Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) (32217 Views)

Which Is The Best Option To Land A Good Wife? / One Of The Reasons Why Men Cheat On Their Wife By Going After Young Ladies / Money Given To A Wife By Her Husband Is Called What.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by okotv(m): 9:19pm On Mar 19, 2015
bukatyne:

Hello friend

Thanks

God answers your prayers
Hello ma'am.

Amen
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by Nobody: 9:19pm On Mar 19, 2015
kaboninc:

I don't understand you ni.

You love persistent men...like me? cheesy

You missed the God forbid part undecided

For me to overlook it, Get me what I asked for
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by kaboninc(m): 9:20pm On Mar 19, 2015
okotv:
He can he who says he can.

I love your 'persistent'

I pray it doesn't lead to disappointment.
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by okotv(m): 9:20pm On Mar 19, 2015
pickabeau1:

So based on your own personal observations

1 in 10 marriages are bad right?
yes.
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by pickabeau1: 9:22pm On Mar 19, 2015
okotv:
yes.

OK

I'm sure we all know 1 in 10 is a minority

Im wondering where the stereotype of naija men as leeches comes from
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by bukatyne(f): 9:22pm On Mar 19, 2015
kaboninc:

You need to.

Gone are the days when Nigerian movies were movies.

True

They are stepping up seriously
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by okotv(m): 9:22pm On Mar 19, 2015
kaboninc:

I love your 'persistent'

I pray it doesn't lead to disappointment.
God loves me too well to give me a troublesome wife. His word says 'he who finds a wife finds a GOOD thing and obtaineth favour from the LORD'
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by kaboninc(m): 9:22pm On Mar 19, 2015
Justfollowit:

You missed the God forbid part undecided

For me to overlook it, Get me what I asked for

Looooolllzzzz. It was deliberate.

So I 'sud' 'lob' a bank abi?

And why would you want the maidens and most especially the 'gents' to 'lot over'?

What would be left of you after I've 'lobbed' the bank?

I want my treasure fresh and untouched!
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by bukatyne(f): 9:23pm On Mar 19, 2015
okotv:
Hello ma'am.

Amen

cheesy
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by Nobody: 9:23pm On Mar 19, 2015
bukatyne:

That's why the thought that women 'build' homes is misleading.

I don't think it's misleading. The woman's natural habitat is in the realm of nurture. Yes, she can work, but she definitely cannot out-work a man. Testoterone makes for less patience and sentiment. I don't need to tell you how oestrogen works tongue
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by okotv(m): 9:24pm On Mar 19, 2015
pickabeau1:

OK

I'm sure we all know 1 in 10 is a minority

Im wondering where the stereotype of naija men as leeches comes from
You seem not to get the point.

What causes bad marriages
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by kaboninc(m): 9:25pm On Mar 19, 2015
okotv:
God loves me too well to give me a troublesome wife. His word says 'he who finds a wife finds a GOOD thing and obtaineth favour from the LORD'

Then all those who have found a wife irrespective of the status of the home (especially in cases of irreparable damage) have found a GOOD thing too?

Or

Those who've found a troublesome wife, God hates them too?
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by Nobody: 9:26pm On Mar 19, 2015
kaboninc:

Looooolllzzzz. It was deliberate.

So I 'sud' 'lob' a bank abi?

And why would you want the maidens and most especially the 'gents' to 'lot over'?

What would be left of you after I've 'lobbed' the bank?

I want my treasure fresh and untouched!

I would love to live like a Queen

To have everything at my disposal

You do not have the resources

Robbing a bank would take care of that for us

We can go live happily ever after with our servants
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by bukatyne(f): 9:27pm On Mar 19, 2015
Timbuktou:
I don't think it's misleading. The woman's natural habitat is in the realm of nurture. Yes, she can work, but she definitely cannot out-work a man. Testoterone makes for less patience and sentiment. I don't need to tell you how oestrogen works tongue

A woman cannot out-work a man?

Lols

I was not even referring to the home as per chores but as per the relationship between the husband and wife aka marriage
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by kaboninc(m): 9:27pm On Mar 19, 2015
Timbuktou:

Chai!

Your head dey there.
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by pickabeau1: 9:27pm On Mar 19, 2015
okotv:
You seem not to get the point.

What causes bad marriages

What's the point

You came here saying u don't want NL marriages meaning you have an idea of what Nairaland marriages are
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by kaboninc(m): 9:31pm On Mar 19, 2015
Justfollowit:

I would love to live like a Queen

To have everything at my disposal

You do not have the resources

Robbing a bank would take care of that for us

We can go live happily ever after with our servants

I'd love to BE a King, and my wife live LIKE a QUEEN!

But I would not want to have servants because MY WIFE has no match.

We'll live happily ever after, together without any distraction, away from the buzz of the world but with a lullaby from the Nightingale!

That's what I want!

So baby, let's STORM the bank TOGETHER!
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by Nobody: 9:34pm On Mar 19, 2015
kaboninc:

I'd love to BE a King, and my wife live LIKE a QUEEN!

But I would not want to have servants because MY WIFE has no match.

We'll live happily ever after, together without any distraction, away from the buzz of the world but with a lullaby from the Nightingale!

That's what I want!

So baby, let's STORM the bank TOGETHER!

Are you not the man?

Your primary responsibility is to fend for your dependants

We are not equals o

You are the man and I am the wo-man
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by okotv(m): 9:37pm On Mar 19, 2015
kaboninc:

Then all those who have found a wife irrespective of the status of the home (especially in cases of irreparable damage) have found a GOOD thing too?

Or

Those who've found a troublesome wife, God hates them too?
God doesn't give a bad wife. Those is dysfunctional marriages are the cause of there predicament whether as a result of what they didn't do or do before of after wedding.

2 Likes

Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by okotv(m): 9:38pm On Mar 19, 2015
pickabeau1:

What's the point

You came here saying u don't want NL marriages meaning you have an idea of what Nairaland marriages are

okay.
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by Nobody: 9:39pm On Mar 19, 2015
bukatyne:

A woman cannot out-work a man?

Lols

I was not even referring to the home as per chores but as per the relationship between the husband and wife aka marriage
That's generalising and you know it. Stop chaiing up and down angry the best woman isn't as good as the best man. Fact. Women would rather marry up or for other reasons make do with marrying on their level. They loathe going beneath their status and settling. Buki, ye mu mi sere jo.
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by kaboninc(m): 9:46pm On Mar 19, 2015
Justfollowit:

Are you not the man?

Your primary responsibility is to fend for your dependants

We are not equals o

You are the man and I am the wo-man

E remain small eh, I for just choke! cheesy

So now you know we're not equals?

I thought you guys felt we're over-working you?

Then again, what's the primary responsibility of my dependants?
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by kaboninc(m): 9:51pm On Mar 19, 2015
okotv:
God doesn't give a bad wife. Those is dysfunctional marriages are the cause of there predicament whether as a result of what they didn't do or do before of after wedding.

That was why I had told you that you should pray that God should give you grace to choose and should you fail to choose rightly, pray that He should give you grace to live!

God loves ALL of us. For the fact that Remi's marriage is bad is not because God hates him.

Even Tunde who doesn't believe in your God has a better life than Shola who does.
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by EmmySparky(m): 9:54pm On Mar 19, 2015
Yadoctora:
Trying not to generalise. But you'd agree with me that this seems like it in the typical/traditional Nigerian setting.
not from my side...I don't agree to this culture...its modern day slavery
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by okotv(m): 9:54pm On Mar 19, 2015
kaboninc:

That was why I had told you that you should pray that God should give you grace to choose and should you fail to choose rightly, pray that He should give you grace to live!

God loves ALL of us. For the fact that Remi's marriage is bad is not because God hates him.

Even Tunde who doesn't believe in your God has a better life than Shola who does.
thank you.
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by Nobody: 9:56pm On Mar 19, 2015
kaboninc:

E remain small eh, I for just choke! cheesy

So now you know we're not equals?

I thought you guys felt we're over-working you?

Then again, what's the primary responsibility of my dependants?

You overwork us when we also have to work as hard like you do

What are you going to do, my future king
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by kaboninc(m): 10:03pm On Mar 19, 2015
Justfollowit:

You overwork us when we also have to work as hard like you do

What are you going to do, my future king

You working shouldn't be your primary priority, my future Queen. Taking care of ME, and our babies should be.

But, you should also motivate, drive and inspire me.
Is that asking too much?
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by Nobody: 10:04pm On Mar 19, 2015
kaboninc:

You working shouldn't be your primary priority, my future Queen. Taking care of ME, and our babies should be.

But, you should also motivate, drive and inspire me.
Is that asking too much?

I will do that when the money is available
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by kaboninc(m): 10:12pm On Mar 19, 2015
Justfollowit:

I will do that when the money is available

You know, the Central Bank doesn't actually keeps money in its vault.
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by Nobody: 10:14pm On Mar 19, 2015
kaboninc:

You know, the Central Bank doesn't actually keeps money in its vault.

Then search for a bank that does

You are boring me to death

All I want is the money
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by kaboninc(m): 10:21pm On Mar 19, 2015
Justfollowit:

Then search for a bank that does

You are boring me to death

All I want is the money

Maybe you should find someone who'll get you the money. And also maybe die while trying.

I have other interests to pursue.

Imagine !!!
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by Nobody: 10:23pm On Mar 19, 2015
kaboninc:

Maybe you should find someone who'll get you the money. And also maybe die while trying.

I have other interests to pursue.

Imagine !!!

And I thought you were a real man

God!!!

I feel so stupid right now

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Rescued 'Witch Child' Hope Dances Happily In New Video / My Wife Always Tears My Boxers To Rape Me, Man Tells Court / Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.