Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,702 members, 7,809,666 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:45 PM

Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? (32965 Views)

Difference Between Marriage And Wedding "A Necessary Necessity" / Nigerian Housemaid Wahala!!! / Pictures Of Nairalander Traditional Marriage And Wedding. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by ladyabadi(f): 12:49pm On Mar 19, 2015
When the bride price is paid the marriage is seal then when the couples go further to perform the court marriage it becomes Signed,Sealed and Delivered. Note that no Nigerian court will issue a marriage certificate without an evidence which comes in form of a sworn affidavite from the family of the lady. What churches do now is elaborate waste of resources. The law does not recognize the so called church wedding.

1 Like

Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by davic00: 12:54pm On Mar 19, 2015
My advise for the couple is that, the right thing must be done, and in this case that has been done,the most important is the Traditional marriage where both Parents has consented, with the payment and acceptance of dowry, then legalize the marriage, Church wedding is also very important and should be done according to your pocket, borrowing to do church wedding is SIN, rather you should tell your Pastor that ALL what you both wanted is Church blessing or Pastoral wedding for that does not involve any expenses or just a stipend to buy drinks for attendees.

God Bless us All.

1 Like

Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by SmartFaces(f): 12:54pm On Mar 19, 2015
pastorKosiso:
It is important if you call yourself a Christian. If you didn't believe in God then i wont say further but since you are God's property, you need to identify with him by doing the Church wedding.

My dear, you are right oh, but my question is, is it only with the white wedding that the presence of God will come into my home?

What if i don't go to church but pray to God from my room, won't He answer me because am not calling on Him from the walls of a church?

The pastors we rely on for God's blessings, how good are they? are they perfect?

the question goes on and on.

Please quote to reply.

your day is blessed and favour will go ahead of you. amen
Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by oloriadejoke(f): 12:55pm On Mar 19, 2015
Church wedding is a big palava they will give u lots of rules and regulation like no fixing of nails,less makeup or u don't makeup at all,you must do pregnancy test and even charge u more...if I were you so far the bride price has been paid,and the engagement ceremony has been done also I can only go to the registry shikena

2 Likes

Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by femisek(m): 12:59pm On Mar 19, 2015
I support the church because for you to bring your wife to the altar is your choice God has honored your marriage be it traditional or court and u can live as husband n wife but if YOU wish to be joined in the church then the church would not want you to have defiled the bed before coming to the altar.that's why they kick against it.if you are not financially capable go home n enjoy ur wife.church marriage is not the ultimate. just go quietly with your wife for pastoral blessing in his church office.

1 Like

Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by irokop(m): 1:00pm On Mar 19, 2015
rose4flower:
Let me quote u reception or no reception u will still spend money my bro did his wedding last month @ one Church in ajangbadi can u believe dey said if dey don't pay d sum of 30,000 thousand dey won't join d couple & d wife is an active member of d church we av 2 start running helter skelter 2 get d money we were able 2 raise 20k dey still refuse d money until one of my aunt drop 10k. after dat dey cal d bride's mum & told her minister does nt eat rice bt semo or pounded yam d bride's mum av 2 leave d Church & run home 2 get pounded yam 4 dem dey even said dey don't want turkey except cow meat. when it was time 4 reception d chair we rented was nt enough d Church could nt give us dere chair dey said its nt allowed d girl is d youth leader her sister is a choir in d church her mum is among d gud woman of d chuch

I smell add ups or mix up in your Tory but if 50% of this your story is true then tell your bro to run away from that shursh cos that's not church In fact that's not house of God.

1 Like

Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by Bonapart(m): 1:07pm On Mar 19, 2015
SmartFaces:

My dear, you are right oh, but my question is, is it only with the white wedding that the presence of God will come into my home?

What if i don't go to church but pray to God from my room, won't He answer me because am not calling on Him from the walls of a church?

The pastors we rely on for God's blessings, how good are they? are they perfect?

Please quote to reply.

my dear there are hidden things which we can't unlock on our own that's why God anointing is on the men of God to do it alone. That's why God chosen prophet, Apostles, pastors, evangelists,

1 Like

Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by kikelomojessy(f): 1:17pm On Mar 19, 2015
U hav spoken well. But wen it cums to the issue of child bearing, its in the hands of God, cos I hav a friend, (she was my oga in the office) she was a virgin wen she got married but she conceived aftter 7yrs, she said she was asking herself is being a virgin was a bad tin, why cnt she bear a child, she cry to God, even while the husband was comforting her she was still restless. And after the first child she still has no other baby.

Dos that hav so many children do u know how many abortion dey did? Will u say God should punish us for every mistake we make even after repentance?
My own stand here is, everyone one of us should endeavour to take right decision on pressing matters concerning us as individual not becos u dnt want people to talk. Leave third party out of ur life.

Tanks

irokop:

This church post thing is absolute trash, let me tell dud there was a relation of my who happened to be a catholic Charismatic Movement member, during the time he was ripe and ready to marry he consulted one of their charismatic member who happened to hold one post at the sect, as their friendship or courtship was progressing towards marriage the said lady that is his wife to be conceived a baby.

To his surprise the lady said she Is going to get rid of it cos of her post at church because if their charismatic ppl know that they will not give her her rights and they may not attend the wedding cos of this stupid reason this lady aborted the baby.

Although my relative said he did advice her to live the pregnancy but the lady refused accept his idea, after all the deadly blood shade my ignorant and stupid relative went ahead and married this murderer since then no issue as in another baby refused to come.

Is this life? Is this faith? All the plastics and cups and rubber they gave her since 30 years ago is still laying about In their house unused, what a blunder what a mistake what an ignorant, guys you've got to be wiser, cheers every body.

1 Like

Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by SmartFaces(f): 1:26pm On Mar 19, 2015
Arysexy:

U must be a wife material, not like ladies of nowadays that push guys into fraud just to b able to do wedding.

I hereby e-propose to u. cheesy

Laughing Out Loud!!! you are not serious walahi. so so funny, where on earth did you get that from? Nice one. So should i say yes or say let me pray about your proposal? Thanks.
Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by Arysexy(m): 1:33pm On Mar 19, 2015
SmartFaces:

Laughing Out Loud!!! you are not serious walahi. so so funny, where on earth did you get that from? Nice one. So should i say yes or say let me pray about your proposal? Thanks.

Wow!

God will hear ur prayers Lol.

U are welcome

1 Like

Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by SmartFaces(f): 1:37pm On Mar 19, 2015
kayciano:
PLEASE WHAT type of wedding did our LORD JESUS attend....?
1)WHITE WEDDING...
2)TRADITIONAL WEDDING...
3)COURT WEDDING...?
4)CHURCH WEDDING...?

PLEASE, what TYPE of WINE got exhausted there..?
1)CHIVITA..
2)PALM WINE
3)ORIJIN
4)GRAPE WINE...
Also remember that the BIBLE said the NEW wine JESUS made was SWEETER than the OLD WINE...

PLEASE,, I need ANSWERS

Kaiiii!!!!! some people can be excitingly funny! My dear you funny.
For the wedding, i think it's White wedding and for the wine, i think it's Orijin....Somebody say amen!!!
Na joke i dey oh!
Make Bible scholars no beat me for nairaland.
Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by SmartFaces(f): 1:39pm On Mar 19, 2015
roughneck:

dont mind him, as if he wont ditch the church if he gets a very lucrative job offering in a distant location...

Abi oh! true talk. Infact i will leave him here and go take the job offer. You don't need tell a blind man that it's raining.
Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by SmartFaces(f): 1:51pm On Mar 19, 2015
Lizabeth25:
Isokay......just passing and I saw the post. Church wahala.!

Me not married yet. So, I gat narring to contribute. Will just learn and move on!

cheesy[size=8pt][/size] grin
My dear no stress yourself jare, when its time things will fall into shape. enjoy!!!
Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by SmartFaces(f): 1:53pm On Mar 19, 2015
olareed:
and fvck your wife...she's urs already.
I like that jorr! f**k your wife, she is yours. you be correct guy.
Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by SmartFaces(f): 1:58pm On Mar 19, 2015
kado:

simple,fix your church wedding on a monday morning,8am to be precise. That solves the expensive problem you would have to deal with
Yes boss!! I hail you jare, you correct die.
Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by SmartFaces(f): 2:00pm On Mar 19, 2015
kikelomojessy:
That one thing about dis churches, they will give u conditions and they won't lift a finger to help you. Oya tell dem to give u money for the church wedding nah.

He is saying cos of his post in church he can't leave, his conscience wud not let him. (u ar scared of ur pastor but if only its same way u fear and honour God)

Must u end ur life in that church? Oga please dnt use dis indecision and keep ma pwety sister waiting to be in her husband house oh.

Yessss sis! i believe you.
Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by SmartFaces(f): 2:12pm On Mar 19, 2015
Bonapart:
you too dear.... my apologies.
Meant no insult. You're so calm and eazy going. So people like you still dey for nairaland shocked
Thank you very plenty for the compliment.
Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by SmartFaces(f): 2:21pm On Mar 19, 2015
davic00:
My advise for the couple is that, the right thing must be done, and in this case that has been done,the most important is the Traditional marriage where both Parents has consented, with the payment and acceptance of dowry, then legalize the marriage, Church wedding is also very important and should be done according to your pocket, borrowing to do church wedding is SIN, rather you should tell your Pastor that ALL what you both wanted is Church blessing or Pastoral wedding for that does not involve any expenses or just a stipend to buy drinks for attendees.

God Bless us All.

And you too broo. God bless us all, god bless nigeria.
Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by Bowaley17(m): 3:54pm On Mar 19, 2015
taiocol:
Traditional Wedding is all that matters, fucck the church and white wedding
lol Bro... What happened to our beloved site(¥arnm£.c0m.ng). It been down for sometime now.

1 Like

Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by Sunshinelady(f): 4:57pm On Mar 19, 2015
mekula:

Madam, God recognizes your marriage once dowry has been paid and cultural rites fulfilled. Otherwise, all of us in Nigeria would be bastards since our fore fathers did not have any white wedding. This is purely the white man's tradition we are copying with all its practices...kissing the bride, throwing of flowers, wedding ring, e.t.c.
. Ur fore fathers didn't know Christ, u do. Ur forefathers killed twins out of ignorance, do u want to do same just cos dey did? Cos dey mite be forgiven since dey didn't know wat dey were doing was wrong, but I cnt say d same 4u. All d same God knows best he is d judge of man

1 Like

Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Mar 19, 2015
In the mouth of two witnesses
When two or three are gathered, he is there also
It is not as thou God won't accept you or your husband's prayer but then the reason why people do it in Church is to have witnesses. And mind you, it must not really be a Church
If you can rent a hall, invite your pastor and also invite people, that is marriage also...just do the needful and don't doubt or argue if you must go to Church before your marriage is valid...
SmartFaces:

Please quote to reply.

1 Like

Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Mar 19, 2015
I don't have to reply you. May God forgive you.
patostation:

PastorKosi kindly prove your point from the Bible if you are indeed a pastor. You are vehement in standing for church wedding because that is where you "chop" from and you don't want anyone to put "sand-sand" for your garri. At John chapter two a 'marriage feast was mentioned (the one Jesus attended), not a church wedding. Even the first marriage conducted by God himself was not a wedding (Gen 2:18-24). So where did pastor Kosi and his fellow pastors get the white wedding from?

1 Like

Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Mar 19, 2015
All the same dear, if your conscience won't let you, please do the Church wedding.. Cohabitation is a sin.
Treasuredlove:
identify with God or with society? Please let us not mix things here sir. A white wedding.is politically correct and embraced by society, God's blessing is the ultimate. Asking a pastor to bless a union doesnt necesarily require having to do a white wedding.

1 Like

Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by taiocol: 8:14pm On Mar 19, 2015
Bowaley17:

lol Bro... What happened to our beloved site(¥arnm£.c0m.ng). It been down for sometime now.
we are working on a better renovation and moving away from smf to our own software and we will roll out yâřñmë App once we are through with the renovation

1 Like

Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by Meristem: 8:43pm On Mar 19, 2015
SmartFaces:

You are right based on the link you shared. Probably, that was from another nairalander but this is my own wahala. am sure it won't be bad to air it out and have lovely people like you help me out. how are you today? enjoy yourself today and don't allow anyone... i mean anyone steal your joy. chao!!

Lovely response! U just got urself a fan. Gracias!

1 Like

Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by lezz(m): 10:52pm On Mar 19, 2015
SmartFaces:

I like that dearie. you are on point.
Thank you. Hope it helped in any way.

1 Like

Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by Bowaley17(m): 9:14am On Mar 20, 2015
taiocol:
we are working on a better renovation and moving away from smf to our own software and we will roll out yâřñmë App once we are through with the renovation
thats a good idea bro... All the best...
Mod gen2rugged

1 Like

Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by SmartFaces(f): 11:49am On Mar 20, 2015
lezz:
Thank you. Hope it helped in any way.

you are well come dear, sure it did. good morning.
Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by SmartFaces(f): 11:53am On Mar 20, 2015
Meristem:

Lovely response! U just got urself a fan. Gracias!

chaiiii!!!!! i really wish this fan can be physical for me to collect, inside this heat mehn! person need to cooll off jorr! thanks though.
Good morning and am sure your day is coming on well.
I dey come make i go find something eat;i dey H.
Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by Nobody: 1:05am On Mar 22, 2015
pastorKosiso:
All the same dear, if your conscience won't let you, please do the Church wedding.. Cohabitation is a sin.
lol...it is not co habitation anymore sir.They are already married

1 Like

Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by SmartFaces(f): 11:02am On Mar 24, 2015
Treasuredlove:
lol...it is not co habitation anymore sir.They are already married

You are right dear, is not cohabiting.They are married, traditionally and legally.

How are you doing and preparing for the election?
Re: Churches And Wedding Wahala. What Is Your Take On This? by Nobody: 11:19am On Mar 24, 2015
SmartFaces:

You are right dear, is not cohabiting.They are married, traditionally and legally.

How are you doing and preparing for the election?
I am fine dear, just stocking my house with lots of food..lol. And u?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Alabaconnect: Cheap Uk Used Fridge/freezer / Woman Quits Marriage, Marries Daughter’s Boyfriend In Kano / Day-old Baby Found Inside Uncompleted Building In Ondo (pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.