eldoradoxx: 12:54am On Mar 19, 2015
SmartFaces:
Is it a crime if the church sponsors one of their committed member's wedding who is desirous of conducting a church wedding but is financially handicapped for now ? Churches of these days are hell bound going by how selfish and self centred they are. If a church should ask members for tithes and offering from their small earnings, shouldn't they also take care of these little responsibilities without embarrassing their members.

3 Likes

Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by ecel: 12:55am On Mar 19, 2015
shopping in london made easy. visit shop2me uk limited
Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by Wefiak1414(m): 1:00am On Mar 19, 2015
nna men eh na women they drag men go this wedding of a stuff self o boy men do suffer from top to down.
Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by Mekzmoney(m): 1:02am On Mar 19, 2015
Of course, he has every ryt to straff u after d trad.. Y should u deny him of s***x after d trad marriage wen u didn't deny him b4 d trad? Don't tell me dat u don't giv it 2him wen ur dating. So wat difrnce does it make?.... If any woman is having sex wit her man wen dia courting, then u cn still hav sex without d chrch wedding or after d bride prize. S***x is s***x... D only difrnce is dat u won't get pregnant b4 d wedding.

sinaj:
I wnt deny my hubby of *** afta d trad. wedding sad

xo daz d church palava
d choch doesnt matter afta d trad. so far evrione recognises me as a marid person.

1 Like

Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by twosquare(m): 1:09am On Mar 19, 2015
SmartFaces:
Is it at the point of...
(E) White Wedding?

there is a reason for calling it white wedding. It is a wedding of the whites not a wedding of purity. The actual meaning. Traditional wedding is the real wedding. A pastor can come to the trad wedding and bless the union, that's all. Church wedding was introduced by the whites along side the new religion to the natives. So,it does not make any difference if done in court, church or trad setting. So far it is a union between a man and a woman. Maybe Enoch went to one church before he married his wife. Funny.

5 Likes

Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by ecel: 1:13am On Mar 19, 2015
Do you buy your favourites in London? . Shop with confidence. Shopping in london made easy. visit shop2me uk limited
Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by Ndipe(m): 1:14am On Mar 19, 2015
Trado marriage.

1 Like

Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by timunstopable: 1:21am On Mar 19, 2015
SmartFaces:
Is it at the point of...

Why dont u say it is you

Anyway simple He should ask the pastor for a private blessing

Pastors do it. Some pple want low key.So they ask the pastor to join them in private..with just one or two witnesses they read their marriage rites.they are married

Pastor prays for them

No where in the bible it says it is a must for a big wedding

(E) White Wedding?

1 Like

Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by timunstopable: 1:23am On Mar 19, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Woman Quits Marriage, Marries Daughter’s Boyfriend In Kano / Day-old Baby Found Inside Uncompleted Building In Ondo (pictured) / South African Man With 4 Wives Who Wants Other Men To Be Polygamous (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.