Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,660 members, 7,840,615 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

Nigeria, Uae Sign $16 Billion Investment Contract - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria, Uae Sign $16 Billion Investment Contract (848 Views)

Nigeria, UAE Sign Agreement On Stolen Funds’ Recovery / Igeria's Minister Of Petroleum Mrs Diezani Alinson Maduekwe Returned $16 Billion / jmaine:: Electricity:: After $16 Billion On Electricity Down The Drain. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria, Uae Sign $16 Billion Investment Contract by donmaselo: 7:39pm On Jan 16, 2009
Nigeria, UAE Sign $16 Billion Investment Contract

Jan. 16 (Bloomberg) -- Nigeria signed a $16 billion investment agreement with the United Arab Emirates to improve infrastructure in the West African nation, ThisDay reported, citing Justice Minister Michael Aondoakaa.
Re: Nigeria, Uae Sign $16 Billion Investment Contract by Kobojunkie: 7:43pm On Jan 16, 2009
@Poster, Source Please!
Re: Nigeria, Uae Sign $16 Billion Investment Contract by mustafar1: 7:52pm On Jan 16, 2009
source nigeriaworld don com
Re: Nigeria, Uae Sign $16 Billion Investment Contract by donmaselo: 8:31pm On Jan 16, 2009
Re: Nigeria, Uae Sign $16 Billion Investment Contract by Beextra(m): 1:45am On Jan 17, 2009
Kobojunkie & co. ltd,we are expecting your constructive criticism on this agreement path.Thanks in anticipation of your usual co-operation.
Re: Nigeria, Uae Sign $16 Billion Investment Contract by Nobody: 2:04am On Jan 17, 2009
Call me what you like but I don't like that Arab emirates investing in Nigeria at all. They are known for threatening to pull out their investments if the country they invested in doesn't obey their policies. I thought the USA should've given us a glimpse of what these so called Arab emirates are like?

Qaddafi is also threatening to pull out his $1trillion worth investment in Africa if AU doesn't agree to his terms. Now the AU is kissing Qaddafi's ass.

Who are these idiots at the top that don't think of a nation's security before allowing just any kind of investors?
Re: Nigeria, Uae Sign $16 Billion Investment Contract by Beextra(m): 2:43am On Jan 17, 2009
Next,
Re: Nigeria, Uae Sign $16 Billion Investment Contract by Gayigaskia(m): 3:38am On Jan 17, 2009
@9jaganja

Well i will tell u to shut f up because u don't know what u talking about .
first: the US is in trouble right now even them can use a hand from the arabs .
Second :tell me where Qaddafi invested a trillion in AU
Third: this people know that Investment equals risk.  just because u don't believe in Nigeria don't  question good people intentions.
If u don;t love country bro u can still leave , all the borders are allways open.
Re: Nigeria, Uae Sign $16 Billion Investment Contract by blackspade(m): 3:40am On Jan 17, 2009
9jaganja:

Call me what you like but I don't like that Arab emirates investing in Nigeria at all. They are known for threatening to pull out their investments if the country they invested in doesn't obey their policies. I thought the USA should've given us a glimpse of what these so called Arab emirates are like?

Qaddafi is also threatening to pull out his $1trillion worth investment in Africa if AU doesn't agree to his terms. Now the AU is kissing Qaddafi's ass.

Who are these idiots at the top that don't think of a nation's security before allowing just any kind of investors?
True talk. Even though many of these Arab investors have the means to build what they propose, it's just more often than not, they're too demanding.

For example, some Kuwaiti investors are investing over one billion dollars into building a port city near Mombassa, Kenua, but in return they want exclusive rights to mining zones near the port, rights to manage the port, etc. . .

This project is still in talks. I'm not mentioning this to soil the names of Arab investors, it's just that many of them demand much more than others.

So by reading this news, the first thing that comes to my mind is "what's in it for them?". . .
Re: Nigeria, Uae Sign $16 Billion Investment Contract by Nobody: 3:46am On Jan 17, 2009
Gayigaskia:

@9jaganja

Well i will tell u to shut f up because u don't know what u talking about .
first: the US is in trouble right now even them can use a hand from the arabs .
Second :tell me where Qaddafi invested a trillion in AU
Third: this people know that Investment equals risk.  just because u don't believe in Nigeria don't  question good people intentions.
If u don;t love country bro u can still leave , all the borders are allways open.

OK!! CYBER THUG!!.
The US stock market started going down after the Arabs first pulled off their investments in the US.
Also I never said Qaddafi invested in AU, I said in Africa not AU (AU is a policy organization not a company or nation)
Lastly, I'm a Nigerian and will always be. But you really need to shut up and correct opinions without cybernetic sarcasm which you can't display in front of real people.

I really don't like meeting people like you online. Simple message, you couldn't decode and you turned it into me not believing in Nigeria. Get a brain buddy!!!

(1) (Reply)

2011: Atiku As Messiah For Nigeria’s System Collapse / Yar'adua's Convoy Stoned In Jos ! / Yar'adua Looks Very Very Sick!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.