Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,202 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? (33027 Views)

Difference Between Marriage And Wedding "A Necessary Necessity" / Nigerian Housemaid Wahala!!! / Pictures Of Nairalander Traditional Marriage And Wedding. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by timunstopable: 1:27am On Mar 19, 2015
Pls simple

churches arrange private wedding

Some call it Pastor's Blessing

The Pastor joins couple in the presence of two or more witnesses reads them the marriage rites

Bless them they are married

He should ask for such arrangement simple

2 Likes

Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by Ikenna17(m): 1:28am On Mar 19, 2015
I feel this all boils down to our African culture of doing things big, a priest(as far as I know) can wed you and wife in the comfort of your house and you don't need to invite lots of people so I don't really see his problem. But to correct some opinions here, Church weddings age more important than any other type of wedding cause the laws of your village/country will not take you to heaven.

2 Likes

Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by nkkystel(f): 1:31am On Mar 19, 2015
Kai! their wahala much no be small, esp REDEEM!
Well, dunno abt other zones, areas and provinces.[color=#000099][/color]

1 Like

Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by efonat(m): 1:36am On Mar 19, 2015
Every marriage need Gods presence.
prettythicksme:
op no need of church wedding#court and traditional wedding are preferable these days.

2 Likes

Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by Raysly(m): 1:37am On Mar 19, 2015
Na wa o! For this our churches Pls is their anywhere such thing is written in the bible? I'm thinking they just want to extort the young couples.....they should go and start another church jare. I rep traditional marriage

1 Like

Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by ElFenomeno1: 1:46am On Mar 19, 2015
Kingblingz:
Personally Me I don't intend doing white wedding,make e be say afta my traditional wedding wan YEYE pastor go come dey tell me say ah no fit live 2geda wit my wife till afta church wedding dat day d pastor go tell me weda na church offering I use do my traditional marriage or my money!

grin

1 Like

Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by eROCK247(m): 2:07am On Mar 19, 2015
SmartFaces:
i know he loves his wife but what i don't know is if he loves his church more than his wife.
Should the wife stay put until they do the church wedding or quit the marriage?
If he decides to stick to d church, it won't b because he loves his church more than his wife. he's essentially a xtian whose loyalties lie with that church n that singular reason is enof to hold him back

1 Like

Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by Meristem: 2:17am On Mar 19, 2015

1 Like

Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by Meristem: 2:19am On Mar 19, 2015
efonat:
Every marriage need Gods presence.

Yeah dude, and God is found everywhere.

2 Likes

Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by Legit: 2:24am On Mar 19, 2015
The church want to chop moni. If u no marry 4 church, how the church go make moni, do nt u know say church is a business enterprise. Do put sand for the church gari o. Ole. thief, thief church

1 Like

Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by Nobody: 3:27am On Mar 19, 2015
It is important if you call yourself a Christian. If you didn't believe in God then i wont say further but since you are God's property, you need to identify with him by doing the Church wedding.
SmartFaces:
She she had been in this relationship for one year, he proposed, everything followed to their traditional marriage last months. But his church says they can't live together until the white wedding is done. He is not buoyant or ready for a white wedding now but has carried out all rights both legal and traditional as they both agreed. what should they do?
The question now is, at what point is marriage recognized and honoured?
Is it at the point of...
(A) agreement between both spouse?
(B) Introduction (both families meeting and knowing each other)?
(C) Traditional Marriage?
(D) Court Marriage? Or the mighty
(E) White Wedding?

For me i think these churches complicates issues.
please i need sincere judgments and opinion, no insults or name calling.
We are all here to learn.

1 Like

Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by Nobody: 3:28am On Mar 19, 2015
Young man shout up if you don't have what to say...
Legit:
The church want to chop moni. If u no marry 4 church, how the church go make moni, do nt u know say church is a business enterprise. Do put sand for the church gari o. Ole. thief, thief church
Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by Nobody: 3:32am On Mar 19, 2015
You only hate God's word and not the Church or the pastor...see them
Blackett:
Go to a court and register your marriage.

Fvck the church, fvck the pastor.
Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by ccaramel(f): 3:40am On Mar 19, 2015
Team city hall wedding grin money for elaborate wedding spent on a nice house and dream honeymoon grin glad I found someone who doesn't give a hoot about weddings like me, the success of the marriage is what matters! A wedding I attended last year with horse and carriage, glitzy reception, over the top everything is over already. Smh.

1 Like

Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by AreaFada2: 3:53am On Mar 19, 2015
GboyegaD:
Dowry is paid at the traditional and the families recognizes they are married. If the pastor doesn't, then it is his cross. I would suggest they go to the registry as well to make it official.
Gbam!

I think it's about time we accorded our traditions some official status.

The customary courts should be able to issue marriage documents based on witnesses from both families. They can include an extra layer of evidence by requesting a confirmation from the local Baale, Odionwere, Chief, Oba, King, Sarkin or such to affirm that the marriage took place according to prevailing local custom. Pictures of the marriage would be extra evidence.

Such marriage document should be equal in weight to registry marriage. And information therein should be passed on to the "General Registry" in the State/LGA/City.

2 Likes

Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by AreaFada2: 3:56am On Mar 19, 2015
Ikenna17:
I feel this all boils down to our African culture of doing things big, a priest(as far as I know) can wed you and wife in the comfort of your house and you don't need to invite lots of people so I don't really see his problem. But to correct some opinions here, Church weddings age more important than any other type of wedding cause the laws of your village/country will not take you to heaven.

Have you been to heaven before?

So all those ancestors that did things their way are now in hell, bah?

Chai, oyinbo brainwashed black man thoroughly. cheesy

Wake up & smell the coffee!

1 Like

Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by kobikwelu(m): 4:05am On Mar 19, 2015
In civic society....in this order

---Court wedding

---Traditional wedding

1 Like

Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by AreaFada2: 4:07am On Mar 19, 2015
Legit:

Apart from money, it's also about power. Everyone is consolidating his power and relevance.

But the problem is that such meddling & arrogation of power can cause the opposite effect.

The church was once VERY powerful in the West. Some cities were even ruled by the church (see papal states) and prince-bishoprics (like Bamberg, Wuerzburg, Munster and so on in Germany).

A generation or two from now, with increasing affluence, enlightment & individualism/desire to control one's own life, people may start to shun meddling by churches & pastors.

It seemed impossible in Europe but it happened. So, arrogating too much power could be the easiest way to lose it.
Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by Bebetter: 4:28am On Mar 19, 2015
[size=14pt]In order to please the church and move ahead, he should do the church wedding on a MONDAY morning by 10am with few family and friends, as long as him and his wife are in on the plan, nothing else matters... that way he won't worry about an elaborate reception... and nobody go open mouth say he no do church wedding![/size]

1 Like

Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by Nobody: 4:32am On Mar 19, 2015
Ikenna17:
But to correct some opinions here, Church weddings age more important than any other type of wedding cause the laws of your village/country will not take you to heaven.
to correct u sir, traditional weddings, where gifts are exchanged by both families, is the only recognised kind of marriage in the bible.The white wedding is the white man's culture. We obviously need to seek God's face when getting married but not necesarily thru the white wedding.

1 Like

Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by linearity: 4:33am On Mar 19, 2015
SmartFaces:
Thanks people, your comments are encouraging. The court marriage has been done. The big deal for him is that he holds a position in his church. They are threatening to suspend him if he goes against their rules.
One alternative is to leave the church and their rules then join another church but he said his hearts and conscience won't let him.

They do not have to do a big wedding...meet with the pasto and explain situation, the pastor fix one Saturday after meeting in the, call both of them plus some few church people and pray and join together, e don finish bi that.

1 Like

Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by Nobody: 4:42am On Mar 19, 2015
pastorKosiso:
It is important if you call yourself a Christian. If you didn't believe in God then i wont say further but since you are God's property, you need to identify with him by doing the Church wedding.
identify with God or with society? Please let us not mix things here sir. A white wedding.is politically correct and embraced by society, God's blessing is the ultimate. Asking a pastor to bless a union doesnt necesarily require having to do a white wedding.

2 Likes

Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by patostation(m): 4:43am On Mar 19, 2015
GboyegaD:
Dowry is paid at the traditional and the families recognizes they are married. If the pastor doesn't, then it is his cross. I would suggest they go to the registry as well to make it official.

Very true. Anything outside traditional marriage and legal registration (court marriage) is just "entertainment and show business".

1 Like

Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by Uruanguy(m): 4:59am On Mar 19, 2015
If i'm the wife i would have been so heavily pregnant for him by now so that he continues being more confused! I wonder what contribution they will make than just empty threat. I think the barbaric church is not the only alternative.

2 Likes

Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by patostation(m): 5:14am On Mar 19, 2015
pastorKosiso:

PastorKosi kindly prove your point from the Bible if you are indeed a pastor. You are vehement in standing for church wedding because that is where you "chop" from and you don't want anyone to put "sand-sand" for your garri. At John chapter two a 'marriage feast was mentioned (the one Jesus attended), not a church wedding. Even the first marriage conducted by God himself was not a wedding (Gen 2:18-24). So where did pastor Kosi and his fellow pastors get the white wedding from?

1 Like

Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by Arysexy(m): 5:29am On Mar 19, 2015
PreshyG:
D tin is, he mustn't do an elaborate wedding, like me; i will even prefer a private church wedding. Just d priest,d two parents, sponsor and few witnesse. Cos i would not want to stay away from communion because of white wedding. Afta going through intro. And trad.marriage.

U must be a wife material, not like ladies of nowadays that push guys into fraud just to b able to do wedding.

I hereby e-propose to u. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by cococandy(f): 5:53am On Mar 19, 2015
He doesn't need money to do church wedding.
That's not an excuse jare.
Let them just go along with the simple church method of marriage and begin to raise their family.

2 Likes

Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by vega84(m): 6:01am On Mar 19, 2015
The problem is that we Africans too de mugu, we fail to understand that white wedding is the traditional wedding of the white men. Yet we go ahead to do it after we must hav done our own african traditional wedding. Therefore creating more holes in our pocket and puting ourselfs under more pressure. I tire ooooo. Any way my advice to op is that they move in together since they hav done there traditional wedding rite, if their church want them to wed,they should sponsor it fr them! #vegatalks#

2 Likes

Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by Nobody: 6:08am On Mar 19, 2015
PLEASE WHAT type of wedding did our LORD JESUS attend....?
1)WHITE WEDDING...
2)TRADITIONAL WEDDING...
3)COURT WEDDING...?
4)CHURCH WEDDING...?

PLEASE, what TYPE of WINE got exhausted there..?
1)CHIVITA..
2)PALM WINE
3)ORIJIN
4)GRAPE WINE...
Also remember that the BIBLE said the NEW wine JESUS made was SWEETER than the OLD WINE...

PLEASE,, I need ANSWERS

2 Likes

Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by roughneck: 6:21am On Mar 19, 2015
CounsellorWise:

He might need to seriously mull over the option of leaving his local assembly sooner than later. It's spiritually and mentally unhelpful when you keep worshipping at a local assembly where you are in a disturbing strife with the church authority.
Let him move elsewhere if they won't accept that he is married. People suffer severe consequences for tussling with local assembly leadership. If he must depart for good in peace, then he must do it now. Shalom!
dont mind him, as if he wont ditch the church if he gets a very lucrative job offering in a distant location...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

One Year On : Remembering The Footprints Of A Nairalander - Freeman David / Confused Parents Paint Triplets’ Toenails To Tell Them Apart / Lady Who Secretly Welcomed Baby With Ex Dumps Husband After Sponsoring Her UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.