Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,101 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) (32200 Views)

Which Is The Best Option To Land A Good Wife? / One Of The Reasons Why Men Cheat On Their Wife By Going After Young Ladies / Money Given To A Wife By Her Husband Is Called What.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by okotv(m): 8:53pm On Mar 19, 2015
the kind of marriages portrayed on Nairaland is false and unreal. God knows that no wife of mine would go through this.
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by bukatyne(f): 8:55pm On Mar 19, 2015
Timbuktou:
That sounds like a solid arrangement. Good for you if it works out. Truth is no arrangement is failure proof and all it takes it is one party to refuse to cooperate and it unravels. However, I chose to get on with it on my own terms. wink

It is working cheesy

And I 100% agree with you that all it takes is one party.

That's why the thought that women 'build' homes is misleading.
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by kaboninc(m): 8:55pm On Mar 19, 2015
pickabeau1:

Women are over-worked?

I tell you oh. Ask that question very well.

If women are over-worked, then they have two choices.

1. Take on the home front and allow the man be solely responsible for the upkeep.

Or

2. Take on the financial responsibility and allow the man to take care of the home.

Or

SHUT UP!!!!

I do not see this unnecessary argument as a woman-only thing, but humans in general. We're never satisfied. Never.

2 Likes

Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by pickabeau1: 8:55pm On Mar 19, 2015
bukatyne:

All women have it Good, all Nigerian men are saints.

Happy?

You are the happy one that just happens to be surrounded by many unhappy naija marriages

1 in 1000... You called it right?

Enjoy
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by cococandy(f): 8:56pm On Mar 19, 2015
okotv:
the kind of marriages portrayed on Nairaland is false and unreal. God knows that no wife of mine would go through this.
amen smiley
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by pickabeau1: 8:56pm On Mar 19, 2015
okotv:

Which kind exactly
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by kaboninc(m): 8:57pm On Mar 19, 2015
bukatyne:

Yea

Why?

I feel so scared seeing these Yoruba movies because the voodoo, is actually real.
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by bukatyne(f): 8:57pm On Mar 19, 2015
cococandy:
You're not serious. angry

Ok I will look elsewhere

Look for someone to intepret my posts na
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by kaboninc(m): 9:00pm On Mar 19, 2015
bukatyne:

That your yoruba, e get as e be oh.

Na Yoruba Nigeria or Yoruba Amelica?
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by kaboninc(m): 9:02pm On Mar 19, 2015
okotv:

Hmmmmm

Not that God knows...

Because since He knows...you know the answer.

Rather God's grace be upon you and your family.
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by bukatyne(f): 9:02pm On Mar 19, 2015
kaboninc:

I feel so scared seeing these Yoruba movies because the voodoo, is actually real.

Yea, it is really

They act What they see most times

Do not like them because most films are stupid. grin

A happily married man will still be shocking prostitutes

A faithful wife will still be sneaking

A genuine Christian would still consult herbalisrs

If a home is happy, watch out, either the wife or husband stillhas a sskeleton in the cupboard. The sweeter the home, the bigger the skeleton

Very rich people with haggard kids

Etc etc angry
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by cococandy(f): 9:02pm On Mar 19, 2015
Not that.

I mean serious learning on the basic stuff and words. Sentence construction etc.
bukatyne:

Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by okotv(m): 9:03pm On Mar 19, 2015
pickabeau1:

Which kind exactly
Marriage of women suffering, men smiling. I can't stand one person doing all the work why I sit and idle away. Its a union and not an boss and employee stuff. I was raised up to do things myself and won't give that up cause of marriage. If a man cannot help his wife in doing chores, he shouldn't bother marrying.

fact: Tradition hinders transformation.

2 Likes

Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by bukatyne(f): 9:03pm On Mar 19, 2015
kaboninc:

That your yoruba, e get as e be oh.

Na Yoruba Nigeria or Yoruba Amelica?

Which line
See as he wants to rain on my parade...rolls eyes
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by bukatyne(f): 9:04pm On Mar 19, 2015
cococandy:
Not that.

I mean serious learning on the basic stuff and words. Sentence construction etc.

OK o

Odaro -Good night grin
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by pickabeau1: 9:05pm On Mar 19, 2015
okotv:
Marriage of women suffering, men smiling. I can't stand one person doing all the work why I sit and idle away. Its a union and not an boss and employee stuff. I was raised up to do things myself and won't give that up cause of marriage. If a man cannot help his wife in doing chores, he shouldn't bother marrying.

fact: Tradition hinders transformation.

On what basis do you think such marriages are a common occurrence

Can you tell us your own personal observation

As you r aware a lot of women here come here and say marriages are whack
Women r just working
Men r just enjoying

Are they speaking from experience or hearsayy
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by okotv(m): 9:06pm On Mar 19, 2015
cococandy:
amen smiley
thank you. Women are really trying with little or no appreciation. They aren't robots abeg

1 Like

Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by cococandy(f): 9:06pm On Mar 19, 2015
bukatyne:

OK o

Odaro -Good night grin
cheesy
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by kaboninc(m): 9:07pm On Mar 19, 2015
bukatyne:

Yea, it is really

They act What they see most times

Do not like them because most films are stupid. grin

A happily married man will still be shocking prostitutes

A faithful wife will still be sneaking

A genuine Christian would still consult herbalisrs

If a home is happy, watch out, either the wife or husband stillhas a sskeleton in the cupboard. The sweeter the home, the bigger the skeleton

Very rich people with haggard kids

Etc etc angry

Lol!

'faithful', 'happily married', 'happy home', 'genuine christian' and the other adjectives are not really in absolute terms.

I believe they are masks and that people want the world to see them that way. So they hide their through identity. It happens.

Aside from the voodoo, sometimes the concept could be cool but the packaging is terrible.

Drifting away from YorubaWood, have you seen The Meeting?
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by bukatyne(f): 9:08pm On Mar 19, 2015
pickabeau1:

You are the happy one that just happens to be surrounded by many unhappy naija marriages

1 in 1000... You called it right?

Enjoy

See you, I did not start the 1 in 1000; Shymex said 1 in 1000 husbands are selfish as regards their wives career growth and I said it is more tongue

My views on marriage as always been seen as unorthodox So I really do not engage people offline.

I rather listen.
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by bukatyne(f): 9:10pm On Mar 19, 2015
kaboninc:

Lol!

'faithful', 'happily married', 'happy home', 'genuine christian' and the other adjectives are not really in absolute terms.

I believe they are masks and that people want the world to see them that way. So they hide their through identity. It happens.
Pi
Aside from the voodoo, sometimes the concept could be cool but the packaging is terrible.

Drifting away from YorubaWood, have you seen The Meeting?

Heard it is very nice

Looking forward to viewing it.

I keep hearing Mr. M from my friends
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by okotv(m): 9:10pm On Mar 19, 2015
kaboninc:

Hmmmmm

Not that God knows...

Because since He knows...you know the answer.

Rather God's grace be upon you and your family.
He can he who says he can.
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by pickabeau1: 9:11pm On Mar 19, 2015
bukatyne:

See you, I did not start the 1 in 1000; Shymex said 1 in 1000 husbands are selfish as regards their wives career growth and I said it is more tongue

My views on marriage as always been seen as unorthodox So I really do not engage people offline.

I rather listen.

OwKay
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by cococandy(f): 9:11pm On Mar 19, 2015
okotv:
thank you. Women are really trying with little or no appreciation. They aren't robots abeg
Ok let me contribute to the topic now cos I've not really said anything concerning the issue.

In all fairness,Some guys are trying.
Really.

The only ones I would comment against are those who mock those type of guys as wussies or effeminate men. That type of talk is wrong and it makes those who would like to do more refrain because they don't want to be seen as weak.

But I hope it won't discourage them from continuing with their awesome help.
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by bukatyne(f): 9:13pm On Mar 19, 2015
okotv:

Hello friend

Thanks

God answers your prayers
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by Nobody: 9:14pm On Mar 19, 2015
kaboninc:

In life, nothing is impossible. Even the married get 'liberated', though it may be difficult.

So we all have a price.

My dear, its very possible.

cheesy

I lobe persistent men (God forbid)

Since you are willing to pay the price- here it is

I want you to rob the Central Bank for my sake

I want seven maidens and seven gents- all mine to lots over

What else

Hmmm

I am still thinking o undecided
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by kaboninc(m): 9:14pm On Mar 19, 2015
bukatyne:

Which line
See as he wants to rain on my parade...rolls eyes

E ma bi nu se...

Mo ba yi sere.

Kpele

So gbo?
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by bukatyne(f): 9:15pm On Mar 19, 2015
kaboninc:

E ma bi nu se...

Mo ba yi sere.

Kpele

So gbo?

Mo gbo, mi o gba tongue
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by kaboninc(m): 9:16pm On Mar 19, 2015
bukatyne:

Heard it is very nice

Looking forward to viewing it.

I keep hearing Mr. M from my friends

You need to.

Gone are the days when Nigerian movies were movies.
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by okotv(m): 9:17pm On Mar 19, 2015
pickabeau1:

On what basis do you think such marriages are a common occurrence

Can you tell us your own personal observation

As you r aware a lot of women here come here and say marriages are whack
Women r just working
Men r just enjoying

Are they speaking from experience or hearsayy
5 in every 50. Personal observation.

Anyone can say anything about marriages but does that count in the real world

My take on marriage is simple: to each his own. Don't teach anyone how to run a home but encouraged fairness. No one wants to suffer in marriage and we know that more women suffer in marriages than guys, they are just acting emotional and speaking up.

1 Like

Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by kaboninc(m): 9:18pm On Mar 19, 2015
Justfollowit:

cheesy

I lobe persistent men (God forbid)

Since you are willing to pay the price- here it is

I want you to rob the Central Bank for my sake

I want seven maidens and seven gents- all mine to lots over

What else

Hmmm

I am still thinking o undecided

I don't understand you ni.

You love persistent men...like me? cheesy
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by pickabeau1: 9:19pm On Mar 19, 2015
okotv:
5 in every 50. Personal observation.

Anyone can say anything about marriages but does that count in the real world

My take on marriage is simple: to each his own. Don't teach anyone how to run a home but encouraged fairness. No one wants to suffer in marriage and we know that more women suffer in marriages than guys, they are just acting emotional and speaking up.

So based on your own personal observations

1 in 10 marriages are those that the man is using the women right?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Woman Chases Kidnapper Riding Motorcycle, Rescues Daughter (PHOTO) / My Child Walks On Top Of Bed But Is Afraid To Walk On The Ground / 6-Year-Old Boy Cries As His Mother Weds (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.