Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,795 members, 7,827,937 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

Should Prostitution Be Legal In Nigeria? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Should Prostitution Be Legal In Nigeria? (2748 Views)

Should Prostitution Be Legal? / Adultery Now Legal In South Korea! / Gay Marriage And marijuana Are Now legal In U.S.A (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Prostitution Be Legal In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jan 16, 2009
Prostitution as being in existence for ages now in Nigeria and still,it an underground thing.We've heard of cases of Policemen arresting prostitute not for the crime they've committed but to satisfy their own sexual urge,we've also heard of the pillars and post of Nigeria (politicians) patronizing there street hookers as they are called in America.Not only these people patronise them but even Soldier and many others so why i'm bringing up this topic is because in one way or the other these people are better than thieves because they render a service in which they're paid for.Remember 'one man's food is another man's poison' so come to think of the injustice being done to these people.They don't know whether they're in or out so i want to know your opinion about the topic.Should prostitution be legal in Nigeria?Think about the advantages and disadvantages,weigh them,then reply to the topic.The temporary wives(prostitutes) need your opinion
Re: Should Prostitution Be Legal In Nigeria? by Wumine(f): 11:31am On Jan 19, 2009
Reason? Is it something to be proud of?  There is no advantage whatsover so dont even start.
Re: Should Prostitution Be Legal In Nigeria? by Encomium(m): 6:27pm On Jan 19, 2009
The answer is NO cos its negative effects outweights what you think. Ok?
Re: Should Prostitution Be Legal In Nigeria? by otikpoko(m): 8:01am On Jan 22, 2009
@topic,NO!!!!
Re: Should Prostitution Be Legal In Nigeria? by tenner: 3:57pm On Jan 22, 2009
I don't recall any laws in Nigeria making it illegal to trade your body for cash.  That is why prostitution is so prevalent in the country; even more so in today's economic crisis. Legalisation will only offer some government officials another avenue to chop money undecided
Re: Should Prostitution Be Legal In Nigeria? by MrCrackles(m): 4:04pm On Jan 22, 2009
Have prostitutes and patronizers not legalise it themselves?!
Re: Should Prostitution Be Legal In Nigeria? by ilaugh1: 11:45am On Jan 26, 2009
why should it not be legal in Nigeria - after all , it is legal in America which we always use as a yardstick for anything meaningful development here on NairaLand.
Re: Should Prostitution Be Legal In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Aug 25, 2009
First I'll Like to correct an impression here
Why is it that we Nigerian don't maintain the level we are at all. Did i see anybody compare Nigeria With America?
America we all know is far far better than Nigeria so i see no reason why anybody should compare Her wit Nigeria
Now i want to contribute to the topic'Prostitution is Legal in Nigeria already, almost all our ladies are prostitute already (almost i said not all)
Come to think of it the first thing u use identify prostitute is their mode of drees, Now look at your self . Are You done, does your dress contribute to prostitution or not ?
If yes then you are one of the legal prostitutes we have in this coubtry but we can change it. We all know that prostitution is a bad thing.
If you say you are not a prostitute why do you always demand for money from your boyfriend after sleeping with him, and you said you are not a prostitute. Most of our ladies are prostitutes (apology to the good ones) and that is why I refuse to have a girlfriend. Ladies, i know you won't like what i wrote here but it is the truth, check it yourself and you'll know i've said the truth.
I've uploade a picture of a prostitute, nand i want you to look at it very well and see if thats not how you dress

Re: Should Prostitution Be Legal In Nigeria? by deb(m): 3:34pm On Aug 25, 2009
First I'll Like to correct an impression here
Why is it that we Nigerian don't maintain the level we are at all. Did i see anybody compare Nigeria With America?
America we all know is far far better than Nigeria so i see no reason why anybody should compare Her wit Nigeria
Now i want to contribute to the topic'Prostitution is Legal in Nigeria already, almost all our ladies are prostitute already (almost i said not all)
Come to think of it the first thing u use identify prostitute is their mode of drees, Now look at your self . Are You done, does your dress contribute to prostitution or not ?
If yes then you are one of the legal prostitutes we have in this coubtry but we can change it. We all know that prostitution is a bad thing.
If you say you are not a prostitute why do you always demand for money from your boyfriend after sleeping with him, and you said you are not a prostitute. Most of our ladies are prostitutes (apology to the good ones) and that is why I refuse to have a girlfriend. Ladies, i know you won't like what i wrote here but it is the truth, check it yourself and you'll know i've said the truth.
I've uploade a picture of a prostitute, nand i want you to look at it very well and see if thats not how you dress

Refering to the higlighted. That is where you get it wrong
Re: Should Prostitution Be Legal In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:07am On Aug 26, 2009
I'll like u to elaborate more on where i get it wrong. Understand Nigeria and compare her wit Nigeria, age,politics, and economy wise. Then u'll know what am talking about

(1) (Reply)

Creativity At Its Peak (pix) / Angry Fans Lash Out On Maheeda, Beverly And Others For X-rated Xmas Cards / How To Make A Small Room Feel Bigger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.